[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

3 minutes ago, katerose. said:

I think she's been expressing alot that she like JH, why didn't U see? The problem is Jung Hwanie n even Teak, they stepped back bcoz of each another. She can't tell U and us - the viewers, she can't tell Jung Hwan either - she had once failed in love with Sun woo, how can she? As Sun Woo said, U just look at s.o's eyes and you'll find they love U or not. There are even many other ways of love expression form her: her sadness, her actions, her thought,... And all of us see that ^^

I know what I mean here is from the last 2 episodes only that confuses me. I used to be so sure that she likes JH but not anymore after ep 15 and 16. And yes I know now she has to focus on her study but it is not logical that she nearly does not show any affection towards JH anymore.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest princessprincess
25 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Haha...anyone has any gifs of flipping tables? 

I suppose it is the torture of the wait.. And I'll be back in school by the time the next episode airs. Arghh!

HAHAHA :D You are not alone, fella. Vacation will be over without the triangle's major progress. Well, two weeks, including five school days without any episode will surely be hard for us. We should just hope for a life-saving preview for Episode 17.

I somehow miss Reply 1997 and Reply 1994. :(

Guest wizengamot
13 minutes ago, monsterlife said:

Do you think TK will die?

7280d58bf6eef59d1fb0e55b47ab6d78_zps0c9d

that will make me hate the reply team if Taek die or anyone of the character. seriously, this writer needs to stop making him take lots of meds and looking so tired and collapsing on bed

42 minutes ago, lelee said:

Because of the flashback, here the complete scene from before:

At home, DS waits for TK to call since they;re gonna meet up. When he finally calls, he hesitates before saying that he can't come. He hangs up and cries. He tells his couch that he'll stay in china until sunday, not saturday. He also asks him to not wake him the whole saturday. (saturday was the day when DS and him where going to see a movie)

Flashback to when TK discovered JH's wallet. He sees that JH kept the picture from the concert in there and now is a 100% sure that JH likes DS too.

I KNEW IT! Lol. I thought that would happen. Their friendship is so touchingㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Is there no preview?

"He tells his couch that he'll stay in china until sunday, not saturday. He also asks him to not wake him the whole saturday. (saturday was the day when DS and him where going to see a movie)"

Oh my Taekie. My heart broke into million piece :(((((((

I think that the writer is giving JH & Taek an equal field. From the screentime, the recognition of their feelings and affection and now how both of them are giving way. Since almost everybody is set that JH is the husband and is shipping them (including me) I'd like to add points as to why Taek can also  be one. 

1. Since he's giving up on her, he might try dating other girls, (also hinting the fact that he has crowd of girls giving him letters, he can pick anyone of them)

2. He might have heard of what happened of SW-DS confession fail from sunwoo himself

3. his photo also has a 1989 date on the bottom  

4. couples bicker as they grow old, and considering how taek is being taught of swearing by DS herself, he can still change his personality or rather, add some that he learned from ds

5. They're being interviewed in the future, unless ds & jh become known in the future, what other reason why they're being interviewed about their past?

Guest princessprincess
9 minutes ago, finallyanoppatostan said:

Thank you so much for all live recappers!! :*

Sung Noeul's name is on the first rank of search in naver, his real name is few numbers below hahahaha

I'm burning inside while reading the live recap :X Why does the writer make it so long for the triangle to end T___T I want the rejected one to find his girl before the last episode, not like what happened to Chilbong. We only saw her future wife in one scene, and never even showed up in the future scene for us to make sure that Chilbong is living happily :(

I feel like I'm watching Warm and Cozy, the leads were living in the same room but just playing push and pull until the very last episode -___-

These 16 episodes with 90-115 minutes equals to 24-26 episodes regular dramas :astonished:

TRUE. I truly loved YYS because of Reply 1994, but my love for him cannot beat the frustration I felt when I was watching Warm and Cozy. :tears:

4 minutes ago, Nguyen Diem said:

"He tells his couch that he'll stay in china until sunday, not saturday. He also asks him to not wake him the whole saturday. (saturday was the day when DS and him where going to see a movie)"

Oh my Taekie. My heart broke into million piece :(((((((

I totally agree with you, but I just noticed that I wrote "couch" instead of "coach" lol  

Ooops...

