[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 19.747200012207px; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 85); background: transparent;"D.O. of EXO and Irene of Red Velvet Reportedly Auditioning for Answer Me 1988Posted on April 24, 2015 by ockoala

wqw.jpg

This possible idol casting news isn’t all that surprising considering the drama in question comes from tvN‘s popular Answer Me series. SM Entertainment is reportedly auditioning D.O. fromEXO (Do Kyung Soo) and Irene from Red Velvet for supporting roles in the main cast ensemble of upcoming Answer Me 1988. So far the drama appears to be having problems with casting after the first potential signing of Hyeri of Girl’s Day got massive (and justified) blowback from fans. Since then it’s stalled on officially announcing any of the possible young castings.

Right now the drama has only signed on the parent roles with the return of Song Dong IlLee Il Hwa, and Kim Sung Kyun, but parents alone do not a drama make. Answer Me has cast idols in both 1997 and 1994 so it’s not shocking or a step in the wrong direction to consider idols for this third installment. The kicker is to find idols who can act, like Jung Eun Ji from ApinkHoyafrom InfiniteBaro from B1A4, and Dohee from Tiny-G. All of those idols impressed me enough from their AM turns that I welcome their transition into acting. Let’s hope the final cast of AM1988 chooses idols as wisely.

wqw1.jpg

I’m excited if D.O. does end up joining the cast of AM1988 but am totally clueless who this Irene is therefore have no opinion good or bad if she’s cast since I don’t know if she can act or not. The only thing I take away from this rumored casting push is that SM really wants to get its young idols into the AM series. AM1988 actually seems like a great next step for D.O., aside from his guest starring turn in the upcoming KBS drama I Remember You (formerly Hello Monster). I see a natural affinity and talent for acting based on his debut turn in It’s Okay, It’s Love, and someone who takes to acting in such an impactful way should keep churning out projects to hone his skills. Hopefully the production will announce the final cast soon rather than dragging the process out.

Source: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/04/24/d-o-of-exo-and-irene-of-red-velvet-reportedly-auditioning-for-answer-me-1988/

---------------------------------------------------------

Yes cast D.O please! I'm excited if he's in since he does have a big potential in acting after watching his previous works.

I'm neutral about Irene because I don't know how her acting is.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Lee Yi-kyung in consideration for Answer Me 1988

by girlfriday 

LeeYiKyung1.jpg

Oh, I’d be happy if this casting news stuck: Lee Yi-kyung is looking at a possible career-launching role in the cast of Answer Me 1988, though as always, reports are mixed about whether or not it’s a sure thing. Lee has been a really strong supporting actor in everything that I’ve seen him in, and I love that he has a really diverse set of roles on his resume playing all sorts of weirdos and misfits, from scary to zany to hilarious.

The 26-year-old actor debuted in the film White Night and made his television debut inSchool 2013. He quickly racked up drama titles following School, including Nine, You From Another Star, You’re All Surrounded, and Maids; and he’s currently in the laugh-out-loud tvN comedy Superman Age, which definitely bodes well for his comedic timing and range.

Answer Me 1988 is still being extra cautious and playing everything really close to the vest as far as stories, characters, and especially casting confirmations. All we know for now is that the third installment of the throwback youth-centered franchise will head to 1988 and focus on three neighbor families.

Read more: dramabeans.com/2015/05/lee-yi-kyung-in-consideration-for-answer-me-1988/

Hyeri of Girl’s Day Still Being Considered for Leading Lady of Answer Me 1988

Posted on May 10, 2015 by ockoala

eyrys.jpg

Did no one at tvN get the memo from the audience feedback on Hyde, Jekyll, Me? Tucked into the critical panning of the entire drama was a very big line item on supporting actress Hyeri of Girl’s Day being singularly terrible even within the bigger bad that was Hyde. Watching her trying to emote from a dull soulless expression was nails on chalkboard excruciating. I may not have loved all the Answer Me dramas but at least the series has been memorable and unique enough to deserve a better leading lady.

