[Variety 2014] Three Meals A Day 삼시세끼 (tvN) | Season 2 Premier May 15, 2015

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew that a reversal was bound to happen when our Manjae family was brought to a farming village. I can't wait to see Mr. Grumpy pants personified LSJ [+ Eric] in an island, fishing for food. Oh boy, that sure sounds like a recipe for disaster [at least for the cast] and plenty of laughs for us. 

P.S. I feel bad for the new maknae for some reason, hahaha... :lol:

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/09/eric-yoon-kyun-sang-and-lee-seo-jin-for.html

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/16/watch-park-shin-hye-lee-sung-kyung-tag-team-tease-yoon-kyun-sang/

From the fans' comments - Eric is good at fishing and cooking... so they won't starve? Lol!! Yes, interesting mix!

@pink_dolphins Taec is going to serve in the army... Duldulok shared this information with us a few months back.

Na PD is so clever to plot this reversal!! Have to give it to him!! :D

Shinwa fan here. I like the 3Mad farm version, not a fan of LSJ but I still followed all the episodes. He is a good person who takes time to warm up to people. Eric is really quiet when he is not with his members. He also takes time to warm up to people. But he seems to warm up easily to animals and kids. That and his sometimes 4Dness that will eventually come out I wonder how the 2 of them will blend? Doing a drama and a variety like 3Mad is different.

Looking forward to this. Really excited. I hope english subs will come out fast too:D

Lee Seo-jin comes back to Three Meals a Day with two new helpers

by tineybeanie | September 17, 2016 | 43 Comments

TDFV.jpg

Kyaaaah! Season three of cooking variety program Three Meals a Day: Fishing Villageis starting next month, and PD Na Young-seok has revealed the three main castaway-mates. Grumpy Uncle Seo-jinnie (aka Lee Seo-jin of Marriage Contract), who was a part of the original Three Meals a Day, is coming back. However, instead of being stuck in an isolated farming village, this time he’ll be heading out to an uninhabited island. He even got a boat-driving license to prepare, albeit most grudgingly. Joining him will be fellow actors Eric Mun (Oh Hae-young Again) and Yoon Kyun-sang (Doctors). Double heck yeah!

All three actors have been having a very successful year so far with their respective dramas, and it looks like they’ll end it on a high-larious note with Three Meals a Day. Coming off of hit cable rom-com Oh Hae-young Again, Eric is riding a huge wave of popularity as an actor. Usually when he is on a variety program, it’s because he is promoting with his Shinhwa idol groupmates for an album. So it’ll be interesting to see Eric adapt to variety as an individual. But apparently, one of his hobbies is fishing, so maybe he’ll turn into a Yoo Hae-jin 2.0 who can actually provide dinner. Eric and Lee Seo-jin have worked together before, in a drama a twelve years ago called Phoenix where they were love rivals.

Relative newcomer Yoon Kyun-sang has not been in variety shows before or worked together with either of his castmates. However, if he is anything like his character in his most recent drama, Doctors, I predict funny relationship hijinks in Three Meals a Day, because his unwilling bromance with Kim Rae-won was absolutely priceless.

In a teaser promo clip for the upcoming show, the PDs tell Lee Seo-jin that it was very difficult to find potential castmates who thought of him in a positive light. Seo-jin laughs but doesn’t seem surprised by that, and thankfully he seems extremely satisfied with his new crew as they get together for the first time at a meet-and-greet dinner. We’ll see if that holds up for the rest of the season. After having the earnest but clueless Taecyeon as a helper, who knows how Yoon Kyun-sang or Eric will compare, and how they’ll deal with grumpy Seo-jinnie.

Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village Season 3 will air starting October 14 on tvN.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/lee-seo-jin-comes-back-to-three-meals-a-day-with-two-new-helpers/

I have been out of this soompi for like three years.. been busy with reality.. but this news, of Eric cast with Lee SeoJin in Three Meals, just pulled me back to the world of soompi forums all over again... sadly I forgot my PW cause I have not been here for years. same with the email,. PW is lost in the sea of memories .. been trying since Friday to get in but finally I gave up cause I just cant seem to remember.... So I made this new one, So I am a newbie again.. hehehe

still been following all my biases here and there... and of course all Na PD shows.. especially this one and grandpas..

so watching eric in the preview just shoot me up over the moon.. and stars.. reunion of SeoJin and Eric after 12 years.. just daebak...
just awesome....

anyway annyeong to all, I am a newbie again... but I so wanna spazz so much about this news...
also wanna share this: 
credit KoalaTeam @ YT

Guest pink_dolphins

@stewiefg Thanks for replying and easing my mind but with a broken heart... my Taec is leaving me for the army.... :bawling::heartbreak:

...... and Kim Kwang-kyu is out too.... his back must be killing him still. I will still give s.3 a chance and maybe i will grow to love the new members. -i hope they have chemistry and their interaction is interesting.

......... wait. Taec's fans were subbing the past seasons. I wonder if somebody will sub season 3?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Korean cooking shows have overtaken Korean TV

Korean dramas are not the only thing capturing viewers' attention - Korean cooking shows are topping the charts too

On stage at food festival Taste Busan in South Korea, facing a crowd of more than 100 adoring fans, Choi Hyun Seok sings a song and plays the guitar.

Later, he signs autographs and has his picture taken with fans who have formed a snaking queue in front of a food stall in order to meet their idol.

