[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

Guest ababacadabra

Did anybody else notice that the music used in Koi and Net's studying scene was the same music used in Season 2 with Non and Thee (Ep 11 I think) 

which pretty much tells methat this will not end well

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest antakalainaro

The new subbed episode (episode 3) is really awesome. I didn't think I'd like the new ZomZom character but she's really lovable and cute!

Next subbed one should be interesting: Using your musical skills to get your girl back. Where have I seen that before?

Guest Vergara

I've watched episode 3. However, I think whereas episode 1 and 2 are quite good, the third one is quite rushed like: the relationship between Koi and Net, First and KN Pang.. Perhaps, Koi wants to try out with Net to assure that she could like the other (guy), but I'm not sure at this point either. But Pang and First? Oh really, you hang out with her the first time and then you confess that you like her, but she rejects right a way that make you a heart-broken one, I can't believe it. I hope they slow down that pace.

Besides, I think it's normal to First  to ask her friend (Oil) not go to that date if he thinks Oil support you. I think First did nothing wrong with such idea as we in fact always cheer up our friends to do that, but as First is quite not thoughtful person, he doesn't care about Oil if she likes that idea or not. And the way Oil denied her feeling toward First makes me feel worried too. So what's her and First next move?

The story of this episode is about Zomzom, but I don't understand behavior of her family: her parents as well as herself. Sure, even though they might be open-mined people but let the lover into house while you have teenager kids, it's hard to them, and if I was on her shoes, I would be more stress than that. And I thought her parents tried to talk to her much more than that instead of let her down. Particularly, I don't know why she took off her skirt (rebellious action?), and soon after her regret, it seems that her dad did not forgive her either, though I think it's just temporary. At first place, I thought her parent truly loved her, but also  a little bit selfish. They want her to understand their position but don't try to seriously think about her feeling. I mean she is not mature, how she could understand their circumstance since all she wants is her parents back. When she calls her mom, she tells her like nothing serious happens, and the father doesn't give her a chance to talk on the morning in the following days either, just maybe because his lover moved out (i just guess), he still gave her breakfast though. Or that's all issue the modern family face with nowaday? I think I missed somethings ;(. Besides, honestly, I don't believe you just cry out your eyes then can accept those things just after one night, and your friends who are so mean yesterday but now turn out to be nice as telling you it's okay. Those are so rushed and confuse me.

The last thing, I don't get the whole music lesson scene either. 

It's like I criticize so hard to this episode, nope, I still enjoy it. I love Boss and Non scene, Phao - Mali - Robot's as well. They are quite good. 

Guest antakalainaro

P.P.S: Does anyone of you have a link to watch online or download all of season 1 eng subbed episodes?? Because i didn't watch that one, i started by season 2 just out of curiosity and got hooked! but when i went to watch season 1 episodes they all got copyrighted :/!!

It's forbidden to post links to illegal stream/downloads here

pinkypromise.png 
Subtitle: "Pinky Promise"

Hm, so they called it "Pinky Promise." (I guess they are basing this on the "pinky swear" idea in English. But that's really quite different from the use of the pinky finger here.) I was probably expecting too much. ;)

I wonder if anyone is keeping track of the uses of Dao's name and Koi's name as plot points. Dao means star, and Koi means pinky finger (hence her Facebook name including "Littlefinger"). The uses of these names seem to largely come from Dao's own creative mind:

- Season 1: Dao writes about "Dao and Din," or "The Star and the Earth." The star comes down to earth. The story Dao wrote was intended to be cute (and from the name, it could be!)... but the reality was otherwise. In reality, when this star comes to the earth it gets dirty, dusty, hurt, saddened.

- Season 2: Dao tries to make up with Koi by giving her a drawing of a pinky finger on a star-shaped piece of paper. The pinky finger is used by children to "make up" with one another (just as the thumb is used to show that they are angry and not on good terms). There are many meanings in Dao's small piece of artwork.

- Season 3: When on the rooftop/terrace with Koi, Dao revisits the pinky-finger gesture to make up. Then she writes a story titled "Holding a Pinky Finger," or "About Koi." Both meanings are again intended, since the story is a revision (in fictional form) of her heartfelt thoughts about Koi and since the story apparently is related to an illustration of two girls, one holding the pinky finger of the other (or hand-in-hand).

(Are there other uses of the names of Dao and/or Koi? I've forgotten them if so.)

I ship both DaoKoi and KoiNet. LOL it's so conflicting.

