[Current KBS Drama 2014] There's The Cat! Meow / My Dear Cat 고양이는 있다

Felicia Soh

Gomapta @omgomo13 and @saulmon for the awesome sharing of the lyrics and link to watch/listen to the song - such a lovely and soothing melody.

@Doody014 - there's no thread for Choi Min in Soompi....so sad. I think from the very beginning Soo-ri has shown interest in Chi-wung and has been trying to hide from her colleagues especially Yang-sun the fact that they are acquaintance. She's guilty being a betrayal - YS wouldn't have lost her cat if not because of her wrongly tipping off CW.  Han Soo-ri is kind of a sly person....so far she is still harmless but if things get in her way, I think she's capable to turn evil. I bet Sung-il will soon show interest in Soo-ri. 

Btw, I think KBS is trying to promote the cast of MDC - Park So-hyun who played Han Eun-sook was one of the guests in KBS Variety Show, Family's Dignity whereas Choi Yoon-young appeared on "King of Food" recently on KBSW.  

Cut scenes from Episode 20...

20140704_1404475214_36280500_1.jpg

20140704_1404475791_80520600_1.jpg

2014070423213585_1_jmiyong.jpg\\

Source Naver

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finally watched through the first nine episodes and am enjoying the drama, particularly the character played by lead actress, Choi Yoon Young. The main irritation that I have is with the guy who stole her cat (who will undoubtedly end up becoming her boyfriend) and that fact that no one ever put up any signs or went out looking for HER cat. He was okay stealing it to pay for his idiotic mistake, but has made no attempt to help find the poor kitty for the person that he stole it from.  X( I really liked when she hurled her shoe and smacked him square in the face after he'd thrown her to the ground. Who feels the need to push a woman to the pavement when he could have easily fended her off without having to be so violent? Not an ounce of chivalry has yet shown up in this lad.  :-q
On a side note: How impressive was the display of flexibility shown by actress Park So Hyun (Aunt Eun-sook) in episode eight?! :-O You don't find too many people in this world (particularly at the age of 43!) being that fit and supple. I had to agree with 'Young-Sook' (Yang-soon's mother) when she asked, incredulously (and this goes for the actual person of Park So Hyun, as well!), "How could a woman so pretty and fit not already be married?" :-t :-??:-/

Guest Doody014

@robbo4‌ agreed, I was so surprised how ES Is so flexible at that age :-O her Yoga scene was amazing, I am really envious :-<

Yup, Eun-sook awed us with her flexibility and @robbo4 said it so well - everything in her simply exudes class and where is all the men?!? I got a feeling that Eun-sook and Do-hee (YS's boss) are interested in Segi (Sherlock guy).  These two ladies don't seem to see eye to eye....and btw, there are new captures of a "dating-scene?" of ES with Segi.

Thanks @Milky88 - you are spot on on the ahboji relationship of Chi-wung and Yang-sun.  Chi-wung's dad has been cursing Coffee Ahjusshi (YS's father) for his loss especially when he is in a tight financial crisis he tends to recall how he made the losses - thanks to YS father. 

Welcome to the thread @terang_bulan.

@Doody14....here's the latest scene caps of Episode 21.

2014070722560876_1_jmiyong.jpg

20140707004071_0.jpg
20140707_1404732791_33933600_1.jpg

2014070722232335_1_jmiyong.jpg

Source via Naver

Guest Doody014

I just watched today's episode (22) it looks like YS is getting jealous of SR ;;) YS was having a chat with CW while drinking coffee then SR came and told CW to come with her to talk and YS left alone both CW and YS looked back once but didn't see each other, when YS looked back she saw CW and SR laughing and chatting and got jealous :D I can't wait for this couple to get together :x

20140708_1404819644_20146400_1.jpg

I have yet to watch the last two episodes on KBSW but I love how the trio relationship is developing from the recent captures - thanks @Doody14 for spilling the jealousy vibes of YS.  I hope they will at least form one couple in this show or at least in the bickering stage - CW and YS has not even gone to such stage (as in KBSW viewing) but I notice CW seems to be always on the look out for YS. Hope to see Eun-sook going out for dates....I've only seen her at home and her dialogue exchanges is always among the family members.