Occasionally, the photogenic star fiddles with his floppy fringe, making sure he looks photo-ready.

Choi may be mistaken for a K-pop star, but he is actually a TV chef with a huge following, and one of the most recognisable faces in the cooking show boom that has overtaken South Korea in the past two years.

Korean TV is obsessed with food at the moment and loyal female viewers with the shows' famous chef-hosts.

Dominating the airwaves in South Korea and regionally are shows with an ingenious combination of foodie culture and celebrity challenges.

Top-rated programmes include Please Take Care Of My Refrigerator, a weekly programme where chefs are tasked to rustle up a meal using ingredients from celebrities' fridges - a winning formula that combines idol voyeurism and mouthwatering recipes.

Idols whose fridges have been raided include rapper G-Dragon, rookie girl group Twice and actor Lee Jae Hoon.

Then there are the shows that appeal to viewers because they get to see celebrities doing something "normal" - such as whipping up a meal.

In Three Meals A Day, K-pop idol Ok Taecyeon and actor Lee Seo Jin are sent to a village to cook, well, three meals a day.

Home Food Rescue features another celebrity chef, Paik Jong Won, teaching four clueless celebrities - comedian Jang Dong Min, singer Jung Joon Young and actors Kim Guk Jin and Lee Jong Hyuk - how to cook in the second season.

Paik also has his own programme, Go Go With Mr Paik, where he whips up local delicacies while travelling through South-east Asia.

The popularity of such cooking shows has spread beyond Korean shores.

In Singapore, Korean cable channel tvN Asia reports that cooking travelogue Go Go With Mr Paik and cooking contest Masterchef Korea 4 earned the highest ratings out of 45 programmes aired here in the third quarter of this year.

Last year, Sony's Korean entertainment channel One expanded its offerings beyond K-drama and K-pop programmes to include K-cooking shows.

It added famed chef Paik's cook-off show Nation's Big Three last year, and recently premiered Chinese cuisine show The Great Chinese Food Battle last month.

Streaming service Viu's Korean catalogue includes cooking reality show Three Meals A Day and My Little Television, which features a cooking lesson segment that launched the TV career of chef Paik.

The proliferation of K-cooking shows are a natural continuation of the Korean wave, which has largely been driven by K-dramas and K-pop, says Ms Virginia Lim, senior vice-president and head of content, production and marketing, and networks for Asia at Sony Pictures Television.

She adds: "The love of Korean food, culture and lifestyle has spread through the popularity of South Korean dramas and entertainment shows."

Singaporean viewer Candy Tan, 25, agrees.

"I wouldn't have known about K-cooking shows if I didn't watch Korean variety shows," the advertising account executive says.

She watched Three Meals A Day because it was produced by Na Young Seok, who is the same person behind variety shows such as the popular celebrity travelogue programmes Grandpa Over Flowers and Youth Over Flowers.

For another viewer, hotel sales director Cynthia Koh, 49, watching actors eat Korean dishes in K-dramas got her into K-cooking shows.

"Every Korean drama will feature food - be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. The food looks really appetising. Watching the actors eat it, I felt that I could actually taste it."

She would satisfy her cravings by going to the Korean restaurant near her workplace for lunch.

But now she also turns to cooking shows such as Home Food Rescue.

She says: "In Home Food Rescue, the cooking methods are explained simply and clearly by chef Paik, who injects plenty of humour along the way.

"Watching celebrities learn how to cook is hilarious and relatable."

"Relatable" is the key word differentiating the new generation of cooking shows from their predecessors.

In the past, such programmes typically had viewers in awe of the professionals' fancy cooking techniques, says Korean cable channel tvN producer Paek Seung Lyong.

Now, the emphasis is on recipes that are simple and easy-to-follow.

Citing the amiable cooking guru Paik, he says: "Chef Paik gives confidence to beginners to try out his simple cooking methods.

"People posted their homemade dishes on social media and the recipes got popular."

In fact, Ms Tan was inspired to make kimchi and tuna stew after watching actors prepare the dish on Three Meals A Day in a fishing village.

She says: "I usually don't eat tuna because of its fishy smell, but I saw an episode where the stew made by the cast looked so good, I went and tried it out myself.

"Surprisingly, the flavours of tuna and kimchi go well together."

Perhaps the appeal of K-cooking shows simply lies in the universal language of food.

Korean chef Lee Yeon Bok, 57, who makes regular TV appearances in South Korea, says: "Though not everyone cooks, everyone shares a love of eating.

"The appeal of a cooking show lies in watching all the ingredients coming together to form a beautiful plate of food. It's irresistible."

st_20161105_cook_2717985.jpg

Each season, a celebrity cast is sent packing to either a rural village or a remote island, where he has to cook three meals a day from scratch.

The city slickers have to get used to a more primitive way of life, which in volves chopping firewood, cooking over a wood fire, harvesting crops or fishing.

The first season in 2014, starring the grumpy actor Lee Seo Jin and the ever-optimistic K-pop hunk Taecyeon (above), was a huge hit.

Since then, various other line-ups have been featured. The show is now in its sixth season, featuring Lee, actor Yoon Kyun Sang and Eric Mun of boyband Shinhwa.

read full article: http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/paik-jong-won-food-shows-to-savour-korean-chefs-firing-up-entertainment

Archived