[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

d.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Naver: [Exclusive] Ryu Junyeol, Ahn Jae Hong, Go Kyung Pyo and Park Bogum to head to Africa for 'Youth Over Flowers'

1. [+19,528, -118] Heol daebak.....

2. [+18,903, -125] Na Young Seok PD is crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+9,826, -103] ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠWow daebak

4. [+8,056, -109] That's really daebak ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅠㅠ

5. [+8,152, -637]  Heol Bogum-ah. Daebak...

6. [+4,315, -38] Dongryong-ah, where are you? Do you hear me?

7. [3,405, -27] Please take Dongryong with youㅠㅠㅠㅜㅠ

8. [+2,854, -26] Having fun while on vacation but got kidnapped on the spot ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋAs expected of Na PD

9. [+2,499, -27] Daebakㅋㅋㅋ This will be the best YOF series everㄷㄷ Definitely gonna watch it

10. [+2,534, -47] Heol daebak!!!!!!!God Young Seok!!!! But where's Lee Dong Hwi? It would be a shame if you don't take him with you ㅠㅠㅠ

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f6.jpg

Star News - Nate: 'Youth Over Flowers', Na Young Seok PD kidnaps Ryu Junyeol, Go Kyung Pyo and Ahn Jae Hong in Phuket 

1. [+1,110, -30] As expected of Na PD.. I can already picture how good this will turn out, but why aren't they taking Dongryong with them?

2. [+942, -18] Daebak! He went all the way abroad to kidnap them ㅎㅎ How does he come up with these ideas? Just when they're preparing to go home, they got kidnapped and be taken to somewhere farther away. Make good use of these it boys^^

3. [+683, -7] Kyaa! You guys are the next sacrificial lambs ~~ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Daum
1. [+4,582, 71] Na PD-nim.. Thank you for kidnapping them

2. [+3,656, -71] Bless you Na PD-nim ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

3. [+2,605, -92] I hope Reply 1988 gets a sequel

4. [+1,084, -17] Should've kidnapped Dongryong too

Nate 
1. [+623, -15] Woah that must be tiring. Bogum flew this morning from Phuket because he has a Music Bank schedule and then he's leaving for Africa right after his Music Bank taping

2. [+584, -12] ㅋㅋㅋEven Bogum!!! I'm really looking forward to these boysㅠㅠ A shame that Lee Dong Hwi couldn't join them

3. [+516, -15] Why do I feel like this is gonna be the best YOF ever ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

dsj.jpg

Xports News - Naver: 'Youths Over Flowers', Enjoy their first dine out "Not just youths who have hardships"

1. [+1,689, -60] Is it true that Jung Bong, Taek and Junghwan are heading to Africa for YOF's next season?

2. [+1,112, -11] A few hundred thousand KRW for eating out once is really expensive ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ Now I get why they didn't let them dine out

3. [+890, -26] Someday, my youthfulness will fade away

4. [+572, -12] It feels like Christmas every single day in Iceland

5. [+604, -30] Ah I really love the Four Stones ♡♡ They're so much fun to watch!! Na PD did a great job organizing the lineup~~~!!!

6. [+132, 0] That's right. Young people deserve happiness!!!! Youths of South Korea, let's cheer up!!

CR: kkuljaem

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/01/na-pd-kidnaps-ryu-junyeol-ahn-jae-hong.html

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ that devious Na-PD. I guess this is our sequel, except only with the boys around 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read the news yesterday. I've been following Na Pd works since 2d1n season 1. Lee seung gi adorable Na Pd impression is still the best! 3 meals a day, granpa, noona,  youth over flower .. And now, he kidnapped those 4! I've bet dong hwi are dying to go but have difficultes to join. This thread will keep alive after this bcoz of YOF. Daebak!!

7 hours ago, hushhh said:

Cut for focus.

-I agree with you on the information I keep in #3.

-I don't know if the creative team left clue or I just extrapolated and came up with that assumption, but to me, Taek being in his bed (not on the sofa) after he insisted that he couldn't sleep in the bed and let DS have the sofa suggests that he didn't sleep on the sofa for any time that night.

Folks might suggest that he got into bed after DS got out of bed. Maybe???? But why I am most convinced that they spent the night together (beyond DS joyful satisfaction)  was the fact that medicine set up which had been in the living room was moved to the bedroom. If Taek has taken his pills in the living room that night there would be no reason to move it into the bedroom to finish sleeping because he wouldn't have needed another dose.  

