[Drama 2015] Let's Eat Season 2 식샤를 합시다 시즌2

SamShop Watch

Guest aircastles

@AshleyChia Yeah, from the beginning Sooji has always considered Sangwoo as "better than her" and its something that persists to this day which pushes her to do drastic things to make herself seem "better" because she still thinks that there's no other way to keep his attention. I think that contributes to why, no matter how many nice things Sangwoo does, she feels so uncomfortable with the relationship. The relationship started with him dating her "new and improved" self and not her with her real personality. I think it might have been easier for her if Sangwoo had interest for her from the start before the intervention/help from Daeyoung. That's why I really can't dislike her character because she's just so hard on herself.

@grake Yes! I think that was a great scene because Daeyoung went to the heart of the issue and told her what she really needed to hear because its something that she doesn't really believe herself -- that she deserves to be loved.

@jenkinspollyanne I apologize if you ever thought that I was accusing Sangwoo in any way since that was never my intention. :> A lot of what people have been talking about was mostly about Sooji and what she did wrong and what she should do, that I felt like I had to defend her and make it fair by pointing out that Sangwoo isn't completely in the right (that he's made mistakes too), either. All three have made mistakes but I'm not accusing any of them since none are directly at fault. That's what I like about this drama... all three characters are easy to root for because they're all with their flaws and they've all made mistakes but with good intentions at heart. I really feel for Sangwoo (though, I do think none of them are at the 'love' stage since they don't really know each other yet) since it has to hurt to see this girl you're dating who you really like and are close to loving develop feelings for your close male dongsaeng (who feels the same for her). :< I really do hope that the writer gives him a nice ending since he deserves it.

@leesolhee Thanks for the mini recap! I haven't watched the episode yet but reading it made me so sad. ;;; I want to give all three of them a big hug, lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yaa.. finally we can se DY as a man. tq pd for making the DY character grow up into the next level.

and thats the part i'm always waiting for.. and thats the reason  viewers want to looking forward when the drama has a sequence.

i do think that SW and SJ relationship will not going far as suddenly both DY and SJ confirmed their own feeling to each other..

yaaa.. those who havent watch the s1.. do watch it.. because s1+s2 is all about the journey of DY life as generally and how PD develop the storyline with the current issues.. other casts.. environment which has been mixed well with the story..

agree with you @aircastles all three main characters have their own shortcomings but no one is a bad person. it's just one's flaws may be bigger than the other depending on how much we know about that character and how we see these flaws.

i am biased towards SJ because i can understand her character and where she is coming from. though of course, a little backstory would also be nice, writer-nim. she was bullied for being overweight when she was a kid. others will come out of that experience and get stronger and show the world, like "hello, i'm no longer that fat kid you used to tease anymore." unfortunately for SJ, she took the other route. could be intentional or because of circumstance, but that experience got the best of her and she got depressed and insecure. it was only later that she decided to lose weight so that she could find a suitable partner and get married and be secured. however, it's not enough. what she did not/may not realized is that she also needs to let go of her past, put the insecurities behind, move on and believe that she's a great person with positive qualities. i think it was @minibunny who said before that it would be better if she will be the one to realize to change her perspective for the better or something like that. DY has done his part, SW too. SJ still has 4 episodes to do that, hopefully writer-nim will not wait until the very last one.

and regarding her feelings for DY. i personally believe it has always been there but she chose to ignore it because at first they were just using each other, to get insurance clients and to get a husband. then they got too comfortable but she was already so enamored with SW that she didn't think much of her relationship with DY. she has boyfriend in SW and a bestfriend in DY. but since DY is not so busy with anything and not dating anyone, he was able to acknowledge his feelings right away. when DY said his relationship with his imaginary girlfriend comfortable, she realized there's something wrong with her own relationship. it was not until DY started avoiding SJ that she felt that she's missing something (or someone). 

i never thought that LE2 would take a dramatic turn, but i liked it :)

Guest jenkinspollyanne

@aircastles, don't get me wrong as I didn't mean you accusing SW, so no worries :)

Actually, all I meant was if any of these characters being blamed would make me sad because the storyline is already sad enough, especially Episode 14 (and it's supposed to be comedy, Lol!) I also hope the netizen who starts to dislike SJ characters will change their perspectives soon. Basically I don't want any of these three to be disliked or blamed given their situations isn't easy to deal with (or at least I believe that's what the writer is trying to convey). I hope SW will let go if he realises that SJ's heart isn't with him because I don't want him to get hurt for long, not to mention he's the one without friends here.

Anyway, only 4 episodes left and let's just enjoy! :)

I totally agree with @grake. Her feelings for DY must have been always there. He was the first person who accepted her and nice to her even they were kids. He was her first love after all. That's the reason why everything crashed down when she realized he was just using her to sell his mom's tteokbokki though I never understand why SJ has been blaming DY for her insecurities all her life. It still doesn't makes sense to me even though they are already in good terms and best friends right now. I know she trusted him so much but hey, you were only elementary kids that time, why would you have to hold that grudge until you're an adult. But look at them now, they are like best friends and the big lump of her anger for him has been long gone. She even got way too comfortable with DY since, let's admit it, he's the greatest buddy you could ever have in life. Hate fades away, but love never leaves your heart.  

