[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

guy how about we play a quiz while waiting for the next episode?

questions:

1) how did you started watching this drama?

2) what scene that started make you hooked for this drama?

3) what your most favourite line from the male lead from overall episode so far?

4) what your most favourite line from the female lead from overall episode so far?

my answer:

stumble a preview in youtube from KBS World TV

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N09SIU1SUJI

sorry if it don't appear here. i'm an amateur about this thing:tears:

Descendants of The Sun | 태양의 후예 [Preview -ver.1] - the video title

then read the description about the plot.

"This story tells of doctors stationed in the fictional war zone of Urk (Uruk), and follows the love story that develops between a surgeon (Kang Mo-yeon) and a special forces officer (Yoo Shi-jin), both elite in their respective fields. The story will track both their personal and professional struggles while exploring issues about the value of life". -dramawiki-

a soldier and a doctor in the war zone? ok on!

Spoiler

http://41.media.tumblr.com/b4ffcc39db2ad66eb9ab2226a7298de3/tumblr_nmef3jZimT1u7ppjwo1_540.jpg

credit to the owner

when the sexy captain (at first i only thought he's just cute but when continue watching, wow he's so manly:w00t:) and the beautiful doctor flirting while she's treating his wound:wub:

Spoiler

http://49.media.tumblr.com/6b82779fe42e8496a81c0e231e3e11d9/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go1_250.gif http://45.media.tumblr.com/347bbe46bdd7b9799c4745f922432a80/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go8_250.gif

http://49.media.tumblr.com/cb10ef9c7e14d64d6752e873e1e055b2/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go2_250.gif http://49.media.tumblr.com/8ade8b6d601c4a88a06a51897921f8f1/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go3_250.gif

http://49.media.tumblr.com/ec7b49e8e029992cdb2018a18908ad77/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go9_250.gif http://45.media.tumblr.com/21162b2607e74c77124998e2e5a04750/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go5_250.gif

http://45.media.tumblr.com/e2c207755ec1242d460fe321176bae3c/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go4_250.gif http://45.media.tumblr.com/72e1f59bf06b7a47d8a0ddb21ea15005/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go10_250.gif

http://45.media.tumblr.com/adc40fa898a78d465a3cffc5296917f9/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go7_250.gif http://45.media.tumblr.com/6dabb905c5692a4d9924e19c94b68e35/tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go6_250.gif

credit to joongkihxnts.tumblr

and their dialogue:

MY: I stitched it up. You can take out the stitches after a week. Until then, you must sterilise the wound every day. There is a clinic in the army, right?

SJ: May I come here?

MY: Isn't this too far?

SJ: It is. May I come every day?

MY: That's not necessary. You can come 3 or 4 times a week if you want to heal quickly.

SJ: Will you be my doctor?

MY: It's just sterilisation. You don't need a doctor for that.

SJ: I do. Especially...the doctor's beauty.

MY: If you pick doctors based on their looks, you get the best option. I'll reserve you a slot for 2 pm.

SJ: (come closer to MY) Doctors don't have boyfriends. They're too busy.

MY: Soldiers don't have girlfriends. Too much hard work.

SJ: Who will answer? (staring at her)

MY: (just smiling and staring back at him)

and then me:

Spoiler

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcz79jnkJu1qlt8tl.gif

credit to the owner

Spoiler

http://33.media.tumblr.com/0b44c4014cf3c43c9fdc3cd13cef31ad/tumblr_inline_nte8egkaIH1ritz83_500.gif

credit to the owner

for my answer for 3 and 4 i will continue after this:P

• Like 21

1 hour ago, dienummereins said:

so, that cheerfull dots 4th ost by K-Will called you are my everything??

I thought the other mellow song with gummy-like-voice that have "you are my everything" on it lyrics will be the one called you are my everything hahahaa

Hahahaha~ I have the same idea too. But I'm waiting for K.Will Song to be release because I've been waiting since Eps.1~~~ :D

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, alleverything said:

i never got this scene from ep 3? he suddenly stops and holds her head, asking her if she really only needed internet? I never got the point of that scene, anyone?

It's actually a cute joke, YSJ trying to get KMY attention a.k.a skinship~hahaha~ he's exaggerate and trying to look surprised when he saw the internet 'cafe/house'  That's a thing that a guy do to the girl he likes. I like this scene because it's a small gesture trying to get someone attention.

That's from what I see ;)

• Like 12

@enzek Ha I like this.

• Heard about it when SJK was discharged and went to the script reading two days later. Looked up what it would be about and was instantly excited.