The reason why the storyline becomes slow but steady because this drama has too many characters which involves school, love, family and work.. 

I feel that 20 episodes is not enough to wrap things up if ShinPD or Writernim is going to give a satisfying ending for all characters unless they are magicians..

Hmm anyway,  I know all of them are working very hard to give viewers a great pleasure for watching, in any case I am grateful for the cast and staff who is working extremely hard in this cold winter. 

I think I'll be in minority saying I just like the show for its realistic approach. I was crying while Taek's conversation with dad, while Bora getting some medicine from her father - there is warmth in these scenes, which I really can't describe, but which other dramas lack. I can't say I'm not worried for the main couple, I am, but the things get slow just as in reality, when you can spend months or even years to finally confess to someone, because you need courage to do that 

15 minutes ago, finallyanoppatostan said:

Thank you so much for all live recappers!! :*

Sung Noeul's name is on the first rank of search in naver, his real name is few numbers below hahahaha

I'm burning inside while reading the live recap :X Why does the writer make it so long for the triangle to end T___T I want the rejected one to find his girl before the last episode, not like what happened to Chilbong. We only saw her future wife in one scene, and never even showed up in the future scene for us to make sure that Chilbong is living happily :(

I feel like I'm watching Warm and Cozy, the leads were living in the same room but just playing push and pull until the very last episode -___-

These 16 episodes with 90-115 minutes equals to 24-26 episodes regular dramas :astonished:

Oh that drama got me all riled up and ready to shake the life outta YYS ...... so frustrating at the end.... Reply'88.. if walking the same path when it comes to the "love-lines"...

49 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Haha...anyone has any gifs of flipping tables? 

I suppose it is the torture of the wait.. And I'll be back in school by the time the next episode airs. Arghh!

This gif is perfect for today's episode, because of Taek.

edit: I've been trying to attach a gif, but it doesn't work :tears: Here's the link http://postimg.org/image/p8lx6nstx/

17 minutes ago, nikkisjs said:

When r88 started, I honestly thought this'll be my fav Reply series but nope! They ain't touching my #1 R97 at all. Idk if I should be happy or sad about that lol

RJY has probably mastered the speaking-with-eyes acting. PBG probably done learning how to see the girl as a tree and keep leaning~

Anyhoo, seems there'll be hell lotta flashbacks in the upcoming episodes which is amazing because the entire drama is in flashback. Flashbacks in flashback.. only Shin PD can manage that. 95 minutes seem less to him, anyway. I haven't watched last week's episodes. No plans this week either. Sugarcoating doesn't work for me and honestly even if they extend the drama/show romance in the last 2 eps, I'm still going to pissed lol. It's like you know the kid is talented and have high expectations but the kid fails and you don't know whether to scold or be patient. Some commentator once said the team is losing their charm, maybe that's the case lol. Idec care about who ends up with whom. Just need some assurance that DS will indeed end up with someone, with her own decent career. JH needs to be worried because I think his balls are disappearing. Or never had any to begin with. He hesitates to even talk with DS. Dude, just ask how she is, that's it! No1 is saying to confess. I guess, we'll see depressed Taek now for the next 200 episodes. Yay! What-the-F-ever! -_-

No, soompi, you can't stop me from cursing. I'll always find ways! *taps furiously*

LOL.

Hi everyone:) i never posted here but now is the right time.

I actually died of laughter like really, nothing happened.:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: Now i get it why is episode named the irony of life(or smt like that i dont remember well).  It really is irony of life when viewers expect something important to happen and in the end nothing really happened. I wouldnt be suprised if they put DR in husband game after the break coz TK and JH now both play noble idiocy game. It was so sweet when he said that he suddenly missed DS. He kind of looks similar to future husband.

Thank you for all live recappers,

I am stuck on my seat, dont know what to do, dont know what to think, i am so speechless..no comment...i have a no expectation, but its really really too much already. In 6 episode this drama walking at the same circle again. Stuck...Going nowhere.... they draggy the TK confession for too long, and the ending he didnt do it (gosssshhh, why didnt do it earlier?) So the irony part is?that noble idiocy?waenyol...waenyol...really really annoying.