News broke this weekend that Hyeri was confirmed for Answer Me 1988, to play the daughter of Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa‘s characters in this third installment. The feedback was as bad as when news first came out two months ago that she had received an offer to join this drama. Her agency quickly clarified that Hyeri auditioned two months ago and is still waiting for confirmation from the production as to her involvement, i.e. nothing has been confirmed yet. Sadly that’s not the clarification I wanted to hear, the better one would be that she’s proactively decided to take herself out of consideration for the drama, period.

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/05/10/hyeri-of-girls-day-apparently-still-in-contention-for-leading-lady-of-answer-me-1988/

Hyeri awaits casting decision after auditioning for 'Reply 1988'

fksdjafkl.jpg

Osen - Naver: Hyeri's reps, "'Confirmed for Reply 1988'"? Awaits for the results after her audition"

1. [+5120, -137] I trust the production team's decision.

2. [+5180, -278] Geez... What is this exaggeration? Please cast a rookie actress instead

3. [+4540, -255] She's truly hopeless

4. [+4357, -249] Don't do it. She'll just mess it up, right????

5. [+673, -49] Please cast a rookie actress. It's acting talent over popularity

6. [+637, -65] If Hyeri's in this, I won't watch it. I'm serious..

7. [+611, -84] She's a '94er. Do you think she'll be able to relate to it?

8. [+561, -41] Stop casting idols.. There are actresses, you know

9. [+466, -52] No freaking way. Please please. If you're not gonna cast someone like Jung Eun Ji or Im Siwan, pick an actress instead

10. [+340, -33] Isn't she practically confirmed at this rate??

11. [+156, -5] Those who have watched 'Misaeng' would know that it is the acting that keeps a drama alive

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2015/05/hyeri-awaits-casting-decision-after.html?m=1

Still getting a bad feelinh about her name being circulated with this drama. Is it soo much to ask to get a green actress like Joo DaYoung for the main lead? I've watched her in HJ&I and she was irritating to watch. 

if she really has to be in this drama, can she be a supporting role? Jebal. shin PD and writer Lee.

Lee Yi-kyung in consideration for Answer Me 1988

by girlfriday 

I like him. I noticed him first in school2013 and he was such a bully. But when I saw him again in Maids he was such a wuss. And I can see some great acting range from him.

anyway for additional casting I hope they cast yoo minkyu...

Guest ororomunroe

Park Bo Gum in Talks for Leading Role in “Reply 1988″

park-bo-gum.jpg

On May 15, an affiliate of the drama department told Daily Sports, “Park Bo Gum has auditioned for tvN‘s ‘Reply 1988.’”

A representative of the actor’s agency Blossom Entertainment also said, “Park Bo Gum has auditioned and had a meeting with the drama’s production team, but the results are not out yet. He is currently waiting.”

If Park Bo Gum is cast for the drama, he will be the first youthful character in ‘Reply 1988′ so far. Actors Sung Dong IlLee Il HwaKim Sung Kyun, Ra Mi Ran, and Girl’s Day‘s Hyeri are some possible cast members, and Park Bo Gum is the first young male actor to be in talks of joining the drama as of now.

This actor has starred in “Bridal Mask,” “Wonderful Days,” “Tomorrow Cantabile,” and more, and will be taking his first lead role in “Reply 1988″ if he is confirmed for the drama.

This drama is planned to start production in September.

Cr: Soompi

Guest ororomunroe

Han Groo in Talks for Female Lead Role in “Reply 1988″

Han-Groo-head-2-800x450.png

Actress Han Groo is reportedly in consideration for the female lead role in tvN‘s upcoming drama, “Reply 1988.”

On May 15, news outlet MBN reported that broadcast insiders have told them, “The offer for the leading role in ‘Reply 1988′ has been sent to Han Groo. She is the most likely candidate out of many possible actresses, and we are discussing the casting with her seriously.”

So far, Sung Dong Il, Lee Il Hwa, and Kim Sung Kyun have been confirmed for the third installment of the “Reply” series.

“Reply 1988″ will air in the latter half of this year. It is currently scheduled for programming after “Oh My Ghost” starring Jo Jung Suk and Park Bo Young.

