[Drama 2015] Missing Noir M/"M" 실종느와르

larus

@orion @larusthanks so much for all the updates. heard/read that this is licensed by viki already. so subs is a go already.. YES!!
@valsavachingu, that issue was asked to me when some of the videos I posted cant be played in soompi.
what I do is a post the the link as a in highlight so that people can watch the video in YT straight up..
I think it could be either a soompi thing or a youtube thing... has anyone contacted the mods????
[starN ZoomIn] Park Hee Soon & Kim Kang Woo attend a new drama press conferencePress conference for channel OCN's new drama, 'Disappearance Noir M (tentative title),' was held at Imperial Palace Hotel, which is located in Nonhyundong, Seoul.

Kim Kang Woo and Park Hee Soon attended the conference together, and captured people's attention with sharp look in suits.

'Disappearance Noir M' is going to be a Korean version of 'Sherlock Holmes,' and Kim Kang Woo and Park Hee Son played as a fabulous duo like Sherlock and Watson.

Meanwhile, 'Disappearance Noir M' is going to premiere on March 28th at 11 PM.

Park Hee Soon entering the conference

Kim Kang Woo entering the conference

Park Hee Soon & Kim Kang Woo having a photo time together

[starN ZoomIn] Park Hee Soon & Kim Kang Woo attend a new drama press conference

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

valsava said: @Orion,@larus,  I don;t know if you guy's have noticed but it seems to be a problem with all YT videos being loaded in the threads they don't play I don;t know if it's a soompi thing or what maybe it's something to do with the loading process.. I had read in another thread some was discussing how to solve this issue just thought I'll let you know so you don't waste your time doing something that's not going to work but I do appreciate your efforts..  

@valsava, thanks for letting us know. I hadn't noticed. I guess I'll report it to Soompi on the bugs thread, if someone hasn't already. ^_^

larus saidViki got the license for all America (US, Canada, Latin America).

Two days until the premiere. :)>-

Glad to know Viki got the license and will sub this show, not that I'm allowed to watch anything on that site anyway since I belong to the irrelevant part of the world where laws are a vague notion and no one could be bothered with licenses or whatsoever so I have no choice but to rely entirely on illegal reuploaders and streaming sites #my_sad_reality

eunsuhae said: Glad to know Viki got the license and will sub this show, not that I'm allowed to watch anything on that site anyway since I belong to the irrelevant part of the world where laws are a vague notion and no one could be bothered with licenses or whatsoever so I have no choice but to rely entirely on illegal reuploaders and streaming sites #my_sad_reality

Orion said: That's makgeolli, which I tried and which tastes a bit like vinegar. Once again, I was reminded of why I don't like booze. :))

And yaaay! I hope the series does well. The highlight video looked very cool!

I imagine that the subbing schedule of this show will be the same as most cable dramas but I look forward to it nonetheless. 
Nothing like a nice gritty crime show to sink one's teeth into.
Bad Guys will be a tough act to follow. I'd be happy if it was just half the show that Bad Guys was.
But I live in hope for a third season of TEN.  ;)

40somethingahjumma said: I imagine that the subbing schedule of this show will be the same as most cable dramas but I look forward to it nonetheless. 
Bad Guys will be a tough act to follow. I'd be happy if it was just half the show that Bad Guys was.

evie7 said: 40somethingahjumma said: I imagine that the subbing schedule of this show will be the same as most cable dramas but I look forward to it nonetheless. 

Missing Noir M: Episode 1 by gummimochi | March 29, 2015 | 4 Comments

MissingNoirM01-00446a.jpg

Now this is what I call a slick and smartly-written crime procedural. OCN’s newest Saturday drama Missing Noir M premiered this week, introducing us to a team composed of a highly gifted former FBI agent, an experienced detective, and a hacker tackling on the most difficult missing persons cases out there.