The more reasonable explanation, to my mind, is that they took the medicine into the bedroom together expecting that Taek would take it. They sent time in bed together, DS returned to her room not to create a scandal, especially having the media broadcast the rumor before their parents being told would be awful. After she left Taek was able to sleep without the help of pills. 

That is one of the reason why I think the camera lingered on the medicine set-up. If that wasn't the implication they could have kept the medicine in the living room and lingered on it there.  I think the other reason is to indicate that with DS by his side Taek doesn't need pills.

Of course they could have just stayed up all night sharing flashback then once the concierge was back DS went home. So much less interesting.

Hai @hushhh How are you bae?

Less interesting indeed. I mean Reply 1997 and 1994 had more intimate scenes than 1988. SW and YJ practically screaming already went the sleeping together phase. NJ and Oppa ya is already acostum being in bed together before they were couple even though just cuddling. 

So why not DS and TK? Why? We are not children, we can watch some more intimate thing or just the indication towards it right? And TK character himself is not one who shy in that area. If TK had been potrayed as a shy boy, I don't even know what to call JH. 

I agree with you. Why TK move the medicine if he hadn't taken it. Even if he had taken it he will taken it at the living room of the hotel. He was not that meticulous with daily thing to begin with. Somebody must have move it (DS). 

Omg to the thought of DS as TK sleeping pills.. If that man had his way there will be no sleeping between them! All he wants to do is hugh, cuddle, and kiss everytime they were together. Their skin just had to touch with each other. I love how TK smile when DS is around. But I love him being scold better, hahaha. He was like mumbling "No" when DS said, "Do you want to die?" and hold his heart when his girl screaming at him. Sooo cuteeee! He can be firm but he has no chance when DS said "I love you". Decades of love can do that to someone, hm? 

Maybe the bed scene is not in line with the family theme thing. Jeez, such a shame. I have family but I don't mind PBG bed scene, with whoever or whatever theme kekeke. But Hyeri's acting is kindda worrisome though. Maybe they cut it because she was not ready for it yet? The girl can act but still not polished to that level yet. 

What bug me is the ending though. A lot of things are not being explained, unlike the previous Reply. Like how the boys was, the parents condition, where are they moving, are they still in contact with each other. There is no explanation, whatsoever, about JH and DR. It feels incomplete. Maybe they were running out of time? It will be better if they extended though. So it won't feel so rushed. 

Omg to the YOF thing!! I can imagine PBG is scratching his head to this right now. Isn't he busy nowadays with MuBank and modelling thing and RJY too? How they even set the schedule? Only Na PD can make those thing happen. If he can dragged Kim Haneul from an award show, he can drag anyone! It's too bad LDH can come. It will so much more fun if he's around. 

But to me what matter is my precious pure church boy, PBG. That boy don't curse, drink, or smoke. How will he handle Africa and the stress from unexpected trip? How did he manage to get out of this one? Omg, Bogum-ah.. Noona is dying to see your reaction! But he got RJY to back him up. That Hyung is in love with him too if we noted the bts. So no worries.

When is this going to air anyway? After the Oppa-ya YOF? Had any of the boys ever have a backpacked trip? It's not easy, I can tell you that much, and it's Africa. When will I come to Africa? Hm.. Envy them. I heard Africa (any country in the continent) have much stricter rules than other continent since there are still epidemic diseases, such as malaria, etc but I don't know if it's true though. I never googled about it since it only pain my heart because I don't have the budget to go. But if it's true, I can imagine Na PD and crew must have had a hell of preparation before. 

Fighting for YOF! Na PD, you're the man and I love you for taking my Bogumie and Junyeolie to a trip! I'm looking forward to it. 

I just finish the final episode. :tears: tears on sung woo invitation to papa bear & bo ra with papa dong il. Me, myself a lot like bora n his dad. We r unable to express ourselves to each other. Even with modern technology like whatsapp, we still keep it bottled up. I want to buy him shoe or sandal but he wont give his size. At the end, i bought a bigger size. I'm glad that i have other sibling like deok sun - cheerful n bright to keep my parents happy. 

the last part when they move away. Living in the city always end up like this. U have to give way for development. Ssangmundong was transformed to a high rise apartment. From what i understand:

- Jung hwan & deok sun family move to Bangyo together. The choice was decided by JH's appa n Dong Il just follows (u can see his shocked to know there was nothing there when the mover driver told him). Il hwa must knew beforehand from cheetah ahjumma. 

