[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, carolinedl said:

As some of you know, one of the things I like the best about the Reply series is the music.

My question:

If you had to choose one song that Reply 1988 made you discover and which you adore, which one would it be?

Mine:

Just one! (I know it's hard, I had a hard time choosing only one....)

Note: Feel free to skip this post if you wanna ;)

I find it very surprising at how old songs that were played in the drama are actually really good. I never expected myself to like any old songs, especially Korean old songs, cause I never thought they'd be my style. But, jinjja I need to thank the PD and music director for choosing awesome songs and make them as REPLY BGM.

MY FAVORITE SONG R88 MADE ME DISCOVER THAT I ADORE IS:

Byun Jin Sub - Back to you again.

This song was first played (I think, and if I'm not wrong) in Episode 18. Seeing how many of you are re-watching the episodes, y'all can find the scene where this song was first played. This song is beautiful just as it is. It could make me cry a river, even though I don't even understand the lyrics. 

Sorry, but i can't just choose one song hahaha, this other song is also my favorite!

Kim Hyun Chul - Neighborhood.

I can't just choose one because there are just many old songs that I love from the reply series. Neighborhood is a really really nice song and it applies to the story told in the drama itself.

I'm also very surprised at how old songs can be remade into modern songs that are sooo good. An example is the R88 OST Little Girl by Ohyuk. The remake of that song is a success IMO. 

Spoiler

This is out of topic, but I wanna recommend you guys to watch some of my favorite Immortal Songs covers of old songs done by my favorite IS2 singers:

Moon Myung Jin - You in My Arms:

Moon Myung Jin - As Time Passes

Son Seung Yeon - Since Then, For a Long Time

8 minutes ago, hailaft said:

@lala14 ugh I know right, sometimes I still teared up when I listened to the song :tears:

@namunamuyeppeo lemme join! Funniest scene in episode 7 :D

Oh my god! That's like one of my favorite scenes too! Hahaha their friendship is so cute! I wish I have a guy friend like that. My life would be so fun! Seeing JH surrendering himself and gave the book to DS is just funny in my eyes, like "fine fine, you win! I'll give it to you. Happy????!"

3 minutes ago, namunamuyeppeo said:

Oh my god! That's like one of my favorite scenes too! Hahaha their friendship is so cute! I wish I have a guy friend like that. My life would be so fun! Seeing JH surrendering himself and gave the book to DS is just funny in my eyes, like "fine fine, you win! I'll give it to you. Happy????!"

lol and DS acting nonchalant before attacking him, ugh I can't, they're too cute. I still want to watch BTS of this scene. It'll be really hilarious. :D:D

Hello @m3lon4 welcome to the thread, it took me awhile too to come out of the woodwork and post on the MT.  :)

First off, I cannot respond to your reaction towards packmule's JB's character analysis. You specifically called her out on it, and it's not my rightful place to answer. I will however give you props for pointing out who owns the board game. I believe other people would have pointed out that minor error but @uremysunshine was quicker than the rest. As for how the issue of ownership will affect the analysis, I believe not that much.. same conclusion.

I absolutely love reading intelligent analysis about the show. Beyond the obvious issues of family, friendship and romance chronicled in the series, the writing is chockful of easter eggs and analogies (Baduk!) that just blows my mind. It's a testament to how wonderful this show is just by the amount of new analysis to this day still popping out in and outside of Soompi. So I cannot say this enough, Writer LWJ and PD Shin are brilliant BAMFs. And I will not stop giving them credit more or where it's due. 

I like reading packmule's posts. Her postulations are always refreshing and they challenge me to think outside of the box. Do I agree with all of them? No. For instance, there are probably 2-3 chocolate theories floating on the threads right now and hers is not the one I gravitate to. Do I feel personally aggrieved because we don't share the same views? Not at all. Thankfully, I have the good sense of humor and clarity of mind to understand that we're only talking about fictional characters in a fictional universe and to never ever let differences in opinion affect my self-worth or my day. I can substantiate my own assertions and remain confident in them while still be able to high-five packmule or any other member with a different view.

