[Drama 2015] Masked Prosecutor 복면검사 - Thank You For Watching!!!

kbleon

@Sarang21 I posted this on the Masked Prosecutor temporary forum but since the temporary forum and the new forum hasn't merge yet, I'm re-posting it here, this is from JSW's interview in the May Issue of Star Magazine

새로 시작할 드라마 <면검사>에서 에는 능청스러운 검사, 에는 의협 검사로 이중생활을 하는 할이라고 들었어요. 
처음에 본을 보고 깜짝 놀랐어요. “뭐? 복면가면? 나보고 복면을 악당을 무르라고?” 나 참, 어처구니가 없었죠. 상하잖아요. ‘아이언맨’도 아니고 말이에요. 고 보니 그것과는 전혀 상관없는 역이더라고요. 제가 생각했던 드라마 장르가 아니에요. 아, 복면을 쓰는 건 맞아요. 프로레슬링 가면을 요. 그건 웃기죠. 그런데 1, 2 통틀어서 한번 정도 거예요 아마. 그걸 쓰고 악당을 소탕하는 것도 맞아요. 그런데 절대 스꽝스럽거나 부담스럽지는 않아요. 

In your newly started drama <Masked Prosecutor>, we heard that you are playing the dual role of a deceitful prosecutor during daytime and an honourable one at nighttime.

I was very surprised when I first saw the script. “What? Mask? You are looking at me telling me to wear a mask and kill the villain?” I was very… it was a crazy idea. 

It’s already too tiresome. It’s also not ‘Ironman’ you know. After checking I realised that the role is totally disconnected to that . It is not a drama like I initially thought. Hmm, wearing a mask is correct. I would wear pro wrestling mask. It’s funny right?  But maybe I’ll wear it once in 1 or 2 episodes all in all. It’s also true that I’d wear it to get rid of the villain. But it’s never ridiculous nor burdensome.

제목을 수정하자고 할 수도 있잖아요.
제목 자체는 마음에 들어요. ‘복면검사’ 잖아요. 근데 이 스토리를 시청자들이 어떻게 아들이느냐. 그게 제인 것 같아요. 나 참, 복면 가왕도 아니고(웃음). 일단 한번 보시면 제가 무슨 말 하는지 아실 거예요.

You could also revise the title.

I like the title as it is. ‘Masked Prosecutor” is easy you know. However, I’m wondering how the viewers would receive this story. I think that’s a problem. Me, I am not even a fake king wearing mask (laughs). Anyway, you’d know what I’m talking about once you watch it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sarang21 I posted this on the Masked Prosecutor temporary forum but since the temporary forum and the new forum hasn't merge yet, I'm re-posting it here, this is from JSW's interview in the May Issue of Star Magazine

새로 시작할 드라마 <면검사>에서 에는 능청스러운 검사, 에는 의협 검사로 이중생활을 하는 할이라고 들었어요. 
처음에 본을 보고 깜짝 놀랐어요. “뭐? 복면가면? 나보고 복면을 악당을 무르라고?” 나 참, 어처구니가 없었죠. 상하잖아요. ‘아이언맨’도 아니고 말이에요. 고 보니 그것과는 전혀 상관없는 역이더라고요. 제가 생각했던 드라마 장르가 아니에요. 아, 복면을 쓰는 건 맞아요. 프로레슬링 가면을 요. 그건 웃기죠. 그런데 1, 2 통틀어서 한번 정도 거예요 아마. 그걸 쓰고 악당을 소탕하는 것도 맞아요. 그런데 절대 스꽝스럽거나 부담스럽지는 않아요. 

In your newly started drama <Masked Prosecutor>, we heard that you are playing the dual role of a deceitful prosecutor during daytime and an honourable one at nighttime.

I was very surprised when I first saw the script. “What? Mask? You are looking at me telling me to wear a mask and kill the villain?” I was very… it was a crazy idea. 

