Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Found this vid...I don't know what he said, but I guess he's promoting or talking about his concert in China? Love his voice and his "signature" laugh:D...appreciate it much if someone's kind enough to translate what he said^_^. Please click the link below to view the video in another window.

Link: http://iconosquare.com/p/1111209540675901327_1701210196#sthash.yFTlm8nF.dpuf

Edited by pagesleigh
  • Like 2

When the chinese drama is out, it will be the first time i dont need subs to watch. Lol. But provided the chinese internet opens up for foreign access.

I think the female lead is decent.

Glad that he can do music n another drama before he enlist next year. He can do so much more in korea but i guess those can wait after he gets out of army.

Edited by qwenli
  • Like 4

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook to star in China-Korea co-production “My Male God”

wdns33

Ji Chang Wook will be starring with Chinese actress Wang Xiao Chen in a Chinese drama titled “My Male God (我的男神)”, which will be co-produced by China and South Korea.  Jointly produced by China’s Longmeng Entertainment and Korea’s Lee Kim Productions, “My Male God” is a romantic comedy that will feature idols and a love story to appeal to young audiences (Note: Lee Kim Productions, which goes by the official English name of “Victory Production and Company” is the company that produced “Empress Ki”). The drama tells the story of a working youth Wang Wei An (王伟岸) who becomes a second generation chaebol overnight, and Yang Hai Yi (杨海衣), the daughter of a rich family that went bankrupt and she becomes an ordinary girl. Both of them bicker a lot but end up falling in love. In the midst of crisis, they overcome problems and find their true selves, love, family and friendship in the process.

wdns22

“My Male God” is written by scriptwriter Xi Lin (席琳), who is supposedly skilled in writing modern romantic comedies according to the producer Guo Xiao. But based on our own brief research, it seems like the scriptwriter has a very short resume, with only two works listed under her name — an unidentified movie called “Ni Ai” (unidentified because there are many movies with the exact same title), and the 2013 movie “Kidnapping of a Big Star (綁架大明星)”.

The drama will be directed by Hong Kong director Gao Xian Ming (高先明) who previously worked at Hong Kong television broadcaster TVB. Those of you familiar with Asian entertainment will know that TVB is a major station that has produced many acclaimed Cantonese dramas. Many Hong Kong actors and directors have been moving over to the China market in recent years, but Director Gao is one of the first TVB directors to do so. He began working on Chinese dramas in 1995. He has worked on both modern and period dramas, and some of his past works include “The Proud Twins (小鱼儿与花无缺)” which starred Hong Kong actor Nicholas Tse and Chinese actress Fan Bing Bing, “The Magic Blade (天涯明月刀)”, and “Love In Spring (爱在春天)”.  According to the producer, Director Gao was chosen because of his ability to analyse issues from both a creative and business perspective, and also because his recent shows have done well and have received good viewership ratings and reviews.

*Note: “My Male God” is the literal translation of the Chinese title. The drama does not have an official English title yet.

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/11/06/drama-ji-chang-wook-to-star-in-china-korea-co-production-my-male-god/

• Like 8

Found this vid...I don't know what he said, but I guess he's promoting or talking about his concert in China? Love his voice and his "signature" laugh:D...appreciate it much if someone's kind enough to translate what he said^_^. Please click the link below to view the video in another window.

@pagesleigh He sang a bit of his chinese song and afterwards said that it's his song then laughed. Then he said he's listening to this song alot and has to practice it...

• Like 3

It seems like the drama is a prominent project. I'm kinda surprised to know that Lee Kim production (Empress Ki's producer) is a co-producer of this drama. The script sounds interesting. I'm excited to see JCW in 2 different images, a poor guy and a chaebol. LOL B):rolleyes: I think the actress looks quite cute. When is it going to be aired on Chinese broadcasting station? 

• Like 8

@nploan 

so far, no broadcast date have been announced. But if they filmed till Feb and then give them another 1 month or two for editing and post production, I think the earliest is april. I think the story sounds like one that is great for summer viewing.

Edited by qwenli
  • Like 6

*sigh* I'll join you. Crap crap crap. Darn it.

I wish he'd stick to a Korean production. I'm devastated. I don't watch Chinese productions and he's probably going to be dubbed. :'(

Hi, I completely agree with you - I don't dig Chinese production, too. But, I guess this is also an advantage on his part because aside from the pay is higher in China than it is in Korea we know that the Chinese Market will soon lead to the international market. (They get paid about twice as much) - Chinese market is big. That means China has a lot of market to cover. Through Chinese movies/dramas, not only can Korean stars become bigger in China, but internationally, into Hollywood. :P

• Like 7

Guest minksquared

A couple of pictures to share - presumably taken during a discussion session for My Male God.

6223c70agw1exq94128lyj20nr0i6tby.jpg 

6223c70agw1exq94njaskj20zk0qo43u.jpg

6223c70agw1exq94f5ly2j20zk0qo7ai.jpg

Credit: Jason Wonderer

Very excited and proud of him for opening up his ventures outside of Korea!! But here's to hoping fans outside China will be able to view it. Though I am not looking forward to having his voice dubbed!!! :tears: 

A couple of pictures to share - presumably taken during a discussion session for My Male God.

Actually taken during the interviews he sat for the Chinese press right after the Bravo Music contract signing ceremony, where the PD-nim decided to drop in.  Weird timing there, dude...

More from KONUS Asia!

• Like 8