[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

^from post above, i am having such great laugh at reply saguek edition. Har har har....! Reply 1784 with joseon kings and noble that would be so weird.

if shin pd and writer lee are the driving force that makes reply series awesome, i agree that sung dong il and lee il hwa are the pillars of these series...

PS. How i wish that with this series their child will be the male one. I've loved sung dong il's relationship with siwon in reply 1997 but my heart melted for oppaya and dong il appa's relationship in reply94.

i mean who could forget the hospital "your my son" with re mitten scene. additionally i loved how like sung dong il supported and cheered when oppaya sang hard that sounded bad. It made it so awesomely awesome....

answer01-00167.jpg

Since sung joon has already made an appearance in reply 1994. I wish sung bin will also grace this drama.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXO might join the cast of ‘Reply 1988’

(tvN)
A member of K-pop boy group EXO may join the cast of the upcoming tvN drama “Reply 1988,” local media reported on Wednesday. 

The rumor spread from an anonymous entertainment insider’s remark that an art director for tvN is currently working for a web drama starring an EXO member.

Officials from the cable channel, however, played down the rumor saying that the project is still in early stages. 

“Casting procedure of the drama has yet to be started as we are working on the script for now,” a representative of tvN told a local news outlet. 

The casting of “Reply 1988” is said to be kept secret even from the majority of the production team members, according to industry sources. 

As the previous “Reply” series, “Reply 1997” and “Reply 1994,” has cast idol-actors including Infinite member Hoya and Baro of B1A4, reports are speculating that the forthcoming series is likely to include at least one idol-actor in its cast.

By Hong Hye-jin (honghyejin@heraldcorp.com)

czakhareina

said:

i agree with you whole heartedly. as much as seo in guk and eunji was impressive in reply 1997, i really do hope that they will not cast an exo member as the main lead. Even if its DO, i still believe that he would be best as a supporting cast or 2nd lead...

i really hope there would be a new concept. I am okay jumpong times between past anf present with flashbacks galore but maybe a little change from The husband hunting concept.

If they are gonna cast somone who can look both in her and his teens but can also look like in their mid 40s... that would be great. But i thibk its kinda impossible. Jang dong gun, lee jong hyuk, kim sooro and kim jong min did the 40s as well as the highschooler part for gentlemens dignity but it looked so weird.

i thinnks its best to have two casts for tjw role... one for young generation at 1988 and another at present which pits the chracters at mid 40....

as for the new concept, how about would be we guessing game of who the older character is equivalent to the younger character... hahaha joke...

or maybe revise it to who is the wife....

czakhareina

said:

itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 17px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 34px; word-wrap: break-word; widows: 1; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"

‘Reply 1988′ to premiere in OctoberReply 1994

Producer Shin Won Ho of the two previous series will return once again for ‘Reply 1988′ as he said, “We decided on the year 1988, and tell the stories of diverse families from a heartwarming perspective. I hope that it will be filled with a heartwarming atmosphere like the television drama ‘Three Families Under a Roof.’ We previously used heartwarming and family story lines in the earlier series, and it will more or less adhere to the same format.”

Shin PD also said, “It’s the third series, so I do feel the pressure as the producer. I hope to present something different from the previous, so I had held discussions with the writers, and made many modifications. I however can’t reveal what had been discussed as of now.”

The confirmation of ‘Reply 1988′ was also accompanied by news that Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa will return for the third time as well, and will continue to play a married couple and the parents of the lead characters.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Guest skeletonworks

They can cast a young cast for Reply 1988 and just make them look older with make up in 2015, can't they? No? Haha. I don't really care. Hope they have a fresh new concept. When I heard that there's gonna be another Reply series, I was horrified. I mean like can they pull it off? Another guess-the-husband game again??! [-X [-X [-X [-X No pls. I hope it's something new and refreshing and as addictive as it's predecessors.

Premise for the drama series is inspired by MBC drama series "Three Families Under One Roof” ("Hanjiboong Segajok") which aired from November 9, 1986 through November 13 1994.
here is a little info on the drama that inspired this installments of reply series...

Three Families Under One Roof (한지붕 세가족) - BLUE's First Drama
Electric Ground | blue1004

What can be more appropriate than having my first post here be about my first Korean drama?

3familes.jpg?w=640

Three Families Under One Roof (한지붕 세가족) was a MBC Sunday morning family drama that aired for eight years between November 9, 1986 until November 13, 1994.

It is considered to be one of the longest running Korean dramas of all times. If I recall correctly, it’s third only to Diary of a Rural Village (전원일기), which aired for 22 years from 1980 until its finale in 2002, and Love on a Jujube Tree (대추나무 사랑걸렸네), which aired for 17 years from 1990 until 2007.  As typical of such long-running dramas,Three Families Under One Roof went through several director, writer, and cast changes during its 8-year run.

