[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

OK reaction post. I thought I wrote one. But here is another.
It's late, where I am - Malaysia. But I can't sleep. My mind is just still full of memories of that final episode I just watched. I can't say goodbye. Even if Ji Chang Wook said his goodbye on his IG post... I can't say it just yet.
I started watching this Kdrama, first of all because of Yoo Ji Tae. Because I have loved YJT since A Star's Lover - I didn't watch his movies until after that, and yes, he's such a great actor. I was curious about the drama that managed to lure him back to Kdramaland. Movie stars don't usually come back - like Won Bin or Kang Dong Won. Second reason, because Healer is written by Song Ji Na. And she wrote some of my most well-loved Kdramas, especially Faith. A drama that was not popular, even received a lot of criticism - but there was a group of us - we called ourselves Faithlings - who loved it, and stayed on Soompi because of it for more than a year after it ended. So I was curious about her new drama. Then because of JCW, an actor I have always liked in what I've seen him in. I didn't watch the entire EK - but ended up watching all the scenes he was in. He's a mesmerising actor. Finally finally I was curious about PMY too - although previously I wasn't a big fan.
So now, end of Healer... and I have become big fans of JCW and PMY, and continue to be big fans of YJT and SJN. I cannot thank the entire Healer cast and crew enough, for all their hard work. This drama never disappointed - it went from strength to strength. Each episode was better than the one previous - and believe me, in Kdramaland, that's a major feat!
SJN thank you for writing this awesome story. It's so good, and the casting, director-nim, is spot on. You made me love them all. The main cast, the supporting cast, the cast from the past, even the bad guys. You can't even really hate the bad guys. Especially not KMS. The characters are just so loveable. All of them. Healer, in all his incarnations, touched my heart deeply with his loneliness, his basic goodness, even his naivety and almost instinctive way in which he lived. Young Shin, spunky, so full of life - and her relationship with Daddy Chae, and even Pickpocket Ajussi and the rest of the ex-convicts. I loved that whole premise so much! KMH - tortured, torn between loving his own brother and wanting to right the wrongs of ghosts past. Loved them all. Everyone had a story. And can I say, the casting of Kim Mi Kyung as a Hacker Ahjumma, is just a stroke of brilliance?? I just love her sooooo much!
The final episode - for me didn't disappoint. All the important points were wrapped as they should be. Daddy Chae finally discovering that YS's boyfriend isn't the weakling he thought he was. MyungHee finally finding her long lost daughter, than being able to relive her daughter's lost years through picture albums of Daddy Chae's. Ahjumma reunited with Detective Yoon. LOL The unravelling of KMS - the man who lost it all... I wish there was more, but I was happy to see that scene with imaginary OGH. 
And finally the rebirth of SJH, in the ashes of the death of so-called PBS. SJH, finally able to live the 'normal' life he dreamt of, with the woman that he loves. I love the end, with them on the rooftop. I wish there was a full circle, back to that picture of them sleeping hand in hand as children that SJH's mother still kept... but perhaps there wasn't enough time. But what there was, was beautiful and heartfelt and moving. I'm happy. Because finally SJH and CYS are happy too. :)

Well, I'm pretty sure that finale just killed me at least 5 times over.
Yet I still loved every second of it. 
YS's father and Ahjusshi were finally able to see the full potential of JH, and know his real name. Her father and Myunghee were able to have a bonding moment as they looked at old pictures of YS. Even Ahjumma was able to come out of her cave and finally interact with everyone. 
And that ending. Geez. It took me a minute to realize what happened and when I did, I was in complete shock. But then they showed JH in the bathroom and I was like 'that rascal.' But by only JH, Detective Yoon, and probably Ahjumma knowing about it, they could really make it seem like he was killed to the people around them. I guess that does sort of kill of the persona of Healer then.
In the ending we could see that JH and YS continue their reporting, but now that JH has something more exciting to do than sit at a desk all day, he may find it easier to stay awake haha. And MH will probably get back together with MJ. Now that his conscience is cleared with knowing that the two kids (JH and YS) are doing fine and that Myunghee knows her daughter is alive and who she is, he can continue on with his life instead of dwelling in the past, thinking how he wronged them.
The one thing that I probably loved about this drama was that none of the reveals were given like fancy reveals. There seemed to be no big fanfare to anything, it was just sort of like a fact. Like with YS finding out that JH was Healer, JH discovering Ahjumma for the first time, MH discovering Ahjumma for the first time, and even Myunghee finally knowing the identity of YS. 
And I guess that has to do with the fact that nothing was ever really secret all of the time. This show had a way of foreshadowing things and having the characters learn things a little bit at a time instead of revealing it all at once and no one was ever really completely in the dark, I don't think.
But this series will probably go down as one of my favorites of all time. The chemistry between the cast and crew was amazing, even all of the side characters were amazing. I loved them all. Daeyong, the Someday News Team, YS's father and Ahjusshi, the whole lot.
I'm sad to see this series go. I don't know what I'll do with my time anymore haha. Probably rewatch the episodes :P