Our opening case pulls out all the stops, delivering the spooks and chills in a taut and suspenseful narrative. Like most OCN shows that deal with the grittiest of crimes, this is no show for the queasy. But if you can stomach the gruesome elements, you’ll find a show that will keep you on your toes for the full hour… and the other nine to follow it. read more Dramabeans

Kim Kang-woo and Park Hee-soon's "Missing Noir M"

photo579702.jpg
"Missing Noir M" started off with a proper mental battle.
The first episode of OCN "Missing Noir M" started off with the excellent performance of the cast.
The first episode 'Puzzle from Prison', showed the mental battle between psychopath prisoner Lee Jeong-soo (Kang Ha-neul), former FBI detective Gil Soo-hyeon (Kim Kang-woo) and veteran detective (Park Hee-soon).
The story started off with Lee Jeong-soo sending Gil Soo-hyeon a mysterious picture of a person laying in bed stuck with many fluid needles. A missing person was found in the same position as the picture but died. Lee Jeong-soo claimed he won't confess unless it was to Gil Soo-hyeon and that's how they met.
Lee Jeong-soo told Gil Soo-hyeon, "If you find out who I am going to kill, then I'll tell you where he is". He suggested a dangerous game consisting of 7 puzzle sentences.
The first missing person on Lee Jeong-soo's list was found but barely and died. The second person was also found dead. Lee Jeong-soo didn't stop and threw out a number '24608741', telling Gil Soo-hyeon to find the person relating to the number in 24 hours.
However, Kang Soon-yeong (Ko Bo-kyeol) was already dead 15 years ago. While everyone Lee Jeong-soo ordered to find was found dead, a picture of them from 15 years ago was found and questions about their death increased.
Gil Soo-hyeon decided it was no use looking further into the case as the people in the picture were dead. He went to Lee Jeong-soo to tell him he wasn't playing the game anymore. However, Lee Jeong-soo handed him a picture of a child and said his brother was alive and that he had to find him.
The suspension in not knowing if the missing persons are alive or not kept the story intense and the battle between Lee Jeong-soo and Gil Soo-hyeon had viewers on the edge of their seats.
Meanwhile, "Missing Noir M" can be seen every Saturday at 11PM.
Source : Nate News | Credit: Hancinema | March 29, 2015

"Missing Noir M" Episode 1
photo579567.jpg
Soo-hyeon (played by Kim Kang-woo) is a US-trained investigator who's very good at math puzzles. Dae-yeong (played by Park Hee-son) is a mostly standard grizzled street cop. Together they...well, they solve mysteries more than they fight crime. The whole reason Soo-hyeon's been dragged out to the field in the first place is because he's implicated in a bizarre crime. The perpetrator of these criminal actions (played by Kang Ha-neul) is apparently interested in matching wits with Soo-hyeon. I guess because in prison he has nothing better to do.
Worry not- while the set-up gives the impression of the standard master criminal playing around with the hapless detectives by the end of the episode we find out that there was an actual point to all these number puzzles, and that Soo-hyeon hasn't been wasting his time. What's more, the hook for the next episode is actually a pretty good one. Now that Soo-hyeon and friends have unraveled the basic explanation, it's time to get into the more grisly stuff.
In the present context, though, this episode is...hmmm...I'd definitely say above average to be sure. "Missing Noir M" benefits a lot just from having everything about its premise so quickly and easily defined. Soo-hyeon and Dae-yeong have exactly one misunderstanding that's quickly cleared up, and from that point on the two function as a pretty professional unit. They're working together to solve a crime, not get wrapped up in personal drama.
The trouble with having characters act like mature adults, though, is that mature adults tend not to be all that interesting from a dramatic point of view. And while director Lee Seung-yeong does his best with Dutch angles, the visuals in "Missing Noir M" aren't really all that interesting. The main exception naturally being the crime scenes and the numerology- although that's really more to the credit of writer Lee Yu-jin for coming up with those ideas in the first place.
While nothing about "Missing Noir M" is immediately impressive, all-around the production is a fairly strong one. It has something that's been lacking in a lot of detective procedurals lately- a well-crafted mystery that's actually solvable by the viewer in advance. Although you'll have to know a lot about numbers. While I don't have any especially high praise for the drama just yet this first episode is quite promising and I'm looking forward to seeing how this storyline will wrap up.
Review by William Schwartz
HANCINEMA

@40somethingajjuma,  The first episode was great even though I need subs but can pretty much get what's going on the prison guy seems to have it out for these men in the past I wonder did they do something to the little girl they made him hook them up the way they he did he had to have some intense medical background and even knowledge in bomb making he's real clever..   

Archived