Now, after ep 14, I start to feel really bad for SW (tho I'm obviously DY bias and all my comments, I admit, are all inclining to him lol). Both of these amazing guys have told SJ that she isn't lacking. But the person who appears in her imagination during her visit in that college fest was DY. The person he loves has someone else in her heart. I really hope this mess should be fixed immediately because I cannot stand anyone of them getting hurt so much and for too long. 

In many dramas, whenever there's an episode with conflicts between main characters, that certain episode gets lower ratings.

It's great to know that many watched the episode and getting good ratings. Awesome LE2. Congrats.

--------------------------------------------------------

Though JooSeung/ChanSoo is young in the drama, the actor JooSeung is actually 25 years old, same age with DooJoon. JooSeung is only 16 days younger than DooJoon. (DooJoon is July 4, JooSeung is July 20) .

Maybe it is because I am older than most viewers, my take on SJ's attitude is different. I do not think the Officer will work for SJ. Many thinks that SW has such a low esteem therefore SJ always feels bad because SW always spend money lavishly for her.... I have another take on this. If I were SJ, I would stop dating someone like SW. Granted that many Korean ( not just Koreans) seem to like the idea of  get married to rich guys  and SJ is one of them... but in reality, SW is a government worker,,, does it mean that he got a secure job but his salary is not so fab?(SJ's dream is to get married to a man who has a stable job. Since SJ's career can be quite unstable finance wise, I see her point. However I do not think her dream is to marry a man from a very wealthy family) He probably would not save his money  and spend all and count on his parents' money, right? No matter how rich his family is, his parents's money is not his and at his age, using his parents' money without any guilt shows how immature his prospectus for life is. No matter how rich family SW was born into, he should realize that how fast money can disappear with certain unforeseen events or  with extravagant life style.  I also see that SW is doing things DY cannot afford to for SJ because SW is actually rather competitive against DY. SW knows that most girls fall for the expensive gifts but he does not realize this pressures SJ. If I were SJ, I would think' what is the reason SW spends money so lavishly on me?' it's not that I were worth it or something but when a man who just started dating spends a fortune on me, I would wonder what is in his mind.(Call me a bit twisted, if you like)

I also understand SJ feels bad when SW spends money lavishly on her. Many girls think dating means that men should spend money on girls or pay the bills.  However some girls think that dating  should have some equal footing including paying bills etc. When SJ sees SW keeps spending on SJ,  She does not feel bad because she is not worth it but  she feels bad because She has a desire to do the same( or similar) for SW but she cannot afford to. This put her in an awkward position. .Telling SW that she cannot keep up with his life style needs some courage to say so and at this point, SJ just cannot tell him how she feels... 

Guest jenkinspollyanne

Just watched Episode 14 with Chinese sub. Like episode 13, it started really well, funny in many ways but ended heart brokenly. I think writer has spent too much time on JS's story and it's getting a bit boring for that bit. Otherwise, all good.

From now on, I won't defend any characters anymore because that's getting nowhere. I'll just enjoy as much as the story brings me. 4 more episodes to go. Bye for now and see you all next week. :)

i completely agree with someone above - as we get older (yes i'm old), i think people date and hope to feel equal. being given great presents and expensive meals can be extremely burdensome, especially when it's at the beginning of the courtship.  I think SJ is completely understandable, and at the same time, she is at fault of not saying what she feels. she tries to hard to match SW. In any case, i feel that their problem may be able to work out in real life but this is drama, so maybe it never works out and she'll go to DY :D

tissue, please... :tears::tears::tears:

so after the nice words, he's pushing you away. that must have really hurt SJ's feelings. oh girl, if you only know why... but sadly she doesn't and that's just ouch. :tears:

the thing is when she finally realizes that it's not going to work out between her and SW and she decides to break up with him, but then DY still keeps his distance out of respect for SW, then she will be alone again. :tears: well, HR is nice to her, so i hope she keeps her as a friend.

tumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio5_r1_250.giftumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio8_r1_250.giftumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio3_r1_400.gif
tumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio2_r2_250.giftumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio10_r2_250.giftumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio9_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio1_r1_250.giftumblr_nonvmkIrq11sof3dio7_r1_250.gif

“You deserve to be loved, Soo Ji” - Goo Dae Young

@grake ... yup.. SJ must be hurting.. after DY gave his complimentary on SJ then you said those harsh things

but DY must be upset too.. he's in dilemma on that time.. He already fell for SJ but in the same time he's trying not to betray SW

for me SJ just admire SW and spend time with him.. but when she was with DY she feel protected..happy..and she just being herself

SJ also seems to be falling for DY.. i think after the scene at the police station as she saw that DY acts protective towards her

will DY confess to SJ or will DY make a decision to run away from SJ or will SJ wont bother DY anymore pretend that they did not know each other like the earlier episode

and should SW give a way to both of them..

im looking forward for those balance episodes..

Guest yawnisa

Ahh, this drama hit so close to reality. I saw several case love triangle like this and it rarely works well.

I love the bromance and friendship between SJ | DY and also the romance.

I wish it works well with SW and SJ. SW genuinely loves her. And the problem could solved well if they will to talk about it. As for DY, he could reunite with SK or new girl at season 3. And  i wish his love journet at season 3 is not painful as now. He's a great guy. Though i dont mind if he end up with SJ. 

It's just my ideal type for man is SW all the way. And i like to have a bf like DY. Both of them are great. And SJ is a decent person and lucky to have them by her side. I love the writer for serving us with good stories about every day life. Side story also interesting. Though the story of jooseung a bit dragging.

Archived