Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

News bites: January 9, 2016
by awcoconuts | Dramabeans.com

75785419.2_99_20160107164307.jpg?type=w5

The casting director for upcoming film One Line must be a tvN fan: First Im Shi-wan (Misaeng) agreed to headline, and in the last week the film has landed Wang Ji-won and Park Yoo-hwan (both of I Need Romance 3), and Lee Dong-hwi and Kim Sun-young (Salamander and Sun-woo’s mom, respectively, on Answer Me 1988). Wang will play Im’s partner in the insurance fraud scheme and a college buddy. A woman with brains and beauty, she’s the whole package. Park will also play Im’s friend, while Lee will be important to the large-scale scam and Kim will also have a fundamental role. Jin Gu (Falling For Innocence) has been cast as the mastermind behind the plan, responsible for recruiting college student Im and his buddies to carry out the caper. Filming on One Line will begin before the end of the month. [TV Report,Joongang, DongA, MBN]

Yonhap News Agency

January 11, 2016

Singer-actor Lim Si-wan
Singer-actor Lim Si-wan

Lim Si-wan, an actor who is also a member of the boy band ZE:A, poses for photos before an interview in Seoul on Jan. 11, 2016. Lim stars in the new movie "Thinking of my Older Brother" in which he plays a soldier who loses his family in a war but recovers from despair as he teaches a choir of orphans. (Yonhap) (END)

January 11, 2016

'Misaeng' to get Chinese remake

Source: The Korea Times

450(227).jpg
A scene from "Misaeng" / Korea Times file

Cable channel tvN's "Misaeng," a hugely popular 2014 Korean drama about the struggles of an office worker, will be remade in China.

"We have signed a contract to sell the copyright to a production company based in China," a tvN source said. "Some of our staff are taking part in production consultation."

However, director Kim Won-seok will not be involved in the Chinese version, because of other commitments.

The source said filming was due to start in the latter half of the year, with the drama to go to air the following year.

"Misaeng," originally a webtoon, follows the life of Jang Geu-rae, as he tries to adjust to life as an office worker after failing to become a professional baduk (go) player.

bkim@ktimes.com

January 11, 2016

Yim Si-wan sorry for endorsing labor law

Boy band ZE:A‘s member and actor Yim Si-wan recently apologized for having endorsed the government’s controversial labor law. 

Yim, who rose to stardom after appearing in hit TV series “Misaeng” to play a contract worker Jang Geu-rae, came under fire last year after endorsing the public campaign that promotes the government’s labor policy dubbed “Jang Geu-rae Protection law.”

The law, pushed by the Ministry of Labor, was strongly criticized by the public as it enables companies to employ subcontract workers up to four years from current two years, which only heightens job insecurity of the employees. 

Yim said, “I was not cautious and did it out of ignorance. I did not recognize that my action could bring about such huge implications (because of the megahit drama).”

“I want to apologize and I will be more cautious in the future,” he added. 

Yim is set to play a starring role in upcoming movie “Thinking of Elder Brother,” to be released Jan. 21. 

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

January 11, 2016

‘Misaeng’ to be remade in Chinese

Korean soap opera “Misaeng” will be remade in Chinese, a tvN’s official announced Monday. 

Poster of "Misaeng"

“We recently reached an agreement with a Chinese production company, and plan to shoot the series from the second-half of this year. It will be broadcast in 2017,” said the official. 

Some of the staff who worked on the original drama will join the production, but director Kim Won-suk will not be involved due to his current work “Signal.”

“Misaeng” was aired in October 2014, and highly popular among office workers, since it realistically depicted their daily lives. 

It is about the life of Jang Geu-rae, the main character, who struggles and adapts as a nonregular worker.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

January 11, 2016

[Interview #1] Why Si Wan cut back in drinking in the day

Source: Sports Donga via Hancinema.net

photo673343.jpg

Actor and ZE:A - Children of Empire idol group member Si Wan expressed his love for drinking.

