Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

*** I adore JCW so much! He is totally adorable! He looks so flawless & perfect. :P

10 moments from 'The K2' that made you wish Ji Chang Wook was your man

ji-chang-wook

Whether you were a fan of 'The K2' or not, there is no denying that Ji Chang Wook is an absolute hottie than anyone would kill to have as their man!

SEE ALSO: Ji Chang Wook opens up about 'We Got Married', love, and dating

If you didn't see his recent drama you definitely missed out on some sexy, romantic and heartwarming scenes. But not to worry - I got you covered as we look back on 10 moments from 'The K2' when Ji Chang Wook had us all wishing he was our future hubby. 

Spoiler

The Umbrella Scene

That moment when Ji Chang Wook comes to Choi Yoo Jin's aid with umbrella in hand. Imagine his willingness to just soak in the rain just to keep you dry. *dies* 

The Car Crash 

Ji Chang Wook is a total hunk as he lifts Choi Yoo Jin from a flaming car. I'd fall in love if a guy just handed me a cookie, let alone saving my life. 

The Kiss of Life

Girls' Generation's YoonA (Anna) is one lucky girl. I mean, she wasn't even drowning and got a resuscitation kiss. Totes jelly. 

The Blanketed Kiss

Not gunna lie, that kiss would've escalated quickly if I was under any blanket kissing the hotness that is Ji Chang Wook. 

The more than intense shower scene

Korea did not shy away from showing us just how hot Ji Chang Wook's body is. Although every fangirl's ovaries exploding during that episode, we all know it was simply done for the fight scene... right? 

A Dream Date In The Park  

When Ji Chang Wook dreams of going on the sweet picnic and feeding Anna a sandwich. Who wouldn't want to be feed from this handsome creature? Just remove that gross 'Subway' sandwich and it is heaven!

The Walkie Talkie Lovers

Everyone who saw 'The K2' will tell you that the walkie talkie scene was the cutest moment that would have any grown man giggling like a schoolgirl instantly! Just like Anna, I would sleep all cuddled up next to the walkie talkie, too. It is worth watching the whole scene! 

The Ramen Scene

Everyone loves a man who can cook, but Ji Chang Wook will prepare you ramen instead. 'Nuff said. What more do you need? 

Sharing Ice Cream

If ramen isn't your thing, don't worry - Ji Chang Wook will come happily serving you some ice-cream. Just make sure he knows whether or not you're allergic to strawberries - unless, you're trying to make the resuscitation kiss a reality? Are you?! 

Cutely Whispering 'I Love You'

Throughout 'The K2' Ji Chang Wook had such a rough exterior but those few flashback moments with Raniya showed off his really sensitive and cute side. I would love to be working and see my hubby Ji Chang Wook stop by just to cutely wiggle and say he loves me!

source : allkpop

Spoiler

• Like 2

*** I couldn’t agree with him more – it would just be unfair to the girl for not giving her more time he deserves because you’re there inside the Camp. Having a girlfriend while in the military may need coping strategies to deal with the lack of communication that is often part of these long-distance relationships. This often-complicated relationship has no hope of success unless the love between the two of you is strong. There must be complete trust in each other and patience…a lot of patience – this is the key. :P

November 17, 2016

Ji Chang-wook wants a girlfriend

After his hit tvN drama “The K2” aired its finale, Ji Chang-wook sat down and spoke with local media at a cafe in Itaewon.

Ji revealed that he wanted a girlfriend, but due to his impending military service, it was highly unlikely that it would happen.

Ji said, “Whenever I get involved in a fling with somebody, it ends up disappearing. Dating is harder than it looks. That’s why I get excited when there’s a romantic relationship in my productions.”

Concerning his ideal type, Ji said, “Appearances are just temporary. I want somebody I can have deep conversations with. I think that kind of connection is very precious.”

“I really want to date but I have to fulfill my military obligation so dating probably won‘t be good for me and my partner,” said Ji.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook explains in detail how the kiss scene in ‘The K2’ happen

ji-chang-wook.jpg

During the recent interview, Ji Chang Wook also talked about his chemistry with his co-star Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, and said, “We talked a lot.