- Sun woo & taek family - of course they r together. Papa bear wants to give happiness to sung hyang. She suffered enough when she was a widow. He seems dotted on jin joo too. Apartment must be a modern living back then. 

- Dong ryong family? I dont know where they move - the scene is not in the drama. His father n career - driven mom must have a good fortune n living comfortably. Maybe, they just move nearer to their grandchildren. 

Such a moving drama. Tears n joy. I didnt know the houses were a set and they have to tear them down.! I though it was somebody else houses! The interior part of Dong Ryong's house is a museum, they said. As for now, my JH-DS couple was over, replaced by the cute couple DS-Teak. Taek matured by loving DS. i chosed SW-bora as my favourite couple. 

Thank u for giving us this drama to writer, actor/ess and production team. It will remain one of my favourites (but cannot win againts Do Manager's My love from another star << this one i addicted) . I'll rewatched this for years to come. :wub:

Hi guys, I just want to invite you all shippers or neutral viewer to join Reply 1988 rewatch from Ep 1 and read/ write discussions together in Shippers paradise thread for Choi Taek x Deok Sun. Good news, @packmule3 is back, and she will share her analyses and insights there as well. We know how detailed and precise her analyses can be right? This is going to be super fun. In fact, we already have the discussion going on right now. So dontmisset! :)

Since now we know who the husband is, the journey of revisiting the series will give us different kind of experience. Many details that we have missed because of the shipping as well as different interpretations are free to share. There, you can contest, argue, ogle, or lurk, as long as we do it maturely. We are waiting for you there!!

21 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Hai @hushhh How are you bae?

Less interesting indeed. I mean Reply 1997 and 1994 had more intimate scenes than 1988. SW and YJ practically screaming already went the sleeping together phase. NJ and Oppa ya is already acostum being in bed together before they were couple even though just cuddling. 

So why not DS and TK? Why? We are not children, we can watch some more intimate thing or just the indication towards it right? And TK character himself is not one who shy in that area. If TK had been potrayed as a shy boy, I don't even know what to call JH. 

I agree with you. Why TK move the medicine if he hadn't taken it. Even if he had taken it he will taken it at the living room of the hotel. He was not that meticulous with daily thing to begin with. Somebody must have move it (DS). 

Omg to the thought of DS as TK sleeping pills.. If that man had his way there will be no sleeping between them! All he wants to do is hugh, cuddle, and kiss everytime they were together. Their skin just had to touch with each other. I love how TK smile when DS is around. But I love him being scold better, hahaha. He was like mumbling "No" when DS said, "Do you want to die?" and hold his heart when his girl screaming at him. Sooo cuteeee! He can be firm but he has no chance when DS said "I love you". Decades of love can do that to someone, hm? 

Maybe the bed scene is not in line with the family theme thing. Jeez, such a shame. I have family but I don't mind PBG bed scene, with whoever or whatever theme kekeke. But Hyeri's acting is kindda worrisome though. Maybe they cut it because she was not ready for it yet? The girl can act but still not polished to that level yet. 

What bug me is the ending though. A lot of things are not being explained, unlike the previous Reply. Like how the boys was, the parents condition, where are they moving, are they still in contact with each other. There is no explanation, whatsoever, about JH and DR. It feels incomplete. Maybe they were running out of time? It will be better if they extended though. So it won't feel so rushed. 

@solelylurking

Heeeey!

I've gotten into the habit of checking the thread and of course there isn't much news about R1988, just about the actors. This isn't bad, but my focus has always been the story.

Just got back for a 12hour stint directing a new piece for the university 24hours playfest. 

THe entire thing went well and my piece was very well received. I usually work with BA  but this time it was mostly BFA so it was a treat. It almost made having to sow up at 7:00 a.m. worthwhile. Almost not quite.  ARGGG.  The sun wasn't even up.

I guess I don't have the sense of dissatisfaction that some viewers had with R1988 because I never watched the earlier iterations, so I don't really have much to compare it with. 

I'm not familiar with Hyeri's work. I think she might have been the youngest of the teenagers --> in the cast.  I don't know her experience so . . .  I can't really judge.

