• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Park Bo Young to Become the Highest Paid Actress on a tvN Drama

park-bo-young1.jpg

Actress Park Bo Young will become the highest paid actress for a tvN drama.

One industry insider told media outlet Daily Sports, “Park Bo Young will be in a drama for the first time in seven years. She’s scored a huge contract for tvN’s ‘Oh My Ghost.’ She will become the highest paid actress out of all actresses who starred in a tvN drama.”

According to this insider, according to the initial contract, she will be paid just a little short of 30 million won (approximately $27K USD). Her last drama was “Strongest Chil Woo” in 2007. Since then, she’s proven her star power through movies like “Speedy Scandal” and “A Werewolf Boy.”

In the upcoming drama, Park Bo Young will play Na Bong Sun, a kitchen assistant who is haunted by a virgin ghost. She will be starring alongside Jo Jung Suk.

Source: (1)
soompi.com/2015/06/21/park-bo-young-to-become-the-highest-paid-actress-on-a-tvn-drama

Park Bo-yeong returns to tvN

photo605080.jpg

Actress Park Bo-yeong has been confirmed to star in the tvN drama, "Oh My Ghost", for which she will be given the highest appearance fee among the actresses to have starred in the broadcaster's TV series, according to a source affiliated with the channel.

"This is the first time that the 25-year-old will take part in a drama series since "Celebrity"s Sweetheart' in 2008", the source said Saturday. "Park's acting abilities have been affirmed in her other projects, like 'Speedy Scandal' (2008) and 'A Werewolf Boy' (2012), all of which were considered when determining her pay".

The person added that the actress is "receiving so much because she is making her comeback in the drama series after a long hiatus, and also because tvN is not a ground-wave service channel [with limited coverage]".

According to some reports, Park will be paid nearly 30 million won ($27,000) for the upcoming drama.

Many other renowned actresses have appeared in popular dramas on the network. Kang So-ra and Go Ara appeared in tvN's popular dramas, "Misaeng" (2014) and "Reply 1994" (2013), respectively, though neither earned as much as Park.

Audiences can currently see the 25-year-old in the mystery-thriller "The Silenced", which was released Thursday. She is also scheduled to appear in the films, "The Cry of Passion" and "The Mutant". BY JIN MIN-JI

Source: koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3005691
hancinema.net/park-bo-yeong-returns-to-tvn-83501.html

Is there a long preview released for this drama?

I read somewhere that there will be a 3 minute trailer for <OH MY GHOST> but I'm not sure if it's true or when they will release it. But if it's true, I'm guessing that it will be released during the press conference (I don't know when).. :lol:

Boy-crazy ghostess runs amok in tvN’s Oh My Ghostess

by girlfriday | June 22, 2015 | 27 Comments

Ghostess11.jpgGhostess22.jpg

Muahaha, Kim Seul-gi’s ghostess character definitely comes out the winner in this deal: She gets to possess Park Bo-young’s body, run around town living out every single one of her wildest boy-crazy wishes, and doesn’t have to deal with any of the consequences afterward. There’s gotta be a catch, right? Oh right, I guess the catch is that she’s dead.

The latest teasers for tvN’s new supernatural rom-com Oh My Ghostess are as fun and zippy as I’d hoped the show would be. I love how much fun Kim Seul-gi is having as the libido-driven virgin ghost, and how Jo Jung-seok has to spend one of the teasers acting as if nothing is happening while she hangs off of him, grabs his richard simmons, and sneaks a kiss. It’s too cute.

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/06/boy-crazy-ghostess-runs-amok-in-tvns-oh-my-ghostess/

Annyeong Chingu!! So happy to see a lot of you from the other Soompi threads. I am SO EXCITED for this drama...so much that it's so hard to contain my enthusiasm. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO START!!  Am a HUGE fan of both Jo Jung Suk and Kim Seul Gi, and I'm really looking forward to watching Park Bo Young as I have really admired her portrayal in the few feature films I've been able to watch thus far.  Am looking forward to seeing more of her in this drama!!!   :):D:lol::w00t:

regarding the comment on JJS, I don't see why anyone would think that he is not a rising star. Since his TV debut, he has only received project after project--sometimes even more than I think he could handle. For example, he has 2 movies slated to be released this year on top of this drama. If that doesn't define success, I don't know what does.

Plus, PBY is also part of this project--and everyone knows how big PBY is in SK! So the fact that it's a cable drama doesn't really measure one's worth in SK entertainment industry. PSH's done a cable drama before too, and despite not being a big fan, I acknowledge that she is a big star in SK.

You have to understand that JJS is not the type to look at a project based on it's marketability, or it's financial return. From what I noticed about his choices, he tends to deviate towards interesting characters, and that's why we've witnessed a variety of roles from him in just the few years since he started appearing on mainstream media.  That's because he wants to be considered as a serious actor, and doesn't want to rely on overnight fame or success to keep his career going. So he keeps on building up his resume with interesting character portrayals--not minding whether those characters are from big budget projects or not.

Now, the good thing about a cable drama is that there are far less restrictions compared to the big 3 networks. That's why they are able to generate and explore a more varied range of plots. The same goes for the actors, as even they have restrictions when acting in a drama from the big three (for example, kissing scenes are kept at a minimum in some dramas, especially family dramas). Plots in cable dramas are also more experimental, rather than commercial, and this attracts a lot of actors because they are able to, once again, explore their craft to the fullest.

anyway, does anybody else feel like the cast is a sort of reunion between the actors? lol

I'm not sure about PBY's side as I have not been following her career, but for JJS, he's worked with LJH in What's Up! and we know that JJS and KSG are close friends from his theatre days (though I don't think they've actually been on a project together)!kkk

anyway, does anybody else feel like the cast is a sort of reunion between the actors? lol

I'm not sure about PBY's side as I have not been following her career, but for JJS, he's worked with LJH in What's Up! and we know that JJS and KSG are close friends from his theatre days (though I don't think they've actually been on a project together)!kkk

hahaha JJS is KSG ideal man. she talk about him a lot. lol

Tbh the premise of this drama isn't to my taste. But I'm interested in the guys getting interested in PBY character ever since the virgin ghost got into her and because of the ghost's antics. But if that's how the romance works and if the guys like the PBY with virgin ghost better, doesn't it it make them like the virgin ghost instead of the real PBY character? Then what will happen when the ghost is gone forever? I wonder how they will make it work. But the fact that PBY is acting in this drama made my expectation a bit higher because girl has been gone so long from dramas and this is the drama she chose since forever. Moreover she has the highest paid for doing this drama. If that's so, this drama better be at least decent.

Tbh the premise of this drama isn't to my taste. But I'm interested in the guys getting interested in PBY character ever since the virgin ghost got into her and because of the ghost's antics. But if that's how the romance works and if the guys like the PBY with virgin ghost better, doesn't it it make them like the virgin ghost instead of the real PBY character? Then what will happen when the ghost is gone forever? I wonder how they will make it work. But the fact that PBY is acting in this drama made my expectation a bit higher because girl has been gone so long from dramas and this is the drama she chose since forever. Moreover she has the highest paid for doing this drama. If that's so, this drama better be at least decent.

I'm sure that would be one of the issues that will be dealt with in the drama, and we don't really know for now what hand the ghost will be playing in their loveline, so I think it would be best to reserve all judgement for now and just wait to see how the writers plan to execute the premise of their story. One thing is for sure though, having a perverted ghost by your side will make for some awkward and hilarious situation!lol

Archived