[Taiwanese Drama 2015] I Am Sorry, I Love You 我的鬼基友

sugarplum892

@thunderman1 You can watch the web episodes on youku/tudou (you have to install unblock youku extension on google chrome browser to view the videos since these are chinese sites and have region restriction) or maplestage (they also upload the web version), the content of the web episode is exactly the same with TV version, it's just that they cut the TV version into 3 parts (3 web episodes)

http://www.maplestage.com/drama/我的鬼基友/

As for the BGM, I don't have the download links for these but I have the title tracks you can look up for on youtube (most of the songs are already uploaded on youtube since these are not exactly new songs), I copied these track titles from Jasper's baidu bar.

Opening Track:
嘴哥乐团 - Beautiful Day

BGM:
Spexial - 暖男制造机
夏米雅 - 彼岸花
夏米雅 - 美丽之外
夏米雅 - 日记
夏米雅 - 青苔
夏米雅 - 离开的他
嘴哥乐团 - Her
嘴哥乐团 - 滞留
炎亚纶 - 台北沉睡了
孙自佑 - 在没有你的世界 
辰亦儒 - 交换人生 

Ending Theme:
炎亚纶 - 你幸福就好

========

Edit: I made a youtube playlist for the OST.

It's missing 嘴哥乐团 (Mister Mouth) - 滞留 from the list as I couldn't find the youtube full audio link for it (only LIVE performance of the song). But you can listen to this song on indievox - http://tw.streetvoice.com/mrmouth/songs/331122/

Edited by c_gunawan541
  • Like 1

Wow thanks @c_gunawan541  

By the way, where is your playlist? I will add it to my YouTube lists. :)

Umm... if you look carefully, the playlist is already embedded the post I posted above your post. That's the playlist. Just click the "list" option and you'll see other songs included in that same youtube player window.

• Like 1

@thunderman1 Just watched ep20 (web version, equivalent to 2/3 of ep7 of TV version) and things really start to become more interesting once the ghost starts to become greedy and I think it's inevitable that he wants more and more once he gets more power because he must feel defeated, why does he have to be a ghost. It's hard for Hong Pei to let go of the past, just like Si Yi.

I really think Jasper's acting have improved quite a lot, especially for the scene in ep18 (equivalent to the last part of ep6 of TV version), when Jian Hao confronted Si Yi, asking her to forget about the past, I actually thought his acting was the most on spot for that scene among these 3 people.

Andrea Chen's crying scenes really bugged me, it's like she's just furrowing her brow, sniffing without actual tears and her eyes feel very dry (though she was a bit better when she confronts Xiao Long Nu in ep20.). Si Yi is so boring to watch, probably because her character feels a bit bland for me but Andrea's stiff acting is not helping either. I really feel that Bryant Chang and Jasper's scenes are the more interesting ones to watch than her scenes. (Having watched Mandy Wei's crying scenes in When I See You Again, Andrea's acting still need a lot more polishing in comparison, she's not emoting well even though her character is supposed to be pitiful.) Even Zheng Nan (Deng Jiu Yun) is a much better actress than her. No offense but Andrea's crying scenes really frustrates me at some points because she's not delivering what I'm expecting to see.

As for Bryant Chang, he used to play rich handsome guy roles but his acting is really versatile because Wang Shu Hai is such a fun character and it's like seeing a new side of him. I like his acting. I love Shu Hai and Hong Pei's bromance, their bond is so precious.

Even though they look very different on the outside but at the current state, they're both are similar in terms of how they're forgotten by this world in some ways....

As in... Shu Hai's nerdy characteristics can't fit well with social norms, the society isolates him (excluding his nerdy friends and Zheng Nan). I wish the writer will dwell further into why Shu Hai become so introverted. Was it because of something that happened in the past or was he always been like this?

