[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

The best thing that happened in this episode :) 

I admit to being totally partial to this pair.

palasmitten.jpg

You can just picture Pala going home, lying down on his bed, and recalling fond memories of his shoe and some girl saying nice things to him in an aggressive voice. :lol:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it feel like so much happened this episode?

It's Jane's first day as drum major, then suddenly it's her last day as drum major (or in school) because she quit. We've got another #wincomeback. A lot of implications here and there. Something about her brother and her mom's over protectiveness. Not Kwan and Win. Establishing, or making way for the other couples: Non and Kanompang (Sun is the number one shipper of this), First and Oil, ZomZom and Pala (very cute dynamic), Sun and Jane! Though something about Sun and Jane makes me want them kept as a purely platonic male-female friendship. But then again, those roles seem to be already filled by Kanompang and Sun. Remember that scene where First asks for Oil's number, where afterwards Kanompang and Sun go towards her table in sync and in the same angle, sporting the same facial expressions, something like that platonic male-female friendship.

We still haven't seen that pen throwing scene. :D:D

The best thing that happened in this episode :) 

I admit to being totally partial to this pair.

You can just picture Pala going home, lying down on his bed, and recalling fond memories of his shoe and some girl saying nice things to him in an aggressive voice. :lol:

I also like that scene P'! A rock-star chick flirting with a shy boy. And Pala's innocence is so cute. Totally love the pairing. Added highlight was the teasing from ZZ's friends :D

So the one who called Win that time was Kwan? Am I correct?

I thought Win indicated yes to Jane's question when I first saw it. But re-watching on LINE TV... I clearly "mis-saw" that gesture. (There's only so much that one can do at the same time: listen, watch, type.) Win seems to say no to Jane's question: "The person who called... is it the person you came back for?" He shakes his head slightly and winces.

This is the caller:

kwancall.jpg

(I'll edit the recap.)

On the surprise cameo:

I think Win's "cameo" is really a guest spot. In my opinion, it passes far beyond "cameo." He's in the story for eight, nine, or ten minutes -- most of which is a long one-on-one conversation with Jane. He certainly stars more in the episode than most parents, friends, and teachers do in episodes.

I think Win's contrast with Sun is interesting. Both have been there for Jane, but Win has moved on from being an "alien from another planet." Jane feels more alone because of this. Meanwhile Sun, who is in many ways Win 2.0, is the one Jane needs to cheer her up at times, to listen, to cry with.

Non and Kanompang (Sun is the number one shipper of this)

I quite enjoy this. For several episodes, Sun has been shipping NonPang. He ships it even harder than Sprite shipped MhogKwan. :lol:

Guest CrypticShan

Who said Win wasn't going to make a come back? :wub:

The atmosphere is the same as the previous seasons. I'm guessing Jane's big brother is dead or shipped somewhere which led to her family's state now. She does resemble Effy a bit from Skins in that manner. I realize why Jane is a bit popular among teens because of her straightforward, opinionated and "cool" attitude. Also considering her troubled background and constant rebellion. It feels like a breather for strict families and controlling society.

I like her too, she acts well but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the character she portrays. I see comments and posts saying they want to be like Jane or that she's their Idol. It kind of makes me think what they actually like about her. I know she probably had a terrible experience in the past which led to her poor choices, but I hope teens watching realize that having a troubled past can't justify wrong actions (e.g. Taking drugs, talking back to parents, sneaking at school etc.) I know she's still going to stay in Nadao but I hope she repents her actions in the end. I do know that Jane is kind, I hope it gets explored more in the following episode, not just angsty Jane. :) 

Thanks again for the recaps bencanuck. 

i just watch ep4, to see dao's mom reading her story with tears in her eyes, i can see dao is not the only one that changed after her break down last season, her mom did changed too. she knows that dao is writing about herself, and she knows how much she is hurt and sacrifice her feeling for the sake of not to hurt her mom. which mom on this earth won't feel anything about it.. im happy that she's being supportive. 

and for phao, im very sad he decide to quit. because he promised his mom that he wont quit. he can't join seescape doesn't mean it has to end. he is not good enough today doesn't mean he wont be better tomorrow. :(

anywa, can anyone share me mv of the song seescape play? i like the song :) thanks in advance. 

anywa, can anyone share me mv of the song seescape play? i like the song

:)

thanks in advance. 

SeeScape always has good song selection. Good to know that didn't stop with Tar leaving. (This song was released after Tar left the band. In fact, in the show's universe, it's just a few weeks or at most a couple of months after the song's release when Phao and Sua play with them.)

Guest loveislove

Thanks for doing recap P' Ben. 

