[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So TK decided to set up things with JH first and came to Seocheon. ok.

that means he didn't confess during and after consert in ep18. ok.

that also means DS oficially (for anyone else) took JH's confession as a joke. ok.

time goes by, they get news about SW and BR. I see SW's terms as: 
1. stop smoking 2. talking equal, no more "noona" at  all 3.marriage. that's ok, he is the man.

TK is told smth surprising, shoking in last few seconds of preview. It could be two things:

1. DS tells she took the photo out of JH wallet.

2. DS tells she didn't go home the night of the kiss, revealing it actually happened.

ok.... that will make different endgame))))

now the end of predictions.

and my patience got lost much earlier ))))))

1 minute ago, katakwasabi said:

RHY latest instagram pic with taek. It seems that she had deleted the previous pics of taek. Hmmmm.

BAebHQQQp8P

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAebHQQQp8P/

RHY is so pretty!!! Also I've been wondering about that freckle under her eye for the longest time. Like, I don't know if RHY really has one and it's covered up by make up all the time, or if Shin PD just added it for fun :)) (Like I noticed in animes, if girls have freckles/moles on their face, it's usually under their eye or near their mouth lol)

Ohh so much angst in that preview for episode 19. Can Friday please come faster?

The title of the episode "You Did Your Best" makes me think of the parents. Miran going through her menopause, Deoksun's dad being close to retirement. The parents did their best raising their children and working, now it's time for them to slow down and enter a new stage in their life. Ugh, nothing makes me more emotional than the family moments in Reply 1988 ;A;

There's also a lot of focus on Deoksun and Taek in the preview. I'm really curious about that hotel room scene. Judging from the clothes they're wearing it's from this picture. Did Deoksun follow Taek to another Baduk competition? The hotel room is looking quiet fancy as well

tumblr_o0ru71LLb21sgauc3o1_1280.jpg

@otomame yup, something related with baduk might be happened. Did you think ds follow tk for tournament? Just like she did in china :) since she is stewardness seems possible for her abroad and stay for a while in other country for waiting another flight,i think she visit tk at hotel. :)

And i assume what she said on preview " we re friends " sound like she want certainty about their relationship, like she talk heart to heart. No more lies :) because tk seems like surprise.

(do not look his eyes, i thought he just tired with tight shooting schedule, we saw his eyes like that when he kiss with ds)

21 minutes ago, tanaqvi said:

So TK decided to set up things with JH first and came to Seocheon. ok.

that means he didn't confess during and after consert in ep18. ok.

that also means DS oficially (for anyone else) took JH's confession as a joke. ok.

time goes by, they get news about SW and BR. I see SW's terms as: 
1. stop smoking 2. talking equal, no more "noona" at  all 3.marriage. that's ok, he is the man.

TK is told smth surprising, shoking in last few seconds of preview. It could be two things:

1. DS tells she took the photo out of JH wallet.

2. DS tells she didn't go home the night of the kiss, revealing it actually happened.

ok.... that will make different endgame))))

now the end of predictions.

and my patience got lost much earlier ))))))

reading your post made my thought fly and imagine "As Time Goes By" playing through the scene DS-TK talking about "we're friend". That song really playing alot in my mind lately

17 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

@otomame yup, something related with baduk might be happened. Did you think ds follow tk for tournament? Just like she did in china :) since she is stewardness seems possible for her abroad and stay for a while in other country for waiting another flight,i think she visit tk at hotel. :)

I totally forgot that our group is now grown-up and has jobs haha :'D The theory of Deoksun staying at a hotel because of her job as stewardess makes more sense, and yeah, she's probably staying or visiting the same hotel as Taek

5 hours ago, Naila Taher said:

Not gonna lie the last episode of reply 1998 totally ruined my Saturday. Honestly the pace of this drama was way too slow for my liking. Can't help but compare it to cheese in the trap. I don't even care about the ships or who she ends up with. My main concern and beef with the writer is why did she turn JungHwan into such a pathetic character is beyond me. I feel like the developments that are happening now should have happened way earlier in the series it's too late for joke confessions and beating around the bush. IMO it seems that Deoksun will date Taek while JungHwan dates other girls and than she will come to the realization that Taek is just a younger brother to her and the one who she really likes is JungHwan. With another timeskip to 1997. It would make sense because ep 18 was titled Goodbye my first love. JungHwan would have to get over Deoksun before he could date other girls. Before he finally realizes that he was never over her in the first place.

The way the story has progressed thus far it can be assumed that  writer always wanted Deoksun to end up with JungHwan if it suddenly changes to Taek that's a last minute script change. The reply writer always starts the dramas out great but she crashes and burns at the end getting swayed by public opinion and viewers. I really wish that reply like cheese was pre produced. That way the story would not get compromised because of public opinion.

Hi, when was she swayed by public opinion? In all the reply series imo it is quite clear who the husband is. 

Seeing a preview being posted suddenly sure was a surprise. So after watching it, I went to DC again (hoho) to see their reactions. You know that the previews are to be taken with a grain of salt, so are these theories, but here are some to what could happen anyways :D

Spoiler

What three conditions SW has for BR

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=reply1988&no=638139&page=1&recommend=1

SW, why are you here?

