Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook to be featured in Mnet Japan “The K2” promotions

In advance of the premiere broadcast of “The K2” on cable station Mnet Japan beginning 18 January 2017, Mnet has posted a few teaser photos on Instagram of their recent interview with Ji Chang Wook.

14701129_686884404820098_182305411065656

Mnet Japan’s 1-hour special interview with Ji Chang Wook and preview of “The K2” (in Korean with Japanese subtitles) is scheduled to air on Sunday, 1 January 2017 at 7:30pm.  “The K2” will be broadcast on Wednesdays at 8:00pm-9:15pm, with a re-broadcast on Thursday and Friday mornings at 8:00am and two episodes back-to-back on Sunday mornings at 9:15am.  (These broadcasts run longer because they include commercial breaks.)  We are unsure at present if Ji Chang Wook’s interview segment will be available on Mnet’s YouTube channel, but will update this post with any new information when received.

A giveaway for autographed Polaroids and other goodies is to be held in connection with the upcoming premiere of “The K2.”  We’re sure this is just the beginning of major Japanese promotions for the drama, so keep an eye on Mnet Japan’s “The K2” webpage and Instagram account for details!

Credit:  Mnet Japan Instagram; Mnet Japan “The K2” homepage

• Like 1

[Award] Ji Chang Wook wins Best Dresser award

2016121201001241400078331.jpg?w=600

In what is probably a first for him, Ji Chang Wook has won an award for his fashion sense at the 2016 Korea Best Dresser Swan Awards.

Now in its 31st year, the Korea Best Dresser Swan Award picks winners who show exemplary style, speech and heart from across various fields such as Economics, Politics, Culture, Sports, Singer, Actor and Model.  A total of 16 winners in various categories have been chosen this year, and Ji Chang Wook picks up the award in the Best Dressed Male Actor category.  Other celebrities among the list of winners are Girls Generation’s YoonA, and singing groups B1A4 and Sistar.

The award ceremony was held at the Seoul Grand Hyatt Hotel Ballroom today.  Enjoy the press pics from the event!

1l57vun294_1.jpg?w=700&h=&crop=1

https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/12/12/award-ji-chang-wook-wins-best-dresser-award/

• Like 2

[HanCinema Awards] Best Actor in a Drama - Cast Your Vote!

photo794574.jpg

This year has been a powerhouse year for good drama and for its leading men. Young actors shot to stardom. Some made comebacks after returning from the military. Others continue on a glorious climb upwards on the Hallyu walk of fame.

Best of all, you can vote for your favorite gent from December 11 to December 18. The winner will be announced the last week of 2016! Let's meet the nominees for Best Actor in a Drama:

(skipped unrelated.....)

photo794577.jpg

Ji Chang-wook from "The K2" who delivers and incredibly athletic performance of a mercenary with very little to live for.

LINK to Vote : http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-awards-best-actor-in-a-drama--cast-your-vote--101372.html

• Like 1

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 12 December 2016

Instagram:

여러분 오랜만입니다!! 저 잘있어요!! #오랜만 #생존신고 #살찜 #토실토실

Everyone long time no see!! I’m doing fine!! #long time no see #reporting my existence #gained weight #chubby chubby

Weibo:

hao jiu bu jian!! nimen hao ma?  wo pang le  wo xiang nimen

Long time no see!! How are you?  I grew fat  I miss you all

• Like 1

[Interview] 20161119 Top Star News – “The K2” Ji Chang Wook “If I had a bodyguard like Kim Jae Ha…”

1479531671-36-org

Q. How have you been since “The K2” ended?
I haven’t rested yet. I continued to have schedules after the drama ended so I haven’t rested much yet. I probably be able to rest a little after finishing the last interview today. I want to meet up with friends whom I didn’t get to see all this while, chat with them and have a drink. I’ve been collecting comic books recently, so I’ve been wanting to create a small room for books at home, and I’m steadily collecting comic books these days.

Q. Did you like the ending?
Personally, I prefer sad endings. I like sad endings because happy endings that end with “And they lived happily ever after” seem too obvious, but the final scene with the kiss scene shot in Spain turned out more prettily than I had expected, so it seemed alright.

Q. If it was given a sad ending, how would you like it to end?
I wondered what would happen to Jae Ha if Anna died, and I did think that Jae Ha would die as everything would be resolved if he died. Because there were so many evil people, I had many different kinds of thoughts about how all this should be resolved, but I couldn’t think of a perfect solution. So I think the current happy ending may also be a satisfying ending.

Q. Which aspect of the character Kim Jae Ha did you worry about the most when studying the character?
I think I worried the most about how I should portray his relationship between the various characteres in an interesting and concreate manner. I also thought a lot about aspects such as what should be done in order to make things more interesting for audiences on a more emotional level.

Q. There are comments about Kim Jae Ha’s character description being insufficient. Do you have any regrets about the scenario or setup? 
I heard such comments a lot more than expected, but an actor should show acting that is convincing to the viewers and also show more emotionally, and I found that a pity. If I were to do this again, I think I might be able to do a better job than what I did the first time.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/12/13/interview-20161119-top-star-news-the-k2-ji-chang-wook/

• Like 1

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Thinker's Pose

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

While many have altered and changed up the original version of the thinker’s pose, the basic idea remains a popular go-to pose. The hand meets the chin in what could only be described as a simple, yet thoughtful pose.

(skipped unrelated.....)