I feel like I'm gonna watch Hormones with same feeling as season 2 in Jane's episode, it's dark and win comes back, i guess that's my reason. Lol. 

So, who's next? Boss, right?  

What is Non's major? Is international college a major in thailand?

Many actress/actors that I know study in Thammasart, Mahidol, Chulalongkorn and Bangkok University. Are those university famous in Thailand? Which of those 4 university the best in Thailand? Are those government university? Hehehe i'm curious about the university there.

Wow Pepo is studying in Singapore. :blink: How he can balance the school and shooting? 

I didn't find Bank's major. International College surely isn't a major.

Chulalongkorn is the country most popular university overall, Thammasart is there in the second. however, some actors are studying in "International" program, the program with less competition but much higher tuition fee. I won't rate these "international" programs higher than the same major of a better private universities.

Mahidol is famous for its medical sciences and Music faculties but not very much in other fields.

Bangkok is a private university, hence the competition isn't high. It's one of the 3 better private universities of the country. Other 2 are Assumption and Rangsit. Bangkok's tuition fee is the lowest among these 3 (but not very much) I believe. I also believe it's the most popular Thai university among foreign students. Going one of these universities doesn't always mean one cannot enroll a public university, someone would rather go to these universities rather than a third tier public university and someone just don't wanna take the stressful national admission exam. You can see many of those who aren't so academic oriented (and hefty), especially entertainment persons, go to these private universities.

top universities in my opinion are

Chulalongkorn

Thammasart

Mahidol - only for Medicine, Dentistry, Phamacy and Music

King Mongkut Institute of Technology at Ladkrabang and Thonburi (KMITL and KMITT) - only for engineering

Silpakorn - only for Fine Arts, Archeology and Music

Kasetsart, where ben is working as a teacher, is the leader in terms of Forestry, Agriculture and Agro-industry. However, those are less popular fields.

The atmosphere is the same as the previous seasons. I'm guessing Jane's big brother is dead or shipped somewhere which led to her family's state now. She does resemble Effy a bit from Skins in that manner. I realize why Jane is a bit popular among teens because of her straightforward, opinionated and "cool" attitude. Also considering her troubled background and constant rebellion. It feels like a breather for strict families and controlling society.

while she was in the back seat, Jane said her big bro died in a car accident and her mom became paranoid since. (that's why she summoned back from USA.)

Jane only quitted being a drum major, not yet resign from Nadao. She hasn't throw the pen to Teacher Ying.

P.S. The girl who coached Jane to be drum major was the Thammasart's drum major in its latest sport day.

I thought Win indicated yes to Jane's question when I first saw it. But re-watching on LINE TV... I clearly "mis-saw" that gesture. (There's only so much that one can do at the same time: listen, watch, type.) Win seems to say no to Jane's question: "The person who called... is it the person you came back for?" He shakes his head slightly and winces.

This is the caller:

(I'll edit the recap.)

He purposely hide the name of the caller? hmmm 

I was really surprised, to be honest, with Win's appearance. I'm the one who posted an article here before Season 3 started about Peach going to a different network and he doesn't have a contract with Nadao now so I was really thinking he will not show up in this season. Glad he made. After all, he's been the main man of the series for the past seasons. 

Yes, it's not a simple cameo like what March did in Phao's episode. Win spent almost half of that part. Are we going to see him again on later episodes? I'm excited. :)

This is the caller:

(I'll edit the recap.)

Well,,this is such a teaaaaassseeeee...aaaargghhhh...

I am a big Win-kwan shipper.

and I think the caller is Kwan, but Win does not wanna say it to Jane knowing that it won't be good thing for her.

this is what i want to believe, so pardon me..

hehe

This is the caller:

(I'll edit the recap.)

Well,,this is such a teaaaaassseeeee...aaaargghhhh...

I am a big Win-kwan shipper.

and I think the caller is Kwan, but Win does not wanna say it to Jane knowing that it won't be good thing for her.

this is what i want to believe, so pardon me..

hehe

I also believe it's Kwan because Win hidden the name of the caller (NDB and GTH are such a tease) and also the picture, (I think it's Kwan) Though I'm a Mhog-Kwan shipper, all things between them ended on a clear way last season so I'm satisfied already. I just wanted to know if Kwan is indeed dating now Win after the break-up with Mhog and what is Mhog doing now if that's the case. :)

Jane only quitted being a drum major, not yet resign from Nadao.

That honestly didn't occur to me watching the episode, but it's a real possibility, too.

I guess there are two ways of looking at what was presented in the episode.

This isn't just welp and me who understood differently. In general, Thai people are confused/debating what happened, too. Maybe we should clarify for non-Thai-speakers.