So please please don't let a different point of view stop you from posting on the MT. Your interpretation is just as important as remarks about Oppa's choco abs.  By all means counter. Smartly, support assertions with facts. Debate but be rational and leave your personal feelings aside. You and you alone are responsible for your own feelings. If massive feelz overrides decorum.. ignore or log off, it's just a show. Real life trumps fiction.

I'm always thrilled to see new members popping up and get this forum moving with lively and positive discourse about the show and I look forward to see you be part of it. And yes I agree with you TK and DS make a very lovely couple and the endgame is legit :heart:

14 minutes ago, hailaft said:

lol and DS acting nonchalant before attacking him, ugh I can't, they're too cute. I still want to watch BTS of this scene. It'll be really hilarious. :D:D

Yesyesyesss I really wanna see the BTS of this scene too! I'd love to see BTSes for other scenes too, btw, like the JH-DS alley scene which, according to Ryu Jun Yeol, took 3 hours to film. I also wanna see the BTS for the confession scene!!! I think that particular scene deserves to have a BTS for us (at least) to see :)

AH JINJJA CAN I JOIN THE SSANGMUNDONG SQUAD PLEASEEEE... LOOK AT THESE ADORABLE KIDS DANCING AND HAVING FUN!

Episode 4: #throwbackR88

tumblr_o1fmwffjQa1tulljko1_400.giftumblr_o1fmwffjQa1tulljko2_400.gif

I really LOVE this scene because it shows how everyone can have fun as teenagers! Look!! even Taek who is usually reserved dances with his friends, and the "tsundere" Junghwan is also dancing along!

My imagination forces me to see the ssangmundong squad going to the noraebang together and sing their heart out as adults hahaha. How funny would that be, right? I really wanna see how adult DR's singing skill has progressed since the audition thingy :lol: 

Gif Credits/Source: http://kepogee.tumblr.com/ 

Me too, I will remain forever salty over the fact that they skip all the BTS from ep 15 to 19 :(

I need the BTS of all the kiss scenes :tears:

Our 3 couples always look so passionate while filming it :wub: :phew:

tumblr_o1myk5EThz1to1fhoo2_540.jpg

And I especially want to see Hyeri getting nervous over the kiss while Bogum pretending he's ok and lead her well for her sake :rolleyes:
Cuteness overload :wub:

5 minutes ago, PiggyKid said:

Me too, I will remain forever salty over the fact that they skip all the BTS from ep 15 to 19 :(

Our 3 couples always look so passionate while filming it :wub: :phew:

And I especially want to see Hyeri getting nervous over the kiss while Bogum pretending he's ok and lead her well for her sake :rolleyes:

Oh yess, I would love a BTS for the kissing scenes too!!! If I'm not wrong PBG said in his interview that he was kind of awkward after the kissing scenes with Hyeri but he tried to cool down the atmosphere so they both can be comfortable after that? He's a very charming namja!

(im sorry if this is out of topic), but is it PBG's first kissing scene? and is it Hyeri's first kissing scene too? If yes, then it must have been VERY memorable!

:blush:

59 minutes ago, namunamuyeppeo said:

Note: Feel free to skip this post if you wanna ;)

I find it very surprising at how old songs that were played in the drama are actually really good. I never expected myself to like any old songs, especially Korean old songs, cause I never thought they'd be my style. But, jinjja I need to thank the PD and music director for choosing awesome songs and make them as REPLY BGM.

MY FAVORITE SONG R88 MADE ME DISCOVER THAT I ADORE IS:

Byun Jin Sub - Back to you again.

This song was first played (I think, and if I'm not wrong) in Episode 18. Seeing how many of you are re-watching the episodes, y'all can find the scene where this song was first played. This song is beautiful just as it is. It could make me cry a river, even though I don't even understand the lyrics. 

Sorry, but i can't just choose one song hahaha, this other song is also my favorite!

Hi! I too love this song. This song was played in episodes 18 and 19 but mainly used in 19 for the DSxTaek kiss at the hotel. Here's the english translation so you can appreciate it more.

