[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Could someone provide the link to where the specials may appear...I would be utterly grateful.

The writers are so playing with Chi Hoon....he is never going to find out the kid name though why doesn't he just ask Daniel?

I am slightly disappointed we didn't see the peacemaker nurse and Daniel marrying together. I really wanted to see the interaction of the two.

I am utterly touch by the ending though for the third special part is it really an epilogue or are we getting trolled ?

• Like 5

Is it terrible that I was more satisfied by every other couples ending over that of KMY and YSJ.  Their ending the as it kind of a let down for me.  Guess I expected more.  Am really happy that it was a happy ending though. :)

• Like 2

IMG_0686.png

*seducing SDY* :love:

IMG_0688.png

SDY: this is torture.

YMJ: report me then

SDY: i would like to eat in peace. im gonna have an indigestion at the rate going like this :joy:

IMG_0689.png

then come to the medical room. im just 5 mins away~ :love:

or should i just break a part of you? :joy:

Spoiler

IMG_0690.png

SDY: attention! all those who are of lower rank than me close their eyes right now!

Spoiler

IMG_0691.png

and he gave her a forehead kiss :love:

Spoiler

IMG_0692.pngIMG_0694.png

as if not enough she ordered the same for those who are of lower rank than her to close their eyes and they...

KISS PASSIONATELY! :love::love::love:

• Like 20

My thoughts for final episode

Good: Lots of fluff and cute. I like the bit with Fatima, it ties back nicely. 

Bad : All fluff and cute. YSJ got hurt at the exact same place every time and need a bandage ONLY on that part of his right arm. ha ha. At least put a bandage somewhere else! It's clearly thrown off because of the actual injury,. 

Barely anything plotwise happened in the episode which is disappointing, I kind of look back at ep 14 and think it should be the ending , and these two episodes should be the special/epilogue, how can you epilogue on the current ep16?

MJ and DY is the only one really moving forward but it's not a real surprise or anything, just follow through the motions.  

KMY and YSJ is great together as always and enjoyable to watch, but there's for some reason like a lot of sudden cutting / editing? And a lot of cute banters that last for like 3 minutes just to show they're bantering, patched up together. 

The whole YSJ SDY rescue was so short, and if someone can explain to me then I'd be thankful. So I thought YSJ was missing around albania? That's why KMY flies there to pay her respects at the first anniversary, is this correct? But then what's a NK soldier doing in Albania? 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, happifruit said:

Aaaaaannnnd it's over, everyone!

1. This Canadian girl laughed when I heard Vancouver and Canada, and then proceeded to laugh even harder when there was a volcano eruption. I don't even know what to say.

2. Eeeee....a so-called 'BBQ Ending' or 'Hot-Pot Ending'. Le sigh.

and finally.....

3. THAT KISS!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for giving us a real good one, you two!!! Best one of them all!

You Know, i thought what wtf volcano in Vancouver Canada 

but I checked Wikipedia and there is active volcano there check this link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Garibaldi

it was a good ending.. But the timeline of when they were captured and freed is a bit out...

captured for 155 days is about 5 months... But they have been missing for 1 year.. So what the heck been doing for the last 7 months?

with no contact to their girl friends..?     It's KDrama I know... :)

I will miss DOTS though....I guess my life will return to normal now...

its been 2 months of Soompi, DOTS, Soompi, Dots, each day...

Salute

• Like 9

Guys, i just want to say thanks to all for the amazing DOTS journey.  16 great episodes, best ending, amazing and smart troopers altogether make a perfect recipe for the best drama ever.  Couldn't ask for more.  But no goodbyes yet.  There are still 3 special episodes left so it's not over until it's over.  So pls stick around.  

Anybody from Vancouver here who is interested to meet up?  I need a support group to cope with my withdrawal symptoms, lol.  

• Like 6

KMY wasn't being random in the coffee house scene, she was being naughty-- just before dunking the chocolate pop into the cup, he asked, "do i just put this in?" and that's when she made her off-color joke, saying, "that's erotic." It's a great moment for them because it's like a true glimpse into how a real life couple would actually talk to each other, making little intimate references that no one else nearby would normally pick up on. His reply to her off-color remark ("Oh my...this woman...! And when it's still so early!") also is a wink-wink suggestion that they've been physically closer than the audience has been shown.

The car wash scene, on the other hand, was totally random. Maybe the purpose (aside from Hyundai PPL and the callback to the Urk wet shirt scene) was to show them out and about, having an ordinary date?? Can't think of anything else beyond that.

3 hours ago, smiletall said:

Do you remember in ep 15 when KMY and YSJ first said "I love you" to each other in the flashback at the cafe, at the end of that scene KMY had said to him jokingly "Its a bit risque/erotic." I wasn't sure if I had missed a previous scene.. cuz it seemed like a reference to a past joke.. it felt so random..

And yeah, I think I've read some other interpretations going around here or in the shippers thread about that moment which made me laugh ahahaha. The double entedre with a slightly erm.. naughtier meaning is possible I guess.. lol.. but kind of random and kind of out of the blue though right? ahahaha but it's still possible.

