[Drama 2014-2015] Pinocchio, 피노키오

Go Seung Ji

class="titles2" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 24px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(124, 124, 124); font-family: Verdana;"Pinocchio – Drama Review

photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc1_zpsa31f14de.jpg
Choi Dal Po / Ki Ha Myung (Lee Jong Suk), Choi In Ha (Park Shin Hye), Seo Beom Jo (Kim Young Kwang), Yoon Yoo Rae (Lee Yoo Bi) become rookie reporters due to different reasons.

photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc4_zps956b0fbe.jpg photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc4-1_zpsa7c646b9.jpg

Choi Dal Po’s life was turned upside down after a reporter destroyed his family by distorting the truth, hence he aspires to be a reporter who chases the facts not speculations & to report only the truth. He also wants to clear up the unjust treatment his late father received. He almost quit after finding out how scary the reporters world is, only to be waken up by his “father”‘s word of wisdom: “It’s a problem if you take up the challenge without knowing to be fearful of it but you’ll be fine as long as you know to be fearful of it beforehand.”

photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc3-2_zps4411b4cb.jpg photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc3-1_zps623eb7f6.jpg

Choi In Ha suffers from Pinocchio syndrome making her hiccuping everytime she tells a lie, hence it’s almost impossible for her to become a reporter because according to her mother Song Cha Ok (Jin Kyung) reporters must lie to bring out the truth. On the other hand, she believes the news reported by her will be more credible simply because she cannot lie.

Her initial reason why she chooses to be a reporter is because of her mother, ace reporter Song Cha Ok (Jin Kyung). But she realizes Choi Da Po is the real reason. When she was able to change her teachers and her classmates’ opinions about Choi Dal Po after he went to the quiz show few years ago, she felt a sense of achievement. She wants to convey the truth, clear up people’s speculations. That’s the reason why she will never give up her dream as a reporter. Later on, she discovers what kind of reporter her mother is. Disappointed, yet she chooses to stick with her own idealism to find the evidence and to report the truth although she’s pressured she’d lost her job. And to prove to the world that people with Pinocchio syndrome can be an ace reporter.

photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc6_zps01341ebe.jpg photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc6-1_zps7704c7a0.jpg

Yoon Yoo Rae is the least developed character which is a shame because with her “sasaeng” experience, she could contribute a lot instead of just using her “stethoscope” outside the door to hear the breaking news or begging the police to give some hints or tidbits.

photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc7-1_zpsf9c02fe0.jpg photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc7-2_zpsb5d4acf5.jpg

Beom Jo’s story with his mom is one of the highlight of this drama. He’s conflicted to protect his mother who’s given him everything he needed yet as a reporter he’s devastated to find out his mom hid the truth. He has a secret crush with Choi In Ha after he kept Cha Ok’s mobile phone for years and replied to In Ha’s messages. Love triangle is not needed in this drama, glad the writer chose not to develop his secret crush.

photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc2_zps9d033aa1.jpg

Nowadays many reporters are pressured by powerful people (upper management, stockholder, etc), their own ambition for a promotion and (the sad truth) of staying in the job for the sake of their family. They forget the idealism behind the journalism world: to report the truth. Reporters’ fierce competition to bring the latest news to the viewers making them relentlessly interviewing the victim’s family disregarding their feeling & devastation, pointing fingers & turning the innocent to evil. It’s mindblowing how they add realism to make the viewers sympathize with the whole situation albeit how devastating it is. The key to be an ace reporter: emotionless and don’t get yourself affected by the situation. Think fast. When the reporters believe that fact is no longer important, but the impact is… Pointing fingers to an innocent man to “please” victim families are easier than checking the facts. There’s something reallywrong in the journalism world. No longer they check for the facts before releasing the news, but they care more about the viewers’ reactions (and ratings).