20161212_seoulbeats_jichangwook_jlook.png

source : seoulbeats

• Like 1

Cherkell thanks for posting that information on the release of the full Kissing You song. I was wondering when they would finally release it - it's so catchy! It's also nice that JCW is the only one of the boys (so far) to release a song for the web drama :) It's too bad we have to wait so long for it...

• Like 1

[Drama/CF] Ji Chang Wook stars in “Till the End of the World” for Lotte Duty Free

vlcsnap-2016-12-15-10h25m59s453.png?w=60

Lotte Duty Free’s “7 First Kisses” web drama series has been very well-received by the public, with over 30 million views of the first 3 episodes over a 12-day reporting period (ending 14 December 2016).  This apparently is the record for the shortest period of time of Korean web drama views recorded after the 7FK teaser video was released on 28 November.  But today (15 December) was finally Ji Chang Wook’s turn, as his episode entitled “Till the End of the World” aired today on Lotte Duty Free’s various media channels.

vlcsnap-2016-12-15-10h31m09s573.png?w=60

So in case you’ve been hiding from the world for the past few months, here’s the scoop:  Lotte Duty Free has marketed this long-form CF as a “blockbuster romance drama” that introduces seven glamorous Hallyu actors.  Choi Ji Woo is the shopaholic fairy who grants wishes for the heroine Min Soo Jin (played by rookie actress Lee Cho Hee), a 25-year-old single Lotte Duty Free shop employee.  Other Korean Wave stars such as Lee Min Ho, Lee Joon Gi, Park Ha Jin, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Jong Suk, 2PM’s Ok Taecyeon and EXO’s Kai are ‘starring’ in segments presenting various genres from melo to fantasy, thriller to action.  Each segment has been written as a tongue-in-cheek homage to each star’s prior acting works; hence, Ji Chang Wook’s episode is a blatant take-off on his most recent action dramas of “Healer” and “The K2.”

vlcsnap-2016-12-15-10h31m56s369.png?w=600&h=341

At least Wook was correct about “showing some skin” again…

Now that Ji Chang Wook’s segment has been released, the remaining 4 episodes featuring the remaining Korean Wave stars are all waiting for their broadcast.  And as we previously mentioned earlier this week, the full audio track and music video produced for the OST song entitled “Kissing You” sung by Ji Chang Wook will be released at the end of December 2016.

vlcsnap-2016-12-15-10h32m30s567.png?w=60

Forthcoming episodes of “7 First Kisses” will be streamed live through Lotte Duty Free’s Naver TVCast and YouTube channels every Monday and Thursday at 10:00am Korea time.  In case you missed the live broadcast, enjoy Ji Chang Wook’s segment entitled “Till the End of the World” right here!

Credit:  Lotte Duty Free

• Like 1

QUIZ: Which Male Actor Are You Bringing Home For The Holidays?

It’s that time of year where love is in the air as the holidays are approaching. ‘Tis the season to find that special someone to spend the holidays with, am I right (or not)? What if that special someone is a famous Korean actor? Curious to see which actor you’re taking home for the holidays? Take this quiz to find out!

LINK here : https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/14/quiz-male-actor-bringing-home-holidays/

• Like 2

[Magazine] Ji Chang Wook fronts the covers of U-Weekly and Hanryu Pia

uweekly576cover

It’s magazines galore! And all the more so because Ji Chang Wook will be the cover guy for not one, but two upcoming magazines!  First up, Ji Chang Wook will be featured in the latest issue of Singapore’s Chinese entertainment magazine “U-Weekly”.  This issue will be a double-cover issue (actor Lee Min Ho will be on the other cover), and will include an interview they had with Ji Chang Wook in Seoul. Issue 576 will be released on newsstands in Singapore on 16 December 2016.

hallyupiajan17cover

Wook will also be the cover guy for the January 2017 issue of Japanese Korean Wave magazine "Hanryu Pia."  In addition to the cover, this issue will include a featured interview where he talks about the rigorous training he undertook for "The K2" (which begins airing in Japan on 18 January 2017), 'running away' during the arduous days during filming, his various methods for relieving stress... and how the Hanryu Pia production members were able to coax 'manly tears' out of Wook during the photoshoot.  14 pages of photos (with his fringe up AND down!), postcards and a poster will be included as well.  The January 2017 issue of "Hanryu Pia" will go on sale through online sites such as Amazon Japan and YesAsia beginning 22 December 2016.

hallyupiajan17postcard

Postcard

hallyupiajan17poster

Poster

hallyupiajan17img1

Credit: U-Weekly Facebook; Hanryu Pia

• Like 2

[HanCinema Awards] Best Couple in a Drama - Cast Your Vote!

photo796212.jpg

A drama that can make its audience root for a couple, ship the couple, love the couple, cry with the couple, and laugh with the couple is a strong drama indeed. Romance is a huge driving factor in K-drama and it is only right to take a look at the best K-drama couples of 2016. From December 15 to December 22 vote for your favorite drama couple!

Let's meet the romantic pairs of nominees:

(skipped unrelated.....)

photo796226.png

"The K2" (Ji Chang-wook and Yoona) In a world where each of them was alone, Je-ha and An-na find each other. Together they fight the evils that hover closely around them, sticking together and defining what it truly means to be a team.

LINK here : http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-awards-best-couple-in-a-drama--cast-your-vote--101548.html

[Instagram Update] 18 December 2016

귀가 즐거워지는 시간  #투빅 #콘서트 #기대 #연말엔 #투빅과 #함께 #12월30일

Time for your ears to be happier #2BiC #concert #looking forward to #end of the year #with 2BiC #together #30 December

* The song being rehearsed by 2Bic is called “I Love You” (행복하기를)

• Like 1