Are you trying to come back to me again?

Are you confused because you don’t know I love you?

We can’t go back to the way we were.

But like spring comes after winter melts

You just have to come to me.

Think of our breakup as a long night

My heart still yearns for you like this.

So why are you being hesitant?

Don’t look back.

More than the days we spent apart,

There are days for us to spend together

Are you confused because you don’t know I  love you?

Hope this helps. BTW there are a lot of covers of this song. Sandeul's and Byul's respective covers are my favorites. Both songs were sang in Immortal Song.

26 minutes ago, PiggyKid said:

Ohmigod, I would give anything to be a fly on the wall behind the scenes watching all ALL THE KISS SCENES of this two.

26 minutes ago, PiggyKid said:

She mentioned about how they had to keep the mood going for 2-3 hours, the atmosphere must be pretty CHARGED I can only imagine. That photo above says a lot. I can say with absolute certainty, that I can't be an actress.. I would absolutely be goner if my co-lead looks at me like that.

tumblr_o1myk5EThz1to1fhoo2_540.jpg

And THIS...

tumblr_nz4ga5uzg41ubg3nbo1_400.gif

♥♥♥

I've always seen the Ssangmundong kids as very innocent, like how teenagers were really like in the past, but seeing how IRL they can be super duper handsome and beautiful like this is just wowww.

This makes me wonder how the drama would look like if the title is Reply 2015, like the squad would look like this?

Dong-ryong :lol:: So handsome!!!

tumblr_o1lokdTEyh1v4n7e5o1_1280.jpg

Taek :astonished:: Oh my God, please... He's just too hot! That hairstyle!!!

tumblr_o0q620EwXK1rphwnwo1_500.jpg

Junghwan :love:: Yesss, please! Kyaaaaaa~ (but that nike socks, though)

Seonwoo :blush:: O.O Seonwoo yaa, that GAZE!

tumblr_ny28y8WNfH1qfwlugo2_540.jpg

Deokseon :heart:: OMO Deokseon-aaah! You're the prettiest among the prettiest okaaay!

tumblr_nyp1bgCKTW1rjzfjko2_250.gif

Favorite song would be:

I love the lyrics and the melody. I still think this song is DS's song for Taek.

Favorite Scene would be:

I just love how DS and Taek stay real to their real selves when they're together. This give the Baduk people a glimpse of the real Taek and his crazy girl. Just love this scene.

24 minutes ago, cooleet said:

Hi! I too love this song. This song was played in episodes 18 and 19 but mainly used in 19 for the DSxTaek kiss at the hotel. Here's the english translation so you can appreciate it more.

Are you confused because you don’t know I love you?

We can’t go back to the way we were.

But like spring comes after winter melts

You just have to come to me.

Think of our breakup as a long night

My heart still yearns for you like this.

So why are you being hesitant?

Don’t look back.

More than the days we spent apart,

There are days for us to spend together

Are you confused because you don’t know I  love you?

Hope this helps. BTW there are a lot of covers of this song. Sandeul's and Byul's respective covers are my favorites. Both songs were sang in Immortal Song.

BTW thanks!! Its really hard to find the english subs for thing soong!! Really appreciate it! Now i can actually listen to the song and understand the meaning :) 

Oh yees, I watched Sandeul's performance and it was great, havent watched byul's though! Thank you for the infoo

This is what i love about forums hehe makes my life easier to find interesting bits like this!

5 hours ago, melissala said:

She pains you AND raises your blood pressure, but that's fine to say, but she can't analysis a kdrama in well thought out posts? 

Analysis posts are here to stay and are allowed by soompi rules and the mods. I'd much rather read a deep analysis about the drama or characters, than drive by posts about your favorite (insert something here).  Those are fine too, but both should be welcome here.  And as for sympathy, well it's been weeks since the drama ended.  We are all adults. Time to move on and get over it. A kdrama shouldn't ruin your day. 

