[Drama 2015] Save the Family 가족을 지켜라

valsava

• Drama: Save the Family (English title)
  • Revised romanization: Gajokeul Jikyeora
  • Hangul: 가족을 지켜라
  • Director: Jun Sung-Hong
  • Writer: Hong Young-Hee
  • Network: KBS1
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: May 11, 2015 --
  • Runtime: Mon-Fri 20:25
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Woo-Jin (Jae Hee) is an ambitious doctor. After he failed in love, he no longer believes in true love. He views marriage as just a business. Hae-Soo (Kang Byul) works as an assistant chef. She dreams of getting married to the right man and having a family. Woo-Jin soon falls in love with Hae-Soo. He comes into conflict with love and ambition.

Notes

1. "Save the Family" takes over the KBS 1 Mon - Fri 20:25 time slot previously occupied by "You Are The Only One."
  2. Director Jun Sung-Hong and screenwriter Hong Young-Hee previously collaborated in 2012 KBS drama series "Moon and Stars for You."

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cast

Save the Family-Jae Hee.jpgSave the Family-Kang Byul.jpgSave the Family-Jung Hye-In.jpgSave the Family-Eom Yu-Shin.jpgShin Seung-Hwan
Jae HeeKang ByulJung Hye-InEom Yu-ShinShin Seung-Hwan
Jung Woo-JinLee Hae-SooKo Ye-WonNam Jung-SookJung Tae-Jin

Save the Family-Lim Chae-Won.jpgKim Dong-YoonSave the Family-Park Ji-So.jpgSave the Family-Choi Il-Hwa.jpgSave the Family-Lee Whee-Hyang.jpg
Lim Chae-WonKim Dong-YoonPark Ji-SoChoi Il-HwaLee Whee-Hyang
Choi Yoon-JungChoi Yoon-ChanJung Soo-BinJung Man-JaeBok Soo-Ja

Save the Family-Byun Hee-Bong.jpgSave the Family-Ban Hyo-Jung.jpgSave the Family-Narsha.jpgSave the Family-Park Cheol-Ho.jpgSave the Family-Lim Sung-Min.jpg
Byun Hee-BongBan Hyo-JungNarshaPark Cheol-HoLim Sung-Min
Jung Soo-BongCha Ong-SimJung Hee-JinJung Ho-Jae

Na Ae-Ran

Save-the-Family__1.jpg

Plot

Woo-Jin ( Jae Hee ) is an ambitious doctor. After he failed in love, he no longer believes in true love. He views marriage as just a business. Hae-Soo ( Kang Byul ) works as an assistant chef. She dreams of getting married to the right man and having a family. Woo-Jin soon falls in love with Hae-Soo. He comes into conflict with love and ambition.

@valsava HA! I had a feeling you were going to create this thread :) I was wondering for a while why there is no thread for this Jae Hee's comeback drama. Thank you chingu :) IKR, no draft function...I too am trying to swim in this new soompi pool :crazy:

@Jadecloud,  I love the first episode did you get a load of upright Choi Il Hwa AKA JMJ drunk in that bar scene first time ever seeing him dancing and singing like that it was fun to watch.. I just hope he don't be fired after making and azz of himself the night before.. 

I see her mom made her get engaged to another man but what mom would want her daughter married into a family like there's no matter how great his occupation is his family was a no no in her mom books.. You can't blame him for being mad looks like her mom had something to do with his job promotion 

Which we had a better chart     

Guest sang

About a dozen faces of casting members are familiar to me.

But,  I do not know, all their real name.

First episode is Interesting~~~though,  

Doctor could succeed with boosting back ground over doctor's competency.

@valsava Thanks for that lil bit of insight into ep 1. I haven't watched the premiere ep 1 yet so I can't comment now. But I plan to watch it soon.  I like Jae Hee very much so I will def watch this drama. But not likely to be able to live stream it.

Hello everyone!

Thanks @valsava for starting this thread. This drama is off to a great start - the 1st episode roped in 24.4% AGB Nielsen nationwide rating.

It should be a different tone compared to Only You My Love as this dramas opened its first episode with quite a number of main and supporting casts. I don't often see Woo-jin's father character in such a different role where he talked and gave so many expressions and gestures in one episode.  He is often seen as a very serious character (sajang-nim role) and exude stern look...hardly any smile. That's interesting....am looking forward to watch this drama in KBSW.

사진=스포츠조선DB

Source via Naver

Annyeong Chingu's. I will defenitely try this drama but where cano watch this with subs.??

​Hi @unnisarah, This drama is just starting we only had two episode as of today so we have another 2 or 3 weeks to go before the KBs world subs come out but the story is easy to follow..  

Welcome Aboard @felicia-soh,  How are you well looks like we will finally be watching this one together.. 

