[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest leiko1234

What happened to Wang Wook?---He became the father of Empress Cheonchu.(also known as the Iron Empress), she married Wang So's first son, the  next  emperor

Empress Cheonchu

click to see the picture
  (I am sorry that I don't know how to upload the picture.
Could anyone give me the information of how to do it?

Edit: I edited the  first line.  Empress Cheonchu.'s father was Wang Wook, the fifth
 son of  King Taejo, the founder of Goryeo.

Guest gemini3105

Anyway, 24 episodes have passedWe regret to the end .... bland that it would not change anythingOnly regret ...Films or so .... which bore ShinYool leave WangSo .... I too painfulReally is too painful  Price as writers .... let him have a river with two wives ... it too good.Shinyool can not live at the Royal Palace, she can trade associations in Chunhea .... But they had to let her have the river beside WangSo  I want those he killed the writer ...yhZQLte.jpg
CyKKi43.jpg
They were so good togetherI love them very much !!!!

I dunno why I am reading up on history at this point when the drama is over....but just becuz I already did, if I were to share a little.
When Wang Gun the first emperor first established Goryeo, he had to get help from a lot of aristocrat clans. But then after becoming the emperor, the existence of those clans was the biggest threat for the nation. Each of those aristocrats had their own land, own army, and were pretty much self-governing, so it was hard to control them and Goryeo could fall apart any time. Wang Gun chooses marriage as a way to control them. It's almost like, he holds their daughters as hostage in his palace. So Wang Gun marries 29 wives, each of the marriage representing an alliance with that woman's family. 
With 29 wives, Wang Gun had total 34 children, 25 of them being princes. Now, there was a problem. Who will be the crown prince?Apparently, Wang Gun did not choose a crown prince at all. Because each of his marriage was a political alliance, and each of the queen's family represented a region of the nation, showing favor of one prince over the other would be a dangerous political move. So Wang Gun left the chance open for anyone. He said, "In principle, the first son should success the throne. However, if the first son does not qualify, let the second son success. If the second son also does not qualify, choose among the rest of the sons." 
But what determines whether a prince is qualified or not?The power came from his mother's family. (since the father is same for everyone)Thus, the bloody fight among queens' families began to win over the throne. The families with prince grandson all wanted their grandson to become the emperor, so constantly tried to kill the emperor. 
So that's the background family history of WS, WW and YW!

Guest leiko1234

I just re-watched the 24th episode again to see if I could understand the ending better. Wang So looked very withdrawn and burned out  after 16 years on the throne.  In fact, since he became the king, he looked bored and unhappy. Whenever he missed Shin Yool, he retreated into that room where he stored his personal stuff, and looked at the bridal gown and the butterfly pendant. He looked very sad.

The ending , in many way, does not add up, because if the three children were his, then how did the astrologer aged so drastically in 16 years. 

It seems to me that the Queen  , who would give away her right arm  just to become the Queen ,enjoyed her  position and power a lot more than Wang So.

I can understand why Shin Yool wanted no part of the palace life. Just think back on how she was treated by YW, who was an expert of using poison and the kidnap of her masterminded by YW.And her experience of jail which nearly killed her.I think her decision for not entering the palace was right.If I were in her place, I would be living in constant threat  and fear.  Perhaps this was the reason that Wang So did not press her.

I don't think the incest marriage was as good as what the  Founder,King Taejo imagined. So many kings  had problems with mental stability and  perhaps genetic diseases---This alone just weakened the royal house.

Wang So's first son, the 5th  king of Goryeo was an alcoholic, a crazy man  who lived a lascivious life.  He married Wang Wook's daughter ( in other words, his niece). He died right after the birth of their son.  This son grew up to have epileptic fits. In general, his health and mental state was in sad state.

I hope that the ending scene is just a hint that they did find each other again.  I am willing  to be satisfied with it.

leiko1234

said: [size=4]  I just re-watched the 24th episode again to see if I could understand the ending better. Wang So looked very withdrawn and burned out  after 16 years on the throne.  In fact, since he became the king, he looked bored and unhappy. Whenever he missed Shin Yool, he retreated into that room where he stored his personal stuff, and looked at the bridal gown and the butterfly pendant. He looked very sad.

The ending , in many way, does not add up, because if the three children were his, then how did the astrologer aged so drastically in 16 years. 

It seems to me that the Queen  , who would give away her right arm  just to become the Queen ,enjoyed her  position and power a lot more than Wang So.

I can understand why Shin Yool wanted no part of the palace life. Just think back on how she was treated by YW, who was an expert of using poison and the kidnap of her masterminded by YW.And her experience of jail which nearly killed her.I think her decision for not entering the palace was right.If I were in her place, I would be living in constant threat  and fear.  Perhaps this was the reason that Wang So did not press her.