Yeah, let's start over again

But I have three conditions

Firstly, no secret dating anymore

Secondly, don't break up with me again

Thirdly, let's spend tonight together

LOL

Spoiler

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=reply1988&no=639936&page=1

Maybe in the scene where DS talks to TK saying but we're just friends... she was telling him that the kiss dream he had before was indeed real and that she pretended it was not real because they're just friends. Free to your interpretation lol. Maybe she lied because she liked him and was embarrassed or because they're just. friends.

Spoiler

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=reply1988&no=635561&page=3&recommend=1

About JH's wallet.

Maybe TK gave it to DS to give JH to let her see the picture. She was so happy seeing it (we never got a scene why JH was so upset staring at his wallet afterwards, was it because he thoght TK saw the picture, or because it was gone?) that she took it and forgot to put it back.

That's why JH asked TK before playing soccer. It should be DS or TK who has the picture. But TK says that he didn't see anything, implying that he didn't take it either. So it's DS who has it. She maybe put the picture into her own wallet later. And at the concert in the last episode where TK run to her he sees her wallet by accident and sees that she has the picture, profing that she likes JH back. And maybe TK is about to tell JH that?

Since we'll probably get to see some more flashbacks anyway next time, this seems plausible.... Fopeople who think that TK and DS will get together: Maybe DS threw the picture away somewhere and TK saw it? Or she did have the picture in her wallet but after the years of him not confessing and her getting confused about his feelings and stuff, she just threw the pic away. Since we don't know how the scene will be shown, we can just think and wait... I think that it's likely that DS (still?) has the picture tho. And that we will see a flashback on that. Shin PD wouldn't withhold information and show only half of the scene right?

Spoiler

My thoughts: After watching the preview, I kinda got the feel that JH will tell  TK to go for DS since he was rejected/got no answer from DS  (?)... And TK looks like he got rejected too... What's up with these misleading previews! Argh. Well, we can imagine all we want, but in the end we will have to see the scenes in context. Since we don't know yet what happened after the confession....sigh. Normally I wouldn't even post these theories because we'll see what's up in two days anyway, but since it's the finale and I love the series, I just went whatever! and posted this :) PS: I think that one of SW's conditions will be to date openly tho!

Bonus (nothing to do with the preview)

Spoiler

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=reply1988&no=630573&page=3&recommend=1

Seeing that scene again after the flashback in the last episode, it wasn't that JH was laughing at DS, he was laughing because he found her so cute that he didn't know what to do >_<

5 hours ago, SamShop Watch said:

reading your post made my thought fly and imagine "As Time Goes By" playing through the scene DS-TK talking about "we're friend". That song really playing alot in my mind lately

me too

WHO'S was the camera when picture of JH and DS was taken? How many copies of it were made? Maybe DS didn't need to take foto out of wallet, having her own copy of it, made with other pics from that consert.

Adult DS has both pictures at home - with JH and with TK. And they discuss feelings of non-husband freely, so both aware of them. 

But looking at picture DS could go crazy and frustrated for JH about him hesitating.

And one more: remember DS angry when BR opened her own wallet? She won't look inside other's wallet.

my fav episode for now is ep 18 because  finally we have some progression on DS love story. plus, they show us how the gang still being close although they busy with their life. How do you guys predict the revealing scene of the husband?

I cant think of anything, the only scene i could think is DS confess to someone that she like her friends but she did mention or name or DS running of somewehere .

59 minutes ago, tanaqvi said:

WHO'S was the camera when picture of JH and DS was taken? How many copies of it were made? Maybe DS didn't need to take foto out of wallet, having her own copy of it, made with other pics from that consert.

Adult DS has both pictures at home - with JH and with TK. And they discuss feelings of non-husband freely, so both aware of them. 

But looking at picture DS could go crazy and frustrated for JH about him hesitating.

And one more: remember DS angry when BR opened her own wallet? She won't look inside other's wallet.

Spoiler

It's JH's. Maybe just one, since we didn't see (yet) JH gave some pictures to DS.

I thought it was her diary that DS got mad about, no? :o

lol im not sure if im gonna offend any ships. But as soon as the preview come out, shippers are trying to drag each other down? is it just me? 
Btw i just want to make it clear that jungpal cry in the car is his realisation that Taek is more desperate than he does... i dont understand why some people try to bring taek's down? And in the preview i love how happy jungpal looks! He looks so happy!!

2 minutes ago, antyno said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's JH's. Maybe just one, since we didn't see (yet) JH gave some pictures to DS.

I thought it was her diary that DS got mad about, no? :o

first it was wallet when Il Hwa started to notice someone "borrowed" money from her. that time BR looked in DS's wallet.

second it was diary, but only with DS and BR included

4 minutes ago, 88olympics said:

lol im not sure if im gonna offend any ships. But as soon as the preview come out, shippers are trying to drag each other down? is it just me? 
Btw i just want to make it clear that jungpal cry in the car is his realisation that Taek is more desperate than he does... i dont understand why some people try to bring taek's down? And in the preview i love how happy jungpal looks! He looks so happy!!

yes, that makes no sense to roar on each other at all.

any way it will be gorgeous. it is kdrama classics already, and whatever the end will be - netizens are gonna get it torn on cadres and everyone will get a beauty of it )))

As much as I love this series, the love triangle is getting really frustrating as time passes. 

Should I be in #teamJH or should I be in #teamTK? Huge dilemma.

I feel like playing God and let JHxTK kiss instead. 

Now-Kiss_o_117166.jpg

Those two truly love each other to the point that they don't want to hurt each other. 

#justkidding 

Cannot wait for Friday to come. 

Archived