@lmhpsh,@joccu,@sang @feima,  Hello guy's and welcome only Raw is coming out now until later to watch raw http://www.dramastyle.com/ just click on Korean Drama

Well our OTP has had they second run in at the new hospital where he would work.. I don't get how JWJ Ex could think she could just pacify him with some kind words and all is forgiving after she get's engaged to another man and never said a word to her about it.. I don't think she was to serious about they relationship because she knew his sister who was the MC at her engagement dinner and never knew they was brother and sister.. What's up with that..

I'm trying to figure out the deal with LHS  Mi Na and all these kids Dong Beak calls Mi Na mom and the other kids call LHS noona..

Wow Seo Da Hay actress  Jung Da-Bin  This little girl have grown before my eyes how old is she now 14 or 15  and the first time I saw her in a drama I think she was about 5 or 6 or a little younger. 

Looks like HS gets fired behind WJ..

Well not really to much happen in today episode looks like between WJ and Dad may be out of Jobs unless WJ works at the small hospital with his friend..  I wonder why WJ brother and mom was at his Ex house if anyone has and idea please explain.. I might have to go back and re-watch the episode..  

Just finished the third episode, and this drama is off to a good start! :)

I'm glad to see Kang Byul again, I watched the beginning of Miss Mamma Mia for her but then I couldn't find raws past episode 4. :/ Thank god her character seems to be strong-willed, I can't stand doormats!

Looks like HS gets fired behind WJ..

Well not really to much happen in today episode looks like between WJ and Dad may be out of Jobs unless WJ works at the small hospital with his friend..  I wonder why WJ brother and mom was at his Ex house if anyone has and idea please explain.. I might have to go back and re-watch the episode..  

​Yes, it looks like she'll get fired. But I don't think she was going to keep that job through the whole drama anyway. She is a cook, and the Ex owns a restaurant; I don't think it's a coincidence. Somewhere down the line, she'll probably get a job at the Ex's restaurant.

The brother and the mom aren't at the Ex's house. They are in front of the brother's house. More accurately his mother-in-law's house, where he lives with her, his wife, his daughter and his brother-in-law.

The brother kept asking his mother-in-law to invest in some land, calling it a golden opportunity. And while they were looking at that land, the mother-in-law gets a call informing her that a landfill (I think) is about to be built next to that land. So the mother-in-law gets angry at him and even accuses him of being in on the fraud, and trying to scam her out of her money. That's why she doesn't let him come home. When WJ's mother arrives, she doesn't have a clue about what happened. She just sees her son kicked out by his mother-in-law and gets angry, without knowing her son screwed up big time. And judging by the conversations in episode 1 and 2, it is not the first time the brother gets scammed like this.

@mudaepo,  Hi,  This drama just started this past Monday so we only had 3 episodes but yes it's off to a good start and I also don't think the lead female HS wil be a doormat she can't go soft looks like she has to support all these people I can't wait to get the back story on all of them and how they all end up together..  I think the lil bad girl is her real sister in this drama but they all call her noona except the blond girl who calls her unnie and looks like she has a daughter..  

Thanks for heads up on this episode so the brother is a loser and I think the EX will employ her just to find out what's going on between HS and WJ and try to keep up turmoil in they relationship because she's not happy with the decision she made.. The Ex fiance looks like he's playboy but a woman handler she want get the nice treatment she got from WJ with him  

@valsava, as always, appreciate your sharing over here and at other threads that you are active.  I am fine, thank you chingu and hope the same goes to you.

Thanks @valsava and @mudaepo for all highlighting some of the scenes which I am not sure.  So far I am liking the drama and I still need to understand more of the individual/couple backgrounds.

I wonder whether it is permissible for a non-contractual doctor to "help out" on emergency cases when he (Woo-jin) was just a visiting doctor (whom I believe he was just paying a visit to his sunbae-nim on personal matters).  When he is on doctor-mode, he is so cool and serious.  Please enlighten me if I am wrong. 

I wonder what's the "motive/reason" of Ye-won (WJ's ex) when she begged WJ to stay by her side while she sort out her problems. She really has the nerve to ask him to understand and trust her when it was obvious that she's about to walk down the aisle with another man. I am glad WJ did not go weak on his knees and yelled at her ---- glad he is not a fool in love!  It may be some time before Woo-jin and Hae-soo's relationship develop into an amicable terms since both are now at loggerheads due to the wallet issue which I think she got fired as seen in the preview.

Btw, I see Ahn Jong-mi's character (Unkind Ladies) in Hae-soo -  they are so alike when they are being challenged or accused wrongly.  

@valsava, Jung Da-bin is growing up so fast, right before our eyes - she was only 5 years old when she played Eugene and Kim Jae-won's daughter in "Wonderful Days".  She was so cute and adorable with those big round eyes. I guess she grew up in the filming set.

Archived