[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Guest sweetestRachelJi0405

i was amazed with this forum.. it reached 1k plus and counting..omo.. fans are great,genius and jjang.. i always tweet our HEALER to visit soompi HEALER forum for him to discover how he is loved by many..I joined IG because of Him and PMY..

Good morning from SG! First thing I did when I woke this morning? Check this thread of course!! Still hang up on Healer and this thread!

I’ve downloaded all episodes of Healer and put it into my phone for my viewing pleasure! And I have just noticed that I watched ep 14 seven times! It must have been the end of ep 14 that I was obsessed with!! HAHAI started re-watching Ep 1 otw to work today and I was excited to watch it again LOL!

Noticed a few more things now – JH may have never dated anyone before as he has been Healer for 8 years, but he can be quite naughty! HAHA. He thinks the avatar is too covered up and would prefer if she’s in a bikini or a playboy bunny outfit! HAHAHA! I guess he picked that up from Sabu!

When JH was fighting with Double S goons at the train track, he still helped to move the unconscious goons out of the way so that they won’t get rolled over by the train. He indeed doesn’t want to cause any deaths. And then I panicked again when the big dude fell over him. Oof! I would have been crushed by that dude badly! Anyway, when JH summersaulted and kicked the big dude head, SO COOL!

Right from the beginning, we were told that Go Sung Chul is related to Elder. Remember when Sec Oh reported back to KMS, KMS said that everything must be taken care properly because it’s related to Elder. Just that at that point of time when we watched it, who would expect this Elder would be the main mastermind of everything.

Let me go back and finish up on episode 1! I’ll be back for more of my thoughts! 

class="at_ttl"K-Drama Style: Ji Chang Wook's Sophisticated AllSaints Jacket In 'Healer'

BY Adrienne Stanley | Feb 12, 2015 03:07 PM EST

healer19-00588-jpg.jpg?w=600

Like Us on Facebook

(Photo : KBS2)

The KBS2 action melodrama “Healer” concluded on February 10 with a climactic airport showdown. Episode 20 opened with a captivating scene where the "Healer" stars Ji Chang Wook, Park Min Young, Yoo Ji Tae, and Kim Mi Kyung reunite in the airport to draw out the corrupt organization known as The Farmers. Each actor is costumed in variations on the classic trench coat but fans have expressed great interest in Ji Chang Wook's outfit.

1-1042_1539157853004108_4409577828518000

(Photo : Namoo Actors )

On February 12, the Korean outlet E Today reported on the actor's chic airport look. The statement piece of his outfit is the full-length Gunner Mac jacket in Sand, from the East London fashion house, AllSaints.

all_saints-png.png?w=600

(Photo : AllSaints )

The military-inspired jacket features black sleeves which provides contrast against the khaki garment.

“Healer” viewers in Korea have expressed their love of the jacket through social media. The statement, “'Healer' Ji Chang Wook looks really good,” was one of the most popular comments.

The action drama has helped to increase the actor's popularity. He had previously starred in dramas including “Hero” and “Empress Ki” but was best known by domestic audiences as a musical theater star. While musical theater roles in “Jack the Ripper” and “The Days” have bolstered his career, his portrayal of Emperor Huizong in “Empress Ki” propelled the actor into Hallyu stardom.

“Healer” maintained solid ratings, helping to generate more interest in the rising star. Upon completion of the drama he provided a statement to MBN where he said, “I'm happy to have completed this safely. More importantly, I'm very happy to have had the opportunity to work with such good people.”

link: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/74161/20150212/k-drama-style-ji-chang-wooks-sophisticated-allsaints-jacket-in-healer.htm

-------------------------------
how Healer wear it:
B9r8t0_CAAAW0dC.jpg
:x :x

@CanavaliaAre you the lady that previously use the radish as avatar? I remember avatars better than names. Anyway, you know those digital photo frames available in store these days - can/do they support GIF format images? If they do, you CAN stuck Healer gifs in there, I supposed? I won't be HD enough to fit the frame of course. Good HD gifs can get as big as 10MB+

@uctqepe @lxands yeah I know, I also read writer SJN's Q&A..
I post it from standard usual viewer, not viewers like us, soompiers, who have privilege to read SJN's Q&A thanks to @ruizaio
As standard viewer, I would questioning the questions.. whether Det Yoon shoot him with bullet or blank, KMH hide JH's face or why the interview..

sorry for my ramblings if it kinda doesn't make sense #-o

Guest sooshin

Joining this thread is amazing... I haven't catch up reading the 1000pages yet and the thread is filing up...