I find people being afraid of posting their views, no matter how poorly supported, on this forum very distressing.  It is an open public forum that should welcome ideas from all perspectives.  Since learning happen in spaces of community and contention, let have folks share their honest thoughts civilly. Putting ideas out allows them to be tested and and give the poster an opportunity to "shore up" their thinking or abandon them for not holding water.  I think it is possible to engage honestly with different ideas without staging attack under false flags in hopes of triggering skirmishes.  

Beyond that I am even more concern that people are being put into psychological distress with physical manifestation over online posts about fictional characters whose fates were sealed by the R1988 creative team over three weeks ago. This is a cause for concern since it is not healthy. Ultimately people must take care of their own physical and mental health and avoid things that are detrimental for their wellbeing. People must be responsible to themselves because no one can protect their feelilngs but themselves in a space set up for a free flow of ideas where people working within the criteria of the forum for civility is still causing them pain. 

:frown: Please take care of yourselves!

Hi @mellinadear

I assume you were not directing you post t me, but I wanted to use your post as a chance to address some things. 

"We all have insulted each other, Reported each other, Banned each other, Called each other delusional, Defended ourselves, "TAKEN OVER MT" (yes, both ships did and you can try to deny it all you want but deep down inside of you, you know its the truth). 

What did we gain from all of this? HATRED AND DISLIKE FOR EACH OTHER. "

I have never insulted anyone in this forum. Now people might have "felt" insulted by my post but that has never been my intention.

I have never reported anyone.

I have never banned anyone--even though I do feel some behaviors has been way beyond civil and veer toward the seriously scary. 

I have not called anyone delusional. Although some responses . . .

I have however responded, politely, when attacked by name.

AND I do not hate anyone on the thread. Hate is time and energy intensive and no one here has earn enough of my attention for me waste time hating them or even thinking about them. 

But like you, I do wish that all commenter on the thread would give peace a chance. :heart: :blush:

@packmule3 Thanksfor another great post of yours ;)

To add in things that make/imply JB being a thief...

HERE WE GO AGAIN, OUR MANITTO GAME IN EP 7

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-05%20at%2011.54.

WAIT! WHAT IS THAT TIN GUYSSS?

Cre: owner

This is actually LOTTE FRUIT CANDY in the 1980s.

I THOUGHT LOTTE WAS THE ORIGINAL PRODUCER OF THESE CANDIES BUT...

You guys can find out more info here :)

<read, so that you can find out how such small details link to R88 and Korean society>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charms_Blow_Pops

I was unable to find where/when/how/why Lotte had bought the trademark/design of these candies from Tootsie Roll. But when the tins from 2 different brands looked exactly the same, with the same shaped candies inside, something was wrong about COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Lotte even changed the name of their candies into "LOTTE FRUIT CANDIES" when it was originally "CHARMS SOUR BALLS".

And guess what, @hafunohane pointed out that JB even put HIS NAME ON ALL THE PAPER SLIPS for the first row, in THAT tin hahaha. What a joke! 

In JB's voice: "It's a test"

Me: Hahahahaha. Yeah you are testing me with that brand name JB!

Nowadays, Lotte has changed the packaging AND the colors of these candies:

UNCOVERED DETAIL: WHY DID JB USE THAT VERY TIN CAN FOR THE MANITTO GAME?

Off Topic... Edited by Moderator

:)

24 minutes ago, PiggyKid said:

@namunamuyeppeo It is Hyeri's first onscreen kiss :D As for Bogum he had 1 other kiss scene in his previous drama Wonderful Mama, but it was just a lightly peck on the lips so it doesnt really count i guess haha :phew:

Oh my god thats really interesting to know!

(Sorry if this is oot too) but Im definitely gonna watch that peck on the lips clip! Must be so cute hehehe

@namunamuyeppeo And his character in that drama is the total opposite of our Taekie too :) I'm really amazed by how talented he is, His roles and acting are always so diverse and different :D

But sadly the "kiss" scene there looks just like 2 barbie dolls kissing each other though (very stiff and kinda emotionless might i add) :vicx: Unlike the kiss in our drama :phew:

Archived