The kissing scene that was aired nearly in the end was actually shot first while we were overseas for shooting. We discovered that we’d be filming that scene upon our arrival at the Barcelona Airport.

They told us that we will be filming a kiss scene in just a few days after our arrival. The script was not yet completed that time. The screenwriter had just told us the situation. So I was startled and told her (YoonA) that we should be acquainted fast.

I was so pressured. We have to be close for the kiss scene. So we chat and open our conversation about the drama and also shared about each other. We shared our insights and how we lived our lives, hobbies, and even nonsensical life philosophies, and we became close that fast.”
Ji Chang Wook make a detailed explanation of their kiss scene and said, “I was so upset seeing script. It was a scene where we are covered by a blanket and I hold her like a bodyguard and then kiss. We discussed on how to make it fit into the situation in a funny way and a lot of it was done by ad libs. I knew that the scene will take about 3 minutes, and to be honest, lifting my arms up for 3 minutes made my arms hurt. It wasn’t easy.

source : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/11/16/ji-chang-wook-explains-in-detail-how-the-kiss-scene-in-the-k2-happen/

• Like 1

[Interview] “Peak Popularity” Actor Ji Chang Wook

r.580x0

Ji Chang Wook gave his impressions after the finish of “The K2.”  He talked about the disappointing parts, plus his chemistry with YoonA (of Girls’ Generation), and his compatibility with [actress] Song Yoon Ah.

On the morning of 14 November, an interview with Ji Chang Wook was held at a cafe in Yongsan-dong, Itaewon, Seoul.

On the final broadcast day [12 November], Ji Chang Wook discussed his impressions of the end of the broadcast, saying, “The last shooting ended around 4 o’clock in the morning.  I fell asleep, woke up, and started realizing ‘that was the end of the drama’.”

Continue reading -->https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/11/15/interview-peak-popularity-actor-ji-chang-wook/

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook Opens Up About Controversial Bathhouse Action Scene in “The K2”

Ji Chang Wook

The bathhouse action scene featured in tvN’s “The K2” was highly controversial, but Ji Chang Wook had his own concerns about the scene.

In an interview conducted on November 14, the actor revealed that this two-minute long scene was one of his most memorable action scenes. It featured Ji Chang Wook’s character, Kim Je Ha, brawling with numerous bodyguards at a public bathhouse, where all of them were naked with their pelvic areas blurred out.

ji chang wook

Ji Chang Wook explained that he was worried about it for many different reasons. “I told the director, ‘It’s considerably difficult to maintain my body.’ I had to exercise every day and control what I ate. As filming progressed, it became hard to do both.” the actor confessed.

He said that he personally asked that it be filmed early on because of these reasons, which is how it ended up being the very first scene he filmed in the whole drama.

Ji Chang Wook also stated that he felt nervous and strange about the idea of fighting with 10 or so other men in the nude, and was concerned whether it would be alright to include a scene that could cause aversion if not filmed carefully. Contrary to his worries, he concluded that in the end, he “was satisfied deep down because it thankfully came out as something unusual and unconventional.”

Meanwhile, the Korean Communications Standards Commission (KCSC) previously ruled that the controversial scene was excessive considering the drama’s time slot and sent a “recommendation” to not include such scenes.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

Ji Chang-wook says shooting action-packed “The K2” was not easy

650enter.jpg

"The K2," an action romance blockbuster on the local cable channel tvN, aired its final episode last week, garnering an impressive 5.5 percent viewership.  A viewers rating of 3 percent or above is considered a success on a cable network.

Through the 16-episode drama, actor Ji Chang-wook in the main title role of a former solider called "K2" has been the center of attention. Along with highly skilled and eye-pleasing action scenes, Ji brought viewers into the beautiful romance with his love interest An-na played by singer-actress Yoona of Girls' Generation. Playing Je-ja, a hired bodyguard for presidential candidate's wife Yoo-jin, Ji maintains tight psychological tension with the presidential candidate's wife played by Song Yoon-ah who develops a selfish and possessive affection for him.