Cr: Soompi

Guest ororomunroe

Park Bo Geum and Han Groo in Talks for Leads of Answer Me 1988

boks.jpg

Double yes! I already got good casting news this week with the addition of Im Joo Hwan andKwak Si Yang to upcoming tvN drama Oh My Ghost. Now comes an extra helping of much anticipated drama land return with news that rising young actor Park Bo Geum is in talks for the male lead of tvN drama Answer Me 1988, which coincidentally is scheduled to take over the same time slot after Oh My Ghost. With all the casting maybes and rumors out of AM1988, I was inching towards giving the drama a pass until this news halt my dwindling interest and sends it hurtling the opposite direction towards must watch.

To sweeten the AM1988 casting pot even more, Park Bo Geum’s likely casting as the male lead was followed a few hours later with the additional news that Han Groo has been offered the female lead role. I was not sad that she passed on Scholar Who Walks the Night mostly because I can’t see her with Lee Jun Ki, and more importantly her style is all wrong for that female lead based on a very specific manhwa character. Here the news of her casting has me whooping with joy because I can totally see her shining in the AM series with very down home characters and story lines. Win and win!

Read more: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/05/14/answer-me-1988-looks-to-add-park-bo-geum-and-lee-yi-kyung/

Guest ororomunroe

More casting possibilities and confusion for Answer Me 1988

hangroo_16.jpg

In a nutshell: Park Bo-gum(Cantabile Tomorrow) may be cast, and Han Groo (Marriage Not Dating) most likely will not.

I know, we hardly even know she was someone to consider, but news broke today that Han Groo was “the contender with the highest likelihood” to be cast. Almost immediately, a wave of rebuttals were released stating that she isn’t in the running, quashing my very excited hopes before they’d even had room to spread their wings and fly. Casting on this drama has been a minefield of incomplete and premature news, and one look at Han Groo’s current headlines gives you a taste of the chaotic press machine: She is either in the running, is likely the lead, is definitely not the lead, has only met with producers once, or has never once met with producers. Well then. She is also either a person or not a person. Just to make that clear.

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/more-casting-possibilities-and-confusion-for-answer-me-1988/

Guest ororomunroe

Lee Yi Kyung And Park Bo Geum Auditioned For 'Reply 1988' + Han Groo As The Female Lead?

fsjkafjks.jpg
tv Report - Naver: Lee Yi Kyung's reps "He has auditioned for Reply 1988, waits for confirmation"

1. [+3901, -200] I personally like Lee Yi Kyung. It's not a bad idea to give him the chance to try it!

2. [+3876, -176] Stop saying who should and who shouldn't be cast.. The decision is still under the control of the director

3. [+2584, -89] Hwaiting~~!! I liked him ever since 'School 2013'. I hope everything goes well

4. [+282, -55] Nobody's mentioning his DUI scandal

5. [+255, -35] Is he the one who got caught drunk driving? He's from a rich family  so the scandal got buried quickly and he's able to get back to his acting activities

6. [+76, -14] He somewhat fits the 'Reply' series style

7. [+58, -2] He played Lee Jae Kyung's secretary in 'You Who Came From the Stars'!
y11.jpg
Ilgan Sports - Naver: Will Park Bo Geum join 'Reply 1988'?

1. [+168, -11] Heol. Park Bo Geum is jjang  ㅠㅠ I hope you get cast and show us a good side of you!!

2. [+198, -45] Is Hyeri confirmed? If she is, then I don't wanna watch... Dohee had the acting talent but Hyeri's acting sucks..

3. [+119, -11] So handsome even from a man's perspective..

4. [+83, -7] I'm excited to see Park Bo Geum! He'll do well!

5. [+22, -3] Heol ㅠㅠㅠPark Bo Geum!!!! Yeah, don't cast idols but give the opportunity to rookie actors like him!

