[Variety 2014] Three Meals A Day 삼시세끼 (tvN) | Season 2 Premier May 15, 2015

January 25, 2016

Cable networks top terrestrial in ad prices

SEOUL, Jan. 25 (Yonhap) -- Advertising on cable TV has become pricier than doing so on terrestrial networks for the first time, industry sources said Monday.

A 15-second spot during breaks for tvN reality shows "Three Meals a Day" and "Youth Over Flowers" now fetches 25 million won (US$21,000), according to sources in the advertising industry.

That's 65 percent more expensive than KBS 2TV's "All about My Mom," the priciest show on a terrestrial network.

"Reply 1988," a popular tvN soap opera that concluded on Jan. 16, charged 22.5 million won for a 15-second slot during breaks. The nostalgia-inducing series set in the 1980s broke the cable viewership record with 19.6 percent.

The latest tvN series "Cheese in the Trap" is also more expensive than comparable shows on SBS and MBC, according to the sources.

Advertising for the web cartoon-based soap opera goes for 15 million won, which is at least 1 million won more expensive than SBS' "Six Flying Dragons" and MBC's "My Daughter, Keum Sa-wol" and "Glamorous Temptation."

Popular variety shows on terrestrial networks like "Infinite Challenge" and "Running Man" also came up short at around 12 million won, which is less than half the advertising costs for "Three Meals a Day" and "Youth Over Flowers."

Even if advertisers buy a package plan worth 300 million won for "Three Meals a Day," their ads would be shown around once a month, one of the sources said.

A package plan offers discounts on popular programs if purchased with less popular ones.

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 25, 2016

15 second commercial spot on ‘Three Meals A Day’ worth W25m image
Three Meals a Day (tvN)

Cable channel tvN’s top two reality shows, “Three Meals a Day,” and “Youth Over Flowers,” now boast the most expensive 15-second commercial slot among Korean television programs. 

It surpassed the amount of commercial fees on major networks such as MBC, SBS and KBS. For now, the commercial spot for KBS’s hit drama, “All About My Mom” is the costliest among shows aired on the three terrestrial broadcasters -- with a price of around 15.3 million won. 

Reply 1988 (tvN)

TvN’s MVP of the year, “Reply 1988,” with a viewership of 19.6 percent for its final episode, had a price of 22.5 million won. The drama profited approximately 17 billion won just from the commercial fees.

Cable channel commercials in South Korea differ from commercials broadcast on mainstream television, since there are two or three 60 second commercial breaks in-between a show. 

Notable TV programs from MBC and SBS, such as “Infinite Challenge,” and “Running Man,” all fell below tvN’s dynamic duo, when judged solely on their fees for commercial spots.

“Commercial packaging,” is also prominent at all broadcasting companies. The system only allows companies to broadcast their commercials through purchasing spots on less popular programs in ties with the popular one. 

Youth Over Flowers (tvN)

The “Youth Over Flowers,” and “Three Meals A Day” package includes 200 million won worth of an item called “Position in Break (PIB),” which allows companies to place their commercials in the order they favor. 

An associate in the advertising industry revealed that most in-demand shows of the moment such as “Three Meals a Day” offers a package price of 300 million won that allows advertisers to broadcast their commercials once a month -- if they’re lucky. 

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com) 

I want to watch the complete subbed episodes of Three Meals a Day Season 1 & 2, but to little avail.

Watching the first couple of episodes from Season 1, I like the delicious meals being cooked and eaten when the cast members experience simple, pastoral life... free from the hustle and bustle of the city.

I will catch up on the available subbed episodes when I have the chance. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Ca64DEOUUAAfuOB.jpg

Sapphie finally lives in a better environment. He currently lives in animalkorea, an animal shelter, and just got neutered. Animalkorea is still trying to find Mingki too.

It breaks my heart seeing Sapphie being like that. When I watch 3 meals, I can only see cute and energetic Sapphie. 

@duldulok Thank you so much for the update! I am glad Sapphie has finally received the help and care that he needed. I am also pleased to hear that they are looking for Mingki too! Hope she is well taken care of and if not, Animalkorea can take her in too! Truly hope that Mingki, Sapphie and Eddie can have their family reunion some time!

It must break the heart of the 3MAD crew and cast to see that Sapphie has been neglected so badly... Eddie has been very lucky to have all the love and care from Taec and no doubt he will also be doted upon by other JYPE staff when he visits the office :)

• 2 weeks later...

