[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

@mywebfoot.... I so agree with you, and can see the wisdom behind the writer's intention of leaving some things for our imaginations to finish off. And that's my problem, all these imaginary scenarios keep playing in my head, and if it gets too unbearable I will need to put them down just to make them stop. LOL So I really write FF for totally selfish reasons. ;)
Admittedly there are many questions left unanswered, many loopholes in narration, and even artistic licenses employed - still, the great thing about this show is that all those things don't weaken the overall quality, doesn't make us love it any less or even disappoint us in any way. As Javabeans wrote in her Ep 20 discussion, it wasn't a perfect drama, but it was a perfect viewing experience, which I so agree. I love what she said about how SJN created a universe of believable people, and we can imagine that they are real, and living their lives as we speak. Only that we were privileged enough to be given the opportunity of a tiny peek into a portion of the more exciting episodes in their lives. I can really get behind this, because they do seem real. Even though the things that happen may seem outlandish or even disproportionately over-dramatic, but then if you think again, there are many outlandish and over-dramatic things happening in real life as we speak. I guess what makes it real is the way they react to the dramatic - not in any illogical, nonsensical even 'noble idiotic' way, but in a way that makes sense to all of us, because we would be that way too if those things happen to us. 
It's Friday, and I'm still not off this train. This is serious... I was on the Faith thread for almost a year after the drama was over. Is that right @sia3? or was it more? Like some of you, I've begun my rewatch, with the excuse of doing DSS translations... LOL. Like I need to find an excuse! But sometimes, it's wonderful the second time around, because you catch things you missed out on the first time. And with SJN, you can be sure there are many little details - which sometimes we overlook, that we can find the second time around. @sia3... are you rewatching? @Maja? ;)

you know you're suffering a severe case of withdrawal syndrome when besides visiting the thread, is that you are imagining "if's" and relate the songs you are listening to characters even though they are so not related

e.g. I Just Wanna by Amber ft. Eric Nam
damn they are so unrelated but reminds me of JH&YS's innocence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ41BZC2fgI

and this version  - Goodbye Summer by f(x) ft. D.O

Imagine if those tragedies didn't happen maybe they'll grew up as "childhood friends/sweetheart - BFF - sibling- not lovers but more than friends thing" hahahaha
"The photos that can't define our relationship is heart breaking story" this could be their high school theme song and after so many years of longing they will be together ala In Time With You...
hahaha!!!! =))

but seriously, HEALER stop creeping on my mind whenever you want! The show is already over.
:((

Oops, by the way, if anyone needs help with the shipper competition, do let me know ^^ I remember the madness from the past and it is fun but tiring :))
Thank you @ruizaio for translating the questions. It does help to have an idea what the writer's vision was and it was wonderful of PD Lee to encourage her and support her vision. 
If the scripts are included in the DVD package, I will definitely start learning Korean again!

Guest wookieLOVEyoung_changmin

Once again it was amazing to be part of healerities family here. Healer make all of us international fan become one on these thread..

SJN was amazing thinking about human society and translate to Healer it was proove her to become more good writer. And she had good feeling to choose JCW and PMY who has strong character meet on her drama become faith..

Try watch these it was colaboration 20 episode become one and make me more hooked and everlasting drama.. http://youtu.be/GCFP2YaqAWw

Guest uctqepe

There are some lines that i dont agree with this artcile, especially realted to my oppa... Does this writer prefer him to die???? and his role is insignificant in the final epis???? Eerrrrrrr..... the last epis was JH's and Ahjumma's plan, but it's always been MH as the mastermind for all Someday broadcasts..

Reading this "And why was Moon Ho’s only role in the denouement to say a few words into the camera,... "

I was like... REALLY?? You missed the fisrt 45 minutes?? KAKAKAKKAKA.. i guess i am just being so biased ;p

Final Call : "Healer"

source: Soompi

Final Call: “Healer”

When a beloved drama ends, the hope is always that the final episode will live up to and even elevate the material that came before. Pulling off a good ending is always difficult, but it’s also important—after all, this is the last impression the viewers will ever have, the final taste of the story.

