[Taiwanese Drama 2015] Someone Like You 聽見幸福

sugarplum892

@wheeresstephanie  So far, I'm liking what I'm watching.  Rong Rong and Kingone are portraying their characters very well.  But I have to admit,  my irritation with the douchey boyfriend is being carried over to Yu Xi.  And I love RR, hence me loving all her drama charcaters, but I was really pissed with Yu XI in episode 4.  So please, let's severe the ties with that guy ASAP!   :))

Guest supaluver

Just figured out while watching the 5th ep what relation the 2nd female lead has...
Not sure if this is a spoiler or what not, really my own theory, but she's probably the patient that got the fiances organs. 

Guest chajoowon

Hi guys i have just started to watch this series and its really cute OTP.    
I applaud how Yu XI actions in the shower scene subverts that kind of scene.   Its nice to see they can show the heroine not being so innocent, she can be seen to want to drool at scene like that,

@Sugarplum892 thank you for starting this thread.  I really enjoy 'SLY' its got that romantic feel to the whole drama.

*SPOILER ALERT BELOW*

Isn't Zhan Cheng such a kind boss.
Meteor Shower show on the boat, piggy back ride back to the motel in the rain, scarf pressy for mum, late night cable car pumpkin ride, diverting her fears of the dark and teaching her to cope like him, telling her he needs her 'swoon' .

Ok so I'm not really liking the donor recipient girl very much, I know she is suppose to be all sweetness and has all the characteristics of the fiance but I much prefer Yu Xi. 

Yu Xi  is kind, thoughtful, she is genuine in everything she does, loyal, caring, she puts Zhan Cheng needs first before herself.  I simply love the way in which she can encourage him  to believe that he can do things that he thinks he cannot do,  her small little nudges of persuasion and what she says gets right through to him.  She is intelligent and so is he.  they are real suited to each other. 

Yu Xi current boyfriend is such a scumbag, I really dislike him, Yu Xi needs to ditch him asap, the sooner the better I'd say. 
 Li Bo Yan is a climber and he is after Vanessa as the ultimate stepping stone to the top dog position in the industry.  Bo Yan can't stand that Vanessa is so much in love with Zhan Cheng, and she treats him as an assistant but not one that she relies on. 

Fei Fei is irritating but she will grow up and appreciate that Yu Xi is the right woman to be standing beside her GerGer.

Poor Vanessa, she tries but Zhan Cheng only loves one woman and she is dead, and when his heart is ready for a new love it still won't be her, because his heart will reach out to Yu Xi the woman who has the same face and same voice has his beloved, and even though she may not have her mannerism, she is still awesome in her unique way.  she has affect his decision and his belief in what truly matters in this life.  Giving himself the chance to see again and the ability to love nad protect those he love most. 

Yu Xi almost comatose caused Zhan Cheng to realize that he needs the transplant so that he is able to protect others, in his current state he can not do so.

So glad that Zhan Cheng is so smart that he realises who is the culprit behind the report of him being blind, he kew straight off that it was Bo Yan and that this guy is a user and taught him a good lesson with that punch for Yu Xi.  wished ot aired more often. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@sugarplum892,  Thanks for starting this thread I just found this drama and really liking so this mean the DR that died is the other twin which her organs was donated to her brother.. I always have been a sucka for Kingone Wang.. 

New series, Someone like You: Kingone Wang acted as blind person while Lorene Ren looked after him

news8.jpg
Taiwanese artiste, Kingone Wang (王傳一) and Lorene Ren (任容萱) were the main leads of the series, Someone Like You (聽見幸福), which was well-received by the audiences and achieved high ratings as well. In the series, Kingone acted as a person who lost his eyesight and required to undergo surgery, while Lorene looked after him and decided to leave after his surgery.

Due to the surgery scene, the crew team applied layers of bandages on Kingone's eyes and Lorene said: "Kingone could not see and move around. Hence, we played 'guess the hands' games in order to make him relax." Kingone said: "I hope the role I am acting will undergo surgery quickly so as to see my partner and act together. Hope the scriptwriter will give more dialogues to my role and not 'liana ju ge' anymore."

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

valsava said: @sugarplum892,  Thanks for starting this thread I just found this drama and really liking so this mean the DR that died is the other twin which her organs was donated to her brother.. I always have been a sucka for Kingone Wang..  Haha no problem!  Glad people are discovering these nonkorean drama threads on soompi forums! :D
  • Like 1

Giving a shout out to the sites that are recapping Someone Like You!!!!!!!   

http://www.ninjareflection.com/2015/03/someone-like-you-episode-9-recap.html
http://www.zombiemamma.com/zombies-t-drama-review-someone-like-you-episode-9/
http://www.dramafever.com/news/drama-club-someone-like-you-episode-9-recap/

=D>

Lorene Ren felt deep warmth when Kingone Wang hugged her

news2.jpg

Taiwanese artiste, Lorene Ren (任容萱) and Kingone Wang (王傳一) were filming new series, Someone Like You (聽見幸福), and Lorene retorted to drinking and fell asleep in the toilet as cheated by her boyfriend. She laughed and said: "This is my first time to film sleeping scene in the toilet. Initially, the director wanted me to stick my head into the toilet bowl but cancelled it due to the stinking smell." The story illustrated that Kingone immediately hugged her once finding her in the toilet and Lorene said: "I feel the deep warmth." Kingone said: "Fortunately, I go to gym frequently."

When asked if she was drunk in reality before, Lorene said: "I get drunk slightly when having gathering with my close friends. I will become emotional and tend to laugh and cry at the same time."

Source: ON.CC (HK)

Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

• 5 weeks later...

I am glad Zhan Cheng told Yu Xi about Ya Ti's being the recipient of Luo Han's heart. I am worried that Luo Han's heart in Ya Ti might want to rekindle the relationship with Zhan Cheng. I hope that Zhan Cheng is strong enough not to get entangled with Ya Ti. He needs to tell Luo Han's heart he has moved on but perhaps Luo Han's may not let go thus causing misunderstanding between Yu Xi and Zhan Cheng. 
There's no Li Bo Yan and Vanessa in today's episode. I had thought that Bo Yan would use Vanessa's pregnancy and marry her to get hold of Vanessa's mother's company. Strangely he told her he did not want the baby. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OMG YASSS! I finally found a place on the internet where I can talk about this drama :D Actually I haven't watched too many Taiwanese dramas in my life, mostly because I tend to pick up the wrong ones that are crappy to the point that I get scarred for life and rather stay away from Taiwanese dramas (the latest being Fall in love with me which started out quite okay but damn the latter half of the series just pissed me off so badly).

But now Someone like you!! :w00t: I've spent the past few days completing and re-watching it and it is so good! Such a feel-good drama starring such a cute female lead and such a good male lead who's become so much more attractive from the last time I had seen him. Sure, the drama wasn't perfect and it had its fair share of cheesy moments but I really liked the plot and the chemistry between Kirsten and Kingone. One thing I was especially happy about was the absence of a forced love triangle. Although Ya Ti, being the carrier of Luo Han's heart, showed some slight resemblance to Luo Han, Zhan Cheng's feelings for Yu Xi were not even for one moment affected. He loved Luo Han, he grieved over her death and tortured himself with feelings of enormous guilt... but when Yu Xi walked into his life he learned to move on and eventually found happiness in life again. He didn't even have conflicted feelings because of Yu Xi outer appearance haha. Maybe it's because he grew fond of her when he was still blind. He knew she looked similar to Luo Han but had no idea actually. He wasn't in love with Luo Han's doppelganger/identical twin sister. He fell in love with Yu Xi herself :wub:         

• Like 2