Aww...Taecyeon sent a coffee truck to Lee Seojin and Kim Kwangkyu since his hyungs filming a new drama, MBC 'Marriage Contract'

Spoiler

CcMZPyhUsAAEOpC.jpg

CcMZQq_UcAEsvjw.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcMZRcAUUAAv_t7.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcMZSOaUcAEt4V-.jpg

cr: dorbrooks

Taec also came to Choi Jiwoo's new movie VIP premiere a few weeks ago because she invited him. Love Oksunbong family interactions and love the way they support each other. I hope there will be another season of 3 meals with Seojin, Taec and Kwangkyu or another Na PD variety show with those three oksunbong brothers will do :D

• 4 weeks later...

Taecyeon Reveals His Military Enlistment Plans With Allure

Taecyeon Reveals His Military Enlistment Plans With Allure

On March 25, the beauty and lifestyle magazine Allure Korea features Taecyeon of 2PM in their April issue. In the pictorial, Taecyeon shows off his mature and masculine image. Even though a gentle atmosphere that is depicted in the photos, Taecyeon’s wild and charismatic sexy appeal could not be hidden.

Spoiler

taecyeon1

As of this April, Taecyeon will be celebrating his 10-year anniversary with 2PM. He opens up honestly about his feelings toward his work as a singer, actor, and entertainer. Taecyeon expresses his love and trust for the 2PM members saying, “Had I been a solo artist or an actor working alone, my personality would be a lot different from what it is now. The reason I enjoyed my work so much is because of the members who started out with me.”

Spoiler

taecyeon2

Speaking about his appearances in dramas and variety programs, he comments with laughter, “Thanks to the program ‘Three Meals a Day,’ even kindergarteners recognize me. The kids may not know who 2PM is, but they know who ‘Ok Bing Goo’ is.”

Taecyeon grew up in United States and he will be enlisting in the Korean military next year. He plans to continue working actively this year before he enlists in the army. About his enlistment, he adds, “It’s my duty as a citizen. I’ll work hard this year to create more memories before I start my military duty.” 2PM will be going on a tour in Japan in April. View more of Taecyeon’s pictorial and interview in the April issue of Allure Korea.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/24/taecyeon-reveals-his-military-enlistment-plans-with-allure/

ALLURE APRIL ‘16. TAECYEON INTERVIEW

28, TAECYEON

-          Last year, you played all over the variety and drama land with The Three Meals and Assembly. Yesterday and today, the no. 1 search keyword was “filibuster,” and I didn’t even need to search for it because I knew the meaning very well because I watched Assembly real time last year.
Haha, me too. When I came back from Japan, I check it out wondering what was going on. Subsequently, Assembly also rose to top search keywords. I was lucky to participate in Assembly. I didn’t have plans for drama at the time. I only had some free time from June to August because we had a long tour abroad, but I was able to do it because it was exactly the time when the drama filming began. I filmed both Assembly and The Three Meals simultaneously, but only this year did I begin to think that I did a good job working on both.

-          Was there a reason you thought so?
The children who were born when I got the “Rip Taecyeon” nickname during the Heartbeat activities are going to the 1st grade this year. So really they might not know me. At the end of last year we did some volunteering with the members. When went to a kindergarten and said “Hey guys, we’re singers~,” the children didn’t know 2PM, but they knew The Three Meals.

-          Haha. How do they remember you? As a person who fed Jackson?
Yes. I think so.  They also know the Ok Idiot. No matter how you look at it, even though I was really busy for one year, I like it that there are people who recognize my new image.

-          How was it living in Jeongseon?
I really liked it. It was more like camping rather than filming? The hyungs were great, and the filming crew was also amazing, so it really felt just like having fun.

-          What did you like the most from the dishes you made in The Three Meals?
The thing I did the best was the grilled back ribs. The worst thing was the seaweed soup, but there was this one time when I failed really bad. It was completely edited out, and then they showed it once. When I asked my mom for advice, she said I should just add salt, add this and that, and just do it like this. But since I didn’t have any cooking experience, as I did everything anyhow, I failed quite a lot.

-          People say it was the “healing variety,” do you agree with it?
I don’t know what kind of healing it was seeing me mess things up, but if they say it was a healing, then it’s great!

