Last/ 라스트

라스트

Drama: Last

Hangul: 라스트

Network: JTBC

Genre: action- thriller

Episodes: 16

Director: Jo Nam-Kook

Writer: Kang Hyeong-Gyu (original comic), Han_Ji-Hoon (drama adaptation)

Release Date: July, 2015

Runtime: Fridays & Saturdays 20:40  time slot previously occupied by "My Love Eun-Dong"

Production Company:

OST:

Official page: http://drama.jtbc.joins.com/last/Last_Teaser.html

http://drama.jtbc.joins.com/last/

Watch VIKI: https://www.viki.com/tv/27219c-last (licensed)

Watch DRAMAFEVER: http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4755/Last/ (licenced)

Watch Live: http://jtbc.joins.com/onair/onair.aspx

Plot

Depicts the struggle surrounding the 10 billion won underground economy.  Asianwiki http://asianwiki.com/Last

The main character, Tae-ho (Yoon Kye-Sang) starts out as a sharp fund manager who is expecting a massive payday to come in, only to have a deal go bad and ruin him and his partner, to the tune of many millions. They’ve got scary gangster investors clamoring for their money back and seemingly no way out, and Tae-ho’s partner kills himself in despair. Tae-ho is also feeling cornered and desperate after losing everything (becoming homelessness), but he vows to not let this bad deal kill him and works his way back. The story depicts the pecking order of the homeless people who live inside Seoul Station and the secret organizations among them. It’s an action-thriller about a hero who claws himself up from rock bottom to figure out what went wrong with his deal and get his life back. Dramabeans

Cast

tumblr_npq8xbvMjj1sdd1ivo3_r2_540.png

Yoon Kye-Sang - Jang Tae-Ho

Lee Beom-Soo-  Kwak Heung-Sam

Seo Ye-Ji - Shin Na-Ra

Park Ye- Jin- Seo Mi-Joo

Park Won- Sang-  Ryoo Jong-Goo

Goo Jae-Yee - Yoon Jung-Min

Lee Yong-Woo - Kang Se-Hoon

Kong Hyung-Jin - Cha Hae-Jin

Kim Hyung-Kyu - Samagwui (mantis)

Lee Cheol-Min - Doksa (poisonous snake)

Jang Won-Young - Akeo (crocodile)

Kim Young-Woong - Sergeant Bae

Jo Jae-Yun - Baemnoon (snake eye)

Park Hyeok Kwon- Park Min-Soo (Jang Tae-Ho`s partner) cameo

Yoon Je-Moon - Jakdoo (straw cutter) -cameo

Lee Do Kyeong- cameo

Ahn Se Ha-

Park Geun Hyung-

Teasers/ Trailers

Teaser 1 Teaser 2  Teaser 3a  Teaser 3b  Teaser 3c Teaser 3d  Teaser 3e Teaser 4

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoon Kye-sang offered JTBC drama Last

by javabeans | April 21, 2015 | 43 Comments

yks_181.jpg

JTBC is prepping a new drama titled Last, with an intriguing premise that deals with “the pecking order of Seoul Station’s homeless.” Yoon Kye-sang (Full Sun) is considering the lead role, and the offer’s out to Seo Ye-ji (Superdaddy Yeol, Records of a Night Watchman) to co-star with him.

Last, like everything these days, is based on a webtoon, and I’ve read mostly positive things about it; I read the first several chapters to get a sense of the tone, and it’s got an interestingly grim, suspenseful vibe. The main character, Tae-ho (which is the character being considered by Yoon Kye-sang) starts out as a sharp fund manager who is expecting a massive payday to come in, only to have a deal go bad and ruin him and his partner, to the tune of many millions. They’ve got scary gangster investors clamoring for their money back and seemingly no way out, and Tae-ho’s partner kills himself in despair. Tae-ho is also feeling cornered and desperate after losing everything (hence the homelessness), but he vows to not let this bad deal kill him and works his way back. Dramabeans http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/04/yoon-kye-sang-offered-jtbc-drama-last/

라스트

The successor of JTBC drama "My Love Eun-Dong" is drama "Last". The drama is going on around 100 billion underground economy struggling. The original author has developed a fast-paced and full of action manga, gotta raise expectations. Lee Beom-soo ,Yoon Kye-sang, Seo Ye-Ji are already confirmed. PD will be Jo Nam-Kook who was the PD for Empire of Gold and The Chaser. Credit http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/554972

Finally! Just to share..this is the story about the homeless guy correct?  From the Iris writer?  I remember I sorta tweet about this err... feb or march perhaps this could/might be lmh drama comeback.. ha ha but I'm oh so wrong. But anyway. I'm waiting for this. Thanks for the info Larus!

Wow jTBC aren't wasting time. MLE is still in its third week and they're already promoting its successor, not that I'm complaining. The second half of this year looks promising and the competition will be tough. Let's hope all shows live up to the expectations.

JTBC picks up Yoon Kye-sang thriller Last, D-Day to follow

by girlfriday | June 12, 2015 | 1 Comment

Last1.jpg

There’s been some back and forth at cable network JTBC over scheduling its drama lineup for the rest of the year — disaster medical drama D-Day has been casting in the hopes of being picked up for the July Friday-Saturday slot following Beloved Eun-dong, but in the end it went to Last, the thriller that’s been courting Yoon Kye-sang (Full Sun) to headline.

Last is a webtoon adaptation that’ll be helmed by PD Jo Nam-gook of The Chaser and Empire of Gold, and will be an intrigue drama in a similar vein. It’s about a smart and successful fund manager who suffers a huge loss on a deal he thought was foolproof, and as a consequence his partner commits suicide and he becomes a homeless man on the run from loan shark gangsters.