"Physically, I'm comfortable now since I am done with the script. But some regrets linger. I think what it would be like if the K2 had been made into 20-episdes, instead of 16," said Ji during a recent interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in central Seoul, Tuesday. "In terms of the storyline, I wished there had been more scenes to make it more relevant and closely-binding. I thought that if things like, how Je-ha has developed his love for An-na, his relationship with Yoo-jin and his previous life, had been included, it would have been better."

Shooting an action-packed drama was a great challenge he said.

"Making a full action blockbuster in 16 episodes wasn't easy. I was pressed for time and had to cut out some of the repetitive action scenes of the original script that might have appeared to be boring," said the 29-year-old actor. "I tried to show various moves but it was hard to do in the limited time and place."

Continue reading:  http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/common/vpage-pt.asp?categorycode=201&newsidx=218528

• Like 1

Ji on action, romance and comedy

Because he is paid, he says, he doesn’t take a role if he isn’t confident

18193428.jpg

Actor Ji Chang-wook starred as the protagonist Jae-ha in tvN’s action drama series “The K2,” which aired its final episode earlier this month. [KWON HYUK-JAE]

In tvN’s action thriller “The K2,” which ended earlier this month, actor Ji Chang-wook won the hearts of many viewers. But after going through months of rigorous shooting, Ji now hopes to take a shot at other genres.

“Male actors generally imagine themselves starring in action scenes at least once in their lifetime,” says Ji during an interview with the JoongAng Ilbo, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily.

“When I was young, I enjoyed watching the film ‘Fist of Fury’ [a 1972 martial arts film starring Bruce Lee]. I’ve always liked engaging in manly activities, but if I do another action piece, I think both viewers and myself might grow tired of it.”

In the drama, Ji plays the role of Jae-ha, a bodyguard who protects two women, Anna and Yoo-jin, who are in a hostile relationship.

One of the main action scenes in the piece involves a fight between Jae-ha and numerous other men in the nude.

“The scene was taken on the first day of shooting,” says Ji. “I was worried that it would look a bit grotesque, but the scene turned out to be quite natural. The director had originally intended to make it a comical scene, but changed his mind on the spot and decided to make it look fancy.”

Other than thrillers, Ji mentioned that he would also like to take part in romantic comedy pieces.

“Many people asked me how I felt about appearing in romantic comedies,” says Ji. “It’s surely a new genre for me, so I think I’d feel a bit nervous. What worries me is the ‘comedy’ part. I reckon it wouldn’t be easy to make people laugh without using slapstick humor.”

The two female roles of Anna and Yu-jin were each taken by singer-actor Yoona from Girls’ Generation and actor Song Yun-ah.

“The relationship between the characters, especially Yoo-jin and Jae-ha, was quite interesting,” says Ji. “Yoo-jin wanted to conquer Jae-ha’s heart, but all he felt for her was pity and sympathy. For him, Yoo-jin was nothing more than a friend or a business partner.

I would also call it both love and hate because he wasn’t definite in showing his feelings. It was like a tug-of-war, skipping between the boundaries of two conflicting sentiments.”

Ji added that acting with the two actresses was quite different.

“Many scenes I took with Song had a tense atmosphere,” says Ji. “It almost felt like I was having this mental fight with her. I was so nervous that sometimes, when I tried to concentrate, I felt exhausted. But there were many more comfortable and sweet scenes with Yoona.”

Apart from his script and character, Ji puts a lot of emphasis on confidence when choosing whether to appear in a piece or not.

“No matter how captivating the story and character might be,” he says, “it worries me when I’m not sure if I could perform the role well, since I get paid for doing it.”

BY LEE HOO-NAM [shon.jihye@joongang.co.kr]

On 11/18/2016 at 2:07 PM, CatchMine_ID said:

Hello, I'm a newcomer for this thread :) much love for JCW, his acting is superb! I start to make some fanvids because of him. It describes how he mesmerized me. Waaaaaaah. Full of talent, keep humble JCW, fighting!!!!

