• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Park Bo-yeong and Jo Jeong-seok to star in "Oh My Ghost"

Park Bo-yeong and Jo Jeong-seok are starring in the new tvN drama "Oh My Ghost".

"Oh My Ghost" is a romantic comedy between Na Bong-seon, and introvert who is possessed by a perverted ghost and star chef Kang Seon-woo who doesn't believe in ghosts. This is Park Bo-yeong's first drama in 7 years. She plays a lonely character who doesn't have friends because of her introvert character.

She has been seeing ghosts since she was young thanks to her shaman granny but one day a perverted ghost possess her and she becomes an appealing character.

Jo Jeong-seok is her crush, Kang Seon-woo. Not only does he cook well but he's good looking and has pride in his cooking. He has many women around him but his heart belongs to someone else until he meets Na Bong-seon.

Park Bo-yeong said, "I am very nervous about this drama. I worried a lot, but I decided to do it after seeing the scenario and talking to the director about it".

Jo Jeong-seok said, "It's exciting to come back with a drama and I'm happy. I am going to cooperate with the directors and all other members of staff to make this work".

"Oh My Ghost" is to be broadcasted in July.

Source
HanCinema

And here's our ghost... Another great actress!!~ :wub:

Kim Seul-gi joins Oh My Ghostess as lusty virgin ghost

What a perfect fit. If I had to cast a lustful virgin ghost to go around possessing unsuspecting drama heroines and turning them boy-crazy, I’d definitely put Kim Seul-giat the top of that list. Okay, so she might be the only name on that list. The SNL Koreafunny girl is the latest cast member to join the new supernatural comedy Oh My Ghostess, headed to tvN this summer.

Kim Seul-gi has been steadily making a name for herself in dramaland playing quirky supporting characters (Surplus Princess, Discovery of Romance, Flower Boy Next Door) and she always manages to make each one memorable and endearing. I can’t wait to see what she does with this one.

Oh My Ghostess is the new drama from the team behind the hilarious High School King of Savvy, and it stars Park Bo-young (Hot-Blooded Youth) as a shy young woman who gets possessed by a virgin ghost. She’s so timid that she has no friends and spends her days constantly getting yelled at by Jo Jung-seok (You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin), the haughty star chef at the restaurant where she works as his assistant chef.

Read more here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/kim-seul-gi-joins-oh-my-ghostess-as-lusty-virgin-ghost/

Guest MaknaeC

And here's our ghost... Another great actress!!~ :wub:

​Woah daebak!!! I'm so happy and already laugh with this casting news. Park Bo Young and Kim Seul Gi. I can imagine too much craziness on this drama xD

Oh ny goodness... thr casting for this drama keeps giving me all positive vibes.

i've been wishing for park boyoung's drama comeback. And i kept wishing for her or yoon eunhye in scholar who walks at night opposite lee joonki. But now, i  still a little hesitant about the casting about the lead on that drama but am super glad for her in this one. Super glad. It really is about time she came back to drama land. So i am Happy. Real real happy. 

anyway basibg from casting, this drama is gonna go all out romcom. i love JJS first in kings 2 heart, him playing earnest loyal bodyguard was so awesome it defies any description. the main leada were some of my fave k-drama actor/actress but JJS was my fave character in that drama. He played his character so awesome that it tugs my heart and made me laugh more times that i can remember.

Kim seulgi, only one thing can describe her, perfect comedic delivery. and her character descriptions. Hahahaha so awesome and so funny right at thw get go...

Drama i have high expectation for you. Really high expectation...

Kim Seul Gi to join Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Suk in 'Oh My Ghost' as the seductress ghost

There's one more reason to watch upcoming tvN drama 'Oh My Ghost'! Actress Kim Seul Gi will be joining the drama as a key character!

On May 8, a representative told TV Report, "Kim Seul Gi will play the lustful virgin ghost Shin Soon Ae."

Her character is the ghost that takes over the body of Park Bo Young's character Na Bong Sun, and overnight, the shy sous chef becomes a promiscuous woman! Jo Jung Suk also stars as the head chef, Kang Sun Woo.

Kim Seul Gi had previously had supporting but memorable roles in 'Kill Me, Heal Me' and 'Discovery of Love'.

allkpop.com/article/2015/05/kim-seul-gi-to-join-park-bo-young-and-jo-jung-suk-in-oh-my-ghost-as-the-seductress-ghost

Guest MaknaeC

tvN annoucement?

credit Twitter feed

​Title : Oh My Ghost

Broadcast : First broadcast July 2015 (16 episodes)

Organize (Air time) : Every Friday & Saturday 8.30 PM

Channel : tvN

Genre : Horror, Fantasy, Meokbang, Romance, Comedy

Directed by : Yoo Je Won (tvN High School King, MBN Tears of Heaven)

Scriptwriter : Yang Hee Seung (tvN High School King, MBC More Charming By The Day, SBS Honest Living

Guest ororomunroe

[Drama Castings] Oh My Ghostess

Xports News- Naver: Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Seok confirmed for 'Oh My Ghostess', 'Ghostess+Chef'

1. [+40, -3] Finally, Park Bo Young in a drama!! Jo Jung Seok is the male lead so this is worth-watching^^

2. [+17, -1] Park Bo Young fits her role as a lascivious ghost!! I'm so curious how this is gonna turn out. But she's a good actress so she'll do great

3. [+11, -2] So excited!!!!!

