[Taiwanese Drama 2015] I Am Sorry, I Love You 我的鬼基友

sugarplum892

@xiashenghan, I'm on borderline with Japser Liu.. I found When I See You Again to be pretty dull in terms of plot. It was good up to like ep 7-8 until the draggy plot appeared (typical for t-dramas anyways).

I really like first love stories. Another reason why I managed to finish the drama. Normally I cannot finish Taiwanese drama at all.

As for Jasper Liu, he's not handsome but he is charming and cute. That dimples gets me everytime.

I watched parts of episode 1 of this drama and I like his style in this one. Almost same as the Korean dramas.

• Like 1

Just saw the ending... it was blahhhhh.

URGGHHH>> I don't even know what to say.. the drama aired in China three episodes per week and in America it was compiled into one... 

The ending was like another 49 days drama for me. Ahhhhh.. We all knew from the start that she would end up with Shu Hai and not Hong Pei. He was already living in another world and had to sacrifice himself for a true friend he made, Shu Hai.

@xiashenghan, I'm on borderline with Japser Liu.. I found When I See You Again to be pretty dull in terms of plot. It was good up to like ep 7-8 until the draggy plot appeared (typical for t-dramas anyways).

I really like first love stories. Another reason why I managed to finish the drama. Normally I cannot finish Taiwanese drama at all.

As for Jasper Liu, he's not handsome but he is charming and cute. That dimples gets me everytime.

I watched parts of episode 1 of this drama and I like his style in this one. Almost same as the Korean dramas.

Howdy! I have been seeing you around a lot.. I suggest you watch this drama because it was good regardless of the ending.. I wasn't satisfied with the ending--one of the many T-drama endings that leaves you questioning.

Truthfully speaking, I don't really care for Si Yi (because she feels pretty one-dimensional out of all the main characters) but I really don't want Hong Pei and Shu Hai to be separated. :P Bromance for the win!

@c_gunawan541 I agreed Si Yi's character is blah. Too much of a "damsel of in distress," which can be annoying. Is it only me who thinks Zheng Nan likes Shu Hai? In the current ep, she was crying way more real than Si Yi for Shu Hai. He should ditch Si Yi and get with Zheng Nan. She's way cooler. lol

Here's my prediction for the ending:

1. Hong Pei wakes up from his coma... and not remember anything or anyone at all. Shu Hai and Si Yi will be together.

3. Hong Pei gets taken off life support, and can finally rest in peace. Shu Hai and Si Yi will be together.

2. Hong Pei wakes up from his coma, and Si Yi realizes she loves Hong Pei more. Shu Hai realizes the person who always been on his side is Zheng Nan. So, everyone is a winner.

Just as you predicted and I agreed earlier. number 3 happened. But I'm not sure why your numbering was off! lol Typo?

Edited by thunderman1
  • Like 1

@thunderman1

Hi! Yes. I've been lurking around the threads in Taiwanese drama section. After watching a Taiwanese drama (When I See You Again), it made me want to watch the new ones. Since they caught my attention.

I would definitely watch this one. Oh Jasper Liu! I have the first episode ready, I just need time to start it. Hehehe...

• Like 1

@thunderman1 WISYA gets better, especially in the middle part when they got reunited (ep12) and once they got together (ep9 or 10...). But it's true it had some draggy parts like most tw-dramas. However, I find it much more watchable than I am sorry I love you because the editing of WISYA is much smoother.  WISYA is a drama which require 2nd chances (much like their main plotline, it requires a 2nd look.) but I find it a pretty decent drama overall (even better than Pleasantly Surprised overall in terms of storytelling).

The ending of I am sorry I love you is as what I predicted, it earned lots of my tears despite being a cliche ending. I don't feel like talking in details about this drama in overall because the editing is choppy for most of the time that it was hard to get invested in the romance plot. The only thing that prevented me from dropping this is the cinematography and bromance between Shu Hai and Hong Pei (too precious.)

@Lemonsea I actually find the ending acceptable but cliche tbh... Sigh...and would have appreciate it more if they slowed down the pacing a little and showed more details in an intricate manner (but that's never going to happen with the choppy editing of this drama, UGH!)

