Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook finishes filming for “Whirlwind Girl 2”

005Ri5EFgw1f5l4pf6fbaj32du1jk7wh

And that’s a wrap!  Ji Chang Wook finished filming for “Whirlwind Girl 2” the afternoon of 30 June, and more promotional shots were released by the production staff and cast members over this past week.  IMPORTANT NOTE:  The “Whirlwind Girl 2” Weibo page states that the premiere date has been moved up a week to 20 July, so plan accordingly.  More goodies after the cut!

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/07/drama-ji-chang-wook-finishes-filming-for-whirlwind-girl-2/

• Like 2

[Breaking] Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah reported to have confirmed roles in new tvN drama “K2”; Glorious Entertainment states casting is not official yet

20160710094130_2.jpg

10 July Update:  According to several news reports today, it has been reported that both Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah have met with the production company in charge of “K2” (working title), and that their roles have been "confirmed."  (Song Yoon Ah will be portraying the role of a wife and eldest daughter of a Presidential front-runner candidate; she will not be cast in the “hidden daughter” role that still has yet to be cast.)   Again, there is still no official press release from Glorious Entertainment other than their statement "It's true that this is a project that he's considering, but his appearance is not confirmed yet," so as always, take this with a grain of salt.  But if all the major news portals are reporting the same thing, then it looks like the tvN project is going ahead... with or without Ji Chang Wook.   We will update as more information is known.
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, mellinadear said:

Wookie just confirm already. Stop tryna pull our legs    lol.

Hi mellinadear, ye, I'm glad that he's taking this. Finally.....JCW will show his face on K-screen again. I'm curious who will the other female lead who's most likely as his love interest here.  His character seems like a custom-made for him. I guess there will be some action-scenes here. I love all his action scenes and parkour on rooftops in "Healer". Hahaha - sorry, I’m shallow. Good luck to Ji Chang-wook!  :P

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aqua_JCW said:

Ok ppl, since the date is now set.... lets flood the drama streaming sites with requests for whirlwind girl2. Request whirlwindgirl 2 in [removed illegal streaming site link] and https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

A reminder, folks... per the Soompi Rules, the only streaming site links that are allowed to be posted in the forums are for licensed drama sites Viki, DramaFever and Crunchyroll.  That other site posted is an illegal streaming site that steals content from licensed drama video providers and private subbing groups, and illegally posts the videos as their own creations.  Please try to not post links to any other video sites than the three I've mentioned above.  Thanks!

Our best case scenario would be to hammer on Viki, since they carried the first Whirlwind Girl / Tornado Girl when it aired in 2015: https://www.viki.com/tv/29384c-tornado-girl?locale=en.  If Viki does end up with the license, it may be awhile before content is available if it will be subbed on one of their Fan Channels.  But let's hope for the best!  AJA AJA AJA!!! :P

• Like 2

[CF] Ji Chang Wook returns for Lonsdale’s Fall/Winter Lookbook

cmmblanumaanupq.jpg?w=900&h=977

Even though it’s still summertime in my half of the Equator, the Fashion World plays by its own set of rules.  To that end, Lonsdale recently released its Fall/Winter 2016 Lookbook featuring its endorser Ji Chang Wook.  Does looking at these photos make you want to hit the slopes right now?  No?  There’s more after the cut that may possibly change your mind.  Enjoy!

Continue reading -- http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/07/cf-ji-chang-wook-returns-for-lonsdales-fallwinter-lookbook/

• Like 3

[Drama/Video] More Ji Chang Wook teasers for “Whirlwind Girl 2”

wg2preview4.jpg?w=600&h=362

As you may expect, there is going to be a humongous promotional push leading up to the 20 July premiere of “Whirlwind Girl 2,” as evidenced by two more teaser videos posted by Mango TV today.  The jury’s still out on their choice of dubbing voice for Ji Chang Wook’s dialogue, although it looks like we may be able to hear him actually speak a few words in Chinese in some of these episodes.  I guess we’ll find out more soon!

The official Press Conference for “Whirlwind Girl 2” will be streamed live via the iFensi mobile application on 14 July at 1:00pm CST.  (The app for both iOS and Android platforms can be downloaded through iFensi.com; use the QR Code Reader on the right-hand side of the site to assist with your download.)

You can find the :30 trailer here, and the 1:00 trailer here.

wg2preview9.jpg?w=600&h=334

Only 8 more days to go!  *squeeeeee*

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/12/drama-more-ji-chang-wook-teasers-for-whirlwind-girl-2/

• Like 1

[Instagram/Weibo] 13 July 2016

Instagram:

다녀올게요!!!

I’ll go and come back!!!

Weibo:

005rlxsogw1f5sf8nug6jj30qo0zkwkv.jpg?w=6

wo xianzai qu beijing!! travel_org.giflovea_org.giflovea_org.gif

I’m now going to Beijing!! travel_org.giflovea_org.giflovea_org.gif

*He is heading to Beijing for a “Whirlwind Girl 2” press conference that will be held tomorrow.

• Like 2

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook heads to China for “Whirlwind Girl 2”

1468399774_1136170

And he’s off again!  As evidenced by his social media posts earlier this afternoon, Ji Chang Wook is on his way to Beijing to attend the official press conference for “Whirlwind Girl 2.”  The press conference will be held tomorrow (14 July) at 1:00pm CST.  And it would not be a proper trip for him without the obligatory airport departure photos, so we have them below!

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/13/drama-ji-chang-wook-heads-to-china-for-whirlwind-girl-2/

• Like 3

005Ri5EFgw1f5rf20cg05j31120rs7wh.jpg

Good news everyone!  Viki has obtained the license for "Whirlwind Girl 2"!!!  Their fan page can be found here:  http://www.viki.com/tv/30397c-tornado-girl-2?cb=260377bc98d24a23ba1aed9ee6549141&content_lang=en&fresh_login=login&q=tornado&site_lang=en#episodeList

Now you may or may not be able to watch Viki shows depending on your geographical location.  But this is a big step, and applause to the Viki Licensing Team for their hard work!

• Like 2

[Drama/Event/Video] Ji Chang Wook attends “Whirlwind Girl 2” press conference (image heavy)

cnnuc8suaaabguq.jpg?w=900&h=1349

The press conference for “Whirlwind Girl 2” was held this afternoon at the Beijing Wanda Sofitel Hotel.  The main and secondary cast members were all in attendance, along with director Cheng Zhi Chao (成志超), producers Zhang Yong (张勇) and Zhou Wen Jie (周文洁), and screenwriters Ming Xiao Xi (明晓溪) and Li Lei ( 李雷).  Streamed live via several Chinese online platforms, the press conference itself did not actually begin until 3:30pm… and not without its usual share of technical glitches so common with live events.  Here are some highlights gleaned during the live feed watch!

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/15/dramaevent-ji-chang-wook-attends-whirlwind-girl-2-press-conference-image-heavy/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, savingemily said:

Hi, I'm new to this thread! I'm so looking forward to see Wookie in a drama again. Hopefully Viki will get the Whirlwind Girl 2 available in my country (because most dramas aren't and it's too painful)

Viki has licenced whirlwind girl 2 for worldwide except china... :) so no worries...lets enjoy the wookie time to max ❤

• Like 3