Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

May 28, 2015

Lee Joon Says He Introduced Go Ah Sung to Future Co-Star Im Siwan

Soompi

lee-joon-go-ah-sung-im-siwan.jpg

Actor Lee Joon claims that he was the one who orchestrated the first meeting between Go Ah Sung and ZE:A‘s Im Siwan, who will soon be starring together in a new film.

Lee Joon recently sat down with Osen to talk about his drama “Heard It Through the Grapevine,” as well as what’s currently going on in his life.

During the interview, the topic of the recent Baeksang Arts Awards comes up. Lee Joon and Im Siwan had both been nominated for the best new actor award, and Im Siwan ended up taking home the prize. Go Ah Sung also grabbed the award for best new actress.

“I’ve been nominated together with Im Siwan a few times before,” says Lee Joon. “I predicted that Im Siwan would get it. Go Ah Sung too. So I went there to congratulate the two of them.”

“I actually had introduced the two of them before by buying them a drink,” he says. “Go Ah Sung is my co-star right now, and in her next work she’ll be acting with Im Siwan. So I was connecting the two of them.”

He adds, “It really is a small world.”

He then goes on to talk about friends of his in the entertainment world. “I’m close with Kwanghee, Im Siwan, Jung Yong Hwa, and some others. We give each other a lot of support. We don’t contact each other much, but when there’s really good news or something, we congratulate each other and share the happiness.”

May 28, 2015

Baeksang honors new, veteran stars

Prestigious TV, film awards gives top prize to Choi Min-sik for his turn in ‘Roaring Currents’

BY LEE HOO-NAM, KIM HYUNG-EUN [hkim@joongang.co.kr] INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

28055316.jpg

From left: Best actor and actress awards in the TV and film categories at the 51st edition of the Baeksang Arts Awards went to Lee Sung-min (“Misaeng”), Song Yun-ah (“Mama”), Yum Jung-ah (“Cart”), Lee Sun-kyun and Cho Jin-woong (“A Hard Day”). The awards are organized by Ilgan Sports, a Korea JoongAng Daily affiliate, and the Tuesday evening ceremony was broadcast live through iQiyi, the online video subsidiary of Chinese web giant Baidu. [JoongAng Ilbo]

This year’s Baeksang Arts Awards honored both experienced veterans and experimental youngsters.

Actor Choi Min-sik took home the grand prize at the 2015 edition of the ceremony on Tuesday evening for his portrayal of the complex, emotional battle of Admiral Yi Sun-sin (1545-1598), one of Korea’s most beloved war heroes, in the record-setting film “Roaring Currents” (2014). 

Na Young-seok, the star TV producer behind some of Korea’s most watched and talked about entertainment programs such as “Grandpas Over Flowers,” also won the grand prize at the awards, which honors talent in both film and television.

This marks the first time an entertainment show producer has clinched the grand prize in the event’s half-century history, which some critics say reflects how these programs are the hottest format on Korean TV nowadays compared to drama series, which formerly dominated the tube

28055334.jpg
Na Young-seok

It was notable that Baeksang honored impressive acting skills regardless of how popular the actors were or the length of their career.

For instance, actor Lee Sung-min, who delivered the regrets and passion of a middle-aged, average Korean office worker in tvN’s drama “Misaeng” (2014), won the best actor award in the TV category. Before the show, Lee had mostly played supporting roles and hadn’t received much spotlight. It was the actor’s first Baeksang.

In fact, “Misaeng” was one of the brightest stars at the awards, beating rivals from terrestrial channels KBS, MBC and SBS, which are the usual winners. Both the best director award and the best male newcomer award went to two of the people behind “Misaeng”: producer Kim Won-seok and actor Yim Si-wan.

“Viewers saw from ‘Misaeng’ more than what I performed in it,” Yim said. “It goes to prove that ‘Misaeng’ had that much more significance and that there are many ‘Jang Geu-raes’ in the world,” referring to the character he played, an entry-level office worker who lacks wealth and higher education.

28055350.jpg
Choi Min-sik

For best actor in the film category the jury decided Lee Sun-kyun and Cho Jin-woong of action movie “A Hard Day” (2013) were equally as deserving and conferred on both the award. It was the first time in 40 years for the best actor award to be given to two individuals. The best movie director award was also given to Kim Seong-hun of “A Hard Day.”

