[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beastrbae

WHATT THEEE TOOOOOOT?!?! Knetizens called it but I'm still in the state of utter shock right now? Am extremely giddy and TORN APART!!!!! Dayum, let the (husband hunting) games begin!!! It's a case of Kim Yeol vs Ha Joon for me all over again except x10000 times worse for those who watch Sassy Go Go.

Damn, if they both started on equal footing from the beginning of the drama, I would have blindly went all in on Taek. But I'm emotionally (and physically) invested on Junghwan 200% percent right now. He was in despair the whole episode thinking he had no chance because he thought Sunwoo and Deoksun mutually liked one another lolololol.. His petty hunger strike and mood swings xDDD And how he started laughing like a lunatic when he saw DS confronting SW for liking BR... Little does he know Taek is ambushing and waiting for a chance. I'm in huge conflict but I'll root for JH to the ends of the earth but I love Taek too!!!!!

So, Bora and Sunwoo got married? So awesome we got to see adult Bora!! I think adult Junghwan said that Deoksun got rejected by Sunwoo and kicked up a huge fuss about it? I think he said he knew about it or saw it..  And he also said what do I not know about you?? If that is so, the probability of JH being the husband is higher.

P.S My Jungbong x Bora ship sailed and sunk on the same day :( Hurrah for Bora unni for scoring a younger nice guy SW and Jungbong better get someone more badass than Bora. I'll sacrifice myself for JH and DS's happiness and take up puppy Taek.

@princeye0l

Yes, Sunwoo is out of the running.  I guess he's a bro-in-law at best.  I get the feel Bora won't take him seriously for now and his liking her will cause some problems between the parent. Though it'll work out in the end.   Personally I like  JH's brother with her better.... I'm a sucker for that family.  Plus sisters marrying brothers would be cute. :P

I forgot to thank @lelee earlier for the translations.  Thank you to all the recappers today.

I think DS will go out with Taek for awhile cause she is on a rebound.  Taek will get deep into it and she is going to change her mind.  Omo, looks like we will get more jealous JH in days to come.  The husband's mannerism in the future fits JH better so I still think JH is the husband.  

I seriously cannot decide between JB or SW for Bora.  If JB goes with Bora will that stop JH-DS since they will be relatives?

Looks wise I actually like Taek better but I don't ship personalities base on popularity.  I am going with the story.  I agree that I hate it when there is a personality who is more popular cause than the fans get kinda aggressive with their ships.  

Guest neonmoon

This is what I’m saying the writer may drop a bomb from Taek being on the background but who knew they’re doing it today. LOL. Discussions in the drama’s DC Gallery kept on mentioning Seon-Taek for the past few days as if they’ve seen this coming. Well, the story still has a long way to go and writers still have lots of time to troll us. I’ll take this as a pleasant plot development for now.

Although Taekie surely is going to give JH a run for his own money, I have a feeling that something might happen to Taek but I hope I’m wrong. It worries me that he’s been taking so many meds. And yes, I do think it’s still JH who’s going to be the husband! Because why not? Haha. Both of them are good catch for DS anyway. =O)

Guys... does anyone know what they're saying in the preview for episode 7? The only thing I got was something to do with Christmas... Not knowing what's being said in the preview is making me go crazy atm... >.< 

Here's the preview btw for those of you who didn't see it yet:

Guest CaRoLiNaaa

i am liking bora more and more and the flashbacks to sun woo looking at her were so sweet

it's such a nice love line to have the neighbourhood good boy to fall for the badass, intelligent noona

i can understand his attraction to her

as for taek, i am too invested in junghwan's ship to jump on his...  

In the end almost all of the things we predicted became true, I was sure about Bora (or maybe I tried hard to believe this because I was scared of SW as a contender? lol), but for TK, we had just the look he had on his face watching DS taking care of SW yesterday when he injured his arm, but also his expression when she told him he had to hurry grow up and marry her? But mostly the genious color theory from DC.. that's SICK. I wouldn't be able to came to this conclusion alone, like ever (feeling dumb.. )

Anyway, I DO love TK, but I love JH WAY MORE. I still hope/think JH will be the endgame and of course having a contender will keep things going, maybe JH will decide to be more explicit about his feelings, because this time there's no NJ, she loved Trash from the very beginning. DS instead isn't interested in any of the guys (for now), even if I thought yesterday she was a little shocked and moved with the umbrella scene (my secret hope is that she's slowly falling for JH a little and when she'll realize he likes her we'll have a loong flashback of all their moments together and swoony things he did for her.. ) *now writing fanfictions*

In the end I regret that our poor baby TK is the one stepping in this cruel Husband Games, the fact that he's famous and lonely, the one with the "less warm" family (SW's, with his chatting mum and cute little sister, feels way different even if he lost one of his parents too), won't stop the writer to make him suffer, Reply series has no pity in this sense and maybe trying to pursue DS will help him grow, but I hope if he's going to be rejected this won't happen in the last episodes. If TK won't succeed to get DS I want a different happy ending for him, maybe with a different girl, but NOT in the way they did it for Chilbong, really.

This Reply 1988 is rapidly becoming so addicting, I'm scared ^^" 

Thank you to all the lovely soompiers contributing here <3

Her husband walking away out of embarrassment for her dancing is such a JH thing to do though.. oh writers

Deep down I'm confident the husband is JH. The way they show his perspective and his feelings doesn't seem very second male lead-y. However, this guessing thing is making me nervous. 14 more episodes of me biting my nails ooooh help

Archived