[Drama 2015] Late Night Restaurant 심야식당

larus

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cr: automa feed/ pix via twtr

"Nam Taehyun is doing his best to the extent that he never lets go of his script" :'))))))

According  prod team; writer-nim, director..  taehyun had passion for acting and immersed in his character to the point where would never let go of the script. Can't seem to post naver pic.. the one where he had the script at the back pocket of his jeans.

Instead another photo. A good visual of the 20 yr old w/o the cat costume.  

Character storyline  in the drama is a smiling cat mascot. His story is heartwarming. Born w/o father, mother died in in car accident. Takes part time jobs to continue studies very diligent hard working. One of the part time job is  a smiling cat mascot.

Waiting for this k version of jdrama Shinya shokudo. This drama as mentioned prev post has really no super superstar but there's a young one whose prolly going to emerge as good one. And yes we want 30 minutes of high quality drama.

Embedded image permalink

SBS official site added descriptions for each character of Late Night Restaurant.

WE27104539_w666.jpg

"The food is the same as the knife. The food is the same material, it is also made from the same recipe tastes different depending upon who creates it. Now their stories will be the recipe for my cooking."

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/programSubCharacter.do?pgm_id=22000008149&pgm_build_id=10501&pgm_mnu_id=35917

I am covering it for HanCinema as well, so here. :)

[HanCinema's Drama Preview] "Late Night Restaurant"

photo607389.jpg

Korean drama is not really entertainment known for its fresh stories. Even when they appear to be, a lot of them are based on other works, such as manhwa, webtoons or even works in other countries. "Late Night Restaurant" is itself based on a Japanese drama called 'Shinya Shokudo' and originally a manga. However, that does not change the fact that it can bring some much needed diversity to Korean drama.

Premise

The series is about a restaurant which is only open from midnight to 7am. Its owner and chef, a mysterious man called Master will cook dishes according to each customer's wishes. Along with the food, Master offers his company while the diners speak to him about what troubles them.

>> Full Piece <<

Guest ascsp

Cut

Very well written! Brava :)

Cut

Very well written! Brava :)

Thank you @Orion, read the review. I echo the same sentiments of  @ascsp. I've been looking forward to this drama. Good high quality heart warming drama. We're hungry for such show. Finally.

Viki has licensed it for Europe. I suggest that we all favorite their page, and also submit Title Request forum, esp, if you are not located in Europe, for Midnight Diner - 심야식당

They may extend the license if they get enough requests.

https://www.viki.com/tv/27513c-midnight-diner

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

In addition, Drama Fever is considering licensing it, but only one comment on the potential drama page.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/3048/Late_Night_Restaurant/

I suggest that anyone who wants it subbed for the U.S. market, comment on Drama Fever page, and add it to their favorites.

It is unlikely that they will sub this drama and license it with no real reaction from potential viewers.

@Orion, I join the others in appreciation of your coverage. Thank you.

‘Late Night Restaurant’ Unveils Its Second Teaser Video

iqfs403yxqdvesl826vdv6w9do50sul2.jpg

Fans’ expectations are rising day by day for the new drama!

Before its first episode, ‘Late Night Restaurant’ disclosed its second teaser video where you can plentifully feel the little happiness of our everyday life. With this, the narration of Kim Seungwoo, who plays the main character, emphasized this effect.

Also, a part of the drama OST was also revealed in the teaser video: Yoonha shows another version of ‘Until the Morning Brightness’, a song of Deulgukhwa that is one of the greatest rock groups in Korea. With her unique sweet and calm voice, Yoonha will maximize the drama’s message and comfort people’s tired mind.

‘Late Night Restaurant’ is about the healing stories happened in a restaurant which is located in an aisle of Seoul and operates from midnight to 7am. Kim Seungwoo, Choi Jaesung, Joo Wonsung, Nam Taehyun and more will play in the drama.

Meanwhile, ‘Late Night Restaurant’ will air its first episode on July 4 at 12:10 AM KST. (photo by C9 Entertainment, SBS)

Source

‘Late Night Restaurant’ is about the healing stories happened in a restaurant which is located in an aisle of Seoul and operates from midnight to 7am. Kim Seungwoo, Choi Jaesung, Joo Wonsung, Nam Taehyun and more will play in the drama."

When I can't wait for this! next week already. This drama might not be  appealing to most kdrama viewers. This is not like full hour drama show and there's no hallyu type superstars but as  @Orion says the show looks like relaxing, potentially warm and human show about people and their everyday worries.

Ah the hunger for such quality show. low key casting, different and just 30 minutes. Craving. Warming my appetite.:)

Kim Seung-woo’s Midnight Diner opens for business

MidnightDiner1.jpg

Here’s a peek at SBS’s late-night “healing food” drama Midnight Diner, which is getting ready to premiere this weekend. It’s a remake of the Japanese manga Shinya Shokudo by Yaro Abe, which has also been remade as a television series in Japan and most recently a movie, all starring Kobayashi Kaoru. Kim Seung-woo (IRIS 2, Third Ward) headlines the remake for SBS as an enigmatic chef who runs a quirky diner that only opens at night.

Read more on Dramabeans

When I'm waiting for this. 4th of July. Food drama.  Food prn. Food for the soul. My weekend complete w/ ocn MBB 11pm  after that  this drama. I guess weekend drama is the in thing :)

And for  the curious, try watching the original jdrama(I like) so you'll have idea :)

Guest ascsp

When I'm waiting for this. 4th of July. Food drama.  Food prn. Food for the soul. My weekend complete w/ ocn MBB 11pm  after that  this drama. I guess weekend drama is the in thing :)

And for  the curious, try watching the original jdrama(I like) so you'll have idea :)

I finished the manga some days ago and watched first eps of jdrama. Comic and j show are quite different despise the plot very similar, because comic's vibe is a bit lighter. In j drama I like the smallness of the restaurant and the food so simple. In comic I like drawings: ironic, with unique personal style. We will see what this drama will bring us..

Archived