As for the best actress award in film, veteran Yum Jung-ah, who played an irregular worker at a mart facing a sudden layoff in “Cart” (2014), took home the prize. The same award in TV went to Song Yun-ah, who played an equally desperate character in MBC drama series “Mama” (2014), about a single mom who becomes terminally ill.

SBS series “Heard it Through the Grapevine” received the best drama award. Go Ah-sung, who appeared on the show, took home the best new actress award. 

“I found the screenplay [of ‘Heard It’] so interesting that I’m concerned I’ll find all the scripts I’ll get in the future to be dull,” she said. 

“Revivre,” a movie by veteran director Im Kwon-taek, won both best film and best supporting actress (Kim Ho-jung). The movie stars Ahn Sung-ki as a man who finds himself attracted to a young and beautiful woman while his wife is dying of a brain tumor. Kim Ho-jung plays the wife.

Best new actor and actress awards went to K-pop star-turned-actor Park Yoo-chun for “Sea Fog” (2014) by Bong Joon Ho, and Chun Woo-hee for indie film “Han Gong-ju” (2013). 

*** I didn’t know that LJ is close with ISW not until I read this. :P

Lee Joon reveals he introduced his co-star Go Ah Sung to Siwan

http://static1.allkpop.com/upload/2015/05/af_org/Lee-Joon-Siwan_1432822676_af_org.jpg

Actor Lee Joon talked about his 'Heard It Through the Grapevine' partner, actress Go Ah Sung, specifically about introducing her to Siwan, whom she's starring with in their upcoming movie, 'Thinking of Elder Brother.'

During his interview with OSEN in a cafe in Samcheongdong on May 28, he talked about Siwan and Go Ah Sung receiving the best rookie awards at the '51st Baeksang Arts Awards.'  "Now and then, I get nominated with Siwan," he started off.  "I was already predicting that Siwan would get it.  It's the same with Go Ah Sung, so I went there to congratulate the two of them.

"In the past, I'd introduced Go Ah Sung and Siwan by buying drinks for them.  Go Ah Sung is acting as my partner right now and, in her next production, she's working with Siwan. That's why I introduced the two of them.  I felt then how small the world could be."

He then talked in general about his close celebrity friends, saying, "I'm close to people like Kwanghee, Siwan, and Yonghwa.  We support one another a lot.  We don't contact one another that often, but whenever something really good happens, we congratulate one another and share the happiness."

Meanwhile, 'Heard It Through the Grapevine' will be ending on June 2!

source : allkpop

June 1, 2015

Si Wan's warm eye contact

Source: Hancinema.net

photo598952.jpg

Holl Hous held a signing event with their model, Si Wan on May 31st in Hyundai Department Store in Mok-dong, Seoul.

Si Wan met his fans during the event.

Meanwhile, Si Wan took on the role as Second Lieutenant Han Sang-yeol in movie, 'Thinking of My Older Brother'. He began shooting for the movie on May 18th.

June 2, 2015

Webtoon expands Korea's comics market

By Kwon Mee-yoo The Korea Times

14-04(113).jpg

Actor Yim Si-wan is featured on a poster for the 2014 tvN drama "Misaeng." The hit drama was based on a webtoon of the same name by cartoonist Yoon Tae-ho. / Courtesy of tvN

"Misaeng," a hit tvN drama depicting office life at a trading company that swept the nation last year, was based on Yoon Tae-ho's webtoon (web cartoon) of the same name. The 2013 movie "Secretly, Greatly," starring hallyu heartthrob Kim Soo-hyun, which attracted some 7 million viewers, was also based on a webtoon.

The new form of online-based comics has become a new driving force of Korea's comics industry.

According to research by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korea Creative Content Agency (KCCC) released Monday, the Korean webtoon industry has grown to some 171.9 billion won ($155 million). The estimated size of the industry includes the cartoonist's fees (53.6 billon won), labor costs for cartoon assistants (26.8 billion won), advertising revenue (40.5 billion won) and paid contents earnings (11.2 billion won).

Webtoons account for a substantial proportion of Korea's comics industry, which was dull for a while in the early 2000s. The cartoon industry was about 436.2 billion won in 2005, but grew to 758.2 billion won in 2012.

The survey revealed that 4,661 cartoonists are providing 4,440 webtoons for online portals and other major webtoon platforms. Among them, 748 webtoons were paid contents.