4. [+7, -1] Park Bo Young, long time no seeㅋㅋㅋ I can't wait

5. [+6, -11] This casting is exactly cable drama-levelㅋㅋ  Who would watch this? tsk tsk

Cr: kkuljaem

• Guest unlocked this topic

Kwak Si Yang Cast as Flowerboy Chef in New tvN Drama

Kwang Si Yang has been cast in the new tvN drama, Oh My Ghost (translated). 

On May 13, Kwak Si Yang′s agency, Starhaus Entertainment, stated, "Kwak Si Yang has been cast as the character Seo Jun in tvN′s upcoming Friday and Saturday drama, Oh My Ghost."

92504002.jpg

To be broadcasted after Ex-Girlfriend Club in July, Oh My Ghost is a romantic comedy about Na Bong Sun (Park Bo Young), a chef′s assistant who gets possessed by a ghost, and Kang Seon Woo (Jo Jeong Seok), a snobby star chef. 

Kwak Si Yang will act as a flowerboy chef, who works at the restaurant that Seon Woo runs. Seo Jun studied at the famous Le Cordon Bleu, a world-renowned educational institution of culinary and hospitality instruction, and is a man of strong opinions. 

"I′m honored to be part of a great project," said Kwak Si Yang. "I will learn a lot through the project and work on becoming a more matured actor." 

Kwak Si Yang previously appeared on Mnet′s Sing Again, Hra Gu, taking a lead role with a competition rate of 10,000:1. 

Oh My Ghost will begin in July. 

Photo Credit: Starhaus Entertainment

mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/92504/kwak-si-yang-cast-as-flowerboy-chef-in-new-tvn-drama

Jo Jung-seok, Park Bo-young couple up for Oh My Ghostess

by javabeans | May 6, 2015 | 56 Comments

jojungseok_147.jpg

What an adorable pairing: Park Bo-young (Hot-Blooded Youth) is indeed taking on thenew tvN drama Oh My Ghostess, and joining her is Jo Jung-seok (You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin). Woohoo! I love them both separately, and I’m sure I’ll love them together, so this has me very excited.

Plus, let’s not forget the outrageously funny-sounding premise, where a timid young woman is possessed by the ghost of a lustful virgin. I’m sold on that logline alone, but the casting just makes everything better. And in the hands of the High School King of Savvy director and writer, I’m sure tons of hilarity is bound to ensue, showcased in heaps of awesomely awkward scenarios. As an added bonus, with Jo Jung-seok in the lead, you just know he’ll be running wild with the ad-libs (and these producers are likely to give him free rein to go hog-wild).

Park Bo-young’s character Bong-sun has zero self-confidence, and because of her extreme shyness, she doesn’t have any close friends. At the restaurant where she works as an assistant, she’s not particularly good at anything, and mostly just gets yelled at a lot. Her grandmother was a shaman so from a young age she’s been able to occasionally see ghosts, though it’s not until she meets the lascivious ghost that she gets possessed totally.

Jo Jung-seok plays Sun-woo, a conceited star chef who’s overflowing with confidence in his food and his skills. Bong-sun harbors a secret crush on him, though it doesn’t sound like he takes much notice of her — one, because he’s always surrounded by women, and two, because he’s hung up on an old flame. But then one day, Bong-sun starts acting differently, shedding her mousy personality, and ends up constantly on Sun-woo’s mind.

What ensues is a quirky, charming romance — it sounds adorable, doesn’t it? I’m hoping for lots of laugh-out-loud antics and strong actor chemistry, with lots of sweet romance to top it off. Oh My Ghostess is slated for tvN’s Friday-Saturday slot following Ex-Girlfriend Club and premieres in July.

Via Chosun

cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/jo-jung-seok-park-bo-young-couple-up-for-oh-my-ghostess/

by girlfriday | May 8, 2015 | 55 Comments

KimSeungGi1.jpg

What a perfect fit. If I had to cast a lustful virgin ghost to go around possessing unsuspecting drama heroines and turning them boy-crazy, I’d definitely put Kim Seul-gi at the top of that list. Okay, so she might be the only name on that list. The SNL Korea funny girl is the latest cast member to join the new supernatural comedy Oh My Ghostess, headed to tvN this summer.