An interview was conducted with Si Wan on the 11th and he said, "It was physically difficult for me in the action scene with Lee Hee-joon and it was hard not being able to drink while I was working".

He took on the role of lieutenant Han Sang-ryeol in the movie "Thinking of My Older Brother". He said, "I don't have a lot of muscle in my body and I had drank a lot after "Incomplete Life" so I had a belly. The belly wasn't right for my soldier character so I had to cut back on drinking. I couldn'tt quit drinking altogether so I tried to cut back down".

He doesn't drink until he passes out. He drinks often in small amounts. "I don't drink a lot, but I can drink a bottle of Soju. I like day drinking".

His love for drinking showed in "Thinking of My Older Brother". The scene where they drink beer was made up on the spot by him and the other cast.

"The scene was initially where I splash some beer on myself while opening a can and Ko Ah-seong was supposed to wipe it off for me. But it seemed awkward so we put our heads together to make it seem more natural. Then we thought of an idea and the director liked it".

"Thinking of My Older Brother" is based on the motive of a missing children's choir during the Korean War. The movie shows the power of a small song that started in a place where all hope was lost. Si Wan takes on the role of lieutenant Han Sang-ryeol who is hurt but slowly recovers thanks to the children's choir.

Ko Ah-seong plays Park Joo-mi, a teacher who jumps into the war to protect the children. Lee Hee-joon played 'the Hook' who threatens the safety of the children. Jeong Joon-won and Lee Re played Dong-goo and Soon-yi who join the choir.

"Thinking of My Older Brother" will be released on the 21st.

January 11, 2016

[Interview #2] Si Wan, "I'm no good at singing or dancing"

photo673345.jpg

Actor and ZE:A - Children of Empire idol group member Si Wan was missing his singer life.

In an interview with the actor and singer, he said, "I was able to start acting because I was lucky and I get offered more acting opportunities than music. I am thankful for the offers I get".

"This is relative, but I know I am not good at singing or dancing. I can only dance to what I learned. I am funny that way".

"I want to be a singer too. So I fulfill my greed with something I do on my own. I make a song according to the character I am playing at the time. I've wanted to do something like this for a long time and I first started when I was in "Incomplete Life".

He wrote and composed the "Incomplete Life" OST "And So...". He also completed a song for "Thinking of My Older Brother" and it was released on Naver V App on the 8th.

"I want to leave a big mark with an album, but I'll be happy with what I have for now. I was given a chance to release my work for "Thinking of My Older Brother" thanks to the crew.

"Thinking of My Older Brother" is based on the motive of a missing children's choir during the Korean War. The movie shows the power of a small song that started in a place where all hope was lost. Si Wan takes on the role of lieutenant Han Sang-ryeol who is hurt but slowly recovers thanks to the children's choir.

Ko Ah-seong plays Park Joo-mi, a teacher who jumps into the war to protect the children. Lee Hee-joon played 'the Hook' who threatens the safety of the children. Jeong Joon-won and Lee Re played Dong-goo and Soon-yi who join the choir.

• Like 1

Im Siwan Shows Support for Labelmate Rookie Group IMFACT

Im Siwan Shows Support for Labelmate Rookie Group IMFACT

ZE:A‘s Im Siwan has proven himself to be a perfect sunbae by sending a coffee car to his hoobae group IMFACT on the set of their music video filming.

A photo was uploaded on IMFACT’s official twitter on January 12, showing the members posing in front of a coffee car.

“A happy music video filming due to Im Siwan-sunbae‘s suprise present! Thank you sunbae-nim! We love you, hyung!”

Star Empire representative revealed that the present was a complete surprise, as only a few staff members knew that Im Siwan would be sending the car. All staff members on set along with the members of IMFACT were able to receive warm coffee from the cafe car.

IMFACT will be making their official debut with the song “Lollipop” on January 27, make sure to check it out!

Source (1) / soompi news

Im Siwan Believes He’s Come This far on Luck Alone

Actor Im Siwan was as modest as ever in a recent interview about his upcoming movie, “Thinking of My Brother.”