-          Have you ever asked Na PD to take you to the Flowers series? You like travelling to the point you have gone on a backpack trip on your own.
We talked about the Flowers series once, but it didn’t fit with the schedule. Seojin hyung kept on pushing me forward. He would say “He’s good at English, he works well and drinks well. You have to take him,” but I already had a tour scheduled. I got cast in The Three Meals thanks to Seojin hyung, too. He said that he talked about me when the two met for a drink. Later, Na PD told me he looked me up because he was amazed that the first person Seojin hyung has ever praised was I, as he’s not the type to praise people in the first place.

full interview

Spoiler

A member of 2PM, actor and a variety star. After 10 years since his début, Taecyeon’s world has expanded this much, and it’s always exciting. On one spring day, we faced his world for a while.

When I was asked when the shooting would start, I carelessly said “At 2PM.” How many times would have Taecyeon heard this nonsensical jokes since his début with 2PM? To be honest, time isn’t that important. But as Taecyeon is busy as an actor and a variety star, when you search for his beginnings, 2PM is always there. The 28-year-old Taecyeon is expected to enlist in the military service next year; it’s been almost 10 years since his début, and most of the questions I had were related to 2PM. “I think that I have changed a lot, but those who have worked with me since the beginning say I haven’t. But I really think I did change a lot,” this is how Taecyeon answered when I asked what has changed since he was 20 years old. We can’t know what’s changed, but it’s clear that Taecyeon has always made us laugh.

-          I heard that yesterday you came back from Japan late, but you don’t look tired at all.
The plane got delayed a little bit yesterday, so I came back late. I’m not tired, I’m fine!

-          You’re quite busy in Japan; you must know most of the famous restaurants by now.
When I go to Japan, I simply must eat Japanese ramen. Lately I’ve been losing weight so I haven’t eaten much, but there’s a really good place right in front of the hotel. However, the owner is good friends with our fans, so he often tips them off.

-          About what kind of ramen you ate?
About anything I said. So lately I’ve been eating in silence.

-          You’re turning 28. You could probably say that you’ve spent your 20s as 2PM’s Taecyeon, right?
Indeed. The 20s is almost gone, and this April, it’s going to be 10 years since I’ve entered JYPE, so it somehow feels more meaningful.

-          How does it feel to have spent your 20s as an idol?
Hmm. It was quite fun.

-          Would you recommend it for anyone else?
Nope. I don’t want to recommend it. My friends who are not celebrities really seem to be leading completely different lives. Some work at major conglomerates, and when we try to talk, it’s a very different world. The entertainment world, how should I put, constantly lives with young attitude? I can’t judge because I haven’t experienced both, but in the end, spending my 20s as an idol has been really fun and interesting

Spoiler

-          One of the reasons that make people jealous of the idols is the fact you have the members to spend that time together with. How does it feel to have shared everything with your members since before the debut up until now?
They are really the source of strength. At first you might be jealous and envious of them, thinking “I want to be better than him,” but when you’re together for 10 years, you really become a family. If I had gone through a singer or actor career on my own, my character would have been really different by now. The reason I continue to enjoy my work is because the friends with whom I’ve begun it are still with me.

-          How do the members sustain the team work?
All the members are kind. There’s no one who wouldn’t want to work together. I think that’s the most important thing. And so it endures. We also went through painful incidents, so it helped us firmly stick together.

-          If the opinions within the group differ, how do you solve it?
I’m fast at solving it. I do it without any delay. Let’s do it like this, let’s do it like that. That’s it! I’m that kind of a person. We’ve always had a lot of meetings and discussions. “I think like this. What do you think? Last time when you did that, I was a little bit hurt.” I do it like this. After a lot of sufficient talk, we end it when everyone reaches an agreement.

-          You no longer live with the members, right?
When we dispersed into all directions after having lived in the dorm, I decided to live together with my parents who came to Korea.

-          Don’t you want to be independent like the rest of the members?
At first, I was jealous of the members who lived on their own because that looked so free. It was okay even if they came back home late, but it’s the same even if I live with my parents. That’s because I have my own space even if I live with them. In fact, living with parents has more advantages.

