[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Hide contents

Kim Kwang Jin, a member of the National Assembly, posted a tweet on his Twitter account revealing that “Reply 1988″ was filming Ryu Jun Yeol’s wedding scene at the Airforce Club. He said that if his tweet got retweeted over 1000 times he would reveal who he is getting married to.
After tweeting this spoiler, he received great criticism for revealing a spoiler despite the production team’s warnings against leaking spoilers. His tweet has been since deleted, and an apology has been posted as well.

Here the news!

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fleshwithoutblood
32 minutes ago, GreenTeandSASHIMI said:

Recently, soompi released an article about the wedding spoilers, for those wondering about the chinese outlets talking about thr wedding spoilers as well, this is what soompi dug up... @a5p1n

Hide contents

Kim Kwang Jin, a member of the National Assembly, posted a tweet on his Twitter account revealing that “Reply 1988″ was filming Ryu Jun Yeol’s wedding scene at the Airforce Club. He said that if his tweet got retweeted over 1000 times he would reveal who he is getting married to.
After tweeting this spoiler, he received great criticism for revealing a spoiler despite the production team’s warnings against leaking spoilers. His tweet has been since deleted, and an apology has been posted as well.

And its pretty much confirmed that the indoor wedding pic is Sunwoo and Bora since DS and JH can be seen in the picture not very dressed up. the staff would be WAY more serious and pics of the main lovelines wedding was being leaked around like how SW-BR's are

Spoiler

Lol a National Assembly member! What is he doing! I kind of want to see netizen reactions to that because I can just imagine them berating him. I'm not going to think about what that means, but he must be crazy.

17 hours ago, drynase said:

I didnt check this thread regularly tbh, look what I found. This photo is published by YTN.

mod edit: please do not quote images!

Hurray Sunbora!!! Congrats papa Sung and mama Il Hwa! One down two to go before papa's retirement

22 hours ago, __jesse said:

Cut to save space. 

Did DS choose Taek's mittens because she liked Taek more than JH?

Consider what happened in the earlier episodes. In ep 4, JH chivalrously protected DS on the bus, and in ep 5, JH waited in the rain to pass DS an umbrella. Then, in ep 7, JH remembered her casual remark of the pink gloves and gave her exactly what she wanted. Was she truly oblivious to JH's feelings? 

I would argue that DS had an inkling of what was going on there. In her monologue at the end of ep 7, she said, "I was at the age when I no longer believed in Santa or felt my heart flutter because of Secret Santa. I was at an age when a present that was secretly left behind or secretly conveyed gentleness wasn’t enough to fulfil my expectations. Excitement that would probably escape up to the back of my throat and choke me if I were to try and suppress it. Embarrassment that would make my heart explode if I were to admit to it. I was dying to make it obvious, but didn’t want to get caught. That was the excitement we felt back in 1988. We were 18 years old back then."

She wasn't referring to Taek's mittens, she was trying on JH's pink gloves. JH was sending her all the right signals, and she understood what they meant.

Why then did she choose to wear Taek's mittens in ep 8? She was "dying to make it obvious, but didn't want to get caught." She chose to hide her feelings of infatuation for JH, and wear the mittens which didn't bear any emotional attachments. Contrast the moment when she tried on JH's gloves and that moment when she put on Taek's mittens. Girls can be complicated. Simply because they chose A over B doesn't necessarily mean that they preferred A to B. 

mod edit: please do not quote images!

At this point of the drama, I think that if JH had confessed there and then, he would've gotten the girl. Perhaps that's why everyone thought JH was endgame, we could see it happening. But JH hesitated, and that was his achilles heel. He waited all the way until Taek confessed in front of the boys in ep 10 before retreating. Which raises another question: was JH's retreat truly an act of noble idiocy, or was it an excuse for his hesitation and lack of courage? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I also think the same. She know abt junghwan feeling but she is just embarrassed, she's waiting for junghwan counterattack, but its not coming because junghwan is hesitating. 

1 hour ago, GreenTeandSASHIMI said:

i have a stupid question that ive been wondering about for a while now while watching this series: Why do they never have clear water to drink at home? What is the brown beverage that they drink as "water"? Is it tea? but then i was wondering if it was tea, then it wouldnt be hot at all being kept in those glass pitchers all the time... Can someone enlighten me hehehe 

Yeah, it's usually tea, you usually drink it cold. It can be green tea or buckwheat tea, etc. Same for restaurants, you don't really get tap water.

They serve it in plastic bottles, most often provided with your alcohol orders. Like you order some soju for your restaurant and they give you plastic bottles with their name on it.

@_jesse I read the mittens/gloves event the same way you did: at that time, wearing them would mean acknowledging his feelings. She had not received TK's mittens at that time.

Squad goals, family goals, relationship goals, career goals. Name it. This drama has everything.

Character Goals 101
1. having a soft and warm heart even having a strong personality like Bora. 
2. Being able and willing to give even if you lack so many things like Sung Dong Ill and being hopeful like his wife despite of all the circumstances and hardships in life. 
3. JH's parents sticking together through their likes and dislikes moment. 
4. JB as a very thoughtful and loving hyung to JH. 
5. DR's parents who seems very busy but will always be there in times when DR needed them the most. 
6. SW, TK and Jin Joo's Mom and dad, in giving themselves a chance to be happy. 
7. Being like Jin Joo, clingy as a cute kid yet turned to be a kid who bickers a lot to her oppas as her expression of love and care.
8. A chill kind of life of Na eul but after he was able to discover his potential in singing, he steps forward towards his goal.
9. A very filial, matured, responsible and understanding guy like SW. 
10. A humorous person like DR but knows to handle relationship seriously by giving awesome and eye-opener advices to his friends.
11. To be persistent like DS, keep moving forward even after failure.
12. Letting go even if that would hurt you the most like JH and TK.