:blink: I can imagine! :D

Some people shipped both MhogKwan and WinKwan. I wonder if there were any fans who dared to ship all of TarToei, TarPang, PhuToei, PhuThee, and NonThee in Season 2. :lol:

Guest CrypticShan

I must give people like Helicopter and ababacadabra kudos for their observation skills. I had to go back to Dao's introduction video to hear the sound of ripping paper, I didn't even know they had different ending tones. :o I had to go back to the MV too, I don't know if this has been answered before but why did Dao have her bruise on the left side while in the official poster, her bruise was on the right side? It would be much logical if she had it on her right arm (left side in the MV) , because that's what she uses to draw. Or I guess she uses both because of typing? Or simply an error? 

I rewatched episode 3 with subs, Zomzom's character is portrayed well. This is in response to user Vergara, they did make up in the end. Mali and her Dad didn't move out, they just went to their Grandma. It's not easy to talk about sexuality, I understand why her Dad kept on tiptoeing around Zomzom. I think it depends on one's relationship with their father, I think Zomzom's Dad knew Zomzom would understand and she really did in the end despite that intense and depressing skirt throwing scene. :o 

I'm disliking First, I don't like his personality. I hope Oil doesn't get romantically involved with him. I still don't get what Jane's conflict would be. Conflict between differentiating BPMs? Haha. Can't wait for later. Thanks again for the people translating and recapping episodes! 

P.s: Can someone pass here the link of ep4 trailer where Dao's mom find out about the novel and the drawing??

They have it posted here (Instagram link) and also here (which is a Twitter video). I don't think they've uploaded the clip in Youtube.

Also, yes while on topic, I also do not have an idea why Dao's bruise changed positions in the poster and in the music video. Could be an error. Could be deliberate. We'll have to see further into the series I guess. And speaking of the introduction videos, Koi's is that of typing sounds which could mean she's the subject of the 'real' fiction Dao's talking about in her own introduction video.

Also a huge chunk of the introduction videos were shot prior to raining, or after it has rained. Don't know if that info is relevant at all. Also, with the number of runners in this season (First, Net, Robot, maybe Pala?), it surprises me that it still hasn't been that explored very well as a story line. 

And the trio of girls at the end of Non's introduction video might be Kanompang, Oil and Jane, as we know those three forming a recent friendship. Lately I've been trying to tie in at which time in the series would the introduction videos fit in seamlessly, for example, ZomZom is seen wearing the same shirt in her introduction video when she was being woken up and in episode 3 when she talks to Mali to ask if she was gay because her dad is gay (to which the answer is an evident no). It's just fun but it seems to not yield very significant clues for the forthcoming episodes, although it does bring context in conversations here and there.

For episode 3, ZomZom displays a good example of a character that we can't say is solely bad because she has a strong personality in school, along with her friends, because she also has characteristics that go very opposite from that. She loves her mom a lot, and it shows that she cares about Mali somehow, she goes out of her way to ask often where she is when she isn't home and diverts her friends to a different seat during lunch as to not have them bully her. I read those actions as very caring, but apart from that she could also be very rash and rebellious especially that throwing skirt scene (!!!). But the end scene shows very well also that she loves her dad very much and that she's a character that's willing to seek forgiveness.

Guest antakalainaro

I wonder if anyone is keeping track of the uses of Dao's name and Koi's name as plot points. Dao means star, and Koi means pinky finger (hence her Facebook name including "Littlefinger").

Littlefinger, huh? That means she can't be trusted. When you play the Game of Thones, you either win or you die. There is no middle ground

Guest zurichtime_stv

Wow people here really have a good observation and analysis. Hehehe.. i even don't realize half of what you guys said weird or anything until i read you all reply in this thread ^_^ 

So, after watching ep.3, i have to agree with ZomZom's anger towards his father. If i was in her shoes, maybe i would do something more rebellious than her. Her parents are divorce, she still has hopes for her parents to reunite but, her hopes is crushed by someone she knew which is uncle John. I totally can relate her feelings. It's hard to accept "someone" else come to your family abruptly.Her father should Zomzom gradually about his sexuality and then introduce Uncle John as his lover, not abruptly move in with Uncle John and his daughter. Zomzom only needs time and in the end she finally accept her father and his sexuality, she even says sorry to his father. Well, i think her family conflict is almost done. Next, would be her love story with Pala. :)  I can't wait for this.I have to mention that Zomzom is so cute while being with her family. She doesn't trying to be a badass daughter, she is a sweet daugther. Zomzom and Mali would be a very cute sister :)

Mali and Robot and Phao. The love triangle is finally begin. I would cheer Phao and Mali ended up together ^_^ or i can accept if three of them ended up only as friends.