Spoiler

-          The members have been involved in writing lyrics and composing since your 3rdalbum; out of all the songs you’ve made, what is your favorite one?
Ha, every single one is precious! Hmm… Rather than being my favorite, the most meaningful one is the song that is included in the Marriage Blue OST. As I participated in the movie, I wrote two songs. I sang one of them, and the other one was sung by all the nine actors together. It felt new to compose and a record a song with other people than our members.

-          Even if you’re not a definite boyband or girl group fan, you automatically focus on groups that display good performance. At first, 2PM’s individual color was also the extraordinary performance. Which performance do you feel attached to?
Every single one is good and has individual meaning, but I think I’m attached to 10 Points Out of 10 the most. I think that the tumbling and spinning choreography has created our main identity.

-          You could feel the energy of a youth who has just emerged from his boyhood!
I think it was more than just dance. Heartbeat and Again & Again were good too, but I think I have the biggest affinity to that song. I learned acrobatics for around a year while preparing for it and it was really scary. When you train, you fall flat on your face, and hit your head on the ground. I tumble in concerts these days too, but it doesn’t come out as well as before. The shot of me falling down got included in the latest DVD, too…

-          Did you like the name “2PM” when you first heard it?
At first, 2PM and 2AM was one group called “One Day.” Meaning, you could listen to good music the entire day. We also practiced together as a project group in our trainee days, but one day they say “we gotta divide you. Do 2PM and 2AM.” That’s how it happened. And so we wondered. “Why did they come up with such a name?”

-          No matter how unfamiliar the name is, eventually everyone accepts it.
I think so. There’s something I remember. When 2PM first made its début, we were walking around newspaper offices doing interviews. One day, we met a person in an elevator of one newspaper office. The person asked what the name of our group was. We said “we are 2PM.” The person asked about the meaning of the name, and when we said “it means 2 o’clock in the afternoon,” the person commented: “It’s the time when you feel drowsy after eating lunch, and from spring fever.” We thought it was the time when you were the most active… We were shocked.

-          Have you had the image of a healthy tough guy since then?
Nope. We didn’t have things to be in charge of. On the contrary, I think Jinyoung hyung pointed out that we shouldn’t focus on such a fabricated concept. Our individual images evolved naturally through our activities; we didn’t have anything prescribed in advance

Spoiler

-          You have an upright and healthy image. Is that an inborn energy? Or do you try to display a good image?
It’s something like this. Let’s not make themcurse my parents. When I work on TV, a lot of people see me. For example, if someone meets my parents without knowing they are the parents of 2PM’s Taecyeon, I think it would be great if they didn’t say things like “That Ok Taecyeon is really no good.”

-          What is your weak point?
Sleep. In the past, it was really hard for me if I couldn’t get some sleep. I would get really touchy. At first, I couldn’t get used to staying up all night during promotional periods. No matter how many nights you spend studying for school, you doze off in class, right? I think now I’ve somewhat accepted that it’s the nature of this job.

-          I’ve heard you’re famous for checking the fans’ reaction via SNS?
Yes, that’s right. I didn’t do it today because I was busy preparing for the photo shoot. It’s true that I check it almost every day as part of my routine. But I just give myself away quite often because it’s not just me; the other members also do it quite a lot. Junho, Chansung, and also Minjun. Everyone’s looking except for Khun and Wooyoung. Khun and Wooyoung really don’t do it. I think it’s their character.

-          What do you think when you see fans’ reactions?
Usually, if it’s not about some special broadcast appearance or pictorial shooting, the talk about me comes up because they are fans. How the fans think, what they want of me, I focus on these things and I try to reflect accordingly.

-          Every single member is in the middle of various activities, but wouldn’t the fans be waiting for 2PM activities?
First, we’re having a tour in Japan since April this year. After that, we might have an album coming. Originally, we were planning to have activities in January-February. Last year, in another interview, Junho said “We will be coming in January or February,” so the fans kept on waiting, but nothing happened. We have to be back. It’s good to make a comeback. I hope it happens!

-          Drama filming, variety filming, stage. Where do you enjoy the most?
Rather than which place is better, it’s more like when I do this, I suddenly want to do that, this kind of feeling. When you do one thing, you want to do something else. Because I like everything.

-          Then what about the pictorial photo shoot?
I also like photo shoots. Even when I enjoy taking pictures, I get the feeling that I’d like to do some dancing right now.

