[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

I loved the first episode... I wasn't really into the king and queen stuff but it grew on me... I hope soon this drama gets to me like ftly(which is very hard). I used to yearn for FTLY and Master's Sun like crazy... I really wish this one makes me like that too... 

@sunset90 i love FTLY and Master Sun esp like crazy too, lol....i hope we can get more romance from this drama.

i only manage to watch some parts of tonight episode. The pace is quite fast as we are moving along to the next king already.I saw Princess Yeowon making her poison . Idk how her poison making skill gonna play in the story....Looks like even though Wangso married Yeowon, he chose to live outside the palace (?) as both don't love each other.After the time jump and his father death, he changed into more ambitious prince I want the otp  to meet again asap as 5 years separation is too long.....Maybe he will meet her again when she  dresses up as a guy
some pics from ep 2shine118_zps7504e44f.png

shine116_zpsacdb6b95.png

shine121_zps32d5d461.png

shine120_zps7dcb3f57.png

shine123_zpsc0c6a1e3.png

shine122_zps0228fc8d.png

shine116_zpse1c1864d.png

shine125_zpse9275d79.png

shine126_zpsf481be17.png

Greetings everyone! Here's a review/recap i wrote for the first ep of Shine or Go Crazy:
class="entry-title" Episode 1 Review: Shine or Go Crazy (2015)

2Months ago, the drama prophets spoke of a wretched prince overburdened by the shadow of a curse. He would inherit bloodshed, pain and suffering by the time he’d open his eyes underneath the nighttime’s Alkaid eerie stare. They also foresaw the advent of two princesses with the light of the North Star on their skin who would try to cleanse the darkness from the prince’s life. There’s a crossroad of two options, Shine or Go Crazy. And the time has arrived for the first episode of a story based on Hyun Go Woon’s web novella Bitnageona Michigeona  presented through the lenses of director Son Hyeong Seok via MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama airing time. And a great cast supports this grandiose fantasy/romance/historical attempt. Jang Hyuk, Oh Yeon Seo and Lee Na Hui will be the prince and the two princesses respectively, bound to bring to life the main lead roles to the fullest and even further of their capabilities. Along with them, many actors and actresses, more well known throughout the years and with a wide variety of filmography and drama appearances on their backs, but also less known ones on a race to prove their worth through Shine or Go Crazy! I won’t invest much on presenting the drama, you pretty much have already done your research, i will keep my thoughts for a forthcoming first impressions article during the following week or whenever time is gracious on me. Let the moon shine!

Read more here: https://dramajjang.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/episode-1-review-shine-or-go-crazy-2015/

Since this is a fantasy drama, I wonder how they're going to make the story turn out. I don't think Shin Yool existed in real life even though Balhae was a real place in Goryeo history and Wang So married Yeo Won (later Queen Daemuk) so how will our OTP end up together?  It's obvious they're making Yeo Won an ambitious person who wants to be queen, but I didn't think they'd have Wang So go through with the wedding. Those who saw episode 2, why was Wang So walking around not looking very royal like even though he married Yeo Won? 

It didn't show why.. after the marriage it's a 5yr timeskip.. my guess is that Wang so is probably biding his time waiting for the right opportunity to bring down the person who killed his dad (and being outside the palace gave him more freedom to do some digging to oust the mastermind behind that assassination) he got to act like he's just a useless bum to bring down the defenses of unknown enemies?

i think it's a good start...who cares about them ratings?as what happened in FTLY, higher ratings doesn't always mean a better quality drama. ;)
watched episode 1...and...;))1. can we really blame all those women for chasing after JH?2. or OYS for falling in love at first sight? 
but...why did she kept on red veil on even after the ceremony was over?(groom never got to see his bride's beautiful face)love her dimples! :)

Omg shin yool wanted to remove her veil but dicided not to. I guess the broom has to remove it and kiss her or do that lol well thats the traditions in my country well in the past. I guess thats why shin yool decided not to. I am just guessing . So far ratings are going up. So hopefully next week it goes even higher. At least be in 2nd place i will be happy hahaha

P.s. Why soompi tv describe that Wang So meets Shin Yool and the two fall in love despite her looming Death. ???

Is she going to die later on or is because her family wants to kill her beause of her fate or is because she is supposed to be death but she is not??

Guest Gintoki

I've just watched the first episode. I'm not really crazy about it but I think it's very promising. I like Jang Hyuk after watching FTLY and really want to watch him in another drama. Oh Yeon Seo is okay to me, she looks beautiful, athough her Chinese pronunciation is a little bit weird but it doesn't really matter.

I don't really like history dramas cause most of them ate too serious for me to watch but Shine or go crazy has a funny and romantic side, which makes me follow this drama.

Hope that it won't turn out to be a tragic drama or something like this.

I never know the story of the novel. I'm curious how shinyool will be with wangso as well.

Maybe he will take her as his concubine like saeguk dramas always do. The king/ prince never love the queen because it's arranged marriage but he marries the woman he loves as his concubine.

I think that's the only way the battle btw the 2 women and 2 men could happen in the palace.

I read few pages before that Wangwook (LJH) will eventually tries to eliminate Wangso to have SHinyool.

Although what's going to happen and how this drama will end is so unpredictable because it's fictional. I'm okay with sad or tragic ending as long as it''s heartfelt and touching

@estrellita1122‌ shinyool was supposed to be death as her parents commanded people to kill her because she has the fate of bringing light to another country but the palace maid saved and took her.You can see in ep 2 that she has a birth mark on her hand resembling light.

I can't wait for Monday. I need more scenes of the otp.

How can they end it without a preview

watch ep 2 with subs and eek..i love the wedding night sceneShinyool promised a contract that Wangso will get the whole world if he  agreed to marry her and she asked him "what meansthe whole world to you?"and he just stare and kiss her "contract is over" :x :x so she means the whole world to him.
Right now he only knows her as the red woman though    :))

Guest IguanaSoap

'Shine or Go Crazy' Jang Hyeok and Lee Honey to have loveless marriage of state

photo554607.jpg

On the January 20th episode of MBC, 'Shine or Go Crazy', while Wang-gun (Nam Kyeong-eup) lay on his deathbed, he told his son, Wang-so (Jang Hyeok) to marry Hwangbo Yeo-won (Lee Honey). Wang-gun said, "Marry Hwangbo Yeo-won. Her family will secure your foothold".

Following father's will, Wang-so started to prepare for the marriage of state with Hwangbo Yeo-won.

At the same time, Sin-yul arrived at Gaegyeong to see Wang-so. It was on the day of Wang-so's marriage. It was raining. Sin-yul felt emotional as it recalled to her mind the day she had gotten married to Wang-so.

Wang-so and Hwangbo Yeo-won had the loveless marriage in the rain. And Wang-so had Hwangbo Yeo-won spend the first night alone. Wang-gun passed away on the wedding day.

'Shine or Go Crazy' is a drama about romance in a palace between a cursed prince in Goryeo and an abandoned princess.

[Hancinema]

Just finished watching both episodes and I really liked it. I'm not sure just how much historical accuracy there is, especially after their disclaimer, but what I saw was definitely entertaining. I'm impressed by the talents and skills portrayed by the entire cast. (Jang Hyuk's laugh still reminds me of Lee Gun though? lol.) I'm excited for next weeks' episodes! I'm also really loving the OSTs!