BUT after watching the car wash scene in ep 16, I actually think that it was due to editing. I think that the car wash scene was originally supposed to be just a cute date scene somewhere in ep 13 possibly because it would have fit in just fine there. And YSJ mentions at the end of the scene, "This dating thing, I guess I'll do it. It's risque/erotic." and KMY responds "Me?!" to which YSJ quips "When you smile, it's the most risque." (Which.. haha ok). But yeah, if the car wash scene was originally supposed to come earlier on, THEN it would make sense that later on at the cafe after they say "I love you" to each other and he's smiling at her, KMY would tease him "It's a bit risque." 

At least to me it makes more sense. Cuz her saying that comment at the end of the cafe confession scene just seemed so out of the blue to me. Unless I'm missing something like a previous scene/inside joke. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

But if this is the case, I actually do like that they used the car wash scene in the last episode because it is that much more sweet at the end. And since it is kind of stand alone sweet because the lines they say can be used earlier or later, it still works. And Ep 13 already had a lot of cute date moments that it would have had less impact then anyways. 

Just an observation. And because even though it was such a small thing, it was still randomly bugging me a bit at how random that comment was ahaha. So just rationalized it this way. I think it makes sense :P 

She was

• Like 10

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all the participators of this thread. Everyone here was incredibly smart (able to make inferences and really find the deeper meaning(s) in all the scenes) and the discussions here were English IB level. This was my first thread and DOTS really changed my kdrama viewing game/experience. Thank you for making this forum such a wonderful and kind environment for a complete newbie like me:) I'm going to have MAJOR withdrawal symptoms :bawling: 

btw, didnt it seem like YSJ and KMY were french kissing?? OMO, and our Captain said he was "innocent":D SJK was going allll in:heart:

• Like 14

It is 6h45 in the morning in my country and like usual, time to check the rating.

I feel so lighthearted and happy actually. Had a very peaceful sleep after DOTS's finale.It is extremely rare that a drama can make me feel that way.

But there's one thing I must confirm from the subtitle so I look for it and immediately I feel so sad for SJ and DY.

Obviously, they were tortured cruelly back when they were held prisioners. Being subjected to waterboarding, being cut and beaten, they really went through hell. No wonder why both are in terrible shape and their wounds look really fresh and raw. At least they were detained together so they could share the memories and misery.

Yet, right after they reached allied camp and reported their survival, they found their girlfriend's location and set out to meet them right away. I don't think they will ever tell their girls in details about the brutality they had to go through. SJ doesn't say he loves MY when they met again in the dessert but his action says it all.

I am really relieved now that MY is so understanding of SJ's sacrifice

• Like 14

Final episode of "Descendants of the Sun", nationwide 38.8%, Seoul 44.2%

2016/04/14

photo713517.jpg

The final episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" rated 38.8%.

According to Nielsen Korea, "Descendants of the Sun" increased by 4.0% to 38.8%, setting a new record. However, it wasn't able to surpass 2012 MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon".

The percentage in Seoul was summed up to be 44.2% and 41.6% in the metropolitan area.

MBC "Goodbye, Mr. Black" which was postponed on the 13th due to ballot count, broadcasted two episodes in a row and rated 3.5% and 3.8%, while "Please Come Back, Mister" rated 4.6% and 2.6%.

The final episode of "Descendants of the Sun" showed Captain Yoo (Song Joong-ki) and sergeant Seo (Jin Goo) who were thought to be dead, come back. They miraculously survived thanks to North Korean soldier Ahn Jeong-joon (Ji Seung-hyeon).

They reunited with Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) and lieutenant Yoo (Kim Ji-won-I). The two couples spent happy times. Captain Yoo and Mo-yeon ended with a kiss and sergeant Seo and lieutenant Yoo were able to be together without opposition.

• Like 20

Well is not that entirelly dissapointed with the ending. I am glad that this turnout to be happy emding..eventhough how the two man survived still doubt to me..How can YSJ who already shot and nearlly died can recover in the prison without medical treatmen? Did he really superman? Well but i will let it go since all that matter is he is alive..The scene of YSJ and KMY are sweet but is lack of something ( well u know maybe like bedscene, wedding, honeymoon or well you guys know). And i really want to see how their parents will met together..i hope in the special episode there is more story about their continuation, maybe wedding? Well but lets not have a high hope..

And have you realise? After coming back from Urk KMY becoming more and more like YSJ..like the see trough clothes scene, their first date, and etc..

First the scene where KMY let go all complaint to YSJ is funny, even though she angry and want to be nun but in the end she said 'i love u' and the scene where she ask someone if he can see YSJ is really funny too. How can someone so logicall and reallistic like her believe in ghost, maybe she must begin crazy since meet YSJ.. And medical team, they never disappoint me, how hillarious when they thought they see ghost ( before when they thought it was an earthquake was funny too) i laugh out loud and reply this scene for many times..the car was and camping scene is really funny and romantic too..but i wish there is more skinship between our OTP.

About our 2nd OTP is not that i don't like them or really care ( Gowoon shipper don't hate me) is just maybe my attention being entirelly focus on our first OTP, but the scene where she told she is pregnant is awesome..like she said their relationship is like a hand in hand combat..

KES-nim eventhough i am little bit dissapointed with the flow story but at least u give us one passionate kiss and beautiful ending..

Well overall DOTs is really good drama to me.

• Like 10