[Taiwanese Drama 2015] I Am Sorry, I Love You 我的鬼基友

sugarplum892

Nice concept! Jasper acting skills are def improving. Gotta say he is really handsome from a guy's pov. This is going to be a once a weekly affair?

Viki/Youku/Tudou/Line TV will air 3 episodes per week, every Mon, Wed, Fri, each episode will run for 30min, which means 90min per week.

(You can just install unblock youku browser extension on chrome to watch Youku/Tudou (chinese legal streaming site) videos). Line TV is only available in Taiwan, unless you have your own VPN that changes your IP to Taiwan address. As for Viki, it's restricted to regions: Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, India, New Zealand and Viki Quality contributors worldwide...)

It will then air on Saturday on STAR Chinese Channel 衛視中文台 in Taiwan, 1 episode per week which will run for 90mins (which is basically the combined version of the web episodes).

The concept is basically the same with 90min per episode per week of other airing tw-dramas....

Web version have 39ep, TV version have 13ep...

Thanks for the details. Guess I would have to stream the 90min episode than. Seriously, its kinda sucky that my country has no Taiwan channels.

Just watch it first hand on Youku/Tudou. Install "Unblock youku" extension on your browser (google it, it's pretty easy to install and use)

======

Anyways new stills from Weibo.

I can't.......... Too funny

Youku version 1 min of "Bromance" preview: (Install unblock youku extension on google chrome/ firefox browser to watch this)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMwNzY1NTM5Mg==.html?from=y1.6-97.3.1.105ad8523a7b11e5b432

9077b22dgw1euzs56ji79j20qo0dntcn.jpg

9077b22dgw1euzs57eb8nj20qo0dnjw6.jpg

9077b22dgw1euzs5ar6pxj20qo0dnwjm.jpg

9077b22dgw1euzs5cyymaj20qo0dnwjt.jpg

9077b22dgw1euzs5027jmj20of0dntc4.jpg

9077b22dgw1euzs50rdusj20qo0dntcj.jpg

9077b22dgw1euzs52pn0hj20qo0dnwjs.jpg

9077b22dgw1euzs53nsupj20qo0dnaf2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why but it came to Viki earlier by one day!! (It haven't arrived yet to Youku/ Line TV!!)

EP 1 is OUT! (I've translated most parts to English except for BGM and some lines that I couldn't hear clearly)

http://www.viki.com/videos/1077892v-i-am-sorry-i-love-you-episode-1

Ep1's music editing is a bit choppy as they go from upbeat songs to ballad the next second, the transition of the BGM is pretty strange but other than that, it was fun and enjoyable, albet a bit too short since they cut up TV version to 3 parts (each ep of the web ver runs for 30min, TV ver runs for 90min). Bryant Chang's nerdy character is so quirky and cute, he's funny! I'm also loving Jasper's wardrobe her and the CG effects are actually pretty decent.

Edit: Viki seems to have realized their mistake and took off ep1, wait for tomorrow and we'll probably get ep1!

Edited by c_gunawan541

It turns out that Viki have changed their release date to 8/29 to follow the TV schedule and each ep will run about 75min per episode (not including commercial breaks on TV) (actually lesser, since each web episode runs for 25~26min including opening and ending theme, each ep of TV version equals to 3 ep of web version). Anyways, first two web episodes are out on Youku/Tudou

You still can access these videos outside China by installing "Unblock Youku" google chrome extension and refresh the webpage.

Ep1 (Web ver)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMxNzExNDYzNg==.html?from=y1.6-97.3.1.105ad8523a7b11e5b432

Ep2 (Web ver)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMxODk4NTcyMA==.html?from=y1.3-tv-grid-1007-9910.86804.1-9

==============

I'm currently enjoying this drama a lot despite some bugs about the ghost, LOL (as in the ghost could sit on the bed and hold onto the railings in ep2 despite him not able to touch anything the previous ep, lol). But so far the cinematography is very lovely and I love Jasper's wardrobe and styling here. Since they filmed this in last year's October till this year's February, it was during the winter season in Taiwan so the characters are all styled in coats, blazers, sweaters and I had always prefer winter fashion than summer fashion since they seem more stylish for me :P

Bryant Chang's nerdy character is reallly, really eccentric and funny, his interactions with Jasper (the ghost) are a lot of fun to watch. 

Jasper look really, really handsome in this drama, I can't help but to screencap his scenes to capture the pretty :P

P3gSERe.jpg

1NAxpjo.jpg

QOKTOJ8.jpg

D2YI2UR.jpg

Rqm3zS1.jpg

og7gPW8.jpg

V9GsbTN.jpg

Edited by c_gunawan541

Web version's ep3 (equaivalent to the last part of ep1 of TV version) is soooooooo pretty. Can't help but to screencap Jasper's scenes... so much eye-candy.

They use 4k cinematic video camera to film this drama (which is usually used in movies and most kdramas), more expensive than those regular video cameras used in SETTV dramas.

Lovely cinematography and I love the interactions between Jasper and bryant, the flashback scenes between Jasper and Andrea are cute and sad at the same time (since it's all memories)...

