[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see how charming Park Bo Gum is when he's conducting in this video (from Tomorrow Cantabile). Here you can see a glimpse of Go Kyung Pyo playing violin in the orchestra, too.

The moment when he conducted here was the first time I was charmed by Park Bo Gum I guess. He's so charming and charismatic here. I can't say I'm a fan of Park Bo Gum yet but I do have a soft spot for him ever since :P

A glimpse of Park Bo Gum's character in Tomorrow Cantabile

I want to see him acting as a character similar with above more. He's so charming here

annyeonghasaeyo!!! coming here from I remember You thread and I was so impressed and charmed by Park Bo Gum I became a fan of his!  I have also watched the first Reply series and it was amazing so I guess I will stay tuned for AM1988! 

Hope to be friends with everyone here :-)

I've started watching answer me 1994 and the premise is really funny lol.The gang fits in so perfectly..especially the supporting characters...the whole scene with mom making noodles in bucket made me laugh out loud.Though have to say it goes little far above pg ratings with some scenes going over the top with the proximity setup...I'd still watch it for a while to see how it goes on.If the new answer me series is something close to the previous one..I'd definitely watch out for it.

it is so irony to see Park bo gum and seo in guk both acting in same drama and have a bromance and you know that both are the first and latest lead for Reply series , I enjoyed watching them in I remember you , and it is one of my best dramas in 2015 , the only thing was helping me to get over my over addiction with this drama by its ending tonight , is the thought of having Park bo gum in reply 1988 .. I am a big fan of this series specially the first one , so I am anticipating the third season ..

Hellooosss!! I came here from IRY thread too!
and I can't wait for Reply 1988, because finally.. Finally.. We have another dose of PBG!
Anyway.. Let's wait together! <3

So far, I've only watch Reply 1997 and love it so much.
I didn't watch Reply 1994, mostly because I don't really like the cast. 

anneoyeong everyone........me too, a new bogumie fan....in love with min in " remember you".

hope we can see the other side of bogumie in this drama. 

i watch both reply, and my first love was reply 1997.

i did watch 1994, but had a trauma with the ending, lolll ( denial mode)...

for 1988 biggest reason to watch  is because of bogum is lead here.... still cant get enough of him as min.

and I can't wait for Reply 1988, because finally.. Finally.. We have another dose of PBG!

same! i didnt watch it too because i was quite unfamiliar with the cast and one thing about korean drama remakes/following seasons is that they tend to get more sucky after the original one so i didnt have much faith... I'm not sure if i should start watching AM1994 before this one airs though

Anyway, I'm only watching this because of PBG and I also hope that the show is enjoyable :D

same! i didnt watch it too because i was quite unfamiliar with the cast and one thing about korean drama remakes/following seasons is that they tend to get more sucky after the original one so i didnt have much faith... I'm not sure if i should start watching AM1994 before this one airs though

Anyway, I'm only watching this because of PBG and I also hope that the show is enjoyable :D

At first I was like you guys who only have watched Reply 1997 and didn't plan to watch Reply 1994 at all - until when I was bored and someone suggested me to give it a try, then I tried watching it on a whim. The result is, I actually like Reply 1994 more than Reply 1997, 1994 is more fun and less boring. Whilst I like the romance much better in 1997 one, but for the story line except the romance part I like the 1994 better. In 1997 I only care for Yoon Jae - Shi Won and think the other characters stories were pretty boring and not dug deep enough - but in 1994 I care for every character and each character has their own story. It's funnier and has more life lessons I think.  So I suggest you guys to give 1994 a try anyway, if you don't like it you can just drop it right away. But it's really worth a try :) I don't regret my decision trying out 1994 one at all, in fact I'm thankful instead.

I hope the 1988 one will be at least as funny as 1994 one, each character will be dug deep enough, and has life lessons too. Looking forward to it.