The price of webtoons varied widely, with the best earners receiving around 5 million to 6 million won per episode, while newbies received some 1 million won per month. In addition to the fees, web cartoonists also make profit by drawing commercial webtoons and participating in product placement advertisements (PPL).

More webtoons are making their way out of the monitor to small and big screens. In 2014, 73 webtoons were made into movies and 50 have already reached screens.

The KCCC said webtoons are a unique platform for comics developed in Korea and they encompass a wide range of themes and materials which has a potential for international success.

"The government should support localization of webtoons by providing proper translation based on understanding of the local culture," the KCCC said in the report.

June 2, 2015

BoA's kiss scene with Si Wan

Source: etnews via Hancinema.net

photo599618.jpg

While news about BoA's appearance in "Three Meals A Day" has been going around, her kiss scene with Si Wan has come up the surface again.

This happened in the drama "Hope for Love".

Si Wan invited BoA to his house and said, "My parents aren't home. I can spend the weekend with you".

As soon as she took off her jacket, Si Wan pushed her to the wall and kissed her. A décor on the mantelpiece fell and hit his head and he hid himself in the bathroom.

15 Must-read webtoons that turned into dramas or movies

Webtoons are the latest trend in Korea especially for those who are bored out of their minds and have access to the computer. And surprisingly, there are copious unique yet talented authors and illustrators residing in Korea who will get you lost in the fantastic worlds that they have created.

Webtoons are comics that get released on a weekly basis via popular portal sites such as Naver and Daum. They have a huge community of people who visit these sections on a daily basis.

We've gathered 15 popular webtoons that have been reinterpreted for dramas and movies. Perhaps these will inspire you to create your own webtoon and submit it to 'Talk! Talk! Korea 2015' global sweepstakes. First place winners will be awarded with a round-trip ticket to Korea!  

(skipped unrelated.....)

Misaeng' by Yoon Tae Ho

talktalkkorea_1433360941_20150603_11.jpg

One line synopsis: Story about people who are struggling to succeed in their life one move after the other.

Why we love it: Never has there been such a heartwarming storyline about normal office workers that was this relatable. It draws out the minor to major issues that employees will face at least once in their work field, all the while bringing hope to ordinary people, such as Jang Gu Rae, to never give up despite what the circumstances may be.

Find it: http://webtoon.daum.net/webtoon/view/miseng

• 4 weeks later...

ZE:A’s Kwang Hee Explains Why His Car Is Different From Im Si Wan’s and Park Hyung Sik’s

ZE:A’s Kwang Hee Explains Why His Car Is Different From Im Si Wan’s and Park Hyung Sik’s

ZE:A member and variety star Kwang Hee is very open about feeling envious of fellow members Im Si Wan and Park Hyung Sik and jealous of the way the group’s management agency, Star Empire, supposedly treats the two idol-actor members.

So when he was asked while filming for KBS’s Thursday night variety show, “Happy Together,” if the agency is starting to treat him differently now that he is a member of the popular MBC variety show “Infinity Challenge,” Kwang Hee proudly revealed that he has been given his own van (instead of the group van), like Im Si Wan and Park Hyung Sik. But, he adds, his van doesn’t have the same top like the others. It is assumed that he is talking about the extra top layer or cap on the van as you can below:

A typical celebrity van

A typical celebrity van

Kwang Hee explains, “When I complained, the agency said, ‘How could you have a top when Yoo Jae Suk doesn’t have one.” He further clarifies that the agency wants him to live “innocently” like Yoo Jae Suk, so they don’t even want him to go to the mall. “They even regretted that I got the dental veneers!”

This episode of “Happy Together” airs July 2 on KBS at 11:10 p.m.

Source (1) / soompi news

ZE:A′s Kwang Hee Says He is More Popular than Im Si Wan Now

ZE:A′s Kwang Hee spoke confidently of his popularity.

Kwang Hee will appear on jTBC′s Non-Summit to have a debate on the topic ′Best Country to Live in′ with the new panelists.

ZE:A′s Kwang Hee Says He is More Popular than Im Si Wan Now

During a recent recording for Non-Summit, Kwang Hee asked the G12 members about their level of awareness of the ZE:A members.

When the G12 members said they didn′t know the ZE:A members, Kwang Hee praised himself, saying "I′ve surpassed Im Si Wan."