Kim Seul-gi has been steadily making a name for herself in dramaland playing quirky supporting characters (Surplus Princess, Discovery of Romance, Flower Boy Next Door) and she always manages to make each one memorable and endearing. I can’t wait to see what she does with this one.

Oh My Ghostess is the new drama from the team behind the hilarious High School King of Savvy, and it stars Park Bo-young (Hot-Blooded Youth) as a shy young woman who gets possessed by a virgin ghost. She’s so timid that she has no friends and spends her days constantly getting yelled at by Jo Jung-seok (You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin), the haughty star chef at the restaurant where she works as his assistant chef.

Kim Seul-gi has been cast to play the ghost, ironically named Soon-ae, for “pure, chaste love.” Well I guess it might apply to her human self who died a virgin. The character description calls her on par with a bachelor ghost for having the most regret in the afterlife, which of course is what makes bachelor/virgin ghosts mythically the most vengeful spirits. In this version she’ll mostly be comical with her relentless libido, turning Park Bo-young’s shy wallflower into a sudden man-chaser.

It also says that the ghost can’t lie, and if that means that Park Bo-young’s heroine alsocan’t lie while possessed? That would make for even more embarrassment than I hoped for. Pervy neighborhood ghost running amok and causing romance shenanigans? You know I’m there.

Oh My Ghostess follows Ex-Girlfriend Club on Fridays and Saturdays in July.

Via IS PlusMBN

cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/kim-seul-gi-joins-oh-my-ghostess-as-lusty-virgin-ghost/

Guest ororomunroe

Oh My Ghostess casts Kwak Shi-yang as pretty-boy chef

kwakshiyang_40.jpg

I always like seeing talented newcomers getting more work, so it’s good to hear that Kwak Shi-yang, who came on the scene out of nowhere to take a lead in Mnet’s Persevere, Gu Hae-ra, is joining Oh My Ghostess on tvN, which is the new series from the High School King of Savvy producers.

Kwak Shi-yang will play one of the cooks at the restaurant run by the conceited chef-owner, Jo Jung-seok. Also working there is the exceedingly timid Park Bo-young, who is so shy she has no friends and no confidence — until she’s possessed by the spirit of a lusty virgin ghost (Kim Seul-gi) and undergoes a sudden transformation. Oh, the hijinks that will ensue…

Like Savvy, it sounds as though Ghostess will be largely workplace-centered, since that’s where all our main players work. Having studied at the Cordon Bleu, Kwak’s character’s relative lack of kitchen experience is made up for by his impressive specs, and he’s described as being a straight shooter. Being startlingly blunt (to everyone except the heroine) was exactly his M.O. in Gu Hae-ra, so I can see him fitting right into that description.

Kwak Shi-yang debuted with the 2014 film Night Flight (a movie about high school, broken friendships, and bullying), then had a role in weekend drama Feel-Good Day, after which he scored the lead in Persevere, Gu Hae-ra. That drama was one of those shows where the characters were endearing despite being acted by rookies who were mostly still green, but Kwak Shi-yang was a surprise breakout as the taciturn, principled Se-jong. His character was often frustrating with his silent suffering and excessive sense of responsibility, but he was one of the main highlights of the show for me, and I thought him both adorable and charismatic. (Reluctant drunk bromance! So cute!)

This role doesn’t sound like it’ll be huge, but it’s a step in the right direction; I remember looking him up right away when Gu Hae-ra began and feeling disappointed that there was little in his filmography to watch, so I’m glad to see him getting more work, since he’s certainly got the potential.

Oh My Ghostess will follow Ex-Girlfriend Club in July.

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/oh-my-ghostess-casts-kwak-shi-yang-as-pretty-boy-chef/

We have went from seeing ghost to ghost taking over human bodies and a seductive ghost at that this girl body that this ghost is taking over must be really pure but this should be a fun watch I hope it's comical

Kwak Si-yang to star in "Oh My Ghost" with Park Bo-yeong and Jo Jeong-seok

photo592724.jpg

Actor Kwak Si-yang has been cast for the new tvN drama "Oh My Ghost".

He is playing the role of Seo-joon.

"Oh My Ghost" is a follow-up to "Ex-Girlfriends' Club", starring Park Bo-yeong as kitchen assistant Na Bong-seon and Jo Jeong-seok as a star chef named Kang Seon-woo.

Kwak Si-yang is a pretty looking chef at Seon-woo's restaurant and has been to the best cooking school in France. He has less experience than any other seniors there at the restaurant but is skilled.

Kwak Si-yang said, "It's an honor to be in this drama. I hope to learn a lot from it".

Meanwhile, Kwak Si-yang was famous for being chosen out of 10,000 competitors for the Mnet music drama "Sing Again, Hera Gu". He then starred in "Night Flight" and SBS drama "Good Day".

"Oh My Ghost" will first air in July.

Archived