[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Just finished Ep 24 and was hyper-ventilating for the ending and ouch...when the 3 kids appeared...my heart dropped... So So... cannot be right... Not with the Queen right... ouch... and at the same time, i come to accept it is possible because So So needs to have heir to his throne eventually. And all that is for political reason. Ok...can accept on that basis.

However prior to this, when SY decided to leave, I was hoping she's leaving with SS's child and 10 months down the road, SS junior arrives. Ouch..sadly that's no so the case.
The final second when they meant at the little hill with beautiful flowers...it reminds me so much of the ending of Dong Yi when she and the King met again in the afterlife.

Share the same thoughts as @Night-Owl about how SY would only be a threat or a bait to those power-hungry people should SY decides to enter the Palace and stay with SS.  They would use SY as a bait each time they don't get their way.  And once again, this same link to Dong Yi whereby she decides it is best to leave the palace.

Would rewatch this series from beginning just to bandage the wound of the ending. ;)

leiko1234 said: Just finished reading  quite a few   Japanese articles on the drama's ending.  I was wondering why the court astrologer looked so old.   Well, Those three children were supposed to be Wang So's grandchildren , not his children.
 The children wanted to know if Wang So and Shin Yeol ever met again.The old Astrologer said: "People who are meant to meet again will meet.  people who are not meant to meet again will not  meet, even if they try. It can only be decided by Fate, or Heaven's Will."  By saying this, he was hinting at the possibility for them to see each other again.

After a long time, they  did seem  to see each other again.  However, because their appearances did not age, the drama concluded with questions and doubts for the viewers.  Their dream-like encounter made people wonder: Did they really  see each other again in reality, or is it just a dream" The final conclusion is left to the viewers' imagination.

Zhang Hyeok  himself said that he did not find the ending satisfactory enough.  So perhaps we are not alone.

Early 40s?? Okay then ... It sounds bad but i"ll console my heart a little that they met in the after life with SY not waiting for too long and they can be together without any burdens anymore .. :(( :(( damn pd damn script writers. No wonder Honey lee said about shine or going crazy and both JH OYS are not pleased either. Oys was upset till she cried... Tsk tsk

Guest dawnshine

WS suffered an unknown sudden sickness and died days later at the age of 50 (925 - 975), was in reign for 26 years. That means they were only reunited in that "after-life" scene 26 years later.:(( Must be missing and mourning ShinYool too much until health deteriorated over the years. It's sad to see an unhappy man living his life miserably missing his wife. =((

26 years of lonely miserable lonely life while missing the only person that can made him happy, .Lookinf at her clothes and pendant with heartaches till he died . Sure pd-nim you succeed in breaking our hearts to pieces.... Poor WS.... :(( :(( but this telepathic couple would be sad if the other party is sad so i'm assuming SY is crying her heart out there as well. She eventually died with her weak body condition... :(( . In the end this drama is beyond tragic, no one is happy ...

Maybe the ending is mbc's ploy to get us to keep talking about the ending after the show ended. =.=

Whatever, may JH n the rest of the cast move out from mbc for their next show! Pls! *throws voodoo dolls* *burns incense*

Guest dawnshine

haymochi said: 26 years of lonely miserable lonely life while missing the only person that can made him happy, .Lookinf at her clothes and pendant with heartaches till he died . Sure pd-nim you succeed in breaking our hearts to pieces.... Poor WS.... :(( :(( but this telepathic couple would be sad if the other party is sad so i'm assuming SY is crying her heart out there as well. She eventually died with her weak body condition... :(( . In the end this drama is beyond tragic, no one is happy ...

dawnshine said:

lclarakl

said: Okay, after watching with subs, it's not as bad as I thought, but I'm still disappointed in the way that it ended.  If we're to listen to the words spoken by the astrologist, then it appears that SY and WS meet up again in the future. It ends with them two of them hugging (in the afterlife).  Apparently she went off to die and he died later (he did die in real life at an early age of 44).  However, I just wish this had been a completely fictional drama with no real historical people so that the ending could have been a great one for SY and WS.  So it appears that YW was the real light and not SY.  I don't know what to make of the storyline, although I loved the characters and the actors.

No SY... WS still be the wanderless man who lived under the curse fate. No SY there will be no ambition for him to be a king like what she has inspired him to be. Without SY and the chunghae village she created for him and even helped him in the final battle ,he is nothing. Without SY helping him to find out the kinf was poisoned, the king won't be trusting WS. If he just got married with YW he will still be nothing cos his mentality is not up to there. YW only has the strong family background but even the ledger to bring down the nobles came from SY.

Guest dawnshine

lclarakl said: The person who really made him become king, to me, was YW. I'm not sure how SY helped him reach the throne.  It was YW who reached her goal.  I just hoped for a better ending. Reality is depressing enough, it would have been nice to have had a twist on the characters. I really enjoyed the first half of this drama, not the second half so much. Again, loved the characters, just not the story.

There's much to be debated about SoGC's ending since they made it open for viewers' imagination. But for me, that scene where Wang So looked a lot older was 16 years after he became king and that was when Shin Yul died. He went to his secret room to finally lay Shin Yul's memories to rest including the wedding dress and the pendant. The three kids who went inside his secret room were his kids with Yeo Won. They were young because in history, Wang So and Yeo Won never had their first child until six years after he became king. In the dream-like scene which must be in the afterlife, Shin Yul had been waiting for Wang So. If we are to base it again on history, Wang So died on the 26th year of his reign. So saying sorry to Shin Yul for coming to see her in the afterlife a little late was accurate because he died a decade later than her. I think also that although Wang So was already a lonely king, he was a great one in the first years of his reign...well until Shin Yul died. That's when he went "crazy" and turned into a purging controversial king. I think that though he wasnt with Shin Yul in those 16 years, she gave him a reason to do great things because he after all sacrificed being with her to be a great king for the people. Shin Yul, though not physically with him remained to be Wang So's light for as long as she was alive. Oh but, that's just how I see it. Wish they made the ending less vague.