This drama paints this ugly truth realistically. How the senior reporters clash when four people who’re chasing their dreams as rookie reporters enter the broadcasting stations. Their energy are boundless, they make mistakes but their souls are pure, unaffected with the dirt in the journalism world. Once they learn the sad truth, they choose to stick with their own principles to chase the facts, report the truth. Protect the innocent, expose the evil one although they’re threatened to get fired. It makes us wondering how distorted the journalism world is. Were the news we heard so far is the truth? Or is only a portion of the truth?

photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc9-1_zps7a667243.jpg photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc9-2_zpsdddf8f5a.jpg photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc9-3_zps9c260c24.jpg

Family takes a central theme in this drama. Acceptance, love, reunion, forgiveness, resolution between brothers, uncle-niece, mother-son, mother-daughter, dad-daughter, dad-son.

photo SBSPinocchio_Review_bc5-1_zps69ee518a.jpg

It’s heartbreaking when Choi Dal Po’s older brother Ki Jae Myung (Yoon Gyun Sang) found out that his younger brother whom he believed dead is still alive. Both of them blame themselves, though it’s not their fault. Their reunion was short but very impactful. His brother taught him how to be a real reporter, reporting the truth although he’d put his brother whom he hasn’t seen for years, in jail. Ki brothers story is one of the highlight of Pinocchio.

photo SBSPinocchio_bc7_zpsc6c07f44.jpg

Choi Dal Po who hides his feeling to his “niece” whom they grew up together but as time goes by, can no longer do it. Same with Choi In Ha who obviously can’t lie that she likes him. But they can’t… Because they’re family.

Beom Jo who’s so devastated knowing what his mom did so he chose to leave his job to gather the evidence. Choi In Ha who’s so disappointed after finding out her mom’s dirty works and confronted her in public. Choi In Ha’s dad who chose to tell the truth yet suffered afterwards but live so simple yet happy. How he doesn’t want hisdaughter to get hurt is so beautiful to see. Lastly, grandpa who adopted Ki Ha Myung. His sacrifice to raise him up knowing he’s not his own son, but lying to everyone until he’s ready to be told the truth. who finally let him go so he can marry his soulmate, Choi In Ha. Beautiful!

Pinocchio is a gem drama about the reporters’ world, power of family and young people’s dreams in chasing the truth. The writing is solid in the first half, faltered a bit in the middle then reached the climax in the end. Writer Park Hye Ryun bravely shows the realistic and ugly sides of journalism. How their words can turn people into hero or destroy innocent people’s life. Great acting across the board, especially Lee Jong SukPark Shin HyeJin Kyung and scene stealer Yoon Gyun Sang. The chemistry between Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye is fantastic & cute (can’t wait to see their Millet CF).

Thank you Pinocchio for the wonderful 4 months. It’s been an awesome ride!

photo SBSPinocchio-review_bc2_zpsb7a49a53.jpg

Cr:http://beatuscorner.com/pinocchio-drama-review/

Pinocchio 20: Happily Ever After

a5.pngDal Po and In Ha
Dongsaeng- I don't even know where to start with these two. They are so stinking cute together. Their chemistry is off the charts. They are just sweet together. Totally natural. And this is Park Shin Hye we are talking about. Park. Shin. Hye. I didn't think that I would ever in a million years see this day come, but by golly, come it did. I rarely want to see a drama couple date in real life, but I really think that there could be something to this whole PSH/LJS business. She came alive. He looked happy. It just thrills me to no end that they pulled it off. In Ha has become one of my favorite Kdrama heroines just for her sheer pluck and inability to play games. With her, what you see is what you get and that full and total honesty was incredibly refreshing. I found that their relationship was very balanced and healthy and just plain enjoyable to watch. 

Kmuse- An adorably perfect OTP (One True Pairing) from beginning to end.  After recapping dramas for over a year, you don't know how rare that is.  It is the kdrama's equivalent to the white whale.  I love their maturity, their ability to think of others without becoming noble idiots, and their ability to grow and become more as a couple and as individuals.  Nothing proved this more than their decision to not lie to their grandfather about their relationship, instead to meet this trial head on.  They did not ditch their families in some epic sign of selfish love, but instead decided to take the time to prove the strength of their relationship by being honest and communicating.  And in the end they were rewarded, as were we with one last time jump and beautiful style change (How does Lee Jong Suk keep looking better and better with each style?).  The below photos show it all and practically scream happily ever after.