Hi CatchMine, like you, he also mesmerized me. I’ve never gotten enough of him every time I watch him on-screen. My God, he’s handsome. He has both the manly sexy side and a boyish cuteness. It’s always great to see him on the screen. ….. I still haven’t seen him in film, but I’m optimistic that he’ll do one in the future. I’m always here to wait for his next projects however long they may take. I feel sad that he’s leaving for MS soon, though. Certainly, I will miss this guy but time flies. They all have to go but they usually come back looking better than ever physically and some of them just seem even more mature. Oh my....I would love to see him in rom-com! All the best Ji Chang Wook! I will pray to God for your safe return! :P

About his last drama, I hope you have watched it. Awww..........there were aspects of the ending that were both happy and sad, but, the final EP was portrayed beautifully. It felt to me like the ending of the drama set the stage for a prequel or is it just me? I love his action scenes in “The K2”. In fact, I was so impressed! The action scenes were really top notch. No one can deny the fact that Ji Chang Wook worked hard to do the action scenes. :P

• Like 2

[Event/CF] Ji Chang Wook attends “7 First Kisses” Press Conference

ffd1c127eea31e22180cd7d256fab34a.jpg?w=6

Yikes!  This news totally took us by surprise.  Firstly, Lotte Duty Free has revised its upcoming CF/web mini-drama featuring Ji Chang Wook to its new title of “7 First Kisses”… and then scheduled a press conference for 11:00am TODAY at the Lotte World Cinemas-Tower Point in Jamsil, Songpa-gu, Seoul.

cx1ooucuoaaq2kf.jpg?w=600

Lotte’s title of the mini-drama required this slight change, as Lee Min Ho was added to the Hottie Lineup at the last minute, thereby making the total count 7 actors (instead of the previously-promoted 6).  The emcee for the press conference was none other than Super Junior’s Leeteuk (Super Junior also being endorsers for Lotte Duty Free).  Unfortunately, Park Hae Jin, Lee Min Ho and Lee Jong Suk were not in attendance at this press conference due to their current drama filming conflicts.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/11/22/eventcf-ji-chang-wook-attends-7-first-kisses-press-conference/

Ji Chang Wook Talks Career Low And “Action Drama Expert” Status

It seems that Ji Chang Wook has enjoyed a steady rise to fame, starting from his debut in “Smile Donghae” six years ago. The actor has since took up roles in a variety of productions, ranging from period dramas to miniseries to musicals, each of which was a firm step towards his current Hallyu star status.

Yet, in a recent interview, Ji Chang Wook revealed that the road to glory did not run smooth. He said that his lack of talent during his “Smile Donghae” days had made him doubt if he could continue acting, but thanks to support from the people around him, he managed to pull through. The second low was in 2012, where he received no casting calls for a period time after his weekend drama “Five Fingers” ended.

The actor said that it wasn’t until “Empress Ki” and “Healer” that his popularity finally took off. He explained that he had simply decided to enjoy the production process, rather than dwelling on his skills. “Empress Ki” and “Healer” were so well-received in China that he was ranked first place in a survey on the most popular Hallyu stars in the country.

ji chang wook k2 action scene

Starting from “Warrior Baek Dong Soo” to the recent “The K2,” Ji Chang Wook has appeared in action dramas more often than any of his peers, earning him the nickname “Action Drama Expert.” The actor replied that he really doesn’t have any action know-how, he just rehearses a lot and makes sure to focus during action scenes, especially because the possibility of getting hurt is high. He also revealed that while he has always been sporty, he has been working out regularly ever since he hit his late twenties, so as to avoid getting hurt while filming.

The 29-year-old also talked about his impending military enlistment next year. He sees it as a different kind of challenge, and hopes that after he is older, he can become a respected senior to his juniors.

He said, “If I continue to enjoy acting as I do now, tirelessly and happily, won’t that bring me slightly closer to that goal?”

Source (1) / soompi news

Lotte Duty Free signs memorandum with major entertainment agencies

A promotional poster for Lotte Duty Free’s new web drama “Seven First Kisses” (Lotte Duty Free)

Lotte Duty Free has teamed up with 11 major entertainment companies in Korea to work on connecting Hallyu content and tourism, the company said Tuesday.

The companies include Hallyu heavyweights such as S.M. Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, and YG Entertainment. Under the agreement, Lotte Duty Free will incorporate Hallyu into its marketing by signing Korean stars as its spokesmodels, while the entertainment agencies will give support by providing models and content to the company.

