Kam Woo Sung 감우성

JamaicaK

Hi @JamaicaK  yes i think its quite recent. He's got about the same hairstyle as the Japanese Spring Day promo. I remember he didnt have a fringe for those photoshoots. KWS please update your tweeter or have an instagram so we can keep.track.of you. Thank you so.much for the photo dear Jamaica

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, I was just reading an article about the Shin Saimdang drama, and it mentioned a little extra detail that I hadn't seen before.  We know that in the story, Saimdang's diary indicates that she had a love story with someone who wasn't her husband, but this other article seems to indicate that she is the subject of the painting, "Portrait of a Beauty," which means that WS, if he takes the role, will be playing Shin Yun Bok, (aka. Hyewon) the painter!  With his background in Oriental Painting, this could be totally cool, if they allow him to do his own recreations of Shin's works.  Also interesting is both characters share the same surname.  Will the story make them cousins, and would that interfere with romance?  (And will I care about any of this, if he doesn't take the role?  Probably not.)

Yun Bok sounded like an interesting person - definitely spirited, some of his paintings were of the more erotic variety.  He sounded like he was his own man, as much as he could be.  How would Woo-Sung construct him, I wonder?

Another picture from the Japanese publicity shoot, and interview, in connection to the Japanese DVD release of "My Spring Day."

(It looks like the only subtitles are in Japanese - not surprising, and it's absurdly expensive, thanks to all the piracy.)

http://www.yesasia.com/us/my-spring-days-dvd-set-1-japan-version/1044067463-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/us/my-spring-days-dvd-set-2-japan-version/1044067506-0-0-0-en/info.htmlimage_zpsrbbnrovs.jpg

Okay, I don't know if there are conflicting reports, or what, but initially it looked like Woo-Sung is "out" of "Shin Saimdang," and now there is a more recent report that seems to indicate that casting was no problem, and that they will start shooting in August.  I simply cannot learn Korean fast enough, and all the all-line translator sites are so vague!

UPDATE:  Okay, looks like he's out.  Looks like he and Lee Young Ae couldn't get their schedules coordinated.  (He has a schedule???)  Anyway, I may actually watch some of the finished product, in the hopes of seeing that he was right not to do it.  Back to the drawing board, and four months out of his artistic life wasted..... :-(  (Sounds like maybe they made an offer to Yu Ji-Tae that was also rejected.)

Hi @JamaicaK oh what a huge disappointment....when am i ever going to see him.again?

I'm getting used to thinking the same thing, Hazel, after becoming a fan of his, at what turned out to be the beginning of his first long absence.  I can only hope that his decision, to not do this series, was correct. He probably was right not to do it, even from my standpoint.  He likely would've only been the mournful lover, who couldn't be with the main character.  He plays such parts well, but if Hyewon is who he was going to play, it would've never had the time to do justice to his character, without lessening Shin Saimdang's importance, and that wouldn't be fair, either.  Besides, for me, it would've been annoying to sit through entire episodes, only to see him for five minutes, or not at all.  At least, that's what I tell myself, in order to feel better.

Update:

http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2023996

This article is about how to get a chance to win an autographed MSD brochure by following K-Style on Twitter.

CM%20Capture%2034_zpsfl0yicvz.jpg

Japanese tv program airing tonight.  Thanks to actress_csy for sharing the news on Instagram, and WSLove fans for passing it on.  Wish I could see it!image_zps2rvbmb3x.jpg

image_zpsjbpiyh5s.jpg

What Set #1 of the Japanese DVD set looks like (again, thanks to Actress_CSY on Instagram). Set #2 will be released on August 5th.

10570151_984911151539933_265961323_n_zps

And other odds & ends:

I never realized the publicity photos, for the film, were taken when WS's hair was still blue-grey (or purple, or whatever color it was...) You can see it, clearly, in the larger photo - the hair against his forehead. LOL!

image_zps3cbyuyic.jpg

image_zpsqmtcvmmv.jpgoriginal_zpsbmzerlo

CM20Capture2064_zpsozfrs4fc.jpg

CM20Capture2045_zpscz9goodn.jpg

A touching moment from King Geunchogo.  

I'm beginning to realize, while watching this, for the first time since MSD, how often WS was acting opposite some co-stars who gave very little back to him, emotionally - very sad considering some of those characters were supposed to be the ones closest to WS's character, Yeogu. Strange, because when I watched it originally, those same relationships seemed so touching, and real - I grieved over them for months, but in comparison to MSD, they were nothing.  I can only think it was WS's hard work, and earnestness that affected me - made me believe that there was a depth of emotion flowing between those co-stars and him, when really, only he was real (and sometimes he struggled with that, since he was getting nothing to work off of from those co-stars - who shall remain unnamed, as they probably knew things weren't working, but could do nothing about it - a frustrating situation for them, too).  Pretty disappointing, when this role was something WS could definitely do, and needed to do, to open up his opportunities.  I would very much like to see him in some kind of adventure story, again, and enjoy seeing him in roles of leadership.