As for Hong Pei, he's forgotten by the whole world except for Shu Hai as only Shu Hai can see him. So, in a way, they're both lonely souls and I like their friendship beyond dimensions (one is a human, the other one is a ghost). They're always so funny with each other but I feel like they both treasure each other's companionship. I have a feeling that it will be very hard for Shu Hai to see Hong Pei vanish in the future, but Hong Pei afterall is still a ghost, I don't think he can get a happy ending. Sigh!!!

Truthfully speaking, I don't really care for Si Yi (because she feels pretty one-dimensional out of all the main characters) but I really don't want Hong Pei and Shu Hai to be separated. :P Bromance for the win!

Love this scene a lot from ep18 web version (equivalent to ep6 of TV version)

lL8Og0m.jpg

qz1bxKq.jpg

W0Y3lGD.jpg

ZbTAb9H.jpg

1ze7Oja.jpg

5JLB3NV.jpg

ZbKPDOm.jpg

KYOdCuk.jpg

Some spoiler screencaps for ep20 web version (equivalent to ep7 of tv version)

ehL9OqL.jpgoQX9gne.jpgLKyyshP.jpgg9VOP5d.jpgn9Blswc.jpg

Edited by c_gunawan541
  • Like 2

I don't think Andrea's acting is that bad.. it's just the way her character was written hence the reason why you just see one side of her only with such a bland face. You have to put yourself in their shoes and know that the pain she feels is quite remorseful.. she can't move on hence the expressionless face we always see of her.

I do love her sense of fashion in this drama. :) 

Anyways, whenever she gets some screen time and it's just her, I just fastforward through them and onto the main leads' bromance. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I guess this thread is not really active.  Was just searching for fellow shippers of this drama.  I am more of a Kdrama fan but lately there is a dearth of good ones in Kland and happened to stumble into this drama.  Subbing is a little slow than what i am used to but still I have really grown to love this cute drama.  It was a little slow for me in the beginning but then I got to know most of the characters.  The scriptwriter has given viewers time to watch the growth of different characters.  I especially love Shu Hai.  Never seen any of his dramas (or I am really not that familiar with Taiwanese drama stars) but I do admire him as an actor.  He successfully pulls off the nerdy character without going overboard.  Looking forward to future episodes.  I watch this on Viki.  How often is this shown in Taiwan?  I have to watch it subbed as I do not speak any Taiwanese or Chinese at all.

• Like 1

I guess this thread is not really active.  Was just searching for fellow shippers of this drama.  I am more of a Kdrama fan but lately there is a dearth of good ones in Kland and happened to stumble into this drama.  Subbing is a little slow than what i am used to but still I have really grown to love this cute drama.  It was a little slow for me in the beginning but then I got to know most of the characters.  The scriptwriter has given viewers time to watch the growth of different characters.  I especially love Shu Hai.  Never seen any of his dramas (or I am really not that familiar with Taiwanese drama stars) but I do admire him as an actor.  He successfully pulls off the nerdy character without going overboard.  Looking forward to future episodes.  I watch this on Viki.  How often is this shown in Taiwan?  I have to watch it subbed as I do not speak any Taiwanese or Chinese at all.

Howdy! I'm still here but there's no one to reply to.. I find that Korean drama plots are overused and overplayed, however, this one is just right. There are some similar aspects to 49 days but other than that, the ost is pretty amazing and the characters take some time to get use to. I find the main actress quite pretty and good. The reason why she has such an expressionless face is because of all the pain she has gone through, it's not her acting but rather that character she has to portray.

Guest mousiie96

I really like Jasper, and I am debating whether I should watch this drama or not T.T because im not sure I can handle Jasper being the 2nd lead and get his heart all broken at the end (he is a ghost right?)

T.T

I really like Jasper, and I am debating whether I should watch this drama or not T.T because im not sure I can handle Jasper being the 2nd lead and get his heart all broken at the end (he is a ghost right?)

T.T

I find him being one of the main leads and not really the second party. Just keep watching and you'll see. I find that he gets the same amount of screen time as the other guy. I find Jasper quite good looking compared to the one she will fall in love with. 