6. [+10, -1] I hope you get a role.. I wanna see you in more dramas~^^

y33.jpg
MBN - Naver: Han Groo, in talks as the female lead for 'Reply 1988' 

1. [+3494, -174] So much better than Hyeri

2. [+2709, -151] Better choice than Hyeri ㅋㅋ

3. [+2280, -139] Ooo! I like Han Groo~~

4. [+276, -31] She's like the Jeon Ji Hyun of cable.. I think she'll get the role as she's quite in-demand among casting directors

5. [+214, -20] Yes to Han Groo!! I totally love her acting style!!

Xports News - Naver: Reply 1988 reps, "Han Groo hasn't been offered a role. We will be revealing the cast soon" 

1. [+2240, -287] But Han Groo would've been nice though ㅠㅠ

2. [+1820, -247] Han Groo would have been awesome in the role!

3. [+1084, -47] Journalists, write facts only. Stop making us all confused

4. [+648, -414] Han Groo and the 'Reply' series don't match. Please pick someone who's refreshing and acts well

5. [+120, -20] Just when I thought we found the right female lead
Cr: kkuljaem

Double.. err triple... er mutiple yes for Han Groo!!!

It would be so awesome if this time around the male lead is sung dong il and lee il hwa's SON while the female lead is Kim Sunkyung's daughter. And if the daughter is hangroo... multiple times EPIC!!!

but as of late I have been seeing Han Groo's name in potential casting for multiple dramas. But she never gets an an okay. First kt was scholar who walks at night where is was super looking forward for her to play female lead masquerading as male in joseon era. Havent really seen her in joseon attire but i think she would do fine. Then she was also in talks for chaebol's daughter opposite warm words co star PSJ (now hight society with UEE and Subg joon as leads) but that was squashed after a couple of days. 

And now this. I just hope this one sticks!!! For real!

But if it doesn't... why? Why? Dramagods why?

urghh i am still scared if Hyeri gets the role. Please not her.

Park Bo Geum and Han Groo in Talks for Leads of Answer Me 1988

Posted on May 14, 2015 by ockoala

ewuns.jpg

Double yes! I already got good casting news this week with the addition of Im Joo Hwan andKwak Si Yang to upcoming tvN drama Oh My Ghost. Now comes an extra helping of much anticipated drama land return with news that rising young actor Park Bo Geum is in talks for the male lead of tvN drama Answer Me 1988, which coincidentally is scheduled to take over the same time slot after Oh My Ghost. With all the casting maybes and rumors out of AM1988, I was inching towards giving the drama a pass until this news halted my dwindling interest and sends it hurtling the opposite direction towards must watch.

To sweeten the AM1988 casting pot even more, Park Bo Geum’s likely casting as the male lead was followed a few hours later with the additional news that Han Groo has been offered the female lead role. I was not sad that she passed on Scholar Who Walks the Night mostly because I can’t see her with Lee Jun Ki, and more importantly her style is all wrong for that female lead based on a very specific manhwa character. Here the news of her casting has me whooping with joy because I can totally see her shining in the AM series with very down home characters and story lines. Win and win!

erusuds2.jpg

Park Bo Geum isn’t the only new male name bandied about for the upcoming third installment of the AM series. Supporting actor Lee Yi Kyung, who I last saw in You’re All Surrounded as Lee Seung Gi’s maybe half-brother, has confirmed auditioning for the drama and remains in contention for a role in the main cast. He’s not bad at all and has a memorable presence onscreen even if not leading man material (yet), he would be great in a goofier role for this drama.

boks.jpg

Read more: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/05/14/answer-me-1988-looks-to-add-park-bo-geum-and-lee-yi-kyung/

Guest SakuToku

I'm so glad the Sung parents are coming back for the second time.(*´▽`*)And Kim Sung Kyun aka Samcheonpo is back!? ∑(;°Д°)

Guest ororomunroe

Hyeri Is Confirmed As The Female Lead For 'Reply 1988'

ii1.jpg
tv Report - Naver: 'Reply 1988' reps, "Hyeri, Go Kyung Pyo and Park Bo Geum confirmed as leads 

1. [+751, -46] Finally, the first fail instalment in the 'Reply' series

2. [+637, -33] Hahaha... Hyeri.....

3. [+608, -35] Failed already......... Hyeri....

4. [+549, -41] They only picked good male leads. What were they doing?..