The beginning of this partnership will be marked by the launch of a web drama created by Lotte Duty Free. Called “Seven First Kisses,” it features a duty-free store employee as its heroine. The drama stars Lotte Duty Free’s spokesmodel Choi Ji-woo, as well as actors Lee Min-ho, Lee Joon-gi, Park Hae-jin, Ji Chang-wook, Lee Jong-suk, 2PM’s Taecyeon and EXO’s Kai.

Lotte Duty Free holds an annual K-pop concert called “Family Festival” with an A-list lineup that has attracted over 130,000 tourists so far. The company also operates the Hallyu experience centers called “Star Avenue” at seven of its branches including its Sogong and Coex branches in Seoul, its Busan branch, and its Jakarta and Guam branches.

By Won Ho-jung (hjwon@heraldcorp.com)

*** I anticipate this web drama of JCW & other big cast. I love the plot - It’s about romantic travails of a young woman working at a duty-free shop. Min Soo Jin or actress Lee Choi Hee, who has never had a boyfriend in her life, meets a goddess played by actress Choi Ji Woo who grants her the opportunity to meet 7 very handsome guys; Lee Jun KiPark Hae Jin,Ji Chang Wook, KaiTaecyeonLee Jong Suk, and Lee Min Ho.  This will be released online in mid-December! The specific date of release and where the web series will be uploaded has still yet to be decided. LDF unveiled the production’s trailer at a presscon yesterday, November 22. But, out of the 7 actors, only Lee Jun Ki, Ji Chang Wook, Kai, and Taecyeon attended the presscon. :P

*** I can’t believe these two are gonna act together. Watching this, wow - their visual isn't a joke. Thumbs up! :P

Ji Chang Wook says he really wanted Lee Jun Ki's character in 'First Kiss for the Seventh Time'

lee-jun-ki,ji-chang-wook

During the press conference for web drama 'First Kiss for the Seventh Time' on November 22, actor Ji Chang Wook relayed some disappointments about the role he got.

He said, "Honestly, I feel a lot of regret. The role that I most wanted was the character of the church oppa played by Lee Jun Ki. There's something cool about him; he drives around a red sports car and looks cool."

Well, you looked plenty cool in 'The K2'! And you probably still will look really cool in the drama.

• Like 1

***Sigh....I heard that many K-cultural imports have been disapproved by the Chinese government & one of them is JCW’s drama, "The K2" due to Korea – China diplomatic row. But, this drama is still undergoing review with the Chinese government. I hope his Chinese fans could get to see his drama soon. :phew:

[Event/CF] “7 First Kisses” to begin airing 5 December 2016

20161122010021644001474111.jpg

"7 First Kisses" will begin broadcasting its first episode on 5 December 2016 at 10:00am Korea time, and continue thereafter Mondays through Thursdays for two weeks.  NaverCast will carry the episodes here:  http://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/4759338/news (channel not live yet; this is just their placeholder).  8 episodes consisting of 10 minutes each are on the schedule.

Unfortunately, NaverCast is geo-restricted so it may not be available in certain parts of the world.  If we learn of another more general broadcast portal, we'll post it here!

Source:  Lotte Duty Free NaverCast

EDIT:  @daegorr (you know her better as my co-partner-in-crime Gabby) was so awesome and English subbed the entire press conference!  Everyone give her a round of hearty applause!!!

• Like 5

*** Wahhh.......she’s so lucky. They really look very good in the drama. :P

YoonA says that kissing Ji Chang Wook brought them closer together

YoonA revealed the behind-the-scenes story of her kiss scene with Ji Chang Wook in 'The K2.'  

She said, "Ji Chang Wook is someone who is good at leading others...When we first met in Spain, we struggled in getting to know each other." 

YoonA explained, "Our director said, 'Hurry and become friends since you guys have to shoot a kiss scene soon.' So we talked and got to know each other. Because we had the same goal in mind, after the scene, we became much closer." 

She complimented Ji Chang Wook, saying, "He helped me a lot to create 'Anna' (YoonA's character in drama). Whatever acting I did, he would say, 'Do as you like.' He helped with the detailed acting."