Read more Dramabeans

Finally! Just to share..this is the story about the homeless guy correct?  From the Iris writer?  I remember I sorta tweet about this err... feb or march perhaps this could/might be lmh drama comeback.. ha ha but I'm oh so wrong. But anyway. I'm waiting for this. Thanks for the info Larus!

​I read about this drama in April.  I was keeping my eyes on it because I like the premise. The last works of the PD are two of my favorite dramas (but that was because of the writing :phew:) and I hope he chose a good project this time too. I heard that the writer is one of Iris writers but so far we don`t know for sure. That doesn`t impress me but I still have faith that this drama will be good. So glad that I will finally watch Lee Beom Soo again. I can`t wait to see Lee Beom Soo and Yoon Kye Sang playing together. I bet LBS will be the villain in Last. 

​I read about this drama in April.  I was keeping my eyes on it because I like the premise. The last works of the PD are two of my favorite dramas (but that was because of the writing :phew:) and I hope he chose a good project this time too. I heard that the writer is one of Iris writers but so far we don`t know for sure. That doesn`t impress me but I still have faith that this drama will be good. So glad that I will finally watch Lee Beom Soo again. I can`t wait to see Lee Beom Soo and Yoon Kye Sang playing together. I bet LBS will be the villain in Last. 

​I am also thinking he will be the villain. That would be the reasonable choice, as giving him some homeless ajeossi role would not have a big impact in the story and he is in the main cast. Meaning his role will be important. On the other hand, there seems to be an older man sitting in that chair and Lee's character's wardrobe does not exactly scream head honcho, so he might just be an important ally or then an important goon of the villain. I am not sure how the story plays out, so no clue yet. It might just be that we get some backstory and he used to have a lower rank as a villain or it is also very likely he is leading that secret homeless organization that has been talked about.

As for the 'IRIS' writer, that show was a mess, but it was written by many and it's tough to know what the specific one could do with more creative liberty. 'IRIS' was a major investment and a hallyu vessel and those have limited artistic quality and one goal; financial and cultural success. But the name is not mentioned now, so let us see if he's still on-board. Now allow me to go freeze-frame the teaser and look for cast members. XD

Edit: Well, this is a tough one. Some barely get their face shown. JTBC, you tease.

Wow jTBC aren't wasting time. MLE is still in its third week and they're already promoting its successor, not that I'm complaining. The second half of this year looks promising and the competition will be tough. Let's hope all shows live up to the expectations.

​@larus,  Thanks for the thread opening..

@eunsuhae,  I agree JTBC is on the ball..

I can't tell details from the translation, but it looks like we have our villain. Lee Beom Soo will be the boss of Seoul's underground economy.
Which is a step up from his last work, given he was shoved out of the plot there and given literal time out and chairs to warm with his behind.

Source: ENews24 (among many)

On Lee Beom Soo's official Facebook page it was written that he will play "the main character" in Last. Maybe we'll have two main characters? Anyway, I can't wait for Lee Beom Soo's comeback!

Of course he is the main character. A drama could have two, three or four main characters. In a rom com the first leads (male and female) are the most important characters and, usual, the others are just supporting. In action thriller like this one, the hero and the villain are the most important characters, but there are other characters that matter for the story.  The question is how important for the story will make the lead actress. I wish they give her a good role but the main focus will remain the guys. What I like about dramas as Cruel City or Punch -two shows I have in mind when I think about Last- (I hope the later will be as good as them), is that every single character is important. It doesn`t matter who is the first lead or second lead, even the supporting cast are lucky to play in a show that doesn`t waste them. I wish Last will be a show like this.  

Of course he is the main character. A drama could have two, three or four main characters. In a rom com the first leads (male and female) are the most important characters and, usual, the others are just supporting. In action thriller like this one, the hero and the villain are the most important characters, but there are other characters that matter for the story.  The question is how important for the story will make the lead actress. I wish they give her a good role but the main focus will remain the guys. What I like about dramas as Cruel City or Punch -two shows I have in mind when I think about Last- (I hope the later will be as good as them), is that every single character is important. It doesn`t matter who is the first lead or second lead, even the supporting cast are lucky to play in a show that doesn`t waste them. I wish Last will be a show like this.  

Firstly, @Hannahmiriam, he is a main character. He is not the protagonist, but he is a main character. Second male lead, you could call him. It's just that in this case, it's a hero/villain dynamic. In rom-coms, it's usually lover/rival etc. And no, not all writers mess up and get rid of their other leads, like in his last drama. XD That was horrible planning. So I think he is an actual lead here.

And @larus, I agree that I wish we'd get some nice leading lady character. 'Cruel City' had women who mattered in their stories. They had agency, focus, nuance, they were great. Though I don't think 'Last' will go there, really. Perhaps if it was the same writer, it would. A lot will depend on who is writing and what the production, those providing the money want.

Nooooo! I made the mistake of watching Temptation despite hearing about how horrible Dr Jin was, I don't know if I have it in me to sit through another one of his dramas :tears:

I have only experienced 'Dr. Jin' from his dramas and even if someone told me 'Temptation' was awesome, I'd have doubt. But people tell me it sucked, so unless cable works some miracle on him, yeah, I worry. What a solid premise of a show to give to someone who wrote something like 'Dr. Jin'. XD

So Han Ji Hoon is our writer, it seems. I... don't know how to feel about that. XD I mean... 'Dr. Jin'...

Between Last and My Beautiful Bride, two shows of the same genre I will watch I get confused who is the writer or the PD. Now, I read that Dr. Jin`s writer will write this drama?  Why? WHY, DramaGod? If there is one kdrama I hate the most is... Dr. Jin. I have to calm down now. I watched another drama of this writer, an action drama, Time Between Dog and Wolf,  and It was decent. So let`s hope he had just one bloke-out.

Fingers crossed for a good show.

Archived