People here are unbelievable... Ive watched dramas in silence and consuming all the emotional roller coaster ride of every drama by my self until HEALER...

The feels in this drama is just too much for me that I needed an outlet for all the craziness that Healer JCW and PMY brought in my life.!!!

Im amazed by the insights of people here in this is thread... Your dedications and how is it to be an official drama fan...

Im new and I too have a lot to say but I'm still learning observing how this things really works and hope someday I can post things better like you guys do... Rather than reading thread which is by the way is really fun..

You're the best guys... Healer Forever!

Guest sweetestRachelJi0405

Capture_zpsc71f91e2.png

This is what I got where I watched the drama. I don't know if you're referring where JH mumbles something

I dont think shes jealous.. I think he just asked if shes ready for his next action..hahah at the early part of ep 20 where JH was fighting at the coffee bay he asked YS not to watch right.. YS is not into violence..

my only point of view..

Lastly, thank you all for the fun, but peace and quiet in this thread. Having been around other drama threads, I think Healer thread is the most peaceful to date. There are no trolls, only @celyw - LOLLLL. Joking dear, we love ya! :))

Aiish!!!

how can i be the troll ;;) the trolls are the ones who keep giving us OT clicks!!

Ya you there!! X( unclick it!!!

Guest sooshin

tumblr_njo0wjKvPQ1ro4ssxo2_500.png

tumblr_njo0wjKvPQ1ro4ssxo3_500.png

tumblr_njo0wjKvPQ1ro4ssxo1_500.png

http://minuaegi.tumblr.com/post/110814444185/healer-20th

SJN can write a book of these fabulous paragraphs and I would go and be there to buy it.

Yes Healer have the best lines ever!!!! Which gives us a new perspective about love or loving someone... Thanks to SJN... I heard that when someone writes about something its either he experienced it or witness those things personally in in one way or another,.. SJN's Healer is a masterpiece.

@uctqepe @lxands yeah I know, I also read writer SJN's Q

I post it from standard usual viewer, not viewers like us, soompiers, who have privilege to read SJN's Q&A thanks to @ruizaio

As standard viewer, I womillionuestioning the questions.. whether Det Yoon shoot him with bullet or blank, KMH hide JH's face or why the interview..

sorry for my ramblings if it kinda doesn't make sense #-o

I didnt read abt SJN q &a yet when i figure it out, becos right after ep 20 ends i started healer marathon again. When i first watch ep20 i got confuse why jh did the interview but when i watch ep 1 (or2) the scene where ys was making kimchi with daddy chae, she half jokingly ask her dad to lent her 10 million won so she can hire healer for her interview, thats when it dawn to me whats the interview in ep 20 is all abt. During the interview when jh read the question "is your dream to be a night carier" then he smirk and grumbled what kind of question is this, i know the question must come from ys sumhow. Only later i came across the post abt edited/delete scene where jh print out the question and relate to the scene he copy her laptop that i realized the questions was amateurish becos it was taken from ys early days, before she was trained by kmh

Guest sooshin

yes..its the first when he was mumbling something...before he said 'are you ready' and she answered 'you're dead' 

Its on minute 51:26

w16emog-.png

Yes he did mumbled something... No sub's.

Was it after the part YS said "stop it. I'm against it?"

If yes, I think JH mumbled "camera" (Viki did sub tt). Based on the script, JH "shh" YS as he is warning YS abt the camera recording because he has to act like he is working for Elder.