th.jpga3.pnga4.pnga5.png
My Thoughts:
Kmuse- I loved that the writers kept their focus on their three main themes......family, justice, and ethical reporting.....through the whole drama.  There was no waffling or sidetracks to story lines that the netizens might have wanted (i.e. Hottie Hyung).  They obviously had a story to tell, had a plan, and executed it perfectly.  The casting was also spot on and Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye will go into my favorite OTPs of all time list.  Do I know if they can make the same magic with someone else?  Maybe not, although I am now hopeful that I can like PSH.  But regardless of their future success, for these twenty hours they were able to have me glued to my tv screen and believe that there is such a thing as true love and justice.
a17.pngDongsaeng- You can't see me, but I am clapping while I think of my overall response to this drama. It was very well done and fun to watch from beginning to end. At no point did I feel like throwing my ipad across the room while watching it. That's saying a lot. The flow was spot on. The entire cast was dynamic and engaging. The main characters were intriguing. Very few loose ends were left flapping around in the breeze of a departing drama. All in all, very well done and I am grateful I had the opportunity not only to watch, but to share in it with all of you. How's that for cheesetasticness? ;) Read the complete review here: http://thecrazyahjummas.blogspot.in/2015/01/pinocchio-20-happily-ever-after.html?m=1

MayS said: @TheFoodMonster congrats!! Your translation used globally on youtube for last BTS from Pinocchio. Wow! Awesome. Everyone thanks to you.
And about Millet clothing line, my Korean friend said (she's not joining soompi yet), Millet also has other season clothing. @EvonC That means we can see Dalin couple in  Spring/Summer fashion. Means no thick jacket.... means the sensual concept will be there (like Millet twitter said this morning. Whohoo)

Showbiz Korea-PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE DRAMA PINOCCHIO

Just love to repost hahahaha....

Watch this one and look at LJS's smile.

141106 피노키오 제작발표회 이종석:

@TheFoodMonster are you busy right now can you give a brief summary of what they are talking about.

SBS [피노키오] - 기자간담회 '드라마 인기비결':

it's wednesday. it is supposed to be Pinocchio Day. are you sure we don't have episode 21? lol

the fact that i'm still reading all your posts means that i still haven't move on from this drama.

and the fact that this thread is still moving fast means that, I AM NOT ALONE. Many of us is missing this drama so much! :D

This is kinda a big rant about some of the viewers of Pinocchio who wants Hyung to be out of jail, CapRae Happening, Dalpo and Inha having a children with 10 years time jump.

1. Hyung getting out of jail - darn it he killed people not just 1 but 3 people they may have made a mistake but killing people is not a choice. So better stick to it and let hottie hyung pay for his sins, to add up people asking for court hearing for the Hyung, gosh do you think its IHYV not a chance guys.

2. CapRae relationship - it is so clear that writer left the story of CapRae as open-ended story its up to the viewers how they will spice up, it will be so force if they end up together come on it took Dalpo and Inha 20 episodes to find their happily ever after, the world is not a fairytale were everything is glittery and unicorns all around.

3. 10 years time Jump - everyone dreams that Dalpo and Inha will have a big family like Chansoo's amazing number of Childrens, but it is so clear that they will continue living happily together and by the look of them seeing the photo of them with the baby after wedding I'm sure their top priority is to make a baby pronto so for those silly people who are asking for step by step happy ending, please use some common sense hmmmp.

sleepykid said: \ 3. 10 years time Jump - everyone dreams that Dalpo and Inha will have a big family like Chansoo's amazing number of Childrens, but it is so clear that they will continye living happily together and by the look of them seeing the photo of them with the baby after wedding I'm sure their top priority is to make a baby pronto so for those silly people who are asking for step by step happy ending, please use some common sense hmmmp.

Hoy.... I feel emty cause today is Wednesday, but no more Pinocchio for us, how sad! :( I really miss uncle DalPo and his niece InHa, grandpa GongPil and dad DalPyung. I wonder when will we can watch an amazing drama like Pinocchio again. 
I've just asked my friend - who is NOT addicted to K-drama at all - to watch Pinoccho, and It seem like She falls in love with our uncle DalPo after a few episodes, she texted me to tell how handsome DalPo is while watching Pinocchio, although at first, she wasn't amazed by Lee Jong Suk/ DalPo's appearance.And she enjoys Pinocchio much more than I expected. hehehe. 

today its wednesday..i'm feel so empty..TT

:(..i try to move on and i was trying to watch other dramas, but failed...

i saw the new looks of PSH..to me she's always adorable, what ever she wore she'is so beautiful in my eyes

i'm glad she supported LMH's premier drama, i knew she keeps maintain her friendships with all her previous co-stars..i was tan-sang shipper, but now,,i just want to see PSH with LJS only..lol..and i'm sooo looking forward for their new millet cf..i'm soooo happy when i read the news, i knew it, i can felt it by the time ki ha myung wore the YGN millet's jacket..so  isn't goodbye for darling couple it's just a beginning

:x :x

ps : now i want to see the new looks of LJS so badly..i 'm missing him so much..what is he doing right now ?  i'm hoping the new interviews, photo shootings, cfs will coming..