Meanwhile, the G12 members addressed a teenager′s submission stating that Korea is a bad place to live, sharing the pros and cons of their own countries, respectively, stating "The gap between the rich and poor in America is really big," "Brazil is disorganized" and more.

After learning that Norway was number one on the index, the other members tossed many questions at the new Norway representative.

The Non-Summit episode on the ′Best Country to Live in′ will air on Monday, July 6 at 11 p.m. KST.

Photo credit: jTBC / enews

Si Wan, "Hwang Kwang-hee isn't jealous anymore"

photo611879.jpg

Si Wan mentioned Hwang Kwang-hee on "TV News At Night".

SBS show "TV News At Night" dealt with the Ra Yoon-kyeong assault, Han Kyeong-seon's death, Girl's Generation comeback and Girl's Day's comeback and showcase.

Si Wan was asked if Hwang Kwang-hee still envied the other members of ZE:A - Children of Empire and he responded, "He's not like that anymore. He has his share of the fame so he's quite content".

Si Wan continued, "I captured a picture of him wearing stockings on "Infinite Challenge" and posted it online".

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Translation : Hancinema

Siwan says Kwanghee isn't jealous of him anymore

ZEA-Kwanghee-Siwan_1436476226_af_org.jpg

ZE:A's Kwanghee is known to be the jealous type when it comes to the popularity of his fellow members, but has his permanent spot on 'Infinity Challenge' changed that?

On a recent episode of SBS' 'One Night of TV Entertainment', Siwan was asked if Kwanghee is still jealous and he replied, "It's not like that. To make a comparison, we can say that Kwanghee's 'plate of food' is filled up now and he's living an abundant life."

Siwan also revealed, "I saw Kwanghee with a stocking over his head on 'Infinity Challenge' and screen captured it and uploaded it on my SNS. Kwanghee, are you watching?" he said while laughing.

Here's the Twitter post that Siwan was referring to! In the screenshot's caption it says, "Siwan, are you watching?" and Siwan wittily replies in his tweet, "I'm watching."

Siwan_1436476247_Kwanghee-Siwan_14363978

• 2 weeks later...

12 Korean dramas based on popular webtoons

There are tons of drama adaptations that came from manga, manhwa, and anime source material, but the latest big trend in dramaland is the webtoon. It seems like almost every new drama these days originally appeared as a popular comic online, and, given that these drama adaptations come with a built-in fan base, it's easy to see the draw! But which adaptations pulled off the transition from webtoon to drama most successfully? Take a look at these 10 examples and decide for yourself!

(skipped unrelated.....)

6. Misaeng

Based on Misaeng by Yoon Tae Ho

a3f47f4c-1338-4c41-8994-7cc53da5c222.jpg

(Image via)

Quite possibly the biggest webtoon-based hit, tvN series Misaeng raked in awards last year. The initial character posters also played up the webtoon origins.

0f863aed-ce98-4001-b70a-23da6720581d.jpg

source : dramafever

• 2 weeks later...

Netizens discuss: Top 9 male idol-actors!

limsiwan

Posted on Pann, netizens discuss idols that have proved themselves on the silver screen with their impressive acting skills.

Originally posted on Pann, netizens discuss idols that have been proven to act well on dramas and movies.

Titled “My Thoughts On Idols That Act,” here is the direct translation of the post and comments below.

1. ZE:A Lim Siwan

Source: Pann / koreaboo

• 2 weeks later...

Im Siwan Avoids Seeing Kwanghee at All Costs the Day Before Filming?

Im Siwan Avoids Seeing Kwanghee at All Costs the Day Before Filming?

On the August 10 broadcast of SBS talk show “Healing Camp,” Park Hyung Sik and Im Siwan surprised fellow ZE:A member Kwanghee with their appearance as special guests.

“It’s been too long since I’ve seen you,” Kwanghee exclaimed when he saw Im Siwan, “Although I see Hyung Sik often.”

In response to Kwanghee’s disappointment, Im Siwan said, “I support Kwanghee’s life, but if I meet him more than once a week, I get drained of energy.”

He continued, “I definitely don’t meet up with him the day before filming.”

Im Siwan2

Meanwhile, Im Siwan is currently filming for film “Oppa’s Thought” (working title), where he will be starring alongside actress Go Ah Sung.

