[Taiwanese Drama 2014-2015] Dear Mom 我的寶貝四千金

sugarplum892

Hi everyone! I just stumbled upon this thread yesterday when I was browsing around and I thought I would leave a message today. I just wanted to say that I'm so glad I have a place to talk about this drama now :D. I've been trying to find place where there were some discussion about this drama in preferably English since I can't read a lot of Chinese so I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I love YW's and XF's storyline tooo and I can't wait to watch the sweet kiss scene tonight :D!

S.C. said: Hi everyone! I just stumbled upon this thread yesterday when I was browsing around and I thought I would leave a message today. I just wanted to say that I'm so glad I have a place to talk about this drama now :D. I've been trying to find place where there were some discussion about this drama in preferably English since I can't read a lot of Chinese so I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I love YW's and XF's storyline tooo and I can't wait to watch the sweet kiss scene tonight :D!

angelangie said: S.C. said: Hi everyone! I just stumbled upon this thread yesterday when I was browsing around and I thought I would leave a message today. I just wanted to say that I'm so glad I have a place to talk about this drama now :D. I've been trying to find place where there were some discussion about this drama in preferably English since I can't read a lot of Chinese so I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I love YW's and XF's storyline tooo and I can't wait to watch the sweet kiss scene tonight :D!

S.C. said: I agree with your latest post though about the dad, I really love him in this drama. I like how encouraging he is and how he gives his daughters the space they need whether to figure things out (in AQ's case) or to make their own decisions in life (in YW's case). Although I understand Li Mama's love and concern for her daughters, but I feel like sometimes the way she goes about showing her love can feel a little overbearing, or even suffocating in AQ's case. Hence, the dad definitely plays an important role through his dual identity as a husband and a father. He can, not only provide the support his daughters needs as a father, but can also use his role as husband to support and help the mother understand what their daughters need. Hopefully, AQ will have the courage to tell her mom about the divorce soon with the help and support of the dad :).

angelangie said: exactly the mother 'demand' it like she set a certain expectations and they have to follow, somehow i felt the title should be 'Dear Dad' lols
and somehow when the expectation wasnt meet it bear down on the daughters that they do no understand how a mom felt or that a mom job wasnt easy and that they should reverse the roles so that they can feel the pain of being a mom.....
to me that wasnt fair....my mom had expectation for me....but i was given space and room to explore......and the grow but at the same times she accept whatever thing i came up with....
i dont know but i know im getting to dislikes the mom as the show roll on....and i felt that the dad is the person that is gluing the family together

S.C. said: Wow, I really love and agree with what you said about the mother. Although I was sometimes annoyed at the way the mother treated YW (and sometimes the other daughters), I do agree that she plays a very important role in the family, and her role is extremely difficult one. The role of a mother is definitely very complex and I agree that it was portrayed in quite a realistic way.

themarchioness said:

I think that's the thing about Li Mama.  I do find her annoying at times, but when I look at things through her perspective, I totally understand where she's coming from as well.  I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but my mother is also watching this drama (she's current with the episodes, I'm not).  A couple of weeks ago, I was watching and my mom was nearby.  I forgot what Li Mama was nagging one of her daughters about, but suddenly my mom piped up, "Boy she can be really annoying at times, can't she?"  And while I verbally agreed, in my mind, all I could think was, "Says the same person who calls to remind me that it's going to be cold so I should dress more warmly!"  This is why I think the mom character is such a great one -- she is everything we can and cannot see about ourselves. 

S.C. said:
I also wanted to say that yesterday's episode was so touching. I got a little teary in the second half of it. I was initially kind of worried about how the mother would react to AQ's divorce because, like the father had feared, I also thought she might collapse or something with disappointment. However, I'm glad that nothing dramatic like that happened. Although Li Mama was definitely heart broken about the matter, but she was also very comforting and supportive towards AQ :).