• I can't really name one scene from what has aired. But this made me hooked before it even started airing.
    tumblr_nzx1b0olya1uq4zv4o5_r1_400.giftumblr_nzx1b0olya1uq4zv4o6_r1_400.gif

3) what your most favourite line from the male lead from overall episode so far?

Spoiler

96QkNCW.jpg

4) what your most favourite line from the female lead from overall episode so far?

• This entire talk from her. I just thought she was so cool here. Shutting down that pervert, who also happens to be the hospital president.
    Spoiler

qjfkGy3.jpg

• Like 20

On 6 March 2016 at 11:28 PM, alleverything said:

i never got this scene from ep 3? he suddenly stops and holds her head, asking her if she really only needed internet? I never got the point of that scene, anyone?

mod edit: please do not quote images!

I think it's part of his joke to her and to break the ice because of their conversation before .. when KMY ask about the beach and YSJ answer with it's far away (sound not good to KMY) then KMY said are you venting your frustation at me to YSJ...after that they both have tense.. :) 

• Like 18

@enzek

1) how did you started watching this drama? Hahahaha~ been waiting since last year, I saw article about SJK getting accident from making a drama :( then I wonder what it is. 

2) what scene that started make you hooked for this drama? When YSJ instantly falls for KMY, he talks to Seo Do Yeong but his focus on KMY, it's too cute. It's love at first sight~ :wub: Practically I was hooked with this drama from the first 15min? LOL But my fav scene when KMY treat YSJ for his wound ~~~

3) what your most favorite line from the male lead from overall episode so far? "Doctors didn't have any boyfriend. Too busy.." and each time YSJ say, "Like a real man" *melting away*

4) what your most favorite line from the female lead from overall episode so far? "Soldier didn't have any girlfriend. Too tiring..."

• Like 18

@alleverything

I thought she was blocking his view so he moved her out of the way LOL. Because initially he did not plan to take her to Daniel's shop but it just occurred to him that the Internet there was faster so he stopped the car to consider it as they passed by the place. That's what I thought. 

• Like 17

Its so late me of me and just realized that 2 OST with the exception of OST everytime contain some teaser of next episodes. Huraay

From OST This Love:

1. SDY being called on the phone by MJ while walking in the street of SK

2. SDY back to Urk and meet MJ there with destruction of Urk (Earth quake possibility)

3. MJ in a truck with soldiers facing the road of Urk, I thik there is SDY too

From OST Always:

1. KMY teaching Urk children

2. Uniform, gun and helmet put in a bed belonging to USJ (his Urk Uniform) 

3.  SJ waiting for the bus and nightdreaming in the bus

4. SJ being alone in his bed room (might be in SK) looking his dog tag (or somebody else dog tag with masquito rolled being light.

5. KMY ligting the candle and holding the stone 

6. Helmet being put in the ground, becoz SJ is tying MY shoe lace (SJ helmet)

I Think i might be mad mad mad

• Like 16

Cr. songjoongkibaidu on IG

This scene where YSJ is laying on the bed, i wonder if it's after he packed his stuffs and lay on the bed to rest.  Seems like he's deep in thoughts while looking at his ID tag.  Wonder what he's thinking?  Is he reflecting on whether he did the right thing?  Also, the focus after that is on the mosquito coil burning, it must be resembling something.

• Like 23

17 hours ago, ilovesjk said:

I thought she was blocking his view so he moved it out of the way LOL. Because initially he did not plan to take her to Daniel's shop but it just occurred to him that the Internet there was faster so he stopped the car to consider it as they passed by the place. That's what I thought.

your right....but my thought ....like what he said ...he was always in the upper hand....and one thing that he likes to do was always be gentleman to KMY...instead of just brash her away not to block his sight to look around.....he hold her forehead  to see if  they can approach somebody on that shop.

• Like 11

Every time I watch the beginning of Ep. 4, i love the moment when the medical team moved the patient to the operation room.

It started from the dialogue: "I can save him" "Then save him!

- The Captain's radio off

- The sound of the guns

- The soldiers stand in line protecting the medical team

- All of them moved in sync, clockwise..

- KMY looked at YSJ first

- Then YSJ looked at KMY

A moment of high tension!

• Like 21

1) how did you started watching this drama?

- As any dedicated fan of SJK's, I waited for him through his military service and it was one of the best news of my life when he decided to take on a project as soon as he discharged. SJK being in the drama already was enough reason for me to watch. For many weeks/month(s), there were speculations of who the female lead would be and from the very beginning, I wanted Song Hye Kyo. I discussed this with my significant other and he told me the chances were slim concluding that SJK is too baby faced for SHK. I disagreed as I felt SJK was compatible with Park Shi Yeon of Nice Guy who I personally think look mature and was older than SJK. I kept my hopes high and everyday I checked the web for news regarding this matter and one afternoon I saw the first article that SHK was offered the role, not some fan speculations but an official news! You better believe I jumped for joy! And when she actually confirmed the role, well, the rest is history! Not going to lie that I felt this happened because I wanted it so bad, much like SJK's answer regarding their pairing too.