I like Kanompang rejected First. First should be with Oil. Maybe, First will falling into Oil because she is always there for him while he's broken hearted?

Koi is kissing net and i scream through the kiss. I hope it was longer and more romantic. KoiNet kiss in the teaser and ep.3 is different. Ah, such a tease.

The new subbed episode (episode 3) is really awesome. I didn't think I'd like the new ZomZom character but she's really lovable and cute!

Next subbed one should be interesting: Using your musical skills to get your girl back. Where have I seen that before?

I think that is the standard background music for drama scenes. :lol:

Guest antakalainaro

Mali and Robot and Phao. The love triangle is finally begin. I would cheer Phao and Mali ended up together ^_^ or i can accept if three of them ended up only as friends.

What will happen is like what happened in this P'Yong's 2008 Thai film

I've watched episode 3. However, I think whereas episode 1 and 2 are quite good, the third one is quite rushed like: the relationship between Koi and Net, First and KN Pang.. Perhaps, Koi wants to try out with Net to assure that she could like the other (guy), but I'm not sure at this point either. But Pang and First? Oh really, you hang out with her the first time and then you confess that you like her, but she rejects right a way that make you a heart-broken one, I can't believe it. I hope they slow down that pace.

Besides, I think it's normal to First  to ask her friend (Oil) not go to that date if he thinks Oil support you. I think First did nothing wrong with such idea as we in fact always cheer up our friends to do that, but as First is quite not thoughtful person, he doesn't care about Oil if she likes that idea or not. And the way Oil denied her feeling toward First makes me feel worried too. So what's her and First next move?

The story of this episode is about Zomzom, but I don't understand behavior of her family: her parents as well as herself. Sure, even though they might be open-mined people but let the lover into house while you have teenager kids, it's hard to them, and if I was on her shoes, I would be more stress than that. And I thought her parents tried to talk to her much more than that instead of let her down. Particularly, I don't know why she took off her skirt (rebellious action?), and soon after her regret, it seems that her dad did not forgive her either, though I think it's just temporary. At first place, I thought her parent truly loved her, but also  a little bit selfish. They want her to understand their position but don't try to seriously think about her feeling. I mean she is not mature, how she could understand their circumstance since all she wants is her parents back. When she calls her mom, she tells her like nothing serious happens, and the father doesn't give her a chance to talk on the morning in the following days either, just maybe because his lover moved out (i just guess), he still gave her breakfast though. Or that's all issue the modern family face with nowaday? I think I missed somethings ;(. Besides, honestly, I don't believe you just cry out your eyes then can accept those things just after one night, and your friends who are so mean yesterday but now turn out to be nice as telling you it's okay. Those are so rushed and confuse me.

It's like I criticize so hard to this episode, nope, I still enjoy it. I love Boss and Non scene, Phao - Mali - Robot's as well. They are quite good. 

What I didn't like with what First did to Oil was the fact that, that particular activity is intended for them (Pang and Oil) as a bonding and not a date between First and Pang but he's so insensitive to tell Oil to make excuses not to be there. It was like, "Hey, you're the outsider here but you're the one who has this bravery to say that my presence is not needed" thing. He's insensitive. If he's man enough, he will be the one to ask Pang for a first date.

First was caught in the middle when he held hands with Pang. Pang didn't like it so he was forced to say that he indeed likes the latter. And the good thing about this, Pang was so straightforward that she didn't like First rather than prolonging the agony. First's reaction was normal for me. He's a good looking guy and maybe thinking ahead that he might get Pang because of that so he was caught surprise that he got rejected. Rejection is very difficult whether you're immune or not.

I have to agree about Zomzom's parents especially her dad. Her dad is so selfish. I did wish that he made his come out a bit more sensitive towards Zomzom. About the skirt thing? Zomzom gave out the skirt and said to her dad that she's willing to gave out all of her girly clothes for her dad since he's gay. That's a very insulting gesture from Zomzom. She realized then (with the help of talking to her mother) that she can't change her dad anymore. Rather than accepting, she realized that she must then respect her dad and felt sorry about what she did (giving the skirt, insulting her father). Did you notice while her dad is reading the news? It seems that he's also crying while Zomzom was crying and eating at the same time. Her father was hurt also. His lover (Mali and Uncle John) just visited their family (Mali's grandma). They didn't move out ;) What I realized with this episode was that the Angel Club (Zomzom's gang) has this genuine friendship. They're bullies but they're always there for each other. They tried making Zomzom a little bit better. They didn't know that Z's dad is gay so they felt sorry for bullying Mali about the gay thing.