Night-Owl said: Am i the only one here who didn't see the ending as that bad? i'm not saying it's the sweetest or happest ending i have seen, but i felt it was fitting. There was never a question about WS & SY's love for each other, like WS stated SY was & always will be the only woman he will ever love, but the minute he desided to become king, his life was no longer his own, he couldn't turn back on all the promises he had made to the people now following him, and SY new this, thats why she asked could you give your life of being a king up, she new this wasn't possible. Yes she had the option of staying around & having their own little secret life like in the novel, but would that really be possible, she would always be a threat to WS as a king because his love for her would always be a weakness

The ending lift me with a few questions, I would have liked to see a little more from SY's group, but i guess we didn't because SY wasn't based on a real person, in my mind they either went on in front of SY, or followed after her, i don't believe SY & WS met again during their life time. The minute SY left WS was no longer the carefree prince i think this is clearly shown on his face, his heart left with SY, i do believe the children were his & YW's but just like his marriage they were just political, you don't have to love someone to have children, children to Kings weren't about love, they were about power, even to the very end YW said she didn't know how nore did she care to live for herself, she lived for her family name. I'm not sure how WS got the wedding dress & butterfly pendant etc, i wonder if they were returned to him so he would know of SY's death

Guest dawnshine

onnififi said:

@Night-Owl hello my dear and nice to meet you. My dear thank you so much for your post. After reading your post I'm feeling better and finally I have decided to watch the finale tonight with Eng Sub. 

@eve_wu thank you so much dear for sharing all the videos. :-* :-*

@JHBNL thank you so much dear for sharing all the pics and gifs!  :-* :-*  And my dear @dawnshine thank you dear for all your insightful post. I love reading them all.....btw chingu ar I'm going to have a nightmare soon....my bestie colleague was so upset with the ending!  X_X X_X  She has been tailing me the whole morning to express her unhappiness  ;)) ;)) Then finally I saw @Night-Owl post and I show it to her earlier and she sound and look slightly better, but my guess she for sure going to throw her tantrum again during our lunch later!  =)) =)) Chingu ar, I am not surprise if she going to fly to Korea soon as she kept on saying that she is going to shaved both PD nim and writer nim head bald!! PD nim and writer nim be careful ya, my bestie colleague is coming to see you soon!  :D:D

Guest dawnshine

@onnififi - unnie, is your bestie colleague Ahn Yo-Na in disguise or her twin sister? =)) Shaving the PD bald is too easy to him. I like your red pepper powder mask idea better. Stuff on his face, eyes and nose and then stuff his mouth with marinated red pepper frog satay with poison. >:)

Our Mr.Dashing Pinky praised Oh Yeon SeoFor this let met give you a smooch  :-*

"Oh Yeon Seo Animal Instinct Acting, a Real Rating Queen"

shine236_zpsupkqdblu.png

Actor Im Ju Hwan praised his colleagues Oh Yeon Seo.
In MBC 'Shine or Go Crazy' Im Ju hwan acted as the most handsome prince .Wang Wook who seems cold, but inside he is a character bearing a painful love in his heart. He has shown a pure love towards Shinyool (Oh Yeon Seo) towards the end.
On the 8th of April during his interview he said "In fact i'm a little bit slow when loving someone. It took me some time to feel the emotion of love to the stage of confessing to the other party"
"Me and Janghyuk Hyung are the more quite style and we have reactions when we are acting seriously. I was mainly looking at the script most of the time while Oh Yeon Seo was really having fun and speak without any hesitation. She is the unstoppable style " =)) =))
Following," Not too long ago  there was a scene when  Shinyool was trying out her bridal gown before the wedding ceremony,the gown was decorated with beads which made  sounds like "jjalrang jjalrang". Oh Yeon Seo was dancing a belly dance to that and made the other staffs joined her as well,  :)) Oh Yeon Seo is really a cheerful person. The two women Oh Yeon Seo and Honey Lee have made the  filming atmosphere very delightful"
"I've seen a lot of articles  about "The Queen of Rating" for Yeon Seo.   Ithink that praises really come out  for a reason,  Oh is someone who has an animalistic instinct in acting and coming out very pretty on screen"cr to newsen

They should have released more bts. They all seems to have fun even in the most saddest scene.

Guest leiko1234

One of Shin yeol's goal was to find her mother and brother. Her brother Seweon did not want to be known, so that sort of fizzled out too. 
I wonder if Wang Wook ever told her.  There are so many unanswered questions and the ending was simply  too rushed to be satisfactory.

The court astrologer can not possibly age so much in in 16 years, that's why most Japanese articles(by journalists) I have read say that the children who were talking to the  the astrologer were his grandchildren , or even great grandchildren.

onnififi said:

@eve_wu thank you so much dear for sharing all the videos. :-* :-*

@JHBNL thank you so much dear for sharing all the pics and gifs!  :-* :-*  And my dear @dawnshine thank you dear for all your insightful post. I love reading them all.....btw chingu ar I'm going to have a nightmare soon....my bestie colleague was so upset with the ending!  X_X X_X  She has been tailing me the whole morning to express her unhappiness  ;)) ;)) The finally I saw @Night-Owl post and I show it to her earlier and she sound and look slightly better, but my guess she for sure going to throw her tantrum again during our lunch later!  =)) =)) Chingu ar, I am not surprise if she going to fly to Korea soon as she kept on saying that she is going to shaved both PD nim and writer nim head bald!! PD nim and writer nim be careful ya, my bestie colleague is coming to see you soon!  :D:D