The interview took place in Seoul’s Samcheong-dong neighborhood on January 12. On the topic of his career, Im Siwan confessed he doesn’t really have a clear idea of himself as a celebrity. “I’ve never had any thoughts like ‘I should be an idol’ or ‘I should do acting.’” He continued, “I’ve only made it this far because I’ve been lucky. I’ve been able to act only because of the opportunities that came my way by chance.”

He went on to say that he often feels sorry to other actors and actresses he works with because in comparison to them, he feels like he’s just playing around. “Not to compare myself with their efforts, but I think that I should work even harder so that I can show a better version of myself.”

Meanwhile, in the film “Thinking of My Brother,” Im Siwan plays Second Lieutenant Han Sang Ryeol, who organizes a choir in the middle of a battlefield. The film will hit theatres on January 21.

Source (1) / soompi news

January 11, 2016

[Interview #3] Si Wan, "I pitied Hwang Kwang-hee during the "Infinity Challenge" acting lesson"

photo673346.jpg

Actor and ZE:A - Children of Empire idol group member Si Wan supported Hwang Kwang-hee.

In an interview with the actor and singer on the 11th, he said, "I know Hwang Kwang-hee well and he hesitates to bring out the sincerity in him".

Si Wan made a special appearance on Hwang Kwang-hee's current MBC TV show "Infinite Challenge" with actor Lee Sung-min. He mentioned that episode and said, "Lee Sung-min was serious about the acting lessons and Hwang Kwang-hee was full of jokes. They didn't get along but brought about side effects".

Si Wan said, "If Hwang Kwang-hee had approached the lessons with a more sincere attitude it would have been different. However, I think he did a good job in the recent episode of "Infinite Challenge"".

January 12, 2016

Source: Soompi by orionight

Actor Im Siwan was as modest as ever in a recent interview about his upcoming movie, “Thinking of My Brother.”

The interview took place in Seoul’s Samcheong-dong neighborhood on January 12. On the topic of his career, Im Siwan confessed he doesn’t really have a clear idea of himself as a celebrity. “I’ve never had any thoughts like ‘I should be an idol’ or ‘I should do acting.’” He continued, “I’ve only made it this far because I’ve been lucky. I’ve been able to act only because of the opportunities that came my way by chance.”

He went on to say that he often feels sorry to other actors and actresses he works with because in comparison to them, he feels like he’s just playing around. “Not to compare myself with their efforts, but I think that I should work even harder so that I can show a better version of myself.”

Meanwhile, in the film “Thinking of My Brother,” Im Siwan plays Second Lieutenant Han Sang Ryeol, who organizes a choir in the middle of a battlefield. The film will hit theatres on January 21.

Source (1)

‘A Melody To Remember’ drops character posters of Im Siwan, Go Ah Sung, and more

72702-387632-696x992.jpg

Upcoming film ‘A Melody to Remember’ (director: Lee Han) has released character posters featuring Im Siwan, Go Ah Sung, Lee Hee Joon, Lee Re, and Jung Joon Won.

Im Si Wan plays Han Sang Yeol who lays down his arms during the war, and holds the conductor’s baton. His poster caption wrote, “I’ve already warned, don’t touch the children,” as he showed off his steely determination yet warm charisma.

Go Ah Sung plays teacher Park Joo Mi, and she is seen looking at the children with loving eyes in the poster, with the caption writing, “Because there’s something that I have to do here,” and left one looking forward to her interactions with the children’s choir.

72702-387636

Lee Hee Joon plays Galgori (Hook) who changes because of the war, and shows his conflicted emotions as a victim of war. His poster caption wrote, “The most important thing is survival. Is there a need to differentiate whether it’s an adult or children?”

72702-387631

Lee Re plays Soon Yi who is highly reliant on her brother Dong Goo who is played by Jung Joon Won. They will not only show their amazing vocals and acting in the film, but also their imposing presence. In their poster, the two are seen running on the grass plains while holding hands, and looked really innocent and lovely. The caption on the poster wrote, “They are siblings. They want to be together, even if they are separated.”

