Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

17.July.2015 Fitting for the photo shoot.

"From the first time I saw Mr. Joohyuk, I thought Nam Joo Hyuk should be the model of 'Defaye'."
cr: https://instagram.com/kaneitei/

iPe3QjIJnXNmp.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------
'Singles' August/2015 edition 

http://www.thesingle.co.kr/common/cms_view.asp?channel=451&subChannel=453&idx=8711

(This is a preview, more photos will be at the paper book)

2015716221558_788.jpg

2015716221558_117.jpg

Nam Joo Hyuk's Head to Head Competition

How many people would remember the models appeared in the fashion magazines? Since they're not on the TV, with just their face and body, being remembered in people's memory isn't easy. Nam Joo Hyuk debut 2 years ago at 2014 S/S Song Zio collection stage. Since that, he worked actively as a model. Finding fashion magazines which he didn't appeared in was difficult. This child looking, fresh face, cool body model became famous quite quickly. He was popular and receiving absolute support especially from the teenager girls. His popularity was proved clearly when he started the variety show 'Off to school'. Every time he came to school and appeared in the snack shop wearing uniform, hichschool girls' screaming was like a background music.

He stepped into the studio with comfortable face just like it's his familiar work space. While taking make-up, he didn't put away his smart phone from his hands. He was watching American drama 'Breaking bad'. When about one episode ended, the photo shooting started. When he was requested to make wrinkles on his forehead, he tried his best to open up his eyes, but he couldn't make it. He pushed his eyebrows with his fingers then opened his eyes, a tiny line appeared. He was no other than 22 years old who mass produced 'boyfriend photos' with cute smile. He said he used to watch drama or movies for fun, but now he pays more attention to the actors' body moves and face expressions. It's a small change of actor Nam Joo Hyuk.

The beginning of acting was music video of Akdong musician. After that, he appeared in 'Surplus princess' coupled with Kim Sulgi, he fell into the charm of acting. Acting as Han Yian in the drama 'Who Are You' let him make up his mind firmly to continue acting.
"When I started Surplus Princess, I had no idea what the acting is. So I had neither desire nor burden. But as I continue, I started to have desire. When I started 'Who Are You', my mind was different from the first."
He was popular to teenagers or 20s, but the executives in broadcasting station didn't know who he was. He didn't expect he could pass the audition. But after he passed, Nam Joo Hyuk's competitive spirit was stimulated. His desire was nothing like winning the co-star or catching the viewers' attention.
"I acted thinking 'Let's do my best as much as I can.'"
That's the reason that he has a lot to regret but isn't attached as his first drama as a leading actor.
"I got the edited video of my scenes only. I watched my acting again. I was like shouting out to do better in any way as a newbie actor. I could see I was working hard, but I saw my limit."
Nam Joo Hyuk expressed his acting 'shouting out'.
"I don't mind the bad comments. Because they're saying I'm doing bad because I'm doing bad. To be honest, I didn't do well, right?"
Then he added he had enough time to show himself more. I think he meant it's too early to judge him whether it is praise or blame. 
He dreamed of being a basketball player till 3rd year of middle school. But due to the sudden injury of legs, he quit being athlete. In drama 'Who Are You', he cried when Han Yian heard that he couldn't continue swimming. His acting was based on his experience.
"I could understand Yian's feeling when he lost his dream. I also had hard time whenever I thought what would happen in the future."

In school days, while all others were grabbing pen, he spent more time in grabbing basketball. It was a mental crisis to him. He became nervous and sensitive to everything, just came and went from home to school, stuck to the game. But his wandering time wasn't long. His parents didn't let him alone, they worried a lot if their only son might go wrong. Fortunately, Nam Joohyuk quickly found his way by himself that he might be able to do.
"At the class of 3rd year in middle school, I learned about various jobs, so I chose some of them that I wanted to do. One of them was model, others were like baker or wine sommelier. One thing which doesn't make sense at all now is, I was interested in the chicken sexer. I was fascinated by it because I heard I can earn big money just by telling if the chicken is male or female." (laughs)
How he was this specific and realistic in his young age.