Today I had choose from my cast of two men and two woment who would play the lead couple, and because I wanted there to be some sexual heat I ask the woman if she could touch the guy's chest as if she owned him and ask him if it was okay with that.  They both said yes, but I also know that I didn't have time to work on it if they were just saying so for casting, so I said "do it," and they did.  Later in rehearsal the other couple was doing something that wasn't quite what was needed, so the assistant director asked if they could make out. They said yes and proceed to so so with appropriate enthusiasm. But then, they are BFA in training. Me, when I was acting I was mainly a pain because there was a point we were a week from opening and I still wasn't kissing the other actor.  Really I would fail my own criteria--which is why I never cast me. LOL.

I'm reposting this here because I think it'll be interesting to have an open discussion on this topic, while maintaining harmony in the shipper's thread. The drama's over, the husband is Taek, and they're all lovey-dovey. I'm happy with that and I'm not here to start a war with anyone. Peace.

When, why and how did DS start falling in love with Taek?

Some people attribute it to the kiss, or the princess swoop. Some others believe that DS had been in love with Taek ever since they were kids. For various reasons, I found it difficult to join either camps. Here is my take on this topic, based on my subjective understanding of the story.

Grow Up and Marry Me

DS: Drink a lot of milk and grow big, my little Taek! You have to hurry and grow up so you can marry me.

23932142754_5d8da07b0e_o.png

What DS said to Taek in ep 2 underlined her perception of Taek in the earlier episodes. Growing up together as childhood friends made it difficult for DS to recognise Taek’s transition from a boy to a man. She saw Taek as a boy, not as a man.

The writer quickly refuted DS’ opinion by sending DS’ own parents as messengers. Taek was all grown up already.

24560310955_0355d9ddbb_o.png

Evidently, a crucial turning point in TK-DS’ sibling-like relationship would be the moment DS started seeing Taek as a man. And that happened in China, when DS watched Taek take part in competitive Baduk for the very first time.

The writer started setting up for this scene in ep 6, when it was revealed that DS had never watched Taek play during a competition.

24534143056_0b84c5fe5c_o.png

It was the first time DS saw Taek in a suit and she couldn’t help stealing glances at him in the lift. Then, she witnessed how Taek handled the rookie reporter with composure. Finally, she caught Taek smoking. In all three instances, it appeared as if DS was lost for words. Her childhood friend had suddenly become a mysterious and manly stranger. This wasn't the Taek DS had known all her life. 

24534150516_80e17171ea_z.jpg

24264785340_f89ccdb6db_o.png

She was in unfamiliar territory – a business hotel in China – and even her childhood friend suddenly seemed like a stranger. But instead of being thrown off by it, she was fascinated. That's why she went on to cross the line.

Crossing the Line

While much has been discussed about Taek crossing the line, DS herself had crossed a couple of those proverbial lines too.

She entered the world of Baduk. Even though her dad had originally intended for her to learn the game, DS remained clueless about it. Ep 9 marked her first foray into the world of Baduk. By ep 13, she roughly knew what was going on, but still managed to get the name “Fujitsu” wrong. She finally became a Baduk person in ep 19.

24534139936_39e1057fc0_o.png

24452010902_782ee01030_o.png

DS had no interest in learning Baduk. But she wanted to enter Taek’s world. He was always cooped up in his room studying the game. So to understand his world, she had to understand Baduk.

She chose to wear Taek’s pink sweater. If you think about it, DS was careful to pack Taek’s clothes, his camera and even two heating mats from home. It seemed unlikely that she would fail to pack enough clothes for herself.

The only explanation is, she had secretly decided to wear Taek’s sweater. For the past two days, her childhood friend became a manly, mysterious stranger, and it intrigued her. She had full access to his luggage, so that morning, she decided to try on his pink sweater.

She probably had never worn Taek's clothes before. After all, they stayed ten steps away from each other. What reason could there be for DS to wear his clothes? There's something intimate about wearing someone else's clothes. The way it feels against your skin, and being enveloped by the scent of that person. I could imagine her heart fluttering as she put on that sweater.

And as I replay the phototaking scene, I believe something special happened between the two there and then.

DS: Damn it… I don’t look pretty today.

She didn’t wear the sweater because she looked pretty in it. Sure, she liked pink. But she chose to wear it because it was Taek’s sweater.

Taek: You look pretty.
DS: Really?
Taek: Yeah, your clothes are pretty, too.
DS: These clothes look okay?

DS was startled that Taek would mention her clothes. She paused slightly, before turning her head and asking him, “These clothes look okay?” A more literal translation of this question would be, “These clothes are okay?” She felt sheepish about wearing his clothes, and was indirectly asking for his permission. What she really meant was, “Is it okay to wear these clothes?”