And a little Dong-Ha:

CM%20Capture%2071_zpswzv5ztqf.jpg

Thanks, once again, to Actress_CSY of Instagram, for providing some images from Kam Woo-Sung, and Choi Soo-Young's interview, that aired on Japanese TV, on July 13th. (I've never seen a camouflage suit jacket before!)

CM%20Capture%2029_zpswobpdqsg.jpg

And a small photo of someone's MSD brochure signed by Woo-Sung:

CM%20Capture%205_zpsqgdjw2bs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of new pictures posted on Instagram by youmi5485:

10950520_943543392353596_1022003586_n_zp

and ju.dong:

11251863_936104756446712_1413986884_n_zp

The Box cover for the second part of the Japanese DVD release of "My Spring Days," due August 5th (my birthday, and I can't even buy it for a present because, A. no English subtitles, and B. It's too friggin' expensive, anyway.)

CM%20Capture%2039_zpszad0kvhq.jpg

Plus some more shots from the Japanese tv interview:

toocute24_zpswy7zgjjp.jpg

toocute22_zps4q2tplgu.jpgtoocute21_zpsu0ytsjkd.jpgtoocute19_zpspkk5q3zq.jpgtoocute17_zpsct3ptliz.jpg

toocute28_zpscqrlteq7.jpg

toocute10_zpsfdguu48r.jpgtoocute9_zpsdxytagxg.jpgtoocute26_zpsbeidnu8b.jpg

toocute29_zpsyxbkg6gt.jpg

Japanese article on Kam's interview on the MSD DVD set.  This interview is on the 2nd set.  Part of WS's interview from it, has been posted on You Tube.  (Of course, no English subtitles, but you can still enjoy looking at him.  Click on photo, in article, for larger version.)

http://www.tvlife.jp/2015/08/07/43137

少女時代・スヨンのいたずらに感謝!?カム・ウソンが撮影秘話を語る

(2015.08.07)

20150807_watashi01_R-300x169.jpg

(C)2014MBC

K-POPガールズグループ・少女時代のスヨンによる最新主演作で、心臓移植がもたらす愛の奇跡を温かな感動で描いた韓国ドラマ『私の人生の春の日』。本作に出演する俳優カム・ウソンのインタビュー映像の一部が公開された。

DVD-SET1、DVD-SET2ともに発売中の本作は、2015年最高のピュアラブストーリーと称される感動作。スヨンは新たな人生を懸命に生きるヒロイン・ボミを熱演している。亡き妻の面影を胸に抱きながら、そんなボミに次第にひかれていくドンハを演じたのは、大ヒット映画「王の男」やソン・イジェン共演の『恋愛時代』をはじめ、数々の映画&ドラマで知的な魅力と存在感をアピールする実力派俳優カム・ウソン。スヨンとの20歳の年齢差カップルも話題となった。

今回公開となった映像は、発売中のDVD-SET2に収録されているカム・ウソンのインタビュー映像の一部。本作は感動的かつ切ないシーンが多く、特に俳優たちの“泣きシーン”も印象的。「泣きの演技はほとんどの俳優が苦戦します。普通なら共演者は芝居に集中できるよう助けますが、私たちはわざと集中できないように邪魔をし合った」と、感情移入し泣きすぎないよう協力し合ったという撮影秘話を明かした。

共演者のスヨンに対しては、「舌を出して笑わせたり、つついたりして、スヨンさんがいたずらしてくれたおかげで、とても良いシーンを撮影できた」と感謝の意を伝えたカム・ウソン。心臓移植という重いテーマを扱った作品でありながら、リラックスした撮影現場であったことがうかがえる。

さらにカム・ウソンは、「童顔が悩み。早く老けたい」と、年齢に合った重厚な作品にも出演したいと意外かつ贅沢な悩みも明かした。

『私の人生の春の日』 DVD-SET2 カム・ウソンインタビュー映像

『私の人生の春の日』公式HP:http://kandera.jp/sp/haru/

DVD-SET1&SET2、Vol.1~12 レンタル リリース中
各¥15,200+税
発売・発売元:NBCユニバーサル・エンターテイメント
(C)2014MBC

K2_zps2joikiz3.png~original

what_zpslyv2fuol.png

Archived