Looks like the drama is wrapping up soon.  Not many gasps here and there and it's a pretty light drama compared to the more dramatic Chinese dramas.

Truthfully speaking, I don't really care for Si Yi (because she feels pretty one-dimensional out of all the main characters) but I really don't want Hong Pei and Shu Hai to be separated. :P Bromance for the win!

@c_gunawan541 I agreed Si Yi's character is blah. Too much of a "damsel of in distress," which can be annoying. Is it only me who thinks Zheng Nan likes Shu Hai? In the current ep, she was crying way more real than Si Yi for Shu Hai. He should ditch Si Yi and get with Zheng Nan. She's way cooler. lol

Here's my prediction for the ending:

1. Hong Pei wakes up from his coma... and not remember anything or anyone at all. Shu Hai and Si Yi will be together.

3. Hong Pei gets taken off life support, and can finally rest in peace. Shu Hai and Si Yi will be together.

2. Hong Pei wakes up from his coma, and Si Yi realizes she loves Hong Pei more. Shu Hai realizes the person who always been on his side is Zheng Nan. So, everyone is a winner.

Edited by Lemonsea
  • Like 1

I just finished watching episode 11 on Viki.  I really like where this story is going.  So glad that Si Yi is finally acknowledging Shu Hai's presence.  Looks like she is feeling something for him and seems to be the only person she feels comfortable to be with.

Si Yi is a definitely a damsel in distress.  I know some of you might find her character weak but she has so much unresolved issues with Hong Pei that it has affected her profoundly for a long time.  I really like her and I am hoping after this last episode (11 on Viki) she gets over Hong Pei after having a conversation with him by the pool.  I like that she saves Shu Hai by pushing him into the pool to remove the fragrance.  She hugs him in the end and that seems to be an indicator that she decides to be with people who are in the land of the living.

@thunderman1 Yes there does not seem to be a big following of this in this forum but this drama is really one of my favorites now,  Love the actors, the nerdy guys, Zheng Nan and the other minor ones.  I have to wait about 1 week after Viki uploads it before it gets fully subbed in English.  I really appreciate the subbers who are doing their best.  Wish I understand Chinese, but I don't:(

I do hope that Shu Hai and SI Yi get together at the end.  And Hong Pei rests in peace.  I don't think he can wake up form that coma even if his soul goes back to his body.

• Like 1

@c_gunawan541 I agreed Si Yi's character is blah. Too much of a "damsel of in distress," which can be annoying. Is it only me who thinks Zheng Nan likes Shu Hai? In the current ep, she was crying way more real than Si Yi for Shu Hai. He should ditch Si Yi and get with Zheng Nan. She's way cooler. lol

1. Hong Pei wakes up from his coma... and not remember anything or anyone at all. Shu Hai and Si Yi will be together.

3. Hong Pei gets taken off life support, and can finally rest in peace. Shu Hai and Si Yi will be together.

2. Hong Pei wakes up from his coma, and Si Yi realizes she loves Hong Pei more. Shu Hai realizes the person who always been on his side is Zheng Nan. So, everyone is a winner.

Number 2 will probably happen. After he resolves the unresolved conflicts with his past love. Hong Pei can finally move on.. it's like another 49 days all over again but less dramatic. The title also pretty much gave it away. He loved SY and never got the chance to actually tell her in person, I am Sorry, I Love You. She too also loved him and never really said the words out loud. There are the regrets they had and it's time to move on. SH was always there for her ever since Hong Pei left. Although SY waited 6 years, it's more than enough to finally bring some closure to both his him and to Hong Pei. 