It’s already too tiresome. It’s also not ‘Ironman’ you know. After checking I realised that the role is totally disconnected to that . It is not a drama like I initially thought. Hmm, wearing a mask is correct. I would wear pro wrestling mask. It’s funny right?  But maybe I’ll wear it once in 1 or 2 episodes all in all. It’s also true that I’d wear it to get rid of the villain. But it’s never ridiculous nor burdensome.

제목을 수정하자고 할 수도 있잖아요.
제목 자체는 마음에 들어요. ‘복면검사’ 잖아요. 근데 이 스토리를 시청자들이 어떻게 아들이느냐. 그게 제인 것 같아요. 나 참, 복면 가왕도 아니고(웃음). 일단 한번 보시면 제가 무슨 말 하는지 아실 거예요.

You could also revise the title.

I like the title as it is. ‘Masked Prosecutor” is easy you know. However, I’m wondering how the viewers would receive this story. I think that’s a problem. Me, I am not even a fake king wearing mask (laughs). Anyway, you’d know what I’m talking about once you watch it.

Thanks....well I don`t mind him wearing a mask but it`s just that the one he is wearing is so ugly...but as he will not be wearing it often I will somehow get over it

Guest ororomunroe

Masked Prosecutor Releases Second Teaser with Plenty of Kim Sun Ah and Joo Sang Wook Sparks

wesun.jpg

I’m anxious and excited about Masked Prosecutor, stoked with the pairing of leads Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah, not to mention the bonus add of Eom Ki Joon as the second male lead, but really wary of Joo Sang Wook’s prosecutor donning a wresting face mask as his disguise. It’s so loud and unintentionally hilarious to the point of being distracting, which might be what the drama is going for if his masked vigilante is comic fodder. In that case, bring it on since I have plenty of laughs at the ready. Check out the just released second teaser and enjoy the first peek at the great onscreen chemistry to come.

Source: koalasplayground.com/2015/05/13/masked-prosecutor-releases-second-teaser-with-plenty-of-kim-sun-ah-and-joo-sang-wook-sparks/

Guest ororomunroe

Oh Snap! Put your hands in the air for Masked Prosecutor

masked15.jpg

Okay, Kim Sun-ah looks way too glamorous in these Masked Prosecutor stills to be a detective on the job — more like a fashion model posing in a cop-themed shoot, maybe — but I’m certainly not going to complain about her kicking richard simmons and fighting crime. And Joo Sang-wook should always play comically arrogant types, forever and ever. Now, the actual mask, I could take or leave, but that hilarious swagger and adorkable hotness? Yes, please, can I have some more?

Masked Prosecutor premieres on May 20 on KBS.

masked17.jpg

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/oh-snap-put-your-hands-in-the-air-for-masked-prosecutor/

Think I would faint if JSW did this to me!

​          I would faint too if he did that too me (in my dreams that would happen).

@kbleon, Thanks for the preview! He just looks so handsome

I'm not too crazy about the Luche Libre mask. I'm always going to be against anything that hides that handsome face. Hopefully he won't wear it a lot.      

@MissA, I'm with you as long as we can see sparks flying between our OTP, I will be happy!

Guest ororomunroe

Kim Sun Ah Transforms into Fierce Detective for “Masked Prosecutor”

kim-sun-ah-1.jpg

Actress Kim Sun Ah is returning to the small screen with the upcoming KBS drama “Masked Prosecutor,” and new stills show the top star in action.

Kim Sun Ah plays Yoo Min Hee, an unflappable, justice-seeking detective who chose a career of investigating crime scenes despite her exceptionally high score at her police academy, which would have allowed her to become a prosecutor.

The role that Kim Sun Ah is playing is not the typical tough and masculine female detective that we usually see in TV shows and films. Instead, her character Yoo Min Hee tries to solve crimes by using psychology and her understanding of human emotions.

With this drama, Kim Sun Ah will be lending her star power to a show for the first time in three years. She will be starring alongside Joo Sang Wook, who plays a prosecutor that dons a mask at night to take down criminals he couldn’t bring to justice in court.