- Mine may be a bit bias but it was the first teaser where YSJ asked KMY to apologize or confess for the kiss he gave her without her permission. From the moment I saw these two on one screen, I was hooked!

- "I was okay until now but I suddenly feel the urge to break out of here because of a certain someone."

(This line really shows just how much Kang Mo Yeon means to him. It pains him to see her hurt.)

- "The next time I watch a movie with a guy, I shouldn't watch a fun movie. Because for many months after, that movie was all over the news and it kept me thinking of you. Because that day wasn't about the movie for me, it was about Yoo Si Jin."

(This line I felt was the first time she said aloud to him how much she really liked him and how hard she took their breakup.)

• Like 24

25 minutes ago, ilovesjk said:

@alleverything

I thought she was blocking his view so he moved it out of the way LOL. Because initially he did not plan to take her to Daniel's shop but it just occurred to him that the Internet there was faster so he stopped the car to consider it as they passed by the place. That's what I thought. 

And maybe because he itches to touch her too, i mean there's a sexy doctor even without her surgery gown beside him. Lol

@missling1 how can he makes a mosquito coil looks romantic? Hahhaha. That's a mosquito coil on the instagram not an aromatheraphy candle right?

• Like 7

On 5 March 2016 at 3:23 AM, stargazer187 said:

And I think I've re-played this scene for 10+ times already... And I end up making this one too... Smiling Face With Open Mouth and Tightly-Closed Eyes

KMY "will it not blow up?"

YSJ "it will. I'll die instead"

Me: Can't stop smiling like a fool... Smiling Face With Heart-Shaped Eyes *start over to rewind the scene*

mod edit: please do not quote images!

I love this iscene so much... I don't know how many time i repeat episode 3..

• Like 13

I read it or saw a clip somewhere earlier but can't remember where :sweatingbullets: apparently it's reported that after airing for 2 episodes only, the feedback this drama is getting from viewers etc are so overwhelming that by the end of 3rd episode, it has surpassed MLFTS in viewership ratings.  Hence, the articles that @utkim posted are probably talking about that and how well this drama is receiving the attention and attracting million viewers.  Please correct me if this isn't the case.  Thanks :)

@dienummereins: IKR, if some sexy guy whispers to me and with that sexy gaze too, i'd definitely shivers and feels the chill down the spine from excitement.  With that scene where YSJ flips the phone off KMY's hand, it would be nice to see the BTS clip, would like to see how it's done... if it was shot successfully in one go :lol: and yes the part conversation re: sergeant- sheriff, YSJ was holding himself not to laugh out loud, can't believe he's so playful... looking at his facial expression, i actually thought he acted this scene quite naturally and played this scene repeatedly haha.  Come to think of it, was it in episode 4 that KMY got it right and said it's sergeant or was I imagining it? :D I can't seem to find it :(

@ladyme: Hahahah yes, it's a mosquito coil.  How can he make it looks romantic? Me dunno either... maybe cos it's SJK? lol

• Like 17

Spoiler

SJK_stare_1?async&rand=0.599777536182851

The 2 pics on the top, you can see YSJ's gaze on her is so intense.  If you watch this part of the clip, he actually turned to look at her directly when she was talking and keeps pushing him away, with that closeness, how can one breathe normally? Heart would have been beating so fast! :lol:

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Every time I watch the beginning of Ep. 4, i love the moment when the medical team moved the patient to the operation room.

It started from the dialogue: "I can save him" "Then save him!

- The Captain's radio off

- The sound of the guns

- The soldiers stand in line protecting the medical team

- All of them moved in sync, clockwise..

- KMY looked at the YSJ first

- Then YSJ looked at KMY

A moment of high tension!

Yes i do too.. i rerun this part of eps 4 many time. It's so tense and the filming of this smooth and tasty (sorry if im not very good to tell what i caught) and so touching that YSJ just put his ruler of obey under his feeling to protect his crush on dr KMY but still he's undertaking his act not so rush because he's asked to KMY first if she could save the patient and just taking a minute for him to make a move.. love it :) 

• Like 10

Hi friends. Just a friendly reminder, please don't quote images because we've been warned too many times by the mods. I really don't want this thread closed down. :) Also it would be nice not to quote long posts either and instead just tag the person you're responding too. That way we don't get repetitive posts throughout the thread. Just a suggestion. :) 

• Like 12