(To be continued...)

Is he the cover of the magazine or he's just featured? ^_^

Edited by joohyukoppa
  • Like 1

(Translation of 'Singles' August/2015 continue)

http://www.thesingle.co.kr/common/cms_view.asp?channel=451&subChannel=453&idx=8711

Nam Joo Hyuk's hometown is Busan. He had lived in Busan till all his family moved to Suwon when he was at highschool. Is that the reason? He is awkward even while acting in being sweet to girls.
"When I filmed Who Are You, the director said to me, 'You are too much Busan guy even at the romance scenes. I cannot feel sweetness in your eyes but mischievous only.' I couldn't stand the goosebumps so when I acted with Eunbyul, I just showed my own shape."

Different from his looks which is like sweetest, he expresses his love playing tricks on his girlfriend. He is a typical blunt Busan guy. He was the same when he explained why he moved out from his parents' house 8 months ago. He expressed parents' house 'that house' just like someone else's house.
"If I kept living in that house, I thought I would never speak in standard accent. So I moved out quickly. (laughs) Parents speak in dialect, so I follow their accent. Even now, every time I speak in standard accent, I filter words in my brain then speak out. That's why I look dull."
Instead of saying 'Did you have meal?', he omitted verb and just said, 'Meal?' Although he is speaking in standard accent due to his work, his Busan accent is attractive, just like his 'that house' where will be filled with Busan accent.

For one year, the word 'actor' is added to the descriptions about Nam Joo Hyuk. But his daily life hasn't changed at all. In his free time, he watches dramas or movies which was heard interesting. When he comes home, he just lies down and looks at the ceiling for a while. What is changed is people's eyes.
"I don't say anything, but people around me say too much. When I started my model job, some of my school mates said, 'He has changed.' I don't understand why I should hear those words just because I have this job. It's not that they felt it because most of them are who have never talked with me."
For the interview time, he kept slow speed, but suddenly his speaking got faster.
"I am the same, but people feel difficult to face me. When I was just taking rest at home after tiring work, they say, 'Now he never step out of home'. Actually I liked to stay home always."
He said that he doesn't have time to spend money from before being a model till now. But his income is increased a little bit. He smiled and said recently he gave some money to parents.
"Since I started my model job, I managed my money by myself. Since I started 'Off to school', I had three installment savings account and was saving $500 each. After I saved like that, no money was left at my hand. Now a little money is left. (laughs) Recently my aunt recommended me to start saving to the apartment-application deposit, so I'm about to do it."
Nam Joohyuk wanted to decorate his one room studio to black color, but the owner didn't allow it. He was sorry about it. So this 22 year-old guy eagerly wants to buy his own house with that apartment-application deposit. He is surrealistically realistic.
He plays basketball 2~3 times every week no matter how busy he is. His position is guard. He explained his position quoting the comic book 'Slam Dunk'. (Omitted. Too detailed... I didn't read Slam Dunk, so I can't translate.)
His role model is Yoo A-In. "He had boy's face when he debuted, but now he smells like a man. I want to show the same growing image."

Sometimes, Nam Joo Hyuk reminds when he was training as a athlete. Every time he ran over to the peak of Busan Gudeok mountain, his heart was about to explode in a moment.
"Running next to rival was much more difficult than following him from behind. Because if I speed down just for a moment, I fall behind. I used to speak to myself, 'I should catch up him, then I can be something.' I felt like my legs were broken, my breath stop."
He knows the joy after this hardship. People call this experience 'growth'.
"I will work hard in acting. If I run to the end, won't people remember me as a 'good actor'?"
His self-esteem looked solid because he learned it from his body. Nam Joo Hyuk was a player who can see when is the right time to sprint. Maybe now we all are witnessing the 'beginning' of an actor who will be great some day.