-          When you appear on the shooting site, why do people keep on telling you to undo a few more buttons?
Why would they be doing that? These days my body and mind isn’t the same anymore. Haha. I just think that it’s good to do various things like that.

-          Would you like to achieve something else as 2PM in the future?
Yesterday we shot a pictorial with a Japanese comedian in Japan, and that person said he’s been working for 46 years now. I think we don’t have any objective we would want to achieve at the moment. I think that the communication between the members is far more important to keep us going far longer than that. “Let’s aim for a long-run,” it’s like this.

-          I can’t skip the question about the army. Weren’t you an overseas Korean from Boston? I heard you’re planning your enlistment.
I had the permanent residency that eventually would have led to my becoming an American citizen, but I said I would just go. Right now there’s this thought, wondering why I did say I would go, wouldn’t I regret it, but as a citizen I have to carry out the military duty. When they asked me, “You have permanent residency, so you won’t be enlisting, right,” I said “I will,” determined to really do it. However, now, when there’s not much time left, a sigh does escape my chest.  Actually, a lot of hyungs around me told me: “Why did you say that…?”

-          Haha. Are you planning to enlist next year? You probably feel like each day is special.
Indeed.  I have to work hard this year and make the memories strong.

-          Can we upload the photos from today to Allure’s Instagram account? You’re still using Twitter only?
I don’t use anything else but Twitter. The other accounts are fake. How should I put it, it feels like everyone’s doing Facebook, and I’m the only one on Cyworld.

-          Won’t you make an Instagram account?
I’m enlisting in a year, so

Scans: Okniverse

Interview provision: Baque

Kor-Eng: Egle0702

@stewiefg Hahaha Eddie....  :lol: 

Spoiler

Eddie pooped twice and Taec might have no idea about it at that time when he was filming :D poor bumsoo ...he needed to get his carpet cleaned after that hehehe

Eddie's only 8 months, but he's already this big!! Taec feeds him well and is doing a good job raising him :) 

Cei44i_WEAAlEma.jpg

Spoiler

Cei6W_BXEAQA8Mq.jpg

881626131609_99_20160327181004.jpg?type=

cr:

okniverse and MBN

1 hour ago, duldulok said:

@stewiefg Hahaha Eddie....  :lol: 

Eddie kept doing his business on LBS's rug.... maybe he thinks the rug is like a patch of grass? Lol!! Yes, agree with you that Taec has taken very good care of Eddie, so well-groomed and well-behaved (ok, if we overlook the rug incidents...Haha!!).

Eddie was so cute when he tilted his head as LBS tried to get him to go to the kitchen, since his son was in the living room and afraid of being alone with Eddie (who just wanted to befriend him... Adorable!) Taec was so lovely and came back with presents for the kids and played with them.

Any news (from anyone??) if they will ever make TMAD Season 3? LSJ, KKK and Taec are all really busy at present and so is Na PD. :( If not this year, what about next year? Pretty please!!!

So nice to see Eddie-yah so healthy! I've been watching Seojinnie's new drama and I laugh at the slight reference to TMAD specially when he cooked for Uee and to not scoff at his skills since he said he used to do this "Samsi Sekki". Loving his interaction with Kwangkyu hyung as well, like they never left Jeongseon, but they got a majour kitchen upgrade.

21 hours ago, stewiefg said:

Any news (from anyone??) if they will ever make TMAD Season 3? LSJ, KKK and Taec are all really busy at present and so is Na PD. :( If not this year, what about next year? Pretty please!!!

No... I'd go here immediately if there was news about it. Would share the news and my excitement LOL I'm afraid Taec couldn't do it next year because he's planning to enlist in the army early next year :( I do hope they'll make 3 meals season 3 with Seojin, Taec, and Kwangkyu before Taec enlisting.... or Na PD could make a new variety show with 3 Oksunbong brothers. miss them so much :cry: 

20 hours ago, calypso73 said:

So nice to see Eddie-yah so healthy! I've been watching Seojinnie's new drama and I laugh at the slight reference to TMAD specially when he cooked for Uee and to not scoff at his skills since he said he used to do this "Samsi Sekki". Loving his interaction with Kwangkyu hyung as well, like they never left Jeongseon, but they got a majour kitchen upgrade.

This? :D  I haven't watched the drama, but saw this pic on twitter yesterday :lol:

CepPpZwUsAERT6d.jpg

cr: gladyzkhun

Archived