At first I was like you guys who only have watched Reply 1997 and didn't plan to watch Reply 1994 at all - until when I was bored and someone suggested me to give it a try, then I tried watching it on a whim. The result is, I actually like Reply 1994 more than Reply 1997, 1994 is more fun and less boring. Whilst I like the romance much better in 1997 one, but for the story line except the romance part I like the 1994 better. In 1997 I only care for Yoon Jae - Shi Won and think the other characters stories were pretty boring and not dug deep enough - but in 1994 I care for every character and each character has their own story. It's funnier and has more life lessons I think.  So I suggest you guys to give 1994 a try anyway, if you don't like it you can just drop it right away. But it's really worth a try :) I don't regret my decision trying out 1994 one at all, in fact I'm thankful instead.

I hope the 1988 one will be at least as funny as 1994 one, each character will be dug deep enough, and has life lessons too. Looking forward to it.

what i love from Reply 1997 is how fresh and exciting the story is, and I'm so in love with yunjae - Shiwon too, it's pretty much what I watched it for. Aside from Joonhee ofcourse. Kekeke i love bromance, moreso a very good bromance lol

Aside from not really familiar with the cast, there's just something about go ara that rubs me off in a wrong way, and i don't even know why. I tried watching the MVs for Reply 1994 and the only thing that makes me wanted to watch it was YYS. Looool. I'm going to give it another try though, maybe after I'm done watching Wonderful Days. Since I'm actually trying to marathon-ing all PBG's previous works. And so far I've watched pretty much a lot of it without realizing it was PBG *sigh*

I'm happy that they said they won't bring back the 'guess-which-one-is-the-husband" thing. Cause I think I'm going mad before I know, since it's bwtween PBG and GKP. :D

riribl I don't get the craze behind reply 1997..found it quite  boring to be honest...and left it midway.But the 94 version is better with execution and the story gets interesting.The story keeps on going without giving the main pair too much attention and that's why it seems more like a real slice of life..not to forget the time line regarding jokes..like the time haetae ordered 30 some biscuits on a date.Though they kept dragging the old cues..like having a gay story line more like the 97 version..which seemed a lot similar. 

Though I'm curious about this new reply..I am more interested about the love lines..as they're not going to play the husband guessing games as they said..would it be more like two pairs or the love triangle would keep on playing that's the question lol.

riribl I don't get the craze behind reply 1997..found it quite  boring to be honest...and left it midway.But the 94 version is better with execution and the story gets interesting.The story keeps on going without giving the main pair too much attention and that's why it seems more like a real slice of life..not to forget the time line regarding jokes..like the time haetae ordered 30 some biscuits on a date.Though they kept dragging the old cues..like having a gay story line more like the 97 version..which seemed a lot similar. 

Though I'm curious about this new reply..I am more interested about the love lines..as they're not going to play the husband guessing games as they said..would it be more like two pairs or the love triangle would keep on playing that's the question lol.

Then you're the same with me, I also find 1997 pretty boring except Yoon Jae - Shi Won story. They're the only main drive on why I keep watching 1997 one. Meanwhile, for 1994 it's otherwise, I like the story as a whole except the main leads romance part. The story itself is interesting, funnier, and slice of life-y. The jokes are gold. I also like how they put stories for each character.

Whatever it is for Reply 1988, I just hope that Park Bo Gum character will get the girl :P

I never watch this drama of SIG and it seems it got a lot of praise how man ep it is..? Looks like something I'm going to have to marathon   

You mean "Reply 1997"? Yeah it was basically the drama which made SIG a breakout star...all in total 16 episodes.

Guest wizengamot

i don't know but Reply 1997 was one of my tops five kdramas of all time ever since i started watching kdramas... maybe because it speaks to me on a very personal level: the fangirl life and the high school angst. i could totally relate with all the fanatic antics like writing fanfics, the fanwar, the your-dad-tearing (in my case "burning") your-k-idol posters, and all. and i like the whole gang actually. i can't even remember how i end up watching reply 1997, i don't know SIG and Eun Ji back then, and i'm not a fan of Infinite's Hoya but that was one of the best things i've done. lol, watching that kdrama. it's still on my phone actually all the epsodes. i tried 1994 because of go ara but it didn't click with me so i left it after two episodes. i guess it's personal preference. maybe i'll give it another go while waiting for reply 1988 especially that i recently finished a kdrama.

Archived