It is perfectly normal that there was no object of the verb "quit" in Thai, so it wasn't explicitly stated what Jane was quitting... Maybe she quit being in the band. Maybe she is intending to leave the school. (This is also "quitting" in Thai, even if it's not normally "quitting" in English.) If she just says she's "quitting," we need context. As far as I know, Jane only said "quitting." Hence, on social media, people are confused or split about what they think Jane is doing. There are lots of questions about it.

One reason to say she only quit the band is that we know the pen-throwing scene is yet to come. In other words, we know Jane is at Nadao in later episodes. So obviously she doesn't really leave the school. That doesn't happen.

But Jane could intend to leave the school now and somehow still end up at Nadao in future episodes. Nothing says that Jane's intention to leave Nadao is accepted by her parents, for example. So the existence of pen-throwing doesn't definitively settle the matter of what Jane says she's doing.

Another way to look at it is to consider everyone's reactions. Does the context seem to imply something really serious? In that case, it could be about leaving the school (not quitting the band). The reason I thought Jane was leaving the school is that these things happened:

• In the car, Jane tells Sun that she will "quit" tomorrow. Sun is shocked. He says that if only a few people "know" (about the actual drug use), then what is there to worry about? Jane says it's too late, she's already messed everything up. (Before this, Jane says that Teacher LukTan helped her with everything, didn't want her to quit the band, etc. -- so then again, maybe this context means Jane is quitting the band only. But if so, why does Sun mention about only a few people "knowing"? And why does Jane say she's messed everything up? Aren't those statements about her staying at the school, not in the marching band?)
  • Teacher LukTan is really upset and frustrated with Jane's message and apology. I know she's invested in Jane being a part of the band, but still...!
  • Jane is rushing out of the school after talking to Teacher LukTan. She doesn't even want to talk with Pang. Why hide from people if she's just quitting the band?
  • Everyone else is in a rush, including Pang (who has never been seen to care about what happens in the marching band). Isn't everyone frantic because Jane is leaving school, not quitting the band?
  • P'Pim is all "Huh?" when Jane says she has quit or is leaving. Would it really be surprising for Jane to quit the band (only)? She doesn't get on with people in the band, and she just started the role.
  • Nutt torments Jane with the idea that her quitting says that she admits to taking drugs. How would quitting the marching band have anything to do with doing drugs? It's just a band. Jane was in it for about a week. If she quits, that could hardly prove anything, even for Nutt's twisted mind. But if she leaves school, then she avoids a potential drug test and further consequences with the law. That's something to torment Jane about: Are you leaving to escape consequences?
  • Pang gets into a massive argument with Nutt. She even pushes him (a senior student!) back. Why would Pang be so upset about the marching band? Why would Pang blame Nutt for Jane quitting the band? (Why would Pang think that Jane's position in the band is related to Nutt and the drug rumour? Didn't Nutt's post mess with Jane's chances at school, not her chances in the band?)
  • Jane is upset about Teacher LukTan lying for her. Quitting the Marching Band doesn't do anything about Teacher LukTan "having" to lie for Jane (whereas leaving Nadao does mean LukTan no longer has to lie about what she knows about Jane). So if Jane is trying to feel better about what she has "made" a teacher do for her, quitting the band is not enough.
  • The music is pretty dramatic.
  • There's also the wider context of Nadao and GTH. They wrote a ThirTEEN Terrors episode for Nerng in which she leaves the school in a dramatic fashion at the end of an episode -- just like the episode that aired last night. Watching the "Dopamine" episode, I get flashbacks to the ThirTEEN Terrors episode starring Nerng. Maybe this unconsciously affected my interpretation, too. (I saw some other posts where this was obviously in the minds of viewers.)
  • Dramatically, the scenes play a lot more like when Win and Teacher Aor left the school than when Thee quit the band.

Those are a lot of reasons to think that Jane intends to leave Nadao Bangkok. But none of them are definitive. Nobody says it outright. Maybe Jane really is just quitting the band.

ltupset.jpg
jane-pang.jpg
pim.jpg

I guess we'll see next week (or in the English subtitles on Friday, if they are explicit). Then social media will know the definitive answer. :sweatingbullets:

(Or maybe there is some explicit dialogue that I missed. But if the dialogue is explicit one way or another, I don't see why there are so many questions on Thai social media.)