(Again, my translation is okay to copy, quote, spread, cut, correct or whatever without credit. Sorry for my poor English.)

• Like 6

19.July.2015 Bicycle at Han river side.

iGcJgURsVNGRt.jpg

ibnopANuOUnxuj.jpg

Han Joonsung is a model & actor, same basketball team Codeone with Joohyuk. Many basketball photos with Joohyuk are in his instagram.

Mingue Kim is an actor in Who Are You, same swimming team with Han Yian. The other bicycle Kangmin Lee is an actor in Who are you too, swimming team.

iiAzvMkymvzhq.jpgPhoto by a fan. He was wearing a cap and glasses, with friends, and it was night, so people hardly recognized him. An account says how he has all eyes, nose and mouth in such a small face. He smiled to fans and signed autographs to them.

• Like 4

20.July.2015 Joohyuk was spotted at sunglasses store Gentle Monster. The lady with blonde hair is popular fashion designer Yoni.P. The man in hat is her husband, also popular fashion designer Steve J. Joohyuk has been on the stage of 'Steve.J & Yoni.P' shows in Seoul Fashion Week.

• Like 4

Vogue Girl August/2015

iWi9laiTVBeJz.jpg

iz1LNwmuambbY.jpg

iIlmLvQ16tIDr.jpg

I like this Vogue Girl photos the most among four magazines. It was taken at Seoul Forest under the 35'C. The interview is also great. @ironboy_njh posted English translation.

// The lady in upper photos is the designer of the brand 'Defaye'.

• Like 6

22.July.2015 Joohyuk at 87MN store

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t50.2886-16/11771622_1021305901243192_1494571118_n.mp4

23.July.2015 interview of director Oh Yoon Hwan of 'Off to school'

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003119842
(He is staying in China to make 'Off to school' Chinese version.)
"When I came back to Korea last weekend, Gangnam called me. He congratulated me on Off to school Chinese version being the top at Chinese TV rating. Then he put Joohyuk on the phone. Joohyuk celebrated too. When I received call from those two people, I reminded the days we had filmed 'Off to school' together. Nam Joohyuk is contacting and meeting Gangnam often after he finished 'Who Are You School2015'. On that day, they had dinner together and were talking at the cafe. Joohyuk doesn't appear in 'Off to school' anymore, but he is still contacting and meeting Gangnam often. It looked good. Because they are close this much, they could show good chemistry at Off to school."

23.July.2015 Photo shoot for POLHAM F/W catalog with Lee Sung Kyung.

ibcuOdOD0dKeLi.jpg
ioeOatMl9lOEs.jpg

ibi0Zx4EOKuDyX.jpgib0PKJHrcT6YUT.jpg

Photo with a staff. He intentionally stepped forward so that the girl's face looked smaller :D

ibrfRDhYgTLoDI.jpg

• Like 3

Guest phichul

woah!! magazine photos~ gonna save save save! :D 

owh! he is so sweet that he step forward when doing selfie with fans so that the girl face looks smaller beside his face. so sweeeetttt i'm melt!

btw as i said before I always love joohyuk interview.. his humbleness and honest answer really win my heart!(and maybe many noona, dongsaneg heart too) :wub: . seems like he has no idea that he can be this popular after 'off to school' and 'who are you' end.. and read his answer in Vogue magazine, he still a boy but start to gown up as man... he knows the consequence of being celebrity he'll lose some and gain some too.. but seeing him still have fun with his basketball team or his other model friend,, make me happy too as fans. I hope as always he keep being sweet,humble, and please enjoy your time as young boy too!!

I think he start to learn seriously about acting!now he watch movie not just for fun but to learn the acting of the actor! so I hope he got great character in the future drama or movie!!! fighting joo hyuk-a!!