72702-387635

The film is adapted from a true story of a children’s choir during the Korean War, and how their little voices sparked a touching miracle during the desolation on the war zone. ‘A Melody to Remember’ will open in cinemas nationwide on January 21st.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Top 15 K-Celebrity Squad Goals to Admire

Friendships among K-pop idols are truly admirable. Given their hectic schedules, our favorite idols still make time to hang out with friends in the entertainment industry — even going beyond their groups, agencies, and fields.

As popularized by Taylor Swift herself, #SquadGoals is an aspirational term and hashtag used to describe what you’d like your group of friends to be, or what you’d like to achieve together. And we’ve stumbled upon some K-pop idols whose friendships we can definitely tag as #SquadGoals!

Below is the best of the best K-pop squad goals!

11. Lee Joon, Kwanghee, and Siwan

Crazy and charming, who would’ve thought that Lee Joon and ZE:A‘s Kwanghee and Im Siwan would be buddies!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

January 14, 2016

Lim Si Wan tells that he drinks with Song Kang Ho & Park Hyung Shik often

Source: STARN News

Lim Si Wan told that he drinks with Song Kang Ho and Park Hyung Shik often.

Recently, ZE:A's Lim Si Wan had an interview at a café that is located in Palpan-dong, Seoul.

In one of the previous film promotion events, Lim Si Wan told that he enjoys drinking often, but that he could not drink for quite a while because of his new film.

During the recent interview, Lim Si Wan said, "I tried to not drink as much as possible while shooting 'Thinking Of My Older Brother.' I can't say that I did not drink at all."

Lim Si Wan continued, "I drank a few time with the director, and I also drank with Hee Jun and Ah Sung."

Lim Si Wan also said, "I drink alone sometimes, and I also meet up with Song Kang Ho and Park Hyung Shik to drink quite often."

Meanwhile, 'Thinking Of My Older Brother' will be officially released on January 21st.

Lim Si Wan tells that he drinks with Song Kang Ho & Park Hyung Shik often

/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

January 16, 2016

Actor Lee Sung Min Praises “Misaeng” Co-Star Im Siwan

Source: Soompi by notclaira 

Actor Lee Sung Min Praises “Misaeng” Co-Star Im Siwan

Veteran actor Lee Sung Min recently had nothing but praise for ZE:A’s idol-turned-actor Im Siwan.

Lee Sung Min and co-star Lee Hee Joon recently appeared on the SBS Power FM radio show “Cultwo Show” to promote their latest film, “Robot, Sori.” On the show he was asked about Im Siwan, who was his co-star in the popular drama “Incomplete Life” (also known as “Misaeng”).

“Even though he’s so young, he’s very calm and smart,” Lee Sung Min said. “He has a deep outlook on life.”

Im Siwan will be starring in the film “A Melody to Remember,” scheduled to be released in theaters later in January. Lee Sung Min’s film “Robot, Sori” is also set to be released later this month and tells the story of a man who tries to find his lost daughter with the help of an artificial intelligence robot.

Meanwhile, “Cultwo Show” broadcasts every day from 2 to 4 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

Netizens discuss male celebrities’ drinking capacities

Soju

With drinking being so common in Korean culture, netizens recently discussed just how much their favorite male celebrities can drink. While netizens recently discussed how much idol group members drink, a post on Daum recently discussed how much alcohol the industry’s top actors and comedians have been known to consume. From zero to a shocking two dozen bottles, netizens were surprised to discover how much alcohol their favorite male celebrities can handle.

Find out what Netizens had to say about this article below!

Im Siwan – 2 bottles of soju

NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.

• Sikyung oppa…if you drink more you’ll die ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
  • Bogum probably drinks milke ㅎㅎ
  • Why does it look like a positive thing they can’t drink…
  • 24….bottles??? is that humanly possible?
  • Isn’t it at the point of overdose if you go over 20 bottles?
  • Lee Jongsuk ㅋㅋ so cute

Source: Daum / koreaboo