Kam Woo Sung 감우성

JamaicaK

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JamaicaK you did a great job on his thread & it's now building up to 45 pages! how i wish my other actor will reach this far but so far most of his fans who were enthusiastic early on may have turned to other actors now :) it's ok i'll continue & work on his thread till some new fans come that way!

i hope KWS will have another drama! i miss our OTP & has it been a yr old already? woah time do flies!

i like this picture of his:

https://media.zenfs.com/ko_KR/News/bntnews/8qbhxnn0tw2tqi8lbo6ncy7755hj01s8.jpg

Woo-Seong with jewelry designer Kim Jeong-Ju, during MSD filming - I assume she designed the bracelet Dong-Ha gives Bom-Yi.  (From Mucha Kim Jeong-Ju Facebook page.) 

0a68ddff-056b-4496-9793-3221c2170aa2_zps

10734183_654533594662697_506968819723343

1509733_654533614662695_4006172781905077

1897937_654533634662693_4101592896503822

This video of Woo-Sung's book publication press conference, in 2011, has English subtitles that can be accessed.

http://www.viki.com/videos/98121v-etn-actor-gam-woo-sungs-book-publication-party

Dear @JamaicaK, Hi . Been silent for a long time. Hehehe. There's a new photo of KWS and Soo Young on her instagram with the director of My Spring Days. Its to celebrate the one year anniversary of the drama i think. There was a cake too so.probably its to celebrate an occasion of some sort. I dont know how to post the picture here. Soooorrry

Cheers. Take care everybody

Dear @JamaicaK, Hi . Been silent for a long time. Hehehe. There's a new photo of KWS and Soo Young on her instagram with the director of My Spring Days. Its to celebrate the one year anniversary of the drama i think. There was a cake too so.probably its to celebrate an occasion of some sort. I dont know how to post the picture here. Soooorrry

Cheers. Take care everybody

Thanks for the "heads-up", Hazel!  (I'm so happy to see you, here, again!  I was getting worried about you!)  While WS may not be working on an acting project, I actually *have* managed to find quite a few new items to post since you were here last.

Here is the photo you mentioned.  Wish I could see MSD again for the very first time.  It captured, the true intensity of falling in love; and even better, it showed what *real* love endures.

2015091101001263300086571.jpg

www.allmovie.com/movie.spider-forest-v312989/review

August 5, 2006

Review by Josh Ralske

Like Mulholland DriveSong Il-gon's angst-ridden Spider Forest gets a lot of mileage out of the director's flair for off-kilter visuals and creepy atmosphere. The uneasy tone of the film, enhanced by a couple of horrific images in the early going (a splattered bloody murder scene and a ferociously violent car accident), will hold viewers' interest while the story doubles back on itself, seeming to twist in all directions, obscuring as much as it reveals. This is true from the very opening of the film, which is cannily shot and edited so that it's sometimes hard to tell from whose point of view we are watching the events unfold. While the major plot twist in the film will be immediately obvious to fans of this type of mind-bending cinema, Song manages to draw the audience in on an emotional level, with help from Gam Woo-seong's powerful portrayal of grief and guilt. The film is slow-moving and occasionally frustrating in its weblike narrative (at one point there is an extended flashback within an extended flashback, and there's always a nagging doubt as to whether any of the stories being relayed have a genuine basis in the film's reality), but Song's visuals remain compelling, whether it's a rack focus shot of a spider dangling in Kang's face, foreshadowing disaster; or the repeated image, in a slow tracking shot, of a strange door leaning against a tree on the edge of a forest. When the disturbing moments come, Song delivers them with a shockingly blunt effectiveness, including a mind-searing scene of one piggish character defiling a woman while devouring an apple. Spider Forest doesn't offer the closure one might desire, but it sends us on a twisted journey that lingers in the memory.

KWS is looking rather dapper in that light grey pullover. The jewelry shop scene brought back many sad memories. They were both dolled up to meet each other but Bom Yi ended fighting for her life in hospital. Sooo sad....cant forget how i cried buckets....

Cheers everybody. Take care

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8a0bdab0-bb05-428e-aa58-6100b5e6dd15_zps    eead65dd-ba59-494a-b3c7-f5936ef26ed3_zps  

More Instagram shots of Woo-Sung, with fans, on Jeju Island.  (Does he have a second home there???)  First pic is from kimsun_ju,  (who wrote on post, "Truly Gentle Spirit"), and the second picture, dated Nov. 22nd, is from stardust_ji.  All of the recent photos from Jeju show that Kam's hyperthyroidism is causing swelling in his throat.  Perhaps that might be one reason he hasn't accepted any roles, although from what I've seen of Korean film in recent years, there isn't much material worth getting excited about, anyway, so that probably plays into his decision to not take a role, even more.  :-/

Archived