Chingu,

You are not alone. Hahaha.. :D;)

Great to see her in a new look.

I have something to confess..

I shipped SH with a couple of co-stars especially Dooly Couple, MinShin Couple and recently Darling Couple. Each couple gives me a different feel.

Dooly couple- Pure Love

MinShin couple- Love is the moment

Darling couple- Sweetest Love (More feels. Connected. Compatible. Can lean to each other. And... whenever I see them together, I would feel " Awww~ so sweet..")

I'm confused and having weird feelings too. Can we have all 3??Nevertheless, whichever couple, I wish them well. ^^

Btw, SH new look looks like Eun Yoon Hye. :-??

*p.s. dont OT me pls.. ;;)

#WeMissDarlingCouple

I agree with you :) I thought the ending for ep 20 with Dalin's wedding was the perfect ending. Because the writer was already hinting of family..with In Ha playing with kids and Ha Myoung constantly commenting "how can this be possible at our age?" ...he said it at least 3 times I think. Not to mention, Ha myoung also had that picture of him and In Ha with the baby in his wallet. It shows how much he wants a family and during that time when grandpa didn't approved of their relationship, he had that photo in his wallet ...as a little hope or for him to constantly stare at on what alternative life he could have one day. (Mind you, people need to know that during that time, In Ha and Ha Myoung put away their feelings for grandpa's sake and they didn't know if they could even be real again without grandpa's consent.) 

So I'm sure that ending leaves lots of opening and imagination for us that they will definitely have kids ...right away if you ask me because...with In Ha's dad being the biggest supporter and grandpa probably want grand -grand babies and you know...the hormones flying between Ha myoung and In Ha, there will definitely be a baby...or BABIES XD

Right if they want really made a protest to SBS and make Season 2 its a win-win for us lol.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 1.7em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Kim Young Kwang Confirmed to Star Alongside 2NE1’s Sandara in New Web Dramadeedeegii January 20, 20150TweetLINE it!Kim Young Kwang Confirmed to Star Alongside 2NE1’s Sandara in New Web Drama

It has been confirmed that model-actorKim Young Kwang will be acting alongside 2NE1’s Sandara Park in a brand new web drama.

On January 21, Kim Young Kwang’s agency, Enpino, revealed, “Actor Kim Young Kwang and Sandara Park have been cast as the lead actors of the Korean-Chinese joint production web drama ‘Dr. Mo Clinic.’ Filming will begin at the beginning of February.”

“Dr. Mo Clinic” (tentative English title) is a story of hurt and healing, as a man and a woman try to forget about their painful past love.

Kim Young Kwang will be taking on the role of a psychiatrist and hypnosis therapist, Mo Yi Ahn, while Sandara will be acting as a patient who receives treatment from Dr. Mo.

Meanwhile, the web drama is scheduled to be revealed mid-March through Naver TV Cast as well as China’s Youku.

What are your thoughts on this co-star pairing?

Don't OT me I just want to say its a big push for Kim Young Kwang after his recent drama and also can be considered as hit Pinocchio hooray for our Bumjo!!!! He becomes a Psychiatrist.

sleepykid said: This is kinda a big rant about some of the viewers of Pinocchio who wants Hyung to be out of jail, CapRae Happening, Dalpo and Inha having a children with 10 years time jump. 1. Hyung getting out of jail - darn it he killed people not just 1 but 3 people they may have made a mistake but killing people is not a choice. So better stick to it and let hottie hyung pay for his sins, to add up people asking for court hearing for the Hyung, gosh do you think its IHYV not a chance guys. 2. CapRae relationship - it is so clear that writer left the story of CapRae as open-ended story its up to the viewers how they will spice up, it will be so force if they end up together come on it took Dalpo and Inha 20 episodes to find their happily ever after, the world is not a fairytale were everything is glittery and unicorns all around. 3. 10 years time Jump - everyone dreams that Dalpo and Inha will have a big family like Chansoo's amazing number of Childrens, but it is so clear that they will continue living happily together and by the look of them seeing the photo of them with the baby after wedding I'm sure their top priority is to make a baby pronto so for those silly people who are asking for step by step happy ending, please use some common sense hmmmp.