In other news, “Healer” came to an end this week, and though its ending certainly left a pleasant taste in my mouth, it was perhaps a bit blander than I would have liked.

healer park min young final

But let’s start with the good—and there was a lot of that. By the end, “Healer” had primarily become a romance, the love story of Seo Jung Hoo and Chae Young Shin, who had played together as children, experienced unimaginable traumas, and still managed to find and love each other again as adults. As a romance, “Healer” succeeded on every level. Ji Chang Wook and Park Min Young both delivered stellar performances, and they were at their best with each other. From their first, violent encounter all the way through to their sweet, tender ending.

Park Min Young was especially excellent after Young Shin discovered that “Bong Soo” was really Healer. Young Shin’s anger that this man she trusted had lied to her, and her fear that he would disappear if she revealed what she knew, were perfectly conveyed, as was her eventual decision to forgive him. What I loved about Park Min Young’s performance was how well she showed both sides of Young Shin—the silly, over-confident, bold reporter and the emotionally scarred, vulnerable young woman. Young Shin felt very much like a real person who found herself in incredible circumstances, and so much of that is due to a wonderful, grounded performance.

healer ji chang wook final

By the final episodes, though, “Healer” really was Ji Chang Wook’s show, and he more than rose to the challenge. His passionate portrayal of a young man who wants nothing more than to love in peace was delightful, and he was wonderfully helped out by great character details. Jung Hoo’s constant need for skinship is a perfect example—humorous at first glance, it broke my heart once I realized that he couldn’t stop touching Young Shin because before her he had been almost entirely starved of affection.

healer yoo ji tae do ji won final

In other words, the central couple of “Healer” was as good as it gets. Where the final episodes stumbled, in my opinion, was in the treatment of Kim Moon Ho (Yoo Ji Tae) and the overarching fight against the Elder (Choi Jong Won). This was such a great conflict with its life-and-death stakes and the tangled web of relationships between all the main combatants; I was ready for a heartbreaking gut-punch of a final episode. I was ready for sacrifices to be made and for lives to be lost. I was prepared for victory at a price, because too many people had died for “Healer” to be tied up with a simple happy ending. I was especially wondering if perhaps Moon Ho would pay the ultimate price, giving his own life so that Jung Hoo and Young Shin could expose Moon Shik (Park Sang Won) and the Elder.

None of that happened. We had a quick encounter at the airport involving an extremely convenient whistleblower and an obviously faked death, and then all of our heroes got their happy endings.

healer kim mi kyung final

Of course, I am happy that these characters I love got the chance to live ordinary, loving lives. But this resolution was far too easy and quick for my taste. I’m not saying that I wanted everyone to die. But if the Elder could be taken down in the space of one afternoon without any of the good guys suffering so much as a paper cut, then I’m forced to wonder if he was ever a competent villain to begin with. And what about Kim Moon Shik, who basically dropped out of the story after Myung Hee (Do Ji Won) left him? And why was Moon Ho’s only role in the denouement to say a few words into the camera and then pretend to cry over Jung Hoo’s body?

healer park min young ji chang wook final

There are some stories with endings so bad that they make the audience angry and regretful that they ever cared. “Healer” does not have one of those endings. “Healer” was an enormously enjoyable drama with clever writing, tight plotting, and a fascinating cast of characters brought to life by talented actors (Yoo Ji Tae was especially a joy to watch, and part of the reason why I regret that Moon Ho didn’t have a larger role towards the end is that as a result Yoo Ji Tae didn’t have as much to do). I loved watching “Healer,” and I’m glad that I did. But I can’t deny that it ended with a whimper. A sweet, heartwarming, romantic whimper, but a whimper nonetheless.

What did you think about “Healer?” Did you find its ending more satisfying than I did? Let us know in the comments below!

As much as I want to really REALLY back track at the moment (I'm still trying to catch up with the wrap-up party posts. It's been a long day at work), I just realized that my check list/thoughts that I posted wayyyyyyyy back, it kinda felt like I was also trolled by writer-nim (as I was reading a post I shared on my Tumblr pg. about my thoughts on Healer) I know that everyone feels the same way. This surely explains that line, "Great minds, think alike".

Off I go to re-watch Healer. I'm going to savor every episode, squeee, laugh and the whole sheebang!

edit:
@ruzaio - thank you for the translations of SJN's Q&A
@aroma83 - also, thank you for your translations throughout this time.
@everyone - thank you for your steadfast love for Healer.