I also believe it's Kwan because Win hidden the name of the caller (NDB and GTH are such a tease) and also the picture, (I think it's Kwan) Though I'm a Mhog-Kwan shipper, all things between them indeed on a clear way last season so I'm satisfied already. I just wanted to know if Kwan is indeed dating now Win after the break-up with Mhog and what is Mhog doing now if that's the case. :)

It may be deliberately ambiguous. Win could be lying for Jane's sake. The name is covered. The photo is potentially of Kwan but not necessarily. Maybe we can take it however we want. That's very GTH/Nadao.

(I also say this as a MhogKwan shipper.)

Win spent almost half of that part. Are we going to see him again on later episodes? I'm excited. :)

Jane doesn't see him as "an alien from another planet" (like her) anymore. So her deep connection to him has been (in some sense) lost. If Win returns, it won't just be because Jane wants to hang with him. :tears:

OMG OMG !!!!! i just saw Peach's IG post and saw jane and win screenshot and i came running to the forum (not literally though) but OMG what is this turn of event . i was not expecting peach cameo as he left nadao Bangkok and GTH for his musical career and they gave us a cameo now.. OMG i am so excited for this firday's ep .. as i havent see it as i see with sub but all those screenshot here made me damm excited and whats that Kwan Win dating hits here??? if these two are dating then i will scream my lungs out because they are my bias couple in S1 and S2 and i kinda prayed win kinda date her because there is a chemistry between them which is so extreme on rare level and Now i really really hope they do a Thee cameo on Non ep plssssss like Non is asking for advise over phone and thee is helping something like that .. OMG GTH and PYong has no idea how these cameo gets me super excited .. I loved seeing phu .. and i am absolutely sure will love love Win's cameo YAY!!!!!! sorry i am too hyper and excited 

my delusional mind already screaming.... winkwan couple already dating.. don't mind my delulu... pls... let me ship this couple.... *in tears* 

KNP is already this close to Jane :) 

happy to know sun is shipping nonpang. anyway, i don't understand at first's part (bare in mind i didn't stream, i only read the recap) did he approaching oil (in this episode) with 'other' intention?

There is a rumor circulating that Thee will appear on episode 6. Not sure about this one though. I only saw it in IG and twitter. 

So I'm actually thinking about what will happen on that episode because based on the teaser for ep. 6, it should be Boss episode (which is not related to Thee's character for the past seasons) . If this is true, I think Non will also play a big part on ep. 6 then. 

These surprise appearances makes my heart melt. First gen and next gen for final season. What a great way to balance everything from the story to the fandoms. 

Jane only quitted being a drum major, not yet resign from Nadao.

That honestly didn't occur to me watching the episode, but it's a real possibility, too.

I guess there are two ways of looking at what was presented in the episode.

This isn't just welp and me who understood differently. In general, Thai people are confused/debating what happened, too. Maybe we should clarify for non-Thai-speakers.

It is perfectly normal that there was no object of the verb "quit" in Thai, so it wasn't explicitly stated what Jane was quitting... Maybe she quit being in the band. Maybe she is intending to leave the school. (This is also "quitting" in Thai, even if it's not normally "quitting" in English.) If she just says she's "quitting," we need context. As far as I know, Jane only said "quitting." Hence, on social media, people are confused or split about what they think Jane is doing. There are lots of questions about it.

One reason to say she only quit the band is that we know the pen-throwing scene is yet to come. In other words, we know Jane is at Nadao in later episodes. So obviously she doesn't really leave the school. That doesn't happen.

But Jane could intend to leave the school now and somehow still end up at Nadao in future episodes. Nothing says that Jane's intention to leave Nadao is accepted by her parents, for example. So the existence of pen-throwing doesn't definitively settle the matter of what Jane says she's doing.

• Pang gets into a massive argument with Nutt. She even pushes him (a senior student!) back. Why would Pang be so upset about the marching band? Why would Pang blame Nutt for Jane quitting the band? (Why would Pang think that Jane's position in the band is related to Nutt and the drug rumour? Didn't Nutt's post mess with Jane's chances at school, not her chances in the band?)

Those are a lot of reasons to think that Jane intends to leave Nadao Bangkok. But none of them are definitive. Nobody says it outright. Maybe Jane really is just quitting the band.

- i believe she just resigned the drum major position because it was a discussion on pantip and it ended as so. At frist, I thought Jane resigned from the school as well because what she did was to that extent.

- if you re-watch the back seat scene, Jane said the teacher tried to save her place as drum major but it's pointless, she'd screwed up. (still vague/ ambiguous to me)

- We didn't see Jane met the principal nor the homeroom teacher either, just saw her met the music teacher.

- Pang didn't blame Nutt for Jane quitting. Nutt bad-mounted saying Jane belonged to nowhere but the jail and Pang stepped in saying whatever happened to Jane was none of his business.

Archived