According to a representative, “Kim Sun Ah went to the extent of transforming her hair into a bob to play this character.”

They add, “She’s putting a lot of effort into script analysis and character study.”

“Masked Prosecutor” will air its first episode on May 20.

Cr: Soompi

Guest Yurichin

Kim Sun Ah plays Yoo Min Hee, an unflappable, justice-seeking detective who chose a career of investigating crime scenes despite her exceptionally high score at her police academy, which would have allowed her to become a prosecutor.

The role that Kim Sun Ah is playing is not the typical tough and masculine female detective that we usually see in TV shows and films. Instead, her character Yoo Min Hee tries to solve crimes by using psychology and her understanding of human emotions.

“Masked Prosecutor” will air its first episode on May 20.

Cr: Soompi

​If she become prosecutor as well, don't tell me she's gonna wear the mask too...LFMAO...no wonder if we think there is action here...the cast didn't practice any martial art to prepare in begin with.

‘Masked Prosecutor’ Joo Sang-wook and Kim Sun-a Show Perfect Teamwork

qje99w.jpg

Fans are having their eye on Kim Sun-a and Joo Sang-wook who will star in upcoming drama ‘Masked Prosecutor’.

The production team for KBS 2TV’s new Wednesday-Thursday television series ‘Masked Prosecutor’ which is set for premiere on May 20 released new stills featuring the couple.

Kim Sun-a was cast to play the role of Yoo Min-hee, a homicide detective at Gangnam Police Station. As an elite police officer, Yoo Min-hee is a self-determined and strong woman who acts up to her belief. On the other hand, Joo Sang-wook was confirmed to play Ha Dae-chul, a prosecutor who works at the Seoul Southern District Prosecutor’s Office. Although Ha Dae-chul is a prosecutor who seems dull, snobbish and materialistic on the outside, He is in fact a man with full of rightfulness when under the mask; he does not fear to fight and punish criminals who attempt to run away by abusing law.

The new stills show Joo Sang-wook and Kim Sun-a along with their chemistry. In the first photo, Joo Sang-wook is making a V-sign with an impish grin on his face. On the other hand, Joo and Kim look serious in the next photo. They are looking into a safe, full of money. You can guess that the couple will engage in and work on a case together.

CGtEA2.jpg

Although this is their first time to pair up, they are said to have amazed everyone at the shooting set by showing stunning performances and great teamwork.

“They are doing great, and we are filming in an active and amicable atmosphere thanks to the couple. Please stay tuned to watch the first episode of ‘Masked Prosecutor’, which will air on May 20,” said one of the production staffs.

KBS 2TV’s new Wednesday-Thursday television series ‘Masked Prosecutor’ is a drama that will depict justice and love between a sly, snobbish prosecutor who turns out to be a hero under the mask and a wannabe model police woman who in fact is not so scrupulous herself. It is scheduled to air on May 20 after the completion of ‘Unkind Women’.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Kim Jonghak Production Inc., English Translation by Veronica Choi

Copyright ⓒ GET IT K(getitk.com), All Rights Reserved.

“Masked Prosecutor”: Kim Sun Ah & Joo Sang Wook Investigate And Goof Around Together

CGtEA2.jpg

Chemistry won’t be an issue for Masked Prosecutor leads Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah! New stills are backing up that claim :)

The crime-fighting pair seems to have found a smoking gun in what looks like a safe in a bedroom as shown in one shot. What will help them with this investigation?

Sun Ah’s Yoo Min Hee is described as being unshakeable to any external pressures as she’s driven to carry out a detailed investigation with the inherent sensibility of a woman. Joo Sang Wook’s Ha Dae Cheol is a prosecutor with a sense of being sly, which makes that whole masked vigilante thing easy for him. Their characters both seek to put bad guys away, but they might be oil and vinegar about how to accomplish it. Behind the scenes, though, they’re clearly buddies, having silly fun together

qje99w.jpg

Source Newsen

(A quite fun article to read  .. ha ha)

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

2nd Trailer for Masked Prosecutor: Let the Good Times Roll!