Claudine and Rolex ( who plays Mali and Robot in the series) are being paired even in Next Gen so I doubt they will give out Mali to Phao ;) Claudine-Rolex already have shippers even before Season 3 started. I'm actually one of them :lol:

P' Ping said that Phao's difference with Tar is his love to music than his lovelife so I think Phao will be more focus on that than the love story.

P' Ping said that Phao's difference with Tar is his love to music than his lovelife so I think Phao will be more focus on that than the love story.

To add to this: I suspect the line in the episode description may be meant to be deliberately misleading. The EP.4 description says that Phao has noticed that Rolex is interested in Mali. And it says that Rolex has not noticed that "someone else" is interested in Mali, too. But the second person doesn't have to be Phao. For example, what if Sun offers to take Mali around Bangkok in this episode (and then tries that kiss we see in the trailer)?

Unless GTH explicitly spells it out in promo materials, leaping to conclusions can be hazardous. :lol:

To add to this: I suspect the line in the episode description may be meant to be deliberately misleading. The EP.4 description says that Phao has noticed that Rolex is interested in Mali. And it says that Rolex has not noticed that "someone else" is interested in Mali, too. But the second person doesn't have to be Phao. For example, what if Sun offers to take Mali around Bangkok in this episode (and then tries that kiss we see in the trailer)?

Unless GTH explicitly spells it out in promo materials, leaping to conclusions can be hazardous. :lol:

Yeah, you're right, P' Ben. I know GTH and Nadao likes to play tricks so I'll try not to conclude as much as possible. :lol::lol:

Guest zurichtime_stv

Haha you guys are really good observer towards the series trailer and description. 

What will happen is like what happened in this P'Yong's 2008 Thai film

I never watch Hormones the Film. I don't know the ending. Is it the ending good or bad? 

Ok finished watching Ep3 subbed .. and i like to talk about the things i liked and what made me frustrated..Lets start with zomzom i like her character and i kinda find her concerned for mali .. but she is being really frustrating i mean is nt it ok in Thailand to be gay?? i thought thailand is a open mind country about LGBTQ.. and if i have to compare to first gen then i will say zomzom makes me think about khwan as she also got through something like this cant-accept-how-could-you-do-this-to-me kinda situation.. but i am glad Zomzom simply accepted it and At the end protect mali like a P'.in future. Next is First gosh i am glad that kanompang at least made it clear that she is not interested and i kind feel that sudden hand hold made her remember about Tar... and Can i say how cute oil was looking while literally stalking first .. but i really see first should like Oil more then kanompang as she need happiness in her life and i think first can give it to her as he is very jolly type of a guy.. And I see Boss is doing all the work and i am getting scared that he will feel like he is not getting any recognition for all of his work and burst out soon enough.. and Can i say i like phao .. i like to know more about him and also robot.. and ROFL when phao kind described Phu ..lol sometimes likes girl sometimes like boys so confusing ..lol wasnt we all was in S2 with  Phu?? and specking of phu, koi why are you doing this ? why? i mean i even felt that the kiss has no feeling compare to one with Dao.. and i can clearly see Net is going to get hurt .. but i will be cruel and say this please at least in this season please P'Yong  give us a alteast a same sex couple

it was a survey conducted in bangkok few years ago on the topic "what if you've got a lgbt colleague?" and result was 80+% of repliers didn't mind. that meant there was still the minority who minded. the issue of zomzom was more complicated, she thought her dad was guilty for being unfaithful to her mom, lying her that he's straight, that he loved her.

i agree that the conflict between Zom and dad resolved too quick.

pang and first ended so quick most likely meant the break-up would evolve into another issue.

at the beginning of the episode, it showed that uncle john and zom weren't strangers, fairly close to each other, so it might not that of a rush for zom's dad. not talking directly in this topic is a nature of thai family even for the straight parent. e.g., if a divorced mother gets a new lover, she will introduce him as 'uncle ..., a friend of mine.', later, after the child and the lover get familiar with each other and seemingly go along well, the mother will say 'uncle ... and i are getting married. we're going to be a family.' since zom and uncle john already went along well and the father and uncle john weren't going to get a wedding, just planned to live together, his behavior was natural. thai parents usually believe time will solve the problem, if the new step parent is nice, the child will eventually accept.

