Guest ororomunroe

JAN 28, 2016 KOREAPORTAL News: Park Hae Jin Signs $9.2 Million Worth of Ad Deals.

Photo

Korean drama sensation Park Hae-jin, who is known for his tvN romantic-thriller series "Cheese in the Trap" has closed advertisement deals amounting to 11 billion won ($9.2 million) with over 15 of the biggest advertisers in the industry as reported by Korea Herald Monday. 

The actor, who first appeared in Korean drama East of Eden in 2009 currently enjoys widespread popularity in Korea and China and has generated a big fan base from his current hit drama series, "Cheese in the Trap." 

According to Park's spokesperson, the actor's recent total income from his advertising activities which amounts to a whooping 11 billion won came from various big brands he used to work with as well from new advertisers who were convinced by his enticing on-screen charm. Park has reportedly signed advertisement deals with various big brands including Beanpole and 7 Eleven. His contract on his previous endorsements have been renewed as well. Among these brands are Mind Bridge, Kohler Novita and Lotte Duty Free.

7-Eleven, the popular international chain of convenience stores has launched a various range of products such as kimbap and lunch sets featuring Park as the character "Yoo Jung," the male lead in the hit TV drama series. According to Park's talent agency WM Company, 7-Eleven will expand these array of products all over Asia including China, Japan, Thailand and Taiwan. 

The hit romantic-thriller series "Cheese in the Trap," has a recorded viewership rating of 6.6 percent for its fifth episode based on an AGB Nielsen Media Research survey, and apparently is on top of the charts. The series is loosely based on the eponymous Naver webtoon.

The series has also reached the hearts of Chinese viewers as it is currently on top of the Weibo drama chart prior its official release in China which shows a big demand among Chinese audiences. 

----------

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PReview 10: He sees In Ho is there protecting HS and chasing YG! This must upset him... as we know that Yoo Jung is quite jealous of In Ho. He fears, he might lose HS to In Ho. Honestly, I can understand where it comes from. His father always shows more concern and affection to In Ho than to him. Even In Ho is aware of it and rubbed it under YJ's nose (episode 3).

I am quite sure, Yoo Jung was less praised than In Ho back in the day, especially due to In Ho's talent. That's why the scene in the restaurant (episode 8) was so important because I have the impression that for In Ho, it must have been the first time, where the roles were reversed! In Ho didn't have to feel lower than YJ before... he had the support from YJ's father (financially and emotionally).

A lot of YJ's insecurities towards In Ho were shown in the episode 7. IT is about the hugs. We have three scenes where Seol is hugged.

First picture: At the beginning, we see Seol meeting ET, Bora, Jun and In Ho for her moving. Interesting is that you can see that YJ isn't pleased to see In Ho being there, but he advices Seol that they all go to the restaurant together. Just after that, he puts his arms around Seol and In Ho has to follow. It is clear, he wants to demonstrate that he is Seol's boyfriend (he is kind of "marking his territory"). His moves reveals to me that he is afraid that he might lose Seol to In Ho because In Ho has always got loved so easily.

Second picture: In Ho had noticed his move in that scene (first picture) and decided to provoke him, that's why he put his arms around Jun and Seol later! He is definitely enjoying tormenting YJ and I am quite sure, he can sense YJ's insecurities! I really felt sorry for YJ in that scene. In Ho is well aware of YJ's presence. He saw him but didn't tell the others. He knew that YJ wouldn't reveal himself because he would have revealed that he was upset!

Third picture: I can imagine that YJ couldn't just take In Ho's provocation, therefore he wants to meet In Ho. He surely wants to help him but we saw that he was rather cold too. I guess, he was kind of conflicted. Doing the right thing but also not allowing In Ho to get closer to Seol. He always wants to show that he is Seol's boyfriend and he is the one who decides. That's why he hugs Seol and they leave In Ho behind! Yoo Jung is the one who gives the car, who gives him some advices and who decides when they leave In Ho!

All this illustrates YJ's big insecurities to be left behind. He is really afraid of In Ho who was so easily loved and admired! We shouldn't forget In Ho's professor told him that compliments and indirectly affections can be poisonous and he was right as In Ho has never realised how YJ's father was towards his son. He never cared about it.   

10 minutes ago, IreneY said:

some1 shared the tudou link epi 9 bts back hug..can't open...=.=||||

if any1 come across the bts with eng sub...plsssss post here!!!!tqvm:w00t:

That was me. Try this instead, @gothigh posted the the raw BTS. Sushisubs will prolly get around to subbing it in eng, though im not sure how soon.

Meanwhile you could watch other eng subbed BTS videos here (the amazing sushisub's channel):

(click the top left of the video to go to the video you're looking for.) There are currently 20 eng subbed BTS videos. 

PS: everyone, eng subbed ep 8 BTS feat Minsoo is out~

Seol and Jung been dating close to three months now. Maybe even there or over since in this drama days, weeks, and even months pass by in one episode. I only know how long they been dating because in ep 8 when Seol's mom asks that of Jung he looks at Seol and thinks and says 2 and half months :D What feels like days to us has been weeks and moths of progress :D They can have sex now right LOL. They in college. They grown. I want to see the whole "marriage then sexy times" stuff they do in most kdrama be broken. Give me some 'I Need Romance' (s1) smexy times. Nah give me what you gave me in Heart to Heart PD-nim :D 

2 minutes ago, honeywell said:

@MrsSoJiSub It's because the gift was going by so fast.  Is that Jung and Sol in the car?

I'm sorry I was just joking (though the kdrama gods really do hear us). Yeah it's Jung and Seol in the car.

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have noticed that each time YJ and HS were fighting or keeping a distance from each other it happened in an uneven episode (1, 3 he was cold to her because he thought, she approached him to hook him up with AY, 5 she discovers the truth about the deal) and in the even episodes, they became close again! So my hopes are that at the end of the episode 10, they make it up!

Am I too optimistic?

Wow your observations are incredible!

@namyoyes sunbae being angry is a sight to behold! Be careful inha, you are unleashing Hades himself!

@qwenli Thanks a lot for the compliment! smileyscrazy monkey  

I have been thinking about Kong Yoo Jong's words to Yoo Jung: "You don't know what love is and you'll never understand why I gave up everything for my love!!"

Honestly, I would like this script to happen! His dad who has such high expectations from YJ and never shows any affections towards Yoo Jung is not pleased to hear that YJ is dating Seol and put him in front of an ultimatum! Choose between his legacy and his love... believing that Yoo Jung will give up Seol. We saw that Yoo Jung never took his wealth and power for granted. He has always worked very hard and led a diligent life. He wasn't upset or disgusted to see Seol's flat or eat kimbap! That's why I imagine him very well to leave his father behind and live his life without his father's help. He can do very well on his own! 

They're once happy~~

dgYW4fc.gifoKi2wzw.gif

A brother still a brother~~ hehehe

Kd9LsJj.gifsuDvzzy.gif

Okay.. I'm going to sleep already~~ and probably tomorrow I'll see extra 7 pages more starting now.. hahaha

Night all!! :wub:

Oh snap..what in the world is happening.in tmrs episode... Even though they kiss in the bed the overall preview looks sad!! Hope they end tmrs epd on a happy note to keep us optimistic for the week that follows without citt!!

Archived