I don't think the incest marriage was as good as what the  Founder,King Taejo imagined. So many kings  had problems with mental stability and  perhaps genetic diseases---This alone just weakened the royal house.

Wang So's first son, the 5th  king of Goryeo was an alcoholic, a crazy man  who lived a lascivious life.  He married Wang Wook's daughter ( in other words, his niece). He died right after the birth of their son.  This son grew up to have epileptic fits. In general, his health and mental state was in sad state.

I hope that the ending scene is just

a hint that they did find each other again.

I am willing  to be satisfied with it.

[/size]

There have been pages from us trying to settle with the unsatisfying, sloppy ending, each of us talking out loud to anyone listening about how this could be so, etc.  So here’s my take:   I don’t buy that WS’ marriage to YW caused SY to abdicate and disappear forever.  She wasn’t abdicating before and WS sure didn’t want her to.  Polygamy was common and she wasn’t a real threat to YW anymore, didn’t want to be and had her own world at the trading company.  No need to live in the palace and be miserable but live elsewhere.  She knew deeply that she was loved and the worst part of WS’ journey to the throne was over.  She was a busy gal, too. 

A look at the original script that had been intended told us the writer/s didn’t believe her abdication and complete disappearance were logical – or necessary -- either.  Instead the original script had her taking off for a few years to let the dust settle.  Now THAT I can buy from a spunky merchant who already entertained and dazzled traders from as far away as Rome when we first met up with her.  Her own life and career were going to continue.  SY loved her work and was a go-getter with great curiosity.  That’s part of her charm.  So-So Choo-na loved that.  No complaints.  They were realists.  And they were completely in love and wanting to live and die together until the next day when stupidity reigned in production. Also, I think I read that their relationship did continue in the novel on which SOGC is based.  So WT..?  The ending “perpetrated” by the director (yes, it was a needless crime that benefited no one including his career) seems like it came from another drama with different characters and settings. 

Come on DC Inside or some other Korean online community!  K-drama-land desperately needs a “Worst Ending of the Year Award” for a Drama. Make it happen so good and great work doesn’t keep getting trashed so frequently!!  Make them pay attention and keep accountable to everyone, talent and viewers.  OYS, here’s a tissue.  We would have loved to have seen you and JH in the original script.  I saw both of you as I read it, and would have been on top of the world to have watched it. Someone call a cop: I’ve been robbed!

What the original script intended to do was so true as well as the original novel. I can never comprehend the pd mind!! Why did he has to ruin a nice drama which was intended to have a great reasonable ending that stayed true to their character instead of this absurdity!! From the beginning everyone knew that SY won't become a queen or a consort. She will be the head of Chunghae but never leaving WS till his death!!

Guest dawnshine

@kydes - Thank you for your beautifully written post. I kept nodding while I was reading it. Totally agree and share the same sentiment. It's already the third day since the final episode was aired, I still find it difficult to settle with this ending. That is really not a ShinYool we all know - left without coming back intentionally. I'm hoping our fellow Korean viewers over there could gather force and demand for a different ending to be made. It doesn't have to be a perfect happy ending like the OTP are happily married every after with beautiful children. We are not demanding that. Just stick with the original script, showing her returning from her long trip and meet up with her Soso Hyeongnim, bragging about her trip in a Gaeong-i trait and the lonely sad WangSo Paeha becomes happier again meeting his Gaebong. That would make all of us satisfied and walk away happily dreaming about SOGC and from time to time revisit this beautiful drama again. I usually revise the drama several times even for the OTP scenes that were melo. But the ending of ep 24 was too painful to watch. I had to hold my breath to go through the sub...and I'm still heartbroken whenever I stare at photos of their parting scenes (starting from her telling WS she's leaving till the end). I don't even feel like going back to watch their sweet scenes together at the beginning. 
Why ruin the hardwork of everyone including Oh YeonSeo and Jang Hyuk and making fans drop the drama when it could have ended well?? If it's a more acceptable ending, fans would be talking highly about it. The team could have benefited a lot more from this. Right, it's the first time I can't let go of a drama. I've been trying this chant, "it's just a drama.". It hasn't been working that well yet, I blame it on the excellent acting of Oh YeonSeo and Jang Hyuk. They made ShinYool and WangSo like our dear friends in real life. Ouuch, it's painful to see their story ended that way. Ok, back to my chant, "It's just a drama. It's just a drama!" 

Guest dawnshine

haymochi said: I do remember about Honey Lee if post for her last filming , where she mentioned about last script change, a sudden filming schedule blah blah blah. That must be it... Damn pd