The script also wrote tt YS "detest" JH hence mouthed "U r dead" to him. So I think rather than angry w JH to follow their plan it's more like he was holding e informant too close to him. Otherwise why wld JH smile? Lol

Guest sooshin

Was it after the part YS said "stop it. I'm against it?"

If yes, I think JH mumbled "camera" (Viki did sub tt). Based on the script, JH "shh" YS as he is warning YS abt the camera recording because he has to act like he is working for Elder.

The script also wrote tt YS "detest" JH hence mouthed "U r dead" to him. So I think rather than angry w JH to follow their plan it's more like he was holding e informant too close to him. Otherwise why wld JH smile? Lol

Yes if its about their plans YS expression shud be more like worried and scared... but she pouted...definitely jealous... And JH is loving it. :x

Guest mywebfoot

kanyaprasetyo said: I watch ep 20 with subs again today... So far I have watched ep 20 3.5 times! 1 for livestreaming, 2 with subs, 1/2 ep raw for screencapping... #:-S

Goodness... I never knew I would just go crazy watching ep 20 on repeat :))

Advance apology first to you all, as I will write some plot holes on ep 20 that bother my mind... It's even more revealing when I rewatch it today...
I don't have the answers, but here are some thoughts
1. Det Yoon shoot JH straight on the chest
AFAIK, no sane detective/police would ever shoot the suspect straight on the chest! Even when they chase the suspect and they want to stop the suspect, they would shoot in the legs/arms, but would avoid shooting in the area that can result in death... Therefore the scene won't ever be seen in real life!!
Although I kind of understand in narrative arc, it would work because if JH shot (fake) dead it would make more impact to the viewers. (it's proven true to myself.. as I was worried if JH really dead.. and the next scene when they revealed JH isn't dead I was laughing... LOL)
I see your point about aiming for the heart. However, there are two kinds of shots - aiming to slow down (legs, arms) or aiming to stop (head/chest). Seeing as 'the assasin' was about to shoot the informant, it would make sense to aim to stop, hence a headshot (smaller target) or a chest shot (much easier to hit). 

2. Live Broadcast at the airport
Before all hullabaloo at the airport, KMH makes another live broadcast n he contacts Editor Jang n Reporter Yeo. Therefore I assume the broadcast is already aired online at that time. When JH take the informant as hostage, CYS and later KMH record his face with the camera as JH for a while also facing the camera directly. Hence the question, why people doesn't know that it's actually SJH, not Park Bong Soo (the real) when it's broadcasted in ABS. Why no one asked this kind of incongruence? People who watch Someday broadacst would surely know SJH face right?
I think somehow, while Someday always want to portray the truth, in this case they lie to public by hiding SJH n change the culprit to PBS. (It bothers me a lot. But afterall, media is and has always been never neutral, they always presents "the truth" according to their own ideology and agenda setting. It's called "media framing") I can safely say, therefore, Someday News and ABS are doing media framing in that instance.
Yeah, totally agree. That entire logic was definitely shaky. It looked good, and for the purpose of exposing the Elder it worked, but there was definitely liberal use of artistic license here.

3. JH's interview
No explanations in the drama. Granted that we have read SJN's Q&A, but unfortunately many vewers in the drama don't. So how the drama itself explains, why in the bloody hell SJH doing the interview? And what for? :-?? :-??

It really wasn't clear in the show, it's true. It felt like a suicide note, a farewell video, a simple interview or a complex interrogation. It also looked like he was leaving the Healer lair, since some of stuff was boxed up. SJN's Q&A did reveal that towards the end, between live shooting and lack budget, some ideas got lost, so I can understand. Same goes for item #2, I feel like there was possibly a better constructed scene in the original, but for lack of $$ it could not be shot. 

I wish I could see more on the ending: JH and YS married, have kids, what happens to ahjumma, Det.Yoon, Daeyong, the cafe, Choi myung hee, etc? But I'll take what i can get and happy ending is what all it takes...

Sorry for the rant.. I'm kind of person that's critical to everything, even to my favorites dramas. God knows, I can be really harsh to the dramas I watch. The topic subject in Healer also close to what I learned on college and I really love the topic of media and mass communications in general.