[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

24 minutes ago, enzek said:

why? what kind of drama is that? can you give me the info a bit?

anyhow i'm wonder if there's a guy here who watching this drama. i want to hear a guy perspective about this drama.

Its not a drama its a book by Nicholas Sparks about an army guy who falls in love with a small town girl and what happens...kinda depressing. i don't think DOTs is anything like Dear John but a happy ending seems so hard with DOTs.

• Like 4

My daughter is a diehard kpops fan. And one of her fav is Onew. Becoz of her study, i hv to temporary block her frm wacthing anything related to k world. When she knew that 2 of her fav star was in Dots, Onew and SJK, she like keep appealing sympathy from me to watch this only drama and as a mother and being the only one who are kdrama lover in our family, I decided to let her watching together with me. Atleast, now I learn to know more abt Onew frm her and quite surprise that she knew SJK better than me. I guess I ve always follow kdrama but not their life stories. :)

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, razledgoose said:

@ilovesjk @strawberry_switchblade

I echo your giddiness and I too feel like I am school girl again.  I have been a huge fan of SHK -  and this is the first time I've noticed her to be open and care free - possibly she's giddy as well?  I am not sure of SJK - I have seen all his dramas and feel that his piercing eyes is all the same with his leading ladies ?? or does he look at SHK differently..  **enlighten me ladies**

That's probably because she acts with a hoobae (?). I believe Koreans take this senior-junior thing seriously. So perhaps she needs to be more open and carefree to not create uncomfortable environment between the two of them. Correct me if I'm wrong..but a few years ago..SJK called her sunbaenim (?) but I think it's noona now. I totally don't mind this side of SHK...if SJK can make her happy...I won't mind seeing them in a drama together again. :D

• Like 15

6 hours ago, hrh77 said:

And I know SJK can handle his role with justice (since He is younger in real life, and I don't mind that)......  

why are you so hung up on his age? focus on his acting 

for a drama that's RE-RUNS are outperforming at nearly DOUBLE the ratings of the other "good story's" 1st airing you mentioned - no comment required-- I think the audience and ratings have spoken for themselves.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, saenain said:

I agree with you @inshara2000 I also read quite some negative comments because in general not everyone has the same preference anyway. But here we are and I'm happy there are more people who love it and in Korea itself with ratings going to 24% it clearly means most people love this drama too. I hope it would be more in the future, the actors has worked so hard, even Joong Ki got an accident because he's trying his best to be in this drama, which means he did the stunt by himself and even only took 2 weeks recovery (As I read). So definitely I pray for this movie to be more success in the next episode~~ :wub:

@hrh77 Hope you'll get the story line in the next eps, but I don't this they way both lead act close from being aunt-nephew relationship. hahahaha~ If I have a nephew like Joong Ki staring at me like that, I think I might lose my mind. :D  

Well, at least there's this mystery-confidential thing... I know, military must observe some confidental matters,,  But his characters has beyond some reasons, so that's what quite make me curious..... But if that's gonna be a very petty/ non sense reason... Oh Come on, dear writer---horrible thinking...

I would like to highlight one scene from each episode that I like the most... you might want to share your fav scenes too!!!

1. Episode 1: A scene on the rooftop of the hospital. SJK was so cool here. I really love when he asked SHG out for a date and insist her to answer him immediately... 

2. Episode 2: Scene when they meet up at the cafe and SHG asked for explanation. It must be really hard for him that he couldn't explain and share everything with her and in the end, he could only see her walked away...

3. Episode 3: There are lots of scenes that I like in this episode. Out of that many scenes, the one that I choose is, a scene they salute the flag when they heard the national anthem - SJK gently turns SGH around to face the flag - SJK softly said to SGH that he is glad to see her again... I found this scene was really beautiful in many ways... the ambiance, the couple, the respect... I really had a different feelings when I watched this scene... It made me miss my country so much and love my country more... (Well, I never knew that I have this strong patriotic feelings... hehehe)...

4. Episode 4:It's definitely the wine kiss... awww...  

• Like 21

7 hours ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

Individually. you may like SJK or SHK in other projects.

But in Descendants of the sun, you most probably do have a problem with their acting; you just don't realize it or want to admit it. Not as in every scenes of the drama but at least their acting in couple scenes. Because if SJK and SHK do their job convincingly enough for you, you will feel their chemistry; if they don't do enough for you, there must be something wrong in the way they deliver their lines, the way the look at each other's eye or their body gesture...that makes you feel there is no chemistry. Chemistry problems happen for a viewer when characters or one of them just simply deliver their lines without sincerity; or maybe the script is just too cringe-worthy that even actor/actress's acting can't save it. I don't think the script of DOTS is that bad so the problem will mostly about how you feel about their acting when in love.

It is fine if you don't feel the chemistry between SJK and SHK but too bad, DOTS is about the love story of SJ and MY. So you may have to skip a lot of scenes or have to endure them then. Who knows, you may change your opinion later.

I agree with...  Even from the beginning, during the promos and hasn't been aired... I know from then, they don't have the chemistry (it's like mehh)---which is something you really can't explain, for some reasons.... But since I'm really a big fan of this 2, just too bad (for me), not a good project for them...:wub:  There's really nothing wrong with their acting, they just follow the director & writers...

Nevertheless, I just really want to find out their locations (that always inspires me),  SJK mysterious character, & SHK fashion..B)

Please let her have her hown opinion afterall its free speech forum. Her dissatisfaction might be among some certain minimum percentage of DoTS viewer,  she might be waiting for another superfect Kdrama which is going to rival DoTS ehm.. let her wait coz im sure is not going to wait and just enjoy whatever DoTS going to over with my dreaming couple to my heart content. Lets us as shipper of SJK and SHG be wise.

Im not going to change her opinion as well as i feel her opinion brought me to earth as i was going to fly beforehand hehehe. Well part of Yin and Yang of the world. Please be happy of DoTS fans and shipper afterall just for this one we dont put ourselves in the minority option.

• Like 16

12 hours ago, enzek said:

guy how about we play a quiz while waiting for the next episode?

questions:

1) how did you started watching this drama?

2) what scene that started make you hooked for this drama?

3) what your most favourite line from the male lead from overall episode so far?

4) what your most favourite line from the female lead from overall episode so far?

1. i've been waiting for this Song JoongKi and Song Hye Gyo drama !! so i've been following teaser by teaser and all the news since their casting news confirmed. 

2) actually without particular scene, i already promise myself to follow this drama live every wed and thurs lol. but the scene that makes my heart beat is the helicopter scene !!!! <3 ITS JUST <333 

3) off course the famous passing coincidence line <3 i've been use that quote for my status in my instagram and my whatsapp lol

4) hnmm. when she explain why she is a doctor. show me that she is really believe on what she's doing :)

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL EPISODE 5. 

2 MORE NIGHT! 

• Like 17

Hi.. DoTS troopers..Happy to know that DoTS have more than 2 beautifull song. So couldn't get boring at all for listening one good song rerun everytime also in beginning or ending the drama...And .. i love you... from "always" not as same tragic hearing as ..love this moment... from heirs. Lol... Can't wait for two new soundtrack from K.will and Gummy (i guess) release soon in this week -3 :) 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

Yoo Shi Jin is so dreamy.... 

this man.. I will sell my soul to devil if I can be with a man like him... in my next life..

LOL... than u have sell ur soul to the king of devil , because out there million women will do so. and u won't win if just meet an ordinary one :blush:

• Like 7