This story has at least two missing people on the run...one is YS's father and the other is Ji-eun's father, and not forgetting Grandpa and YS's missing cats. This drama should adopt the title as "Missing Beings".

Some screen caps of Episode 22

2014070822591871_1_jmiyong.jpg

2014070823304675_1_jmiyong.jpg
20140708_1404821304_13168400_1.jpg

http://thumb.mtstarnews.com/06/2014/07/2014070820465029581_1.jpg?time=085114

Source via Naver

Lots of fun seeing the girls in their drinking scene (episode 10) especially 'Yang-soon' as she very cutely, and curtly, pointed her finger at her two office mates and told them off.  L-) I also did a little research to see if I could find any background on how it is that Park So Hyun ('Eun-sook') is so incredibly fit and found these clips:

^:)^

Guest Doody014

OMG finally YS find the truth about her father <:-P and it looks like SR will change from CW to SI because of his money and the shoes he bought her ;) at least now I won't worry about her annoying CW and YS :D thanks alot @felecia_soh for the screen caps :)

Thanks @robbo4 for the videos showcasing Park So-hyun's amazing dancing skill - she's indeed a professional dancer.  I am not familiar with her but from what I know through her appearance in "Family's Dignity", she's hardly the type to appear on variety show and she's currently a radio DJ. I am truly amazed by her dancing talent.

You are most welcome @Doody4 - hope you'll drop by more often. Han Soo-ri will be switching her target...I wonder whether she is aware that Sung-il is the grandson of the building Owner.

Here's the screen caps of Episode 24.....(based on the capscenes, looks like the identity of the "dead man" is about to reveal....and Soo-ri looked so smitten with the pair of Cinderella-looking high heels).

2014071017405113.jpg

20140710_1404992607_93203300_1.jpg

20140710_1404993537_51432200_1.jpg

Source via Naver

Capscenes of Episode 25....

20140711_1405080303_68015500_1.jpg

Brief translation of the above scene....

Apparently, Yang-sun is questioning her mother for keeping the truth of her father's "fake" death.  It was not an easy life for YS Omma since she has to carry so many burdens....especially the debt issue.   Her mother said that after the day of the funeral, YS's father sent a letter to her mother and asked her to consider him as dead and he will not come back to them. 

And since it has already been 5 years, YS Omma thought her husband could be dead. YS is confused and couldn't understand how her parents ended up in this situation.

2014071120570189447_1.jpg
Han Soo-ri has a sudden interest in Sung-il after she found out that he is the Landlord's grandson.

x1mA7rM.jpg

Fans of Choi Yoon-young secretly delivered 70 servings of sandwiches and fruits at a filming site.  Choi Yoon-young was greatly impressed and thanked her fans for their generosity.

Source via Naver

Guest Doody014

Just watched ep 25, and I have to say that I am kind of happy that SI dumped SR after realising that she is after his money, it's kind of annoying how she keeps changing her target because of money but I think she likes SI judging from her reaction when he dumped her :> also CW was worried about YS because she looked sad and troubled by something :x I really hope they start dating soon :\">

@Doody014 - you'll love this scene....apparently the two of them while drinking soju talked about their fathers. Despite being allergic to cats, YS insisted to rear cat because it reminded her of her father's love for cats.  YS got drunk and CW lent his shoulder....

20140714_1405339830_08813900_1.jpg

2014071420241741330_1.jpg

This two seem to be meeting all the time and it's the animosity vibes surrounding them that worried me when CW and YS fall in love.

201407141519291117_1.jpg

I think CW Omma is on suspicion mode about her husband cheating on her. I wonder whether she has ever got a chance to visit her husband's office.  This bickering couple is so fun to watch...but at times, the MCP yoboh....can be a bit hard to tolerate.

Source via Naver

Guest Doody014

@Felicia Soh  i am already in love with the scene hehe ;))
i agree with you, CW parents are hilarious esp his mother :D

Archived