The story was a simple one of conflicts and camaraderie between neighbors, and similar to American family sitcoms, it had a new story every week. The three main families lived at a two-story house, with the landlord’s family occupying the first floor, a tenant’s family living on the second floor, and another tenant’s family living in what I can only best describe as a one room unit adjacent to the main house (it always reminded me of a garage turned into a living dwelling).

The earlier cast members included Lim Chae Moo (Golden Bride), Lim Hyun Shik (Dae Jang Geum), Park Won Sook (Three Sisters), Hyun Suk (You’re My Destiny), and Choi Joo Bong (Harvest VillaEverybody Cha Cha Cha).

Indisputably, the biggest star of the show was the child actor, Lee Gun Joo, who stole the hearts of the entire country in his role as  Soondol, the chubby troublemaker son of Lim Hyun Shik and Park Won Sook. Even to this day, many people say all they remember whenever they think of Three Familes Under One Roof is Soondol.

soondol.jpg?w=640 soondol2.jpg?w=135&h=171

Riding on his fame from playing Soondol, Lee Gun Joo went on to star in several movies during the late 1980s. But like many other child stars, he was never able to repeat his popularity as an adult.  You may recognize him as one of the eunuchs in the 2007 drama,King and I.

Despite being my first Korean drama experience, I admit I don’t remember much of Three Families Under One Roof. I remember Choi Joo Bong’s character always coming over Lim Hyun Shik’s store to rub it in his face that his son (and Soondol’s archnemesis), Mansoo, got 100 on his school exam once again.  It was a repeated joke of the show that Choi Joo Bong’s character annoyed all the neighbors with his constant talks of, “Our Mansoo, our Mansoo!”

One of the most memorable episode of the drama was right before the first cast change occurred. The story had the landlord selling the house in order to (surprise, surprise) immigrate to the U.S.  The neighbors came to the airport to bid farewell to the landlord’s family as they left, and Soondol cried his heart out as he said goodbye to the landlord’s daughter, a noona character who was always kind to him. This scene continued to haunt me for a long time thereafter, perhaps because it reminded me so much of when I moved to America myself.

The cast changeover happened gradually, with different neighbors moving in and out during the entire run of the show. Later cast members included Kang Nam Gil (Who Are YouPlayful Kiss), Lee Jung Gil (Boys Over FlowersIris), and Kim Hye Soo (Style). But by then, the show was past its prime and I was no longer following the drama. Surprisingly, the show went on to air for a couple more years before finally signing off in 1994.

Here’s the opening theme song from during the latter years of the show.  By this time, most of the original cast members were gone.

czakhareina

said:

Premise for the drama series is inspired by MBC drama series "Three Families Under One Roof” ("Hanjiboong Segajok") which aired from November 9, 1986 through November 13 1994.
here is a little info on the drama that inspired this installments of reply series...

Actually I like the idea of having different casts acting as their younger counterparts and having older actors in the present . Look at  HEALER  it's successful having different actors acting as their younger counterparts . 

czakhareina

said:

hehehe am also thinking the same way.. more hot oppas... I do hope that SDI and LIW would have a son this time around cause I really love the dynamic between Trash oppa and SDI from the start... 

I want more family dynamic though I doubt they will leave the loveline behind... but still I agree more hot oppas...  I am up for that

StaRix said:

czakhareina

said:

hehehe am also thinking the same way.. more hot oppas... I do hope that SDI and LIW would have a son this time around cause I really love the dynamic between Trash oppa and SDI from the start... 

I want more family dynamic though I doubt they will leave the loveline behind... but still I agree more hot oppas...  I am up for that

Another great actress!~^^
class="single__title entry-title" style="border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0px 0px 0.5em; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actress Ra Mi Ran may star in anticipated drama sequel “Reply 1988″Ra-Mi-Ran.jpg

tvN‘s drama series Reply 1988′s crew meetings are underway with a possibility of actressRa Mi Ran joining the team.

As of March 24th, an anonymous source mentioned, “Ra Mi Ran is to star in tvN’s ‘Reply 1988.’ She will make the scene more fun with the Sung Dong Il – Lee Il Hwa couple.”

On the same day, CJ E&M also confirmed, “Ra Mi Ran has held meeting with PD Shin Won Ho. However, as a lot of filming portions are left, we are still cautious in giving any confirmations.”

Previously, PD Shin Won Ho said, “The production of ‘Reply 1988′ is well underway. Differing from previous series, this one will focus more on the family aspect. I hope to draw various warm family stories with the background of street alleys. I hope to proactively deal with average family and people story.”

Meanwhile, the Reply drama series have harvested a great success, including the previous series Reply 1998 and Reply 1994. Along with the drama, numerous celebrities have experienced a surge in popularity, such as Seo In Guk, Jung Eun Ji, Go Ara, Yoo Yeon Suk, Do Hee, Son Ho Joon and more.

Source: Ilgan Sports

koreaboo

Did people hear that Hyeri may be casted to be the female lead......I haven't seen her acting so I really don't know if she's going to absolutely massacre this installation of Reply. However, I do wish they cast an actual actress for this, be it rookie or seasoned.

Archived