But I do want to talk a bit more on the ending.. (Spoilers alert):

I actually think Hong Pei didn't revive himself (because he was already beyond revive 6 years ago, he was dead from then on), he only possessed his body temporarily, like what he did to Shu Hai in the past.

However, possessing a body requires a lot of his powers and exhaust his spirit existence, which is why he suffers from headaches during his "revive" period and his spirit wasn't stable. He only went back to his body to bid a clean goodbye to his mom and Si Yi and also help Shu Hai in the process. He was fated to die from the start. There was no miracle revive. It also explains why the couple necklace disappeared from his hands when Si Yi and him was at the mountains, because the necklace was part of the "bounding object" that held onto his spirit.  (an evidence that he was not 100% human at that time, he still had spirit powers, which made the necklace gone.)

Just like what Xiao Long Nv said, he stayed on this world because he had unfinished wishes and the moment he bid goodbye to Si Yi (let her go and broke off their promise) and his mom, he had no more reasons to stay in this world. Plus, he had exhausted too much of his spirit during the period where he possessed his own body (just like he could only possess Shu Hai's body temporarily, he couldn't be inside forever)...

Even before Shu Hai went into coma, Hong Pei's spirit was already unstable (constantly going transparent or disappearing) because he used too much of his spirit power by turning into the devil (emotionally unstable) or by possessing Shu Hai's body. 

Which is why he suddenly fainted (aka died) after saying goodbye to Shu Hai, because he've finished his "unfinished wishes", plus his spirit has used up the remaining power at the end . so his spirit left his body and vanished.

The problem about this drama is they cut out too many details that it left viewers having to guess or to piece the puzzles together by very little details... It's frustrating tbh. I definitely would have drop this drama halfway if it weren't for Jasper or the bromance...

PS: Seeing that you guys were discussing about Jasper. I wanted to give my 2 cents about him as an actor and as a celeb. (I put it in spoilers below because it's a bit off-topic, haha)

I never find him a strong actor in the past (in fact, very green...) but he's always pleasant to me because of his cute and positive real life personality (one of the few tw-celeb without negative scandals/news) so I liked him off screen more than on-screen. I was more a fan of him as a celeb than an actor in the past...

His earlier works weren't that great (IUUI is meh, Amour et Patisserie had potential but he was green at that time). I think he slowly got recognized by the international fans through Pleasantly Surprised (it was cute until the whole kidnapping fiasco,). But I thought he only showed more of his potential as an actor this year through WISYA and this I am sorry I love you (despite the choppy editing, I'll say he performed well during the last few episodes of this drama, especially his crying scenes, showed improvement from his past works). I'll say 2015 was the year he matured as an actor, far from perfect but definitely showed potential that he could do more serious roles (not those sunny and bright characters he was typecasted to in earlier days)

Honestly, there are many actors/actresses that I like because of their characters/ drama works but my passion for them usually don't last that long when they don't have new works. I think my passion for him lasted for so long is because of his real life personality and he cemented my adoration more this year because of WISYA and this drama. I'm always bias towards people with clean and positive image (my other favorite is Yoo Jae Suk (Infinity Challenge and Running Man MC), haha... so different from Jasper but they're pretty similar in terms of positive and clean image. Jasper also took 9 CFs deals this year alone. He's pretty much one of the CF kings in Taiwan right now (because companies like his clean image). so yeah... real life personality and image matters a lot to me :P)

Edited by c_gunawan541
  • Like 2

Just finished watching this drama and may I say I enjoyed it very much.  Sure there were a lot of shortcomings (the editing was really very choppy) but it we just pick on all those shortcomings, we would miss out on the wonderful story.  Looks like you guys are divided on the ending.  I watch this on Viki since I do not speak Taiwanese and the comments seem divided also on the ending.  I did like the ending - I guess they wanted to spare the viewer of the gory details of how Hong Pei died and I still do not understand how an accident victim required a heart transplant.  Oh, but it's drama land and anything goes :)

Really liked all the actors especially SHu Hai.  Excellent acting as a geek.  The bromance was definitely the high point of the story.  Even the other geeks gave life and laughter to the story.  I felt sorry for Mystic Dragon not getting that girl in the middle of the story, although I really liked that episode. I also love the music.  Aaron Yan's Taipei Dreaming is one of my favorites now.

Glad to have found this drama and shared with all of you in this forum.