the breakfast making (scrambled egg, zom's favorite, i believe) signaled that he forgave her. what the father wanted was that zom would accept the way he was and the "i'm sorry." from zom already told him that she started to accept him, no further conversation needed, she wasn't in the mood to discuss as well.

zom possibly hadn't wholeheartedly accept her dad yet, but she had understood that she should do so. the conversation with her mom told her that; 1. her mom had forgiven her dad, the revenge for her mom's sake wasn't needed, 2. however his sexual preference was, he was her loving and caring father and, to live happily, she had to accept him and his love.

she threw her skirt to her dad portrayed a common confusion (at least common in thailand) between gay and transgender.

her friends didn't change suddenly. they were always nice to zom. there are actually some bad-mouthed persons who are very nice to their friends. just like what zom herself said in the introduction video, "i'm a nice person, but only to some persons.".

highly likely! didn't zom say to sun in the trailer "you're a richard simmons. you're short and also a scumbag."?

? sl-- automatically turned into richard. lol.

t-netz' comments on the ep.4 teaser (discovery of pinky promise)

from ig, fb and pantip, similar comments are seen in all places, so i don't separate them.

- Whoa.

- Poor Dao

- So, this is why there is the paper tearing sound at the end of Dao's intro, huh?

- So, the burning book in the mv is ...

- That math textbook was for first year (grade 10), not third year (grade 12).

- Seeing her in ep.2, she might have known and started to opened her heart. the novel might make her more understanding.

- It may be a twist. What if Dao's mom was accepting while Koi's dad wasn't? What if Koi's mom had gone to Belgium because she or Koi's brother was gay?

- Her mom wouldn't be harsh on her again after she threw the lamp, right? She might feign clueless and indirectly asked about Koi.

- What would happen to Dao?

- Phao is neglected again, huh?

- KoiDao got their episode stolen by PhuThee in season 2, so they would steal back from Phu's brother.

- Dao: It means nothing.
Mom: Haven't you talked to Koi?
Dao: I have but ...
Mom: I won't mind whoever you date but you must not keep it to yourself. It worries me.
Dao: Mom, I love Koi.
Mom: (Silent)
Dao: You won't offend, right?
Mom: It's ok.

#LetsMeDelulu #TeamKoiDao #WaitingForThisScene

- Sorry Net, Koi's got a new boy. Hair flip.

11933450_798861543572982_522199126782577

- Wish Ms. Napajaree would accept Dao the way she was.

- It may be a twist. What if Dao's mom was accepting while Koi's dad wasn't? What if Koi's mom had gone to Belgium because she or Koi's brother was gay?

Omg this possibility though. I love that the whole Belgium topic isn't touched on, like why indeed is their family setting like that, with her mom and brother and Belgium, while her dad and Koi are in Thailand? Are her parents separated? Are they still together?

- Her mom wouldn't be harsh on her again after she threw the lamp, right? She might feign clueless and indirectly asked about Koi

I guess the lamp scene left quite an impact on the audiences, huh.

- Phao is neglected again, huh?

- KoiDao got their episode stolen by PhuThee in season 2, so they would steal back from Phu's brother.

Interestingly, also during episode 4, for this season.

Thanks for translating again, welp!

Guest CrypticShan

"KoiDao got their episode stolen by PhuThee in season 2, so they would steal back from Phu's brother." Hahaha. I laughed way too hard at this. Thanks so much Welp! :) Thanks also for explaining the nature of Thai families when introducing their partner into their child's life. Another addition in Thai concepts! Now I understand Zomzom's Dad and his way of introducing Uncle John into their lives. :)

Am I the only one excited in seeing Phao this episode? :) I didn't put my hopes up with episode 3 but that episode was great. So maybe Phao will shine this episode like Zomzom despite the hilarious comments on social sites. ;) Also, does anybody find it weird that this was supposed to be Phao's episode but then a teaser about Dao's mom was released near the date of the live stream? It wasn't uploaded on Youtube too. I don't think it was supposed to be part of the teaser but released to increase viewership. I don't even think that a confrontation with Dao and her mom will happen this episode. I think the scene would be... Dao coming home and sees her Mom reading her work, intense eye contact between the two for about 10 seconds, then BAM, continued in episode 5. Lol. ;) 

Helicopter your observations skills are on point! I do wish that the introductions and the bruises will play a part, not just coincidental errors. :) Every one here is upping their game.  I'm having fun reading your comments. Let's not assume too much, like what Bencanuck said, it can be hazardous. ;) Let's hope this episode would be a good one! ;) Go Episode 4! 

Archived