Well these are just some for many lessons that we could learn from this drama. Only few days left before its final episode and I am emotional about that. Lol. If the ending will not meet your expectations, remember the reasons why you love this drama. 

25 minutes ago, stervamerzkaya0 said:
54 minutes ago, drynase said:

Hot Search Ranking Drama Naver

#1 Reply 1988

#2 Cheese In The Trap

#3 My Daughter Geum Saweol

#4 Six Flying Dragons

#5 Moorim School

(What is exactly Moorim School doing to reach this top?) (People, please enlighten me)

TVN is seriously on a roll!

At this point they can do no wrong in my book!!!

@GreenTeandSASHIMI Well, I'm just translating the article.. :D

Spoiler

The first article did say that it's DS wedding, but then they revised it.. Here is the complete translation of the revised article

Especially when Lee Il Hwa is wearing a complete traditional hanbok and Hyeri is wearing a formal clothing. Although the venue being in the Air Force Hall give a big clue about who DS husband is, but how the casts dress themself make the audience wonder. The insider staff also said "the protagonist of this wedding is indeed Sun-woo and Bo-ra".

First news: Duk Sun (Hyeri) of tvN’s “Reply 1988” successfully marries someone.

But then they revised and attached the images of SunWoo

the previous spoiler incorrectly stated which characters got married.

It has been revealed that the characters who got married in the wedding scene are Bora (Ryu Hye Young) and Sun Woo (Ko Kyung Po).

I think the end game is now only in Deokseon's hand. I see some of us is truely a HSI agents and can find hints that unexpected. But we often forget that one scene can be interpreted differently, up to the eyes of the viewer. Drama is like painting, what you see and what I see is different prespectively. But it's fun to read it though, so do continue. 

My view on DS character is a bit vague. I don't know where this girl is heading or to whom her feeling belongs too. It's natural since she was only teenager. We go flint flant too when we were in that age. But watching the few latest ep I kind of convince she has feeling of more than a friend to TK. I'm not 100% sure since I'm not the writer. But if I look to her character, it's tilting that way. 

DS might have feeling for JH before the assurance of her feeling to TK comes, but it looks like crush not love to me. DS can be a go getter despite what she was telling her friend that a girl should wait for a guy to confess first. She went to JH bedroom to ask him should she go to the blind date, for crying out loud! Couldn't that girl with that kind of character confess first if she too has the unbearable feeling of love? I'll say yes. DS is not your typical shy maiden. 

JH is loveable but he's doesn't have the instinct gor me. Love is a raw emotion. We often rely on instinct, not common sense, do deal with. Yes, he's relatable because any of us could have hesitation in dealing between love and friendship, but not all the time. He didn't step in the game again when he knew TK made the same sacrifice for him (I'm sure he knew DS feeling for him at that time), care about DS but didn't do anything to comfort her before thinking first and end up making her hurt or get step in by sleepy TK, and he wait too long to come to the concert when he obviously knew DS got stood up. Come on guys! Would you not frustrated and say good bye too if you were DS? Yes, DS didn't know that but WE do! I was rooting for JH but that scene made me say "Ok boy, the universe had given you a chance yet again but you blew it, again." If it were TK I'm sure he'll speed his way to the concert place (and yes he does). But it is his character, so I can only bite my fist and moaned in pained.I can't blame the writer because the writer as this story universe has given him the chance. I can only blame myself because I fall for the obvious path. *darn you character's habit*

JH is interesting but TK is more interesting to me. It seems no one knew exactly who he is. Just when his bestfriend  thought they know him, he went the opposite direction because his love for them. My eyes went big when he swoop DS in princess style. I never thought he had the strength since he never do out door sport since this drama started. TK went on instinct and I love him for that. 

I know I might sound bias but I only trying to read in between the characters. 

Spoiler

“Um… I think Duk Sun unni and Jung Pal (Ryu Jun Yeol) oppa are going to get married. [She] will break up with Taek (Park Bo Gum) oppa and marry Jung Pal oppa. She has to do that. But I don’t know [the finale]. I’m curious.”, says tiny little cutie, Kim Seol. :D

Did she release a potential spoiler? lmao!

Btw, I wanted to ask...is Na (Young-seok) PD involved in the reply series too? Because I swear, I can hear his evil laugh in some of the bts videos lol.

Please watch your spoilers.  There are unmarked spoiler images posted everywhere.  Then other spoilers floating around unmarked.  Even if it's from an obvious couple, some people might not want to be spoiled.  Be considerate please.  There's going to be more an more stuff released and we don't want to ruin the final week for fans. 

@nikkisjs  I don't think he is. He could be around obviously, but he doesn't have anything to do with the show. 

6 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

I want to ask about this, why SW mom boil the cloth with soap?

They don't have a washing machine. You clean white clothes in hot water, especially if you want to get rid of stains.

Basically, she is just doing laundry :)

Everyone is so wrapped up with the husband fighting mess, but I really loved the sister fighting scene in episode 18.  It was too cute.  DS was purposely trying to annoy her sister in the morning it seems, but Bora wasn't yelling as loud and hitting like she used to.  Both of them have grown up so much and their relationship is much more caring and understanding now you can tell.  I wish the writer had done more with sisterly bound.  I hope there is still more to come in the last two episodes. 

Archived