[Drama 2015] Divorce Lawyer in Love 이혼변호사는 연애 중

larus

They are actually conducting a study. They want to see if there is a correlation between promotions, money invested in a drama and ratings. And right now they are trying to see how low can the ratings be without any promotions. They have to check if all those promotions are worthing the time and the money. :-B It must be the least promoted drama I've ever seen. 
EDIT: I hope the sarcasm is obvious enough.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

The picture where YWJ read the script was from his previous drama Marriage Not Dating. The hair style also different than in the teaser.
YWJ Screen caps from the teaser.B-Bj8toCQAMrilK.jpg

Shim Hyung Tak in this drama too. He is everywhere. Well, I'll watching this drama once it air on my cable TV.

What are the ratings like for the Drama this one will follow? "SBS weekender" = nightmare ratings recently, so I'm hoping for Ji Won's sake that its viewership will be more than just those posting here in this thread. Unless, of course, it's a turkey, in which case, the fewer who see it the better. :D

Yes, the ratings of the previous show are bad for a TV network like SBS for its weekend time slot.  4% was at the beginning, now it is 2.8. The lowest was 2.3. @-) SBS does a lousy job promoting Divorce Lawyers in Love. I almost forgot about this drama.  Two weeks until the premiere.  It could be a good show and more people will turn in. :) If I will enjoy the drama, it doesn`t matter the ratings but I will be sorry for all involved.

Edit: I used to not read about new shows but now I am watching airing dramas so I am interested in new dramas to watch. Promoting dramas is important. I had two shows on my wish list. Angry Mom and Super Daddy Yeol. At the beginning, I wanted to watch AM and I wasn`t sure about SDY because of the illness part. But now, knowing more about both shows, my interests in these shows has changed. 

larus said: Yes, the ratings of the previous show are bad for a TV network like SBS for its weekend time slot.  4% was at the beginning, now it is 2.8. The lowest was 2.3. @-) SBS does a lousy job promoting Divorce Lawyers in Love. I almost forgot about this drama.  Two weeks until the premiere.  It could be a good show and more people will turn in. :) If I will enjoy the drama, it doesn`t matter the ratings but I will be sorry for all involved.

Edit: I used to not read about new shows but now I am watching airing dramas so I am interested in new dramas to watch. Promoting dramas is important. I had two shows on my wish list. Angry Mom and Super Daddy Yeol. At the beginning, I wanted to watch AM and I wasn`t sure about SDY because of the illness part. But now, knowing more about both shows, my interests in these shows has changed. 

stuartjmz said:Yeah me too. I'm disappointed with the what seems like a change of direction from the promising initial descriptions of Angry Mom,  but am still interested in SDY. As for this Drama, I want it to advance WJW's career in some way, but that seems unlikely with another cookie-cutter ex-girlfriend second role, and on a channel  whose weekend shows are fading into oblivion. 

From Wang Ji Won`s Instagram there is a picture and she commented something about the drama. I use Google translate so I did not understand much but still, she said that Divorce Lawyer in love will be broadcast on 2nd May? I wish I understand Korean. If it is true, that could explain the lack of other information about this show. Let see what news will come.

10986221_1603574469879678_1206402746_n.j
photo credit: WJW Instagram

@Iarus Yeah, it says the 2nd of May - and other sources say the same thing. The weird thing is that some websites say that it will air at 20:40, following The Family is Coming (asianwiki), while others say 21:55/22:00, following My heart, Twinkle, Twinkle (the Korean websites) - it was suppose to end in July, but it was cut short, so it will end at the end of April. Anyway, I guess the 2nd of May, at 21:55/22.00 it is.
@whoeveraskedabouttheratings The ratings for My Heart Twinkle Twinkle were lower than those for The Family is Coming - if you can imagine that - a mean of 2.7%, and a maximum of 4%. Not a good legacy for this one.

Thanks, Hannah. It is a little chaos with the time slots at SBS. Maybe they try to save their weekenders dramas. They delayed this drama but I am OK with that. More time to prepare. Plus, coming after low ratings of Family is Coming  doesn`t help much and without promoting the drama it would have been another rating flop.

@Iarus The guy was mainly in movies, so probably that's why you don't know him - and me neither. It looks like the best known film where he appeared was Secreat Reunion, and the most recent 18 - Eighteen Noir. Most of the time movie actors are also good in dramas.

From Wang Ji Won`s Instagram there is a picture and she commented something about the drama. I use Google translate so I did not understand much but still, she said that Divorce Lawyer in love will be broadcast on 2nd May? I wish I understand Korean. If it is true, that could explain the lack of other information about this show. Let see what news will come.

photo credit: WJW Instagram

Hah! This is the photo I've been using as my profile pic here since she posted it. I'm so one-eyed I still don't even know who the leads are! 
:D

All I hope is that this Drama doesn't hurt WJW's career, and that it somehow avoids the implosion virus SBS weekenders have all been sufering lately. 

So both Drama Fever and Viki will be subbing it..

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4652/A_Divorce_Lawyer_in_Love/

http://www.viki.com/tv/26695c-divorce-lawyer-in-love

Great. It is licensed for Europe too. :-bd  Now, I need another miracle like this.

He is hilarious in Perseverance Goo Hae Ra!!

I saw him in Let`s Eat. He played a lawyer (if I remember correctly).  :)

I saw him in Let`s Eat. He played a lawyer (if I remember correctly).  :)

He played the lead's cheating husband in A Thousand Kisses, a time when I wasn't dropping dramas - I should have dropped that one. He was also in My Daughter Seo Young as Park Hae Jin's brother in law -  he was more likeable in this one. I think the guy has potential for comedy, but I haven't seen him in any comedies...

He will play Bong Min Kyu, and he completes the lineup. He was Go Cheok Hee's seonbae in university and, If I understood correctly, he'll have a love line with her. Well, that love line could also have been, no? Maybe ex husband?! I couldn't watch Yeon Woo Jin going one more time through the Marriage, Not Dating scenario.

Archived