A few thing that bugs me are the music editing, the first 2 web episode have a problem where the music cuts too fast, as in suddenly transitioning into a ballad song from an upbeat song (the transition is very choppy). Another thing is the "bugs" the ghost have. Sometimes, the ghost can touch things, sometimes he can't... I'll ignore the shadows since I know CG effects are expensive, lol... I'm just hoping that they'll be more consistent with the whole ghost "touching" situation. Other than that, I really, really love the cinematography!

(Trivia: the director of this drama is Taiwanese forensic crime procedural drama, Ihero(鑑識英雄)'s director. he's nominated as the best director for the Golden Bell Awards this year. Wishing him good luck!)

(Below are sample screencaps, all edited using instagram, I just adjusted the brightness and a little bit of saturation)

HUcjQZN.jpg

BCJdw4V.jpg

z0kRWKY.jpg

x6vNLRQ.jpg

Been lurking on Jasper Liu since Pleasantly Surprised with Puff Guo, will be waiting for this drama since it’s seems interesting.. hehe ;) However, not really pleased by seeing the bromance picture with another guys :D Poor Andrea @_@ Anyway, Liu Yi Hao and Morning Call jia you ^_~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been silently watching this drama, up till ep13 of the web episode (equivalent to the beginning of ep5 of the TV version, Viki is following the TV format). I find it pretty light and enjoyable despite some things that bugged me (as in the ghost able to touch things at times but can't touch things at times, there's inconsistency for this part).

Some of the emotional scenes didn't get to me as much as I wanted to because the editing is a bit too messy for my taste, it cuts to the next scene before I'm starting to feel emotions for the characters (especially the scene where Hong Pei meets his mom, the editing is so short! The scriptwriter also voiced out her complain on this scene by posting the original full script and it looks much more touching than what's shown on screen). However, I did like the scene where Hong Pei sees Si Yi in the restaurant but she's not able to see him, they're in different dimension and that was pretty emotional.

The thing I love the most so far is the bromance between Hong Pei and Shu Hai, Bryant Chang has been doing a great job in portraying the nerd, Shu Hai is so different from other characters he usually play. As for the romance part, I do feel sad for Hong Pei and Si Yi's past but I think Andrea Chen is pretty stiff when it comes to acting, it's hard for me to feel for her. I do like her dynamic with Shu Hai and I hope to see how their relationship develop in the future (even though it might make Hong Pei sad).

There's potential since it's still in the beginning phase of the story (TV version have 13ep in total, equals to 39ep of the web episode) but so far, I like it but I don't love it yet. I love the cinematography and the fashion style (since they filmed this during fall/winter season) but the editing and script need a lot of polishing. It didn't get to me as much as Jasper's other current airing drama, WISYA did emotionally even though this story is supposed to be more tragic. Some heavy emotional scenes fell flat for me because of the choppy editing and it's pretty annoying. I have no complains about the comedy scenes though, the dialogues are fun and witty and I love the BL (boy's love) undertones they have in some scenes, haha! The bromance between Hong Pei and Shu Hai is just so precious.

Edited by c_gunawan541
  • Like 1

I've been silently watching this drama, up till ep13 of the web episode (equivalent to the beginning of ep5 of the TV version, Viki is following the TV format). I find it pretty light and enjoyable despite some things that bugged me (as in the ghost able to touch things at times but can't touch things at times, there's inconsistency for this part).

Some of the emotional scenes didn't get to me as much as I wanted to because the editing is a bit too messy for my taste, it cuts to the next scene before I'm starting to feel emotions for the characters (especially the scene where Hong Pei meets his mom, the editing is so short! The scriptwriter also voiced out her complain on this scene by posting the original full script and it looks much more touching than what's shown on screen). However, I did like the scene where Hong Pei sees Si Yi in the restaurant but she's not able to see him, they're in different dimension and that was pretty emotional.

The thing I love the most so far is the bromance between Hong Pei and Shu Hai, Bryant Chang has been doing a great job in portraying the nerd, Shu Hai is so different from other characters he usually play. As for the romance part, I do feel sad for Hong Pei and Si Yi's past but I think Andrea Chen is pretty stiff when it comes to acting, it's hard for me to feel for her. I do like her dynamic with Shu Hai and I hope to see how their relationship develop in the future (even though it might make Hong Pei sad).

There's potential since it's still in the beginning phase of the story (TV version have 13ep in total, equals to 39ep of the web episode) but so far, I like it but I don't love it yet. I love the cinematography and the fashion style (since they filmed this during fall/winter season) but the editing and script need a lot of polishing. It didn't get to me as much as Jasper's other current airing drama, WISYA did emotionally even though this story is supposed to be more tragic. Some heavy emotional scenes fell flat for me because of the choppy editing and it's pretty annoying. I have no complains about the comedy scenes though, the dialogues are fun and witty and I love the BL (boy's love) undertones they have in some scenes, haha! The bromance between Hong Pei and Shu Hai is just so precious.

I will agree with you on the choppy editing since I did not get the full grasp on the supposedly sad scenes "insert here" by the director of this drama... 

Can you possibly link me the web episodes you are referring to? Lately I have been reading a lot instead of watching. Do you see some consistent scenes portrayed in the web version compared to the TV version? 

I think Andrea is developing as an actress.. but at the same time I actually wept a little for the main OTP in the past..so much sadness with the background music. Do you by chance also have links to the songs played in the drama? Preferably the sad flashbacks? I fall asleep easily to these songs. hehe