Source (1) / soompi news

Seoul International Drama Awards seeks to widen global reach

This year’s nominees include series from Angola, Canada, Germany, France, Turkey and Norway

The 10th Seoul International Drama Awards has widened its global reach and incorporated new formats such as Web series in this year’s nominations.

“The past 10 years have seen a big change in world drama,” the awards’ secretary-general, Kim Jong-hwa, said of the efforts for global expansion.

“Whereas in the past, only dramas from a handful of countries such as the U.S. or Japan were introduced to the world, now, we are seeing work from a wide variety of countries.”

Nominated for Grand Prize are shows such as “Open Your Eyes” (Angola), “The Good Sister” (Canada), “Naked Among Wolves” (Germany), “Woman Under Influence” (France), “Jane the Virgin” (U.S.) and more.

Korean nominees include the hit office drama “Misaeng,” “Snowy Path,” “Bad Guys” and “Yuna’s Street.”

Promotional poster for the 10th Seoul International Drama Awards (Seoul Drama Awards Organizing Committee)

The awards also created the “New Trend Drama” category this year, which awards Web series, to reflect the diversification of drama format and theme.

The SIDA, which celebrates its 10th event this year, is an annual award show that judges both local and international drama series.

A total of 24 drama series and 25 directors, screenwriters and actors have been nominated as finalists from 212 submissions from over 48 countries.

This year, the foreign finalists have been aired on four major Korean channels -- KBS, MBC, SBS and EBS -- ahead of the award ceremony, allowing local viewers to see them beforehand.

The awards are divided into a total of five categories in the competition segment -- Grand Prize, Best Director, Best Screenwriter, Best Actor and Best Actress -- each subdivided into three sections of TV Movie, miniseries and serial drama. The non-competition segment comprises the New Trend, Asian Stars, Outstanding Korean Drama and K-Wave Contribution categories.

The head of the judging committee is actor Choi Bool-am, who has been a strong presence in the Korean film and television industry since his debut in 1967.

The festival plans to invite international actors such as Wallace Chung from Hong Kong, Odagiri Joe from Japan, Chen Bolin from Taiwan and more. The American actor Milo Ventimiglia -- best known for his role as Peter Petrelli in the NBC series “Heroes” -- will be speaking at the Global Drama Forum on Sept. 10 at 10:30 a.m.

The 10th SIDA will take place on Sept. 10. The awards will be pre-recorded at 7 p.m. and broadcast at 11 p.m. on MBC. Producer Kim Yu-gon -- who helmed the reality show “Dad! Where Are You Going?” -- will be directing.

A full list of nominated finalists will be available on the SIDA website www.seouldrama.org on Wednesday.

By Rumy Doo (bigbird@heraldcorp.com)

Park Hyung Shik talksa bout his relationship with Lim Si Wan & Hwang Kwang Hee

Park Hyung Shik told that Lim Si Wan is his counsellor and Hwang Kwang Hee is a good friend who always shows great care for him.

On August 10th, ZE:A's Park Hyung Shik, Kwang Hee, and Lim Si Wan appeared on channel SBS' 'Healing Camp.'

During the program, Park Hyung Shik was asked to describe his relationship with Lim Si Wan and Hwang Kwang Hee, and he replied, "In case of Si Wan, he is more like a great counsellor."

Park Hyung Shik continued, "Kwang Hee is more like a close friend. He always looks like he does not give much care for anyone, but he is always the one who celebrates me first whenever something good happens to me."

Meanwhile, Park Hyung Shik and Hwang Kwang Hee revealed a great number of hidden stories during this week's 'Healing Camp.'

Park Hyung Shik talksa bout his relationship with Lim Si Wan & Hwang Kwang Hee

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

August 18, 2015

Apink′s Jung Eun Ji and ZE:A′s Im Si Wan Couple Up in Outdoor Clothing

CJ E&M enewsWorld Nancy Lee

Apink member Eun Ji and ZE:A member Im Si Wan′s couple spread for outdoor clothing brand M-Limited has been revealed.

Jung Eun Ji and Im Si Wan are seen modeling casual, outdoor pieces from M-Limited′s 2015 F/W line.

70447700.jpg

The concept of the 2015 F/W season is ′Basic Instinct′ and features trendy beanies and jackets. 

The complete online lookbook, featuring Jung Eun Ji and Im Si Wan, will be released on M-Limited′s website and social media channels in late August.

Photo credit: M-Limited