Taek: Yeah.
DS: It’s your clothes.
Taek: Oh.

Taek clearly wasn’t expecting that answer. He stared ahead blankly for a while. He realised DS was secretly wearing his sweater, and he liked the thought of it. He couldn’t help breaking into a smile and wrapping his arm around DS’ shoulder, as if to say, “My girl is wearing my sweater.

23933507733_902f1fd4a7_o.png

See how the short conversation changed the mood completely. The trip to China was pivotal in changing DS’ perception of Taek. It also helped Taek ascertain his feelings towards DS.

To add on:
The writer reinforced this change in DS' perception in ep 10 - right after the China trip - through this scene.

24574185815_19846df5f6_o.png

Taek: It's cold!
DS: It's not cold! Take yours off too.
Taek: I don't want to. It's cold. 
DS: It's not cold! Hurry up and take them off! 
(Taek shakes his head.)
DS: Geez... and you call yourself a man? Geez!

Taek did not actually "call himself a man". Ironically, people who need to verbally emphasise their self-identity are precisely those who are most insecure. Taek wasn't insecure, and he didn't need to remind anyone he was manly. So when DS said, "Geez... and you call yourself a man?", it was actually a reflection of her own perception of Taek. A few days back, she witnessed how Taek was in fact a confident, self-composed and handsome young man. She must have thought to herself, wow, Taek is all grown up. She began seeing him as a man.

Taek: Duk Seon! (blocks the ball from hitting her)

And as if DS needed further confirmation, Taek chivalrously blocked an oncoming volleyball for her.

DS: Oh. You're a man after all.
Taek: Hey. Of course I'm a man. Do I look like a woman?

Obviously DS didn't think that Taek was a woman. She thought he was still a boy. A small, defenceless boy who needed a noona to piggyback him. A naive, innocent boy who needed a noona to teach him vulgarities and fend him from sunbaenims with ill-intentions. But now it became clear to DS that Taek had grown up into a fine young man who was perfectly capable of protecting her.

@__jesse

While I agree with you that episode 9 was the likely turning point - she saw a different side of Taek (and then we, the viewers, saw a different side of her), I think I'm going to take on a more practical approach on a couple of your points :)

3 hours ago, __jesse said:

Evidently, a crucial turning point in TK-DS’ sibling-like relationship would be the moment DS started seeing Taek as a man. And that happened in China, when DS watched Taek take part in competitive Baduk for the very first time.

She chose to wear Taek’s pink sweater. If you think about it, DS was careful to pack Taek’s clothes, his camera and even two heating mats from home. It seemed unlikely that she would fail to pack enough clothes for herself.

The only explanation is, she had secretly decided to wear Taek’s sweater. For the past two days, her childhood friend became a manly, mysterious stranger, and it intrigued her. She had full access to his luggage, so that morning, she decided to try on his pink sweater.

She probably had never worn Taek's clothes before. After all, they stayed ten steps away from each other. What reason could there be for DS to wear his clothes? There's something intimate about wearing someone else's clothes. The way it feels against your skin, and being enveloped by the scent of that person. I could imagine her heart fluttering as she put on that sweater.

And as I replay the phototaking scene, I believe something special happened between the two there and then.

DS: Damn it… I don’t look pretty today.

She didn’t wear the sweater because she looked pretty in it. Sure, she liked pink. But she chose to wear it because it was Taek’s sweater.

Taek: You look pretty.
DS: Really?
Taek: Yeah, your clothes are pretty, too.
DS: These clothes look okay?

DS was startled that Taek would mention her clothes. She paused slightly, before turning her head and asking him, “These clothes look okay?” A more literal translation of this question would be, “These clothes are okay?” She felt sheepish about wearing his clothes, and was indirectly asking for his permission. What she really meant was, “Is it okay to wear these clothes?”

Taek: Yeah.
DS: It’s your clothes.
Taek: Oh.

Taek clearly wasn’t expecting that answer. He stared ahead blankly for a while. He realised DS was secretly wearing his sweater, and he liked the thought of it. He couldn’t help breaking into a smile and wrapping his arm around DS’ shoulder, as if to say, “My girl is wearing my sweater.” into a fine young man who was perfectly capable of protecting her.