The funny think when i read live recap is NL singing in audition, Yes,he is a good singer but cant help i always remembering the adult NL  if NL is a singer later so that old ahjusshi a singer too???hahahahahahaha. And that wallet part, arrrrrrggggggjhjjjjjjhhjjsjssggss..

so my guess is right, there will be no preview coz maybe they havent even filming or even the script hasnt done yet, i am not shocked when there is really no preview. the slow pace in this drama for me its the worst case. Sometimes i enjoy the slow pace, but this is already too much. is it too much to ask a bit development for the triangle love?i already asked this for 2 weeks but still i see the same plot again and again and again,

Gooossshhh, i hope they dont make a rush story for the next episode and makes the rest episode perfectly well done with high quality editing and story.my precious 2 weeks of waiting must being paid and makes this drama worth to see after that long waiting. I need to live my real life now. Wanna take a breath for a moment from this drama.

Guest juniorette

This week, while rewatching ep 13&14, I made peace with the thoughts we would not get any real romance until ep 20. So now, I can relax and enjoy the show much more. Also, I must say I do not like when characters come together too early in their life. Imho, and ime as a 40 y.o, it's neither realistic nor wise (see "Valid love"it deals with this problem perfectly) if DS/Taek/JH begin their love story at 18. But if, like with R97, they part and meet again when they are mid-20's, it can keep the freshness of "1rst love",  w/o the "growing pains" problems (ime, people still mature  a lot between 18 and 25. But most people show their adult face and definitive personality by the time they are 25 ; hence my "Valid Love reference)

My opinion only....

Irony life = Watching Reply 88 :))

I dont know but thanks god there's no preview tonight. If they showed the preview, we would be trolled to death :)))
Since everything is really clueless now. 

It was just April 1, all boys gave up their love. The girl doesnt know about their love. So when will they finish the university entrance exam and when will the triangle restart since there's only 4 episodes left? For other characters too. Sunbora slow down their relationship for their future. Everything was reset and turned back to the starting point.

I will say that it is completely true to life that someone may take years to tell another person they love them. It is also true to life that best friends may put their friendship before their romantic feelings for the same person out of loyalty and love. 

And I definitely appreciate how this show strives to be realistic and portrays love in all the very small ways that mean big things - like today when Bora's Dad waited for her by himself out in the cold to give her medicine, or Taek's Dad talking to Taek about wanting someone by his side. The warmth is genuine and deeply felt; these are things that enhance the show. 

But as someone who is watching the main love line taking its sweet sweet sweeeeet time to play out... this is really frustrating and aggravating, hah. Just like real life, I suppose. Basically this post is me trying to calm myself down. Thank you for reading, lol. 

Life's irony part 1 

Maybe this series very well reflects real life situations wherein nothing is really happening, it's all prattle and we all enjoy Reply 1988 because of these mundane-ness (friendship, love, family, school, etc). Just like the movie Boyhood, there's is nothing happening, there wasn't even a spectacle or a huge climactic conflict that made one bawl or frustrated-- but in the end, it seems to have achieved giving the audience bits of bliss after the movie. We want our own ships to sail, fast paced and heart fluttering-- but in real life, it's hard to really confess and start relationships with friends you've been with since forever. 

BUT WHAT THE ACTUALLLLLLLLL KLAJDLAKSJD was this 6 episodes of running in circles?!?!?! we could've gotten so much scenes.. so much angst.. so much hurt.. instead of being in a limbo, hanging for dear life with barely nothing to keep us going on.

god. we all love to hate this drama so much but in the end we still love it, we replay it, we keep on guessing and making theories, and trying to figure out props placements, colors, music cues-- that's the irony.

we can't help but love this.
we wanted this.
and there's no escape.

See you next year, and may everyone survive the long wait.

/sends hugs and pizza/

I've listed down what the predicted character's careers would be in the future based on theories i've gathered from this thread and on the show itself

• DS- Actress or flight attendant
  • JH- Producer or doctor
  • Taek- Legendary baduk coach 
  • Bora- Lawyer or Politician
  • DR- Comedian 
  • SW- Lawyer/Prosecutor or Engineer 
  • Naeul- Singer 
  • JB- Mi ok's rich loving husband :D
  • Jenny wong (ds chingu 1) - Hairdresser

Archived