TNZS3N.png

We get to see more of the personality of our leads start to emerge. Now, I don't understand Korean and there are no subtitles here, but I am definitely picking up the vibe that these two just don't jive. In fact, they look like they will be hilarious playing off of each other in all their annoyance with and loathing of each other (or her annoyance/loathing towards him at least).

PMucKX.png

I did catch the part where she called him a dog. And I laughed.

5Va6vQ.png

I really look forward to seeing these two - Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah - fight it out while he battles bad dudes wearing that ridiculous mask. I am curious to know how good of a fighter he will end up being. We get a quick clip of a fight scene, but it's hard for these ahjumma eyes to judge his fighting moxy in the split second we get, however, he does appear to have a pretty good command of that headlock going.

So many things to look forward to and the good news is that our wait is almost over! Masked Prosecutor premiers next Wednesday the 20th. I will for sure be tuning in...to my internet-enabled device...once subs are out.... Oh heck, you know what I mean. Can't wait! Should be a fun, comedic little summertime jaunt!

Back hugs and big-eyed fish kisses to you all,

~Dongsaeng

Written by Dongsaeng

Guest Yurichin

They practicing Martial art finally  :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:  update from Unnie's Fb page

By...SuNNy

우리는 복면검사 B팀 이에요.!

화창하게 햇살나는 날

이런거 부끄러워서예~~~

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

적도의 ... 그 !! 남자! 김용수 감독님

,촬영 조명 감독님!,

그리고 우리

'복면검사' 하대철 검사님

과 함께... ....

더하기^^

복면검사 1차 예고편 나왔습니당^^

http://youtu.be/SgECowsOBnc

오늘도 즐거운 하루요^^

i16mHA1.jpg

F41vI9x.jpg

H2PRavY.jpg

J5JtIBf.jpg

Guest Yurichin

yes, when WnC got So Ji Sub, Producer got all of the Stars, Masked Prosecutor finally got Siwon (And Siwon Suna Unnie's friend) as a thief??! What???

and we have to prepare and get used to with that mask  :lol:, omo...I wonder how he gonna enters the scene...:lol:

Guys, let's try to see the good part of that mask - that's what I also tell myself - at least nobody will be able to say "Hey, how can they not recognize him when he only covered his eyes/ his nose and mouth/half of his face!" Everything is covered. The others don't have to be stupid in order not to recognize him.  

Guest y101y

This drama don't need anybody to cameo. I'll watch it no matter what. I can't wait for these two to save my day!!! :D

Guest Yurichin

@Hannahmiriam Right, and for me I never thinking that the mask is hideous or something bad (and I think that mask kind of turn off people right now ^_^)...but that mask...isn't that distracting? I mean it's too prominent if you want to silently punish the bad guy...I have no idea what it's all about, with the truth as JSW said, he wouldn't wear it that much...I think we can considerate that as a good thing.

@y101y at least, as a good news for ELFs out there will be happy ^_^

Dear unnie @onnififi , thanks for the warm welcome.

i'll drop by more often since the drama is airing soon 

PS: I really don't like this ugly mask!

​My dear @libra22 yes actually me too doesn't like that mask......BUT after staring at our dear chingu @nikacit mask pics...let me repost the pic

Mysterio.jpg

If he seriously going to wear this mask....I'm hoping that JSW going to do the upside down kiss with KSA like the Spiderman movie, where the mouth part only open and the rest of the mask will still covered his face when the hero kisses the heroin....muhahahaha....:D:w00t: So far this type of kisses never happen in Korean drama before right? Muahahaha.....Omo...omo...here comes my nonsense! Mianhae chingu,,,,,AYN peace...

@ororomunroe   @Yurichin  @kbleon  @Melchai  @Sarang21  @Wanderer17 thank you so much for sharing the articles, pics and also gifs. Love you all chingus. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Welcome onboard to MP thread  @y101y dear.

Archived