This show is an example of the reason I watch korean dramas! Hoping that each one will be like this! I love a show that leaves me with a happy satisfied feeling! Great job

kinda hope they have special episode. Because there are a few things that i wish to see-CYS and her mother-SJH and CYS's father-SJH, CYS, KMH hanging out together-Ahjumma and that det lol-SJH introduce CYS to his mother and told the whole story about their father-Elder and Sec and MoonShik die-SJH working at Someday , not PBS-MORE CYS AND SJH LOVEY DOVEY MOMENT hahahahah

Favourite charactors
1. JUNGHOO (include Healer). It's obvious since i already mention it muti times. 2. YoungShin3. MoonHo_Ahjumma_Bongsoo4. Appa Chae_Det Yoon5. Young Moonshik (before make wrong acts)6. Myunghee_Seo JunSeok_Teacher7. Someday boss_Sangsoo8. Jongsoo_Daeyoung_Ahjussi

heartoppaya said:  Here's my list of people I really love: 1. Jung-hoo/ Healer/ Park Bong Soo 2. Young-shin/ Ji-an 3. Moon-ho 4. Ahjumma 5. Daddy Chae 6. Seo Jung-seok 7. Ahjusshi 8. Myung-hee 9. Dae-young 10. Moon-shik 11. Teacher and all friends 12. Min-jae 13. Detective Yoon 14. Sang-soo 15. Rest of the cast except- Elder and Sec. Oh. Who's yours?

Apologize to you about the Maldives

It was just my dream of one day

I wish I did not dream it

But why

Despite a happy ending

I feel it's not enough for me

Apparently because I expected more

Episode 20 was crowded

Need more 21 episode after it

With the wedding scene

In the presence of everybody's happy together

And ends with a scene of the newlyweds kiss

With applause from everyone, happiness and smile

Am I greedy ???

They deserve it all

But thank you for it a happy ending

:-? [-(

:-h

petition!!!!!

healer sp episode....

dorama often do this, dont they?

hehehehhee....

someone slap me please!

i just saw , the roof top back hug n he kissed her hand and cheeks. and at the end they grab hand each other so naturally watch carefully guys,, OMG.. they  are really fall in love for real everything so natural and smooth..on ep 20 we can see that their love is develop for real... they 're gesture.. so natural and real. 

i just saw , the roof top back hug n he kissed her hand and cheeks. and at the end they grab hand each other so naturally watch carefully guys,, OMG.. they  are really fall in love for real everything so natural and smooth..on ep 20 we can see that their love is develop for real... they 're gesture.. so natural and real. 

I'd pay some good money to just have an episode of them together hehhe

Gah.  The final episode has already aired and I have yet to see yesterday's episode.  Please tell me I'm not the only one suffering at the hands of Dramafever's delayed subbing.  I can't be the only one in this boat, right???

With so many happy people in this thread today, I absolutely cannot wait to watch Episode 19 tonight and Episode 20 tomorrow.  *fingers itching*

@dreamer293 Omooo! Thanks for the kisses compilation! :x :x :x

I noticed that even though the show is gracious enough to gift us with many juicy kisses, 4 out of 6 are all shot in the same angle! Waaaeeee?! ~X( :))