11356714_903770119693500_484895263_n.jpg11201540_955736711113082_1427414765_n.jp1538461_935417573148119_980268822_n.jpg

he update his instagram

btw the translation on his first weibo update is : "Hello everyone this is NJH. I want to communicate with my fans in China, so I opened a weibo account. Please give me a lot of support"

and in just 2 days his weibo account already placed in 5 and got 300.000+ follower

Guest snowstorm87

Nam Joo Hyuk Joins “Cheese in the Trap” Drama

nam-joo-hyuk-cheese-in-the-trap-soompi.j
Actor Nam Joo Hyuk joins the growing list of confirmed cast members for the live-action adaption of the webtoon “Cheese in the Trap.” Park Hae Jin and Kim Go Eun have been confirmed in the lead roles of Yoo Jung and Hong Seol, respectively.

Nam Joo Hyuk takes on the role of Kwon Eun Taek, friend and junior to Hong Seol and her friend Bora. In the webtoon, he is described as a tall and cute college student, who seems a little clumsy and awkward at times but is really a reliable and trustworthy friend.

Nam Joo Hyuk expressed that he is honored to join the cast since he was a fan of the webtoon.

Nam Joo Hyuk recently wrapped up the KBS drama “Who Are You- School 2015.” “Cheese in the Trap” is expected to premiere in October on tvN.

What do you think of the casting? Does Nam Joo Hyuk look and fit the role of Kwon Eun Taek?

source: http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/02/nam-joo-hyuk-joins-cheese-in-the-trap-drama/

------

Good news everyone! We’re going to see JooHyuk very soon in Cheese in the Trap as Kwon EunTaek. I’m so excited. I’ve read the webtoon and the story is very interesting and character driven. I like how it’s set in college too. 

EunTaek is a major supporting role and he’s an all around good guy and not too complex, so I can see why JooHyuk is interested in this role. I’m even more excited that drama seems to be in good hands (well-known PD and tVN). Recently, I finished watching Misaeng, which is also a character driven webtoon turned drama that aired on tVN. Misaeng is absolutely fantastic – the directing, writing, and editing showed so much complexity and subtlety as well as allowed everyone to shine, even minor characters who were memorable. Anyway, I’m really hoping that the drama adaptation of Cheese in the Trap will be similar to Misaeng. This project has a lot of potential and as long as the writing is solid, I don’t have any doubts that JooHyuk won’t be able to shine.  EunTaek's hair part kinda reminds me of YiAn at the end of WAY lol.

It seems the broadcasting order is exchanged with the next drama, so 'Cheese in the trap' will be aired from December. The filming will start at September. Fans like it more because the production team can have more time to prepare (WAY lacked time too much) and Joohyuk can participate in Seoul Fashion Week at October.
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=082&aid=0000521059
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000736204

Nam Joo Hyuk said, "This webtoon is what I've enjoyed from before, I feel honored that I can participate in it. I will prepare well and try to show good acting." The production company told about the reason of casting, "Eun Taek's character has manly and unexpected charm which suits best with Nam Joo Hyuk's image."
http://www.sportsq.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=67431

wldgldg20150803161327_O_01_C_1.jpg

Eun Taek is funny, cheerful, mischievous and has pure heart. In short, attractive! similar to BIG. He always try to help and cheer up the leading girl, Hong Seol and her friend Bora. No romantic relationship is with Hongseol but possible with Bora. One funny scene, Eun Taek is rolling his eyes in front of her to cheer her up. 

ibrtUbFgQ4L6fl.jpg

//The photo shoot with Sulli is for the weekly magazine High Cut next week edition. The script says that both Joohyuk and Sulli were born at 1994, they showed good chemistry during the shooting.

• Like 4

Aug.01.2015 Saturday = basketball day

Shooter Joohyuk!

Now everyone knows that Joohyuk is no.20. Accounts say 2pm Jinwoon was with him but not in this video. After the game, the went to eat Naeng Myun (cold noodle) then cafe Tom N Toms. Many desserts were on the table, but Joohyuk ate a little bit of fruit only.

iLXr4sRp2MF8I.jpgi8bVMQBT23mft.jpgibobxeSRBERhJ4.jpg

• Like 3