5. [+359, -21] Heol ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+123, -7] Don't cast an idol. Fail

7. [+123, -16] Why Hyeri?-- She won't live up to Jung Eun Ji's performance

8. [+105, -7] Hyeri?????????????

9. [+101, -11] So this is how the series gets ruined.......

10. [+85, -8] This is hopeless

11. [+73, -7] Hyeri is the female lead.... This will be so boring

12. [+39, -2] I'm a Hyeri fanboy but I honestly think she shouldn't be in this drama... I didn't  see any apparent acting talent in 'Hyde'. The reason why the 'Reply' series is popular is because of the solid acting of the rookies. This is a casting that's relying too much on popularity over acting talent
Cr: kkuljaem

Guest ororomunroe

Answer Me 1988 Confirms Final Casting with Leads Park Bo Geum, Hyeri, and Go Kyung Pyo

buhd.jpg

The casting has been finalized for Answer Me 1988, the third installment of the popular tvNAnswer Me series, and it basically boils down to one rotten apple potentially stinking up what would otherwise be an perfectly fine dish. The production just released the confirmed cast and it includes the following: Hyeri of Girl’s Day as the female lead, Park Bo Geum is the male lead, and the supporting cast consists of Go Kyung Pyo (a Tomorrow’s Cantabile reunion), newbie actress Ryu Hye Young (last seen in Spy), movie actor Ryu Jun YeolLee Dong Hwi (Lee Jun Ki‘s buddy in Joseon Gunman), rising young actor Ahn Jae Hong, with the parents played by third time returning veterans Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa. Filming is scheduled to start in the summer with an eye towards a fall air date on the cable network. One guess who I think is the rotten egg casting of the bunch before I vent a little below?

′Reply 1988′ Confirms 8 Actors in Cast Including Girl′s Day′s Hyeri, Ko Kyung Pyo, Park Bo Gum and More

Building much anticipation, tvN′s Reply 1988 unveiled its confirmed cast members. 

On May 18, tvN staff unveiled the confirmed actors for the cast through a press release, naming Girl′s Day′s Hyeri, Ryu Hye Young, Ko Kyung Pyo, Park Bo Gum, Ahn Jae Hong, Ryu Jun Yeol, Lee Dong Hwi, and Choi Sung Won.

Details on their characters or the drama′s broadcast period has not been revealed.

′Reply 1988′ Confirms 8 Actors in Cast Including Girl′s Day′s Hyeri, Ko Kyung Pyo, Park Bo Gum and More

Ryu Hye Young acted in the Spy, and Hyeri in Hyde, Jekyll, Me.. Ko Kyung Pyo and and Park Bo Gum both appeared in the movie Chinatown and the drama Nodame Cantabile

Ryu Jun Yeol received the spotlight for his unique acting in the movie Sociophobia, while Ahn Jae Hong and Lee Dong Hwi are both actors who are acknowledged by the movie world through their performances in indie films. Choi Sung Won, who has previously appeared in KBS′ Qualifications of Men, is a well-established musical actor. 

Reply 1988 will be the third Reply series from tvN. Reply 1988 will be about five different families living in the same neighborhood in 1988. 

mwave~

Finally! Complete Cast!!!

I know really so many bad comment about Hyeri join R88. But I trust Shin PD and SW Lee for sure!!!

BTW, I love Park Bo Gum and Go Kyung Pyo!! Cantabile Reunion!!!

Honestly, when I try watch Reply 1997, I really dont know the cast back then. I continue watch because the story was interest me. Same as Reply 1988. I watch because the production team same as R1997.

For sure, I will watch this series. I thrust them :)

I'm in for Park Bo Geum as male lead! He's so charming. Go Kyung Pyo is also familiar to me, his acting is good. I've seen Lee Dong Hwi's acting, he can act.

I have mixed feelings about Hyeri. I haven't watched her acting so I don't know how her acting is, but people's comments are so bad about her acting. Actors in previous Reply series all can act though so I hope to see at least decent acting from her in this Reply series. I'll keep my comments about her acting for later.

Archived