I guess I figured that she just packed stuff for Taek first... then fit hers in where she could. Perhaps she had just brought one sweater. Perhaps she was so sleepy (she was nodding off on that day) that she didn't really care and just grabbed his sweater. Perhaps she just chose to wear it because she was cold and it looked comfortable. Perhaps she just saw it and just put it on. I don't think there was any romantic intent in her wearing his sweater. His stuff has been pretty much freely accessible and he was a friend she'd known forever.. so she didn't really think twice about putting it on. (If I'm going to say anything beyond what we got face value, maybe she just put it on thinking it was one of hers at first. She wore a long-sleeved pink shirt on the night they arrived... and this one was a long-sleeved pink sweater... and she realized only too late that she was wearing his sweater, but, oh, well, too late; it doesn't matter and he probably won't mind. XD) If she had worn it with romantic intent, then we'd have to assume that she fell hard and fast from a one-day exposure to this other side... and I believe her when she noted later that it was a slow burn. Love grew and they fell into a relationship naturally.

The part where he complimented her about her clothes and her reaction to it... I figured that was also just finding something to compliment her about to reassure her that she looked pretty. The expression was almost the same one he had when he complimented her on the orange lipstick in Episode 20, and her response was pretty much in the same vein. (ie, "Do you even understand the context of your compliment?" For this first one, "you're complimenting me in these clothes... do you even know whose they are?" For the latter, "you're comparing me to Lee Young Ae... do you even know who she is?") He got caught being clueless, but he really does think she's pretty. XD;

To add on:
The writer reinforced this change in DS' perception in ep 10 - right after the China trip - through this scene.

[screencap][screencap]

Taek: It's cold!
DS: It's not cold! Take yours off too.
Taek: I don't want to. It's cold. 
DS: It's not cold! Hurry up and take them off! 
(Taek shakes his head.)
DS: Geez... and you call yourself a man? Geez!

Taek did not actually "call himself a man". Ironically, people who need to verbally emphasise their self-identity are precisely those who are most insecure. Taek wasn't insecure, and he didn't need to remind anyone he was manly. So when DS said, "Geez... and you call yourself a man?", it was actually a reflection of her own perception of Taek. A few days back, she witnessed how Taek was in fact a confident, self-composed and handsome young man. She must have thought to herself, wow, Taek is all grown up. She began seeing him as a man.

I think this might be reading a lot into translation. The word used was "namja" (and later he said he was "namja", not "yoja"). While translation for "namja" is man, it can also be generalized as "male".. and the phrase "you call yourself a man?" is pretty much like "don't be such a girl". It's not a literal call-out to him having ever said out loud that he's a man. (ie, "You can't even put lipstick on and you call yourself a girl? What kind of a girl are you?", etc.) (If you have exposure to Japanese, it's also like the usage for "otoko".) I think this first part really was a throw-away comment...

...that has a callback for the second time she talks about being a man. (And, no, I don't think they have to be used the same way / account for the same topic or perspective in both statements.) I think that the second time, when she said, "so you are a man, after all," has a now added layer to the statement. I believe there was a flicker of recognition (that he was a man, not a boy.. and a man, not just a friend) when he protected her from being hit by the volleyball, though. It's the sort of action that, in fiction (and, perhaps, her romance novels) is seen as what some [swoon-worthy?] heroes do. I think the "friend view" is still prominent, but I do think that she was probably falling in love... and it's being brought about by these small moments/instances.

In any case... just responding to the discussion invitation. XD; 

p.s. Separate thought... and, again, I'm not sure if anybody posted about this before... I think I may have gone back about 100-200 pages on the forum :x I may have still missed it. But if I'm not mistaken, the two December dates on Deok Sun's (Deok Seon's, apparently) passport are the issue date and expiration date (one year from issue). They're a year ahead. XD;

vlcsnap-2016-01-24-01h30m45s58b.png

Hello everyone :)

This is my first post in this thread. I just finished watching this drama. I actually waited for this drama to finish first then I marathon all... I'm glad I did it like this cause the pain of waiting new episodes every week must have been so painful :D despite that, I always spoilering myself with reading the feedback from kkuljaem, NB etc hahahaha cant help it. the temptation is so strong kkkk

Now that I've finished this drama, I realized that this drama indeed have strong plot and strong execution of it. Overall I am very satisfied with it. I will put this drama as 2nd in my Reply Series cause R97 still my #1 hehe ;) 

I'm not involved in the husband hunting so much cause my fave couple is Sunwoo-Bora so I dont really mind who will Dukseon end up with. I love the beauty of family, friendship in this drama.... Dukseon's narration in the last episode really strike me the most... the memory, the nostalgia, the youth... something that we cant go back anymore... it'll be missed but we cant return to it... it's so beautiful that it made me cried to it... how life is simple at that time... 