Ciao and One Love!

NRGchick said: Oops, by the way, if anyone needs help with the shipper competition, do let me know ^^ I remember the madness from the past and it is fun but tiring :))
Thank you @ruizaio for translating the questions. It does help to have an idea what the writer's vision was and it was wonderful of PD Lee to encourage her and support her vision. 
If the scripts are included in the DVD package, I will definitely start learning Korean again!

Guest uctqepe

@NRGchick

I SOOOO NEED YOUR HELP!!! Kakakakakakakakka... will contact you! For time being, do you have HD pictures UNEDITED of two scene?

1. Rooftop scene at epi. 20 where JH kissed YS's hands

2. Elevator scene, when JH tried kiss YS's head

OMG.. i just realised all the scenes are about JH wanting a kiss or JH kissing YS.. =)) =))

LOL i can't stop thinking of how close they are if they grew up together...
since they are stuck like a gum in their younger days... and on top of that reminds me how MH told YS that the baby bears always cries whenever they see each other because they don't want to be separated. That was probably the caused of why they developed a habit of holding to each other/s (YS to be specific) arms when they sleep, as to ensure that they will not be separated by their parents. Imagine the young JH&YS, sleeping together then wake up realizing the other one is not there beside them, LOL they probably cry like there's no tomorrow.
=)) =)) =))

aigoo boredom makes me think of things LOL

uctqepe

said:

@NRGchick

I SOOOO NEED YOUR HELP!!! Kakakakakakakakka... will contact you! For time being, do you have HD pictures UNEDITED of two scene?

1. Rooftop scene at epi. 20 where JH kissed YS's hands

2. Elevator scene, when JH tried kiss YS's head

OMG.. i just realised all the scenes are about JH wanting a kiss or JH kissing YS.. =)) =))

Guest sweetestRachelJi0405

is PMY taken? After watching ep 20 i want to ship ChangMin couple..

At first Im only interested in Healer himself but as Ive watched the finale ep they are perfect couple..

Guest uctqepe

@NRGchick

yes thats the one.. BUt hmm..our OTP looks too small in the picture...It'll be used as an article where people can vote... Hmmm... snow kiss is much more beautiful and have close up scenes, eventhough the rooftop is much more meaningful.. AIIGGOO... am i being too perferctionist? #-o 

I'll check your photobucket. Can you please provide the link? ;)) THANKS! :D

Annyeong yeorobun!

uhh.. It's been 3seconds since i last watched Healer.

Uhh. I've been backreading since an hour a go.. clicking awesomes and lols here and there. Nodding my head off to awesome reflections made by you guys.. beating my pillow from laughing at your photos, gifs and comments..

uhhh.. squeeing at OTP related posts..

And yeah i'm an addict.

This is the rehab, right?

Hahahahaha :))

Hello everyone. I tried so hard to keep myself from joining soompi, despite the fact that I've been a long time lurker on Spartace shipper forum. And I finally give up when I found Healer! I should've joined a long time a go! This thread gave me a bad addiction that is Healer. And it's amazing how the drama has ended sometimes ago but the page count just keep growing.

I'm still in awe about this drama from so many aspects (I'm planning on writing about it in my blog, but still haven't upload it yet) that I haven't seen in so many Kdramas that I've watched. This is the only drama that keeps me hooked in every minute, and investing so much of my time by reading every recaps while rewatching it (yes, I've re-watched it once) in dramabeans, and following this thread. I've promoted it to everyone I know (I'm kind of a drama supplier in my workplace). And I feel weird, like a teenager fangirling all over Ji Chang Wook, keeping his pics and screencapt his scenes, something I've never done with any other actors before.

Thanks to everyone, Soompi sunbaenim for updating. HEALER saranghae!

PS: my profpic is Fanderay (Dramabeans) beautiful artwork

you should post this in changmin couple shipper thread~

:)

)

:)

)

Its my intention to post it here so that everyone are aware that changmin thread exist.. The thread is so slow you might joined us and have fun but please dont take it seriously because ill tell you its not easy to deal with a broken heart :P:P <:-P