@mattie2012I don't know why this drama didn't get too many hit views but I found it pretty good for the light drama it provided. :) 

Number 2 will probably happen. After he resolves the unresolved conflicts with his past love. Hong Pei can finally move on.. it's like another 49 days all over again but less dramatic. The title also pretty much gave it away. He loved SY and never got the chance to actually tell her in person, I am Sorry, I Love You. She too also loved him and never really said the words out loud. There are the regrets they had and it's time to move on. SH was always there for her ever since Hong Pei left. Although SY waited 6 years, it's more than enough to finally bring some closure to both his him and to Hong Pei. 

@mattie2012 don't know why this drama didn't get too many hit views but I found it pretty good for the light drama it provided. :) 

I agree, it is too late for Hong Pei but if everything does get resolved like I mentioned, all will end well and he can finally bring his soul across that shining light. :) Spreading his fiery wings and having peace in the land of happiness. :)  I like how the writer added this part to symbolize how the light can indeed bring happiness and how he was also tempted to cross over this light and use SH body for the sake of his selfishness.

Wow! Two dramas from Jasper Liu.

I guess he's in demand.

I have to watch this since I just finished watching his other show and I can't get enough of him.

Are there subs available?

You can try viki. If you didn't know, majority of T-drama and C-dramas are filmed one yr in advance or more. The airing date depends on the broadcaster/TV channel station etc. 

There's only one ep left to resolve everything! :)

I guess he's in demand.

I have to watch this since I just finished watching his other show and I can't get enough of him.

You can try viki. If you didn't know, majority of T-drama and C-dramas are filmed one yr in advance or more. The airing date depends on the broadcaster/TV channel station etc. 

Thanks for the information. I thought they film the same time they air like in Korean dramas.

But it's nice to see Jasper Liu in multiple productions and both main lead as well.

It would be very hard to choose which to watch if ever it was aired at the same day and time. Hehehe...

I guess I can watch this continuously if it is almost at the end. I'm always late with these nice shows. Just like in his other drama. Tsk tsk!

• Like 1

I guess he's in demand.

Thanks for the information. I thought they film the same time they air like in Korean dramas.

But it's nice to see Jasper Liu in multiple productions and both main lead as well.

It would be very hard to choose which to watch if ever it was aired at the same day and time. Hehehe...

I guess I can watch this continuously if it is almost at the end. I'm always late with these nice shows. Just like in his other drama. Tsk tsk!

I'm just like you.. I like to marathon but lately the ones airing are the ones I want to watch so I just watch a little as I go.. that way I don't go crazy later on when I want to watch something. I don't think Jasper Liu is the main character in this one... He's on and off at times. Earlier in this thread I mentioned that he has equal screen times as the other male lead but as I looked back, the other character received more. In fact, Jasper was even missing in 1-2 episodes and the attention was thrust upon the other male lead which I can't even get his name down at the moment.. I find that he's not as famous as Jasper which makes me wonder why the writer didn't give Jasper the main role instead. I like Jasper not just because he's cute and handsome, I think he has potential to give it his all as the main male lead.

• Like 1

I guess he's in demand.

I'm just like you.. I like to marathon but lately the ones airing are the ones I want to watch so I just watch a little as I go.. that way I don't go crazy later on when I want to watch something. I don't think Jasper Liu is the main character in this one... He's on and off at times. Earlier in this thread I mentioned that he has equal screen times as the other male lead but as I looked back, the other character received more. In fact, Jasper was even missing in 1-2 episodes and the attention was thrust upon the other male lead which I can't even get his name down at the moment.. I find that he's not as famous as Jasper which makes me wonder why the writer didn't give Jasper the main role instead. I like Jasper not just because he's cute and handsome, I think he has potential to give it his all as the main male lead.

I thought he was the main lead since it was in his profile. He really has potential. He can make you hook to his drama. Just like what happened to me in When I See You Again, I managed to survive that drama because of him. He's not the typical pretty boy I like (Korean looks) but there's something about him (his smile and dimples!) that I love seeing him. One drama from him and it made me a fangirl.

If he's not in this one most of the time, I should still give it a try. Maybe I'll still survive this thinking I can still see Jasper Liu.

• Like 1