Through this drama, I keep asking my mother how was her life at that time... in 1988. how old was she? what was she doing? how was the impact of Olympic '88 in my country at that time?  I've become so curious to know that era and how people are doing at that time... what's their entertainment sources at that time without the internet and all the technology we had now? I love this drama.... it make me have this curiousity hahahaha :D

I'm going to miss the life at Ssangmundong... the people... the song in that era... the fashion... I love this drama... Thank you Shin Wonho PD-nim, Lee Woojung Writer-nim, all the casts, all the production staffs for creating this wonderful and beautiful masterpiece. Thank you so much for bring the 80s era into the life of the current generation, for bringing the values that we've lost through out the life of chasing technology development, thanks again. It's a wonderful drama. Thank you. 

#endofrant #R88withdrawalsyndrome

Good article!

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=047&aid=0002106195

IE001916627_STD_99_20160124183605.jpg?ty

R1988 showed 'Social progress', the reason Taek-Deokson & Sunwoo-Bora couple shine.
-The story could be possible only because it was 1990s.

This article is about how the most sensitive issues of 1990s were well prepared, well structured and well described.

// It's freezing cold in Korea, -18'c .... I hope the boys in Namibia having a warm time.

@hushhh

Good luck on your drama. I would be a lousy actor myself kekeke. The thought of kissing someone I don't really like is indescribable. Hyeri's acting is overall very good though. It just that her interaction with Taeki after they officially dating is not as good. She kind of backed off a little bit while PBG went all out. So it's not as I thought.

You should try another Reply. I recommended 1997 as it was my fave. You will see a whole new side of Song Dong Il Appa and Il Hwa Eomma. And I love Siwon Yunjae couple too.

30 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

@hushhh

Good luck on your drama. I would be a lousy actor myself kekeke. The thought of kissing someone I don't really like is indescribable. Hyeri's acting is overall very good though. It just that her interaction with Taeki after they officially dating is not as good. She kind of backed off a little bit while PBG went all out. So it's not as I thought.

You should try another Reply. I recommended 1997 as it was my fave. You will see a whole new side of Song Dong Il Appa and Il Hwa Eomma. And I love Siwon Yunjae couple too.

Drama is over It was a hyper/hyping 24hour from creating to performance.

I'm a good (stage) actor. But if a director wait for me to get comfortable, he'll have a long wait.

I had a director who expected you to kiss at pretty much first rehearsal because that was what the script said --so you do it.

I agree with you on Hyeri.

Great news for YOF! I sure will watch!

Okie I just watched the series again with proper subtitles and there are many things I didn't realize the first time. Not intending to mention all but there's something I realized.

1) JH had exactly the same chances with DS as Taek and always FIRST one to have it, before Taek, and he DIDN'T act on it at all. 

2) Taek and DS were kind of fated. DS's dad was the one introduced baduk to Taek and it was because DS didn't want to go with dad so Taek went in her place. DS's parents like Taek a lot and her mom agreed when DS joked she should try to seduce him. Taek's dad meanwhile always think highly of DS cos he knew Taek liked her very much. 

I don't think JH's mom sees DS the same way though. They were close, yes, but as daughter in law, I'm not sure. 

DS's and Taek's family play a part in putting them together.

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

Drama is over It was a hyper/hyping 24hour from creating to performance.

I'm a good (stage) actor. But if a director wait for me to get comfortable, he'll have a long wait.

I had a director who expected you to kiss at pretty much first rehearsal because that was what the script said --so you do it.

I agree with you on Hyeri.

I forgot. Please do share what you think as someone who mingled with acting world about their interaction after their dating officially on PM. I forget to mention that. 

I hope you're not exhausted. A but a good fun never counted as work, I presume? Kekeke.

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

If TVN decided to make another Reply I wish the included Kim Sajang and Cheetah Eomma again along side Dong Il Appa and Il Hwa Eomma. That would be awesome, don't you think?

Totally agree! It'd be awesome if Ra Miran, Kim Sungkyun and maybe even Kim Sunyoung (Sunwoo's mom) and Choi Moosung (Taek's dad) could become "permanent" parents just like Sung Dongil and Lee Ilhwa :lol: I would love that

Archived