[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

2 minutes ago, Meowth07 said:

JFF, but Big Boss's english skills, uhh, make me wanna laugh and cry at the same time Lol. When he boarted to MY "I'll talk to you in english when i'm back", I was like "No you won't" =)) I don't mind the pronunciation since I fully understand, I'm not a native speaker either, but the very~~ slowly~~ speed is just painful :sweatingbullets: SHK does a lot better job, at least her speaking rate is normal.

K lah... Consider it difficult to speak a foreign language under stress... Heh. His pronunciation is pretty good though. I can understand him without subs. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, lindy01 said:

Try to rewatch this scene again. Even though it shows KMY crossover to cover YSJ's eyes, the scene actually didn't happen. I had to repeat it to understand it too but open to other thoughts.

OMGG yeaah she's wearing her pink sweater in that imagination

• Like 4

'Descendants of the Sun' soundtrack sells more than 20,000 copies

SEOUL, April 1 (Yonhap) -- The original soundtrack album of the hit television series "Descendants of the Sun" has sold more than 20,000 copies, dominating domestic online music charts, the album's distributor said Friday.

The sales of the first volume of the OST broke the 20,000-mark during the day, thanks to the unchallenged boom of the military romantic television series, according to MUSIC&NEW.

It is rare for an OST album to hit the 20,000 milestone in the struggling local music market already dominated by streaming or digital downloads.

The OST for the 2013-2014 mega-hit drama "My Love from the Star" sold 27,000 copies.

The "Descendants of the Sun" OST album consists of two volumes. The first volume includes a total of five songs: "Always" by Yoon Mi-rae, "Everytime" by Chen and Punch, "This Love" by Davichi, the Korean and English versions of "You Are My Everything" by Gummy and "Once Again" by Kim Na-young featuring Mad Clown.

The second volume set to drop on April 21 also has five songs by K-Will, SG Wannabe, Lynn, M.C The Max, and Junsu of the K-pop boy band JYJ.

The soundtrack has ranked high on major local music charts.

"This Love" by Davichi topped Genie Music's monthly chart last month, followed by Yoon Mi-rae's "Always."

"You Are My Everything" and "Everytime" came in fifth and sixth on the chart.

KBS 2TV's "Descendants of the Sun" is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m.

Spoiler

The cover of the "Descendants of the Sun" original soundtrack Vol. 1. (Yonhap)

The cover of the "Descendants of the Sun" original soundtrack Vol. 1. (Yonhap)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/01/0701000000AEN20160401011100315.html

AWESOME!THIS DRAMA OST IS SO BEAUTIFULL...

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

K lah... Consider it difficult to speak a foreign language under stress... Heh. His pronunciation is pretty good though. I can understand him without subs. 

To be honest this is probably the first time I see a drama in which the leads are both skilled enough in English for me to not need the subs to understand them. I'm not including actors like Aaron Yan or Yuki Fujikawa who I know both spent part of their youth in the US.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, sanaeozora said:

With makes sense, because if I'm not mistaken, MA in Korea is 4 years. Plus the 10 years of active service, it leaves a year that I assume is the amount he spent in West Point, as he told Mo-yeon as a credential for his English skills. 

So MA (4years) + West Point (1year) + Active Service (10years) = 15 years in (sexy) uniform. :P

Then how old would Mo Yeon be? We know she has to be a bit older than him...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, winterbubbletea said:

Then how old would Mo Yeon be? We know she has to be a bit older than him...

She's 34.

Two disconnected thoughts:

1. One thing that I wish they had addressed is the fact that, even if you wear a bullet proof vest, it still hurts like hell if you get shot, specially at the sort of short distance we had in that corridor. The best case scenario is a really nasty bruise, I hoped that Mi-yeon had asked him about it or, even better had insisted to check his back herself.

2. How am I going to survive till next episode knowing we will have both Song Joong-ki AND Yoo Ah-in together? I seriously hope they will get to share some screentime!!! 

• Like 11

BTW Sergeant Choi may not be our favourite person but he definitely gets a point for being a bomb expert. I would love to see a sequence b/w him and MY. Since we have 4 more episode they can show us bits of all the characters.

Another thought came across my mind lately, someone mentioned that Daniel and Ye Hwa are like fairy godmothers to our OTP. Now to think of it the writers didn't actually need a love line b/w them. They could've just shown Daniel or just a random character. No offence but Ye Hwa isn't actually needed for the story. But they gave these two characters screen times (okay not much). What if the character Daniel is based on the previous SJ who was supposed to be a doctor working with "Doctors Without Borders". Maybe that's why they didn't just cut off the whole role.

Now to think of it I totally forgot the "Doctor Without Borders" thingy lol. It was the first thing that attracted me to this drama. 

• Like 21

at this point, I serious need YSJ and KMY have their bed scene and their happy ever 4ever :wub::blush::wub: if they give us that, I promise to turn my TV on every Wed-Thrus even after DOTS ends just to support KBS's rating :w00t:

6 weeks passed since the first ep, I never image myself can be hooked with another Kdrama like this, as I recalled I adored many good Kdramas, but always be patient enough to wait until they finished airing to watch, or if I follow them, I did not have the habit of re-watch every eps of the drama trying to kill the waiting time, or even I re-watch the episode countless time, the feeling is the same as while I'm watching it live. I am s.o who take my work seriously, so even if there was drama that I love, I could wait until I done with my work and watch it. But DOTS is not just a normal drama, it changed every habits I got, I checked on DOTS's soompi thread whenever I have time, read every comments, feel annoy if some comments talk bad about the cast - argued with that comment (never done that before, as I accept everybody has their own opinion) :blink::phew::D.

12 eps DOTS and me:

ep1: this drama is good, the cast are eye-candy, let's see how good it can be

ep2: what? did the OTP of this drama just fall in love in ep 1, break up in ep 2, and re-united at the end of ep 2? :w00t: and they give us the preview of next week's eps right after it ends? (usually have to freaking wait until next Tuesday to get preview for the next ep that air on Wed). And OMG the Alpha Team, men in military uniform :wub::wub::wub: Captain!!!!!!!!!!!!

ep3: it's melodrama, isn't it? why do I feel like watching movies series, and "save him" that deep voice, melt ...

ep4: noooooooooo, I love listening to You're my everything but no please wait at least 2 mins until I get to see the close-up of the kiss... (and OMG we have the preview for next week's eps too?)

ep5: what is this with this drama, why is it getting better and better, and didn't they say it 60mins/ep, they're trolling us right? it's 10mins/ep only, need to re-watch every episode at least 6 times to feel like 60mins.

ep6: give up on guessing game, the plot of this drama has no cliche, just watch and enjoy being trolled by preview :heart: running out of words to describe

ep7: ok, I get it, it's not melodrama, it's medical mixed blockbuster movie series :w00t::wub::w00t: and how on earth the cast of this drama look more and more beautiful each day?

ep8: e he he he, busted Beauty and master of smirk Big Boss :wub: (the waiting is gonna kill me:tears:), I don't need weekend, Wed-Thrus just come quickly, pls

ep9: the kisses, hay on their hair and back, the "you're a doctor, so do your job, save him, if he need to die, then it's my job" :bawling: I doubt the word "favorite" now, as I have my favorite eps every week, need to find another word for this feeling.

ep10: no, I can't bear this kind of cliffhanger and that kind of preview, as if have to wait is not enough :bawling::cry::dissapointed_relieved::confounded::cold_sweat:

ep11: my heart hurts, what trauma did the bad guy receive to be able to change from s.o who protect human life to that heartless person doing human-traffic and murderer?  

ep12: eh? end with such happy note, better not trolling us now director and writers, make up for that pan-out kiss by giving us the bed scene and happy ever ending. Or else?:blush:

• Like 23