[Taiwanese Drama 2014-2015] Dear Mom 我的寶貝四千金

sugarplum892

Just finished watching Ep. 28 where XF takes YW home after the whole kidnapping incident.  I'm already groaning at the thought of having to endure an unhappy Li Mama coming between them for the next couple of weeks.

And I see QQ and her boss make a return, too.  I was kind of enjoying our break from them . . .

I don't know what they want with QQ-boss' affair... No change, just that longing. I'm curious about his wife, but now (more than half) I don't want their relationship. :| QL is so cute with Jerry. He is patient, considerate. Usually dramas bring back ex, but I hope the dad will not come back. It's good now without him...And YW-XF I saw some pictures on FB, it seems maybe cute engagement will be soon :D :x I can't wait
Anyway main girl characters are a bit similar to you are the best lee soon shin's sisters(but the main story and the mood is different):The oldest sister, HS - AQ, come back from USA, divorced and "perfect" (and first just she tells his dad about her divorce)The middle sister, YS - QQ, free-spirited, honest, workaholicThe youngest sister, SS - YW dense, sensitive, no self-confidence

Haha, yeah I saw the pictures on the drama's Facebook page too! Like csancsy has mentioned, they also have the preview and some pictures to XF's proposal!! Did you guys see it :)? I was in such a happy mood when I saw it over the weekend :D!

YW-XF: Li Mom saw XF's cool, protective side... Finally no protest and engagement happened :)  I can't wait for wedding and honeymoon :x 
QQ-boss: At the beginning wasn't interested, but now rather annoying... Sorry, but I'm not rooting for them. Practically they had sex, boss cheated his wife and QQ become mistress, what kind of relationship??? I liked QQ that she is strong-minded, definite, but now she is the weakest. Their long-term wistfulness scenes are very boring... :( I hope, somebody (AQ or XF or the cousin) will notice them and scold... XF's assistant already remarked,
AQ-QL: They are cute with Jerry. Slowly but surely they develop emotions:D Specially AQ, because already QL loved at first sight long ago

angelangie said: i think for once, the mother will honest be real disappointed in QQ, i know i will, as a woman i hate what she is doing....i know when u fall for it, it will tears at you and nag at you, but somehow you have think about it.....when you get involved with a married man, you will not only be hurting yourself and the man's wife, but also your own family
it will also involve everyone around you, i love this drama alot....cause what they are showing is really realistic, i love the lovey dovey scene they have for YW n XF and honestly i think FGC kinda make the drama came alive with all his antic lols....

angelangie said: i think for once, the mother will honest be real disappointed in QQ, i know i will, as a woman i hate what she is doing....i know when u fall for it, it will tears at you and nag at you, but somehow you have think about it.....when you get involved with a married man, you will not only be hurting yourself and the man's wife, but also your own family
it will also involve everyone around you, i love this drama alot....cause what they are showing is really realistic, i love the lovey dovey scene they have for YW n XF and honestly i think FGC kinda make the drama came alive with all his antic lols....

Wow, YW-XF are so sweet (that bear hug from XF) :) Their wedding preparation slowly go ahead, I think wedding will this week (or next week at the latest) It seems now AQ knows QQ's affair and boss's wife will appear in the workplace next episode. I can't wait, she looks nice, she immediately hugged her husband. Slowly their relationship breaks down... I don't know what they thought??? Forever they can't live in the happy, bubbly, pink dreamworld... This is harsh reality with married man.About 16 episode remained, but so much thing is missing, I hope everything will be closed.1. YW-XF's wedding - honeymoon2. AQ's ex or QL's mom (but it's possible there will be no protest or comeback)3. XX-YH??? (no obstacle from families, but will be love between them?) I hope, yes, because very good beginning when they develop from friend, close relationship to love... They are nice.4. QQ-Boss: This will be turning point (boss will divorce and happy end? or finally give it up). Preceding I would have preferred their relationship after divorce (not before as cheating).

Truthfully, I'm only watching Dear Mom for Yifei couple and the other two couples (minus QQ and Boss). I just can't digest QQ and boss together, it's so wrong. I've watched a few other dramas with adultery theme but none of them gets to my nerve as much as QQ and boss, maybe because they keep on acting like the victim and self-pity themselves as "my life is so hard cos true love comes at the wrong time, blablabla" but I feel more pity for the boss' wife and QQ's family. In the past, QQ taught a lesson to YiWan's bad boyfriend who cheated on her but now, she ends up being the mistress, the one who hurt another woman, sigh...
I think they just stick out much more because they're the only "unhealthy" couple in a heartwarming daily family drama. Plus, it's not like the boss wife is at fault or a bad wife... (their relationship may make more sense if the boss' wife is a bad wife that cheats on him, lol). They get on my nerves so much that I always skim through their scenes. However, the appearance of boss' wife (played by Jean Lee who is currently also a supporting actress in Taiwanese drama The New World 新世界) suddenly make things much more interesting and hopefully, they'll show the wife teaching the adultery couple a lesson (Plus I find her much prettier than the mistress, QQ.. lol). I'm rooting for the wife to get back on these 2...
I don't hate Albee Huang, in fact I liked her a lot in Fabulous 30, she was so cute with Danson Tang. However, her character in Dear Mom just gets on my nerves soooo much.
11021440_1556885581235407_62738883470660

c_gunawan541

said:

I've watched a few other dramas with adultery theme but none of them gets to my nerve as much as QQ and boss, maybe because they keep on acting like the victim and self-pity themselves as "my life is so hard cos true love comes at the wrong time, blablabla" but I feel more pity for the boss' wife and QQ's family. 

I just started Episode 39 and I'm at that part where QQ has decided to go on that business trip with her boss.  Seriously, she makes me want to thwack my head against the computer screen!  The thing that bothers me about QQ is not just that what she and the boss are doing is wrong, it's also the fact that she's so unbelievably hypocritical.  I think I've written about that before, but it's highlighted once more with XX discovering that her boyfriend has been cheating on her behind her back.  There's that one scene where the sisters are talking to Yu Huang while XX is crying in her bedroom . . . QQ looked like she was ready to go pommel Xi Ming, and it was YW who warned her against hunting him down.  And then, not a day later, she's contemplating whether to walk that dangerous path with her boss.  I don't get it???

Also, when she gets in her boss's car, she asks her mother to forgive her for what she's about to do and then tells her boss that she's decided to pursue her own happiness.  At whose expense?!  She knows she's going to hurt everyone around her by walking this path, and yet she persists.  This isn't the same thing as YF choosing XF against her mother's wishes; this is doing something fundamentally wrong.  I don't know how she can ever expect to be "happy" when she's also going to be feeling guilty for the other half of the time. 

Gah . . . she drives me nuts! 

csancsy said:

c_gunawan541

said:

I've watched a few other dramas with adultery theme but none of them gets to my nerve as much as QQ and boss, maybe because they keep on acting like the victim and self-pity themselves as "my life is so hard cos true love